IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 10: Before Happily Ever After

Bethella

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Edwin Morton and Francesca Tuggle are officially engaged, per Martha’s ig story. I’m not convinced they were engaged before, I think that was just a photoshoot they had

4 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I was surprised by that. Unbelievably weird to pose for fake engagement photos with the boyfriend you're not actually engaged to, imo.

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

I thought those were their WEDDING photos at first glance! 😂

I thought it was bizarre too, especially since the pictures are SO heavily bridal coded. However, there has been a rash of odd staged "second wedding" pics among the Morton-kin over the past couple of years (Josiah and Mariah in particular seem to use them in place of their actual wedding pics), and I think I finally figured the puzzle out.

Francesca is the sole proprietor of a florist business called "Goldie's Flower Truck".  Her instagram is at least 50% staged wedding shots with her friends and family posing with other friends and family in different outfits. She's posed with Edwin in 5 different photo-shoots, all of which are wedding or elopement themed. Dress, flowers, the whole nine yards. Weirdly, one even features "We Eloped" announcements as part of the set dressing that have Campbell and John's names on them. (Campbell and John have posed for her too, and presumably, they are leftover from one of their shoots.) Francesca herself appears in earlier, pre-Edwin pics with other dudes. I'm guessing she just recruits whomever is handy.

Of note, several (older) posts have visible comments accusing her of homophobia. I can't feign surprise at any implication of hateful ideology from that crew, but it is interesting that she chose to leave them up. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

On 12/12/2021 at 3:36 PM, sleepygirl1 said:

Logan Brown and Michelle Petty are getting married October 22, 2022 according to this. They’ve been engaged since 2017 so take it with a grain of salt. https://registryfinder.com/registry/michelle-petty/logan-brown/wedding/october-2022/na/2242901

Eh, they always said they would have a long engagement. I think they wanted to wait for Michelle to finish her master's degree first.

• Upvote 4

On 12/15/2021 at 12:26 AM, indianabones said:

Eh, they always said they would have a long engagement. I think they wanted to wait for Michelle to finish her master's degree first.

If they were fundies, I would say that wedding will never take place. But since they are LDS, I can see a wedding happening after a long ass engagement. I am pretty sure Mormons aren’t known for crazy short engagements like some fundies. Probably because they are allowed heavy make out sessions before marriage. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If they were fundies, I would say that wedding will never take place. But since they are LDS, I can see a wedding happening after a long ass engagement. I am pretty sure Mormons aren’t known for crazy short engagements like some fundies. Probably because they are allowed heavy make out sessions before marriage. 

Michelle definitely isn't LDS. Logan is no longer part of the AUB and there's no evidence that he's converted to Mormonism. It's actually pretty common for Mormon engagements to only be about 4 months long- since they get married in the temple, there's a lot less to plan with regards to weddings. The biggest thing is the reception or after-party, and some Mormons don't even bother with that part. 

If Michelle and Logan were Mormon, their long engagement would be super questionable and everyone in their community would assume that they were having sex before marriage, which would make it really hard for them to get a temple recommend for their sealing. (I mean, they're living together, so we can assume that they are).

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

On 12/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mormons are absolutely known for super short engagements.  They're encouraged from childhood to get married and start having babies ASAP.  (The church is losing tons of members and they want to replenish the ranks of tithepayers, gotta keep up that $100 billion+ hoard of money somehow) They're also taught that any strong feeling is a prompting from the holy spirit, so that tingly feeling that guy you just met gives you absolutely means heavenly father wants you to marry him and start pumping out those spirit babies.  Ex-Mormon reddit and exmormon.org are full of stories like this.  Guys returning from their 2-year missions are told they need to go find a wife without delay, or else they might fall into the horrible sin of masturbation.  A long engagement among devout LDS is practically unheard of.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

5 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Mormons are absolutely known for super short engagements.  They're encouraged from childhood to get married and start having babies ASAP.  (The church is losing tons of members and they want to replenish the ranks of tithepayers, gotta keep up that $100 billion+ hoard of money somehow) They're also taught that any strong feeling is a prompting from the holy spirit, so that tingly feeling that guy you just met gives you absolutely means heavenly father wants you to marry him and start pumping out those spirit babies.  Ex-Mormon reddit and exmormon.org are full of stories like this.  Guys returning from their 2-year missions are told they need to go find a wife without delay, or else they might fall into the horrible sin of masturbation.  A long engagement among devout LDS is practically unheard of.

Thanks for the info. I guess I figured since a lot of them go on missions and go to college, they might have long engagements before they are done with the mission or college. But it makes more sense that they would get all that stuff done first before they get engaged and then race to the church. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Keilah Jeub is engaged to a person named Will Kopriva. 

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know if that name is meant to be pronounced like Kayla? 

21 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know if that name is meant to be pronounced like Kayla? 

Sorry I don’t. In my head I say Key-La. But it can be pronounced so many ways. Key-la, Ky-la, Kay-la.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

It sounds like she says Kay-la in this old video. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Titus Hall is engaged to Jennifer Darmon. I’m really hoping that it was just distance that made his engagement broken rather than something is wrong with him because then I would feel for Jennifer.

9DC7D71C-D61D-4304-8DDA-58AE54400B3E.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

7 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Titus Hall is engaged to Jennifer Darmon. I’m really hoping that it was just distance that made his engagement broken rather than something is wrong with him because then I would feel for Jennifer.

Apropos of nothing, my dorm building when I was in college was called Titus Hall. 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

9 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

It’s been about a year since his last engagement. She kind of reminds me of Lauren a bit. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

22 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Dang, he recovered quickly from his broken heart🤔

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Dang, he recovered quickly from his broken heart🤔

But we know the "truth" -there are now pieces missing 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

I guess he just really wanted to get married ASAP. Maybe Lauren dodged a bullet.

• Upvote 3

I looked around on FB and Jennifer’s sister just got married this week. She and Titus got engaged. And then Jennifer’s brother also got engaged. Christmas time is such a common time to get engaged or married for fundies. 

• Upvote 7

Jasmine Willis is married to Ryan McDowell. Not sure of the exact date. Possibly late November? It’s the third McDowell/Willis marriage. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jasmine Willis is married to Ryan McDowell. Not sure of the exact date. Possibly late November? It’s the third McDowell/Willis marriage. 

Jenny and her husband are missing from the group pic. I think they were missing from the group pic of Jedi and Laney's wedding or shower as well. Hmmm.

27 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Jenny and her husband are missing from the group pic. I think they were missing from the group pic of Jedi and Laney's wedding or shower as well. Hmmm.

That’s strange since Jenny is married to Sean McDowell. Ryan’s brother.

• I Agree 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic