IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 10: Before Happily Ever After

Bethella

I know we don’t follow the Shaws but I wanted to post a picture of this huge engagement ring. The Shaws have a singing group called Citizens if Glory and I always figured one of their pretty daughters would end up dating a Bates boy. The families know each other and they live in Tennessee. However two of the Shaw daughters have been seeing two sons of the Crevier family. Which is also a large traveling fundie family that does basketball and unicycle tricks for Christ. I kid you not. Holly Daye Shaw just got engaged and here is the huge ring:

06613921-B2D1-426E-AC49-9257D079FD62.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

Could be moissanite or some other alternative stone.  I know quite a few people getting engaged over the last several years who have gone for moissanite.  It looks nearly identical to a diamond, but it's much cheaper, without the ethical concerns of diamonds.  

Gorgeous ring, though.  

• Upvote 12

19 minutes ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Could be moissanite or some other alternative stone.  I know quite a few people getting engaged over the last several years who have gone for moissanite.  It looks nearly identical to a diamond, but it's much cheaper, without the ethical concerns of diamonds.  

Gorgeous ring, though.  

It could be. I just can’t handle having a giant ring on my finger 24/7. My engagement ring is not big at all and I still can’t wear it all the time. The only ring I wear 24/7 is a thin gold band. That’s the only ring I can stand being on my finger all the time. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

basketball and unicycle tricks for Christ. 

Seriously? That sounds like an interesting, if bizarre, rabbit hole. 

Another one who thinks that stone isn’t a diamond. Which is fine - I’ve never been a fan of clear stones, anyway. It’s so big it looks like it would get in the way. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, postscript said:

Seriously? That sounds like an interesting, if bizarre, rabbit hole. 

Another one who thinks that stone isn’t a diamond. Which is fine - I’ve never been a fan of clear stones, anyway. It’s so big it looks like it would get in the way. 

They were on America’s got talent in 2013. Here’s their website: https://www.championsforever.com

0BA73C47-1536-42E2-8413-B8F495C7587F.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 8

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know we don’t follow the Shaws but I wanted to post a picture of this huge engagement ring. The Shaws have a singing group called Citizens if Glory and I always figured one of their pretty daughters would end up dating a Bates boy. The families know each other and they live in Tennessee. However two of the Shaw daughters have been seeing two sons of the Crevier family. Which is also a large traveling fundie family that does basketball and unicycle tricks for Christ. I kid you not. Holly Daye Shaw just got engaged and here is the huge ring:

06613921-B2D1-426E-AC49-9257D079FD62.jpeg

Holly Daye, seriously? This reminds me of the discussion we had a while back about first and middle names combining to make up a name. Now we have a first and middle name that makes up a word. How many more can we think of?

Also thanks for bringing attention to these two families. Maybe they should be added to our list.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Holly Daye, seriously? This reminds me of the discussion we had a while back about first and middle names combining to make up a name. Now we have a first and middle name that makes up a word. How many more can we think of?

Also thanks for bringing attention to these two families. Maybe they should be added to our list.

They are all good looking and I’m still thinking it’s possible a single Bates boy will want to date a Shaw girl. The Bates boys seem to go after exceptionally pretty girls. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are all good looking and I’m still thinking it’s possible a single Bates boy will want to date a Shaw girl. The Bates boys seem to go after exceptionally pretty girls. 

Yes, but would they be good with a Bates boy? Right now we have Trace, Jackson, and possibly Warden available and seemingly the right ages.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Yes, but would they be good with a Bates boy? Right now we have Trace, Jackson, and possibly Warden available and seemingly the right ages.

I don’t know if they do enough unicycle tricks. That seems to appeal to 2 of the Shaw girls currently ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know if they do enough unicycle tricks. That seems to appeal to 2 of the Shaw girls currently ?

Trace did try the Trick Pony Rodeo or whatever that’s called.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bates boys seem to go after exceptionally pretty girls. 

Which begs the question what do these girls see on the Bates boys? *cough*Lawson*cough

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

The Shaws currently don’t have a home. They sold their house without finding a new one. So they are living in their RV and doing some traveling for singing gigs. Good luck finding a home in Brentwood, TN! 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They were on America’s got talent in 2013. Here’s their website: https://www.championsforever.com

0BA73C47-1536-42E2-8413-B8F495C7587F.jpeg

That is a very - busy website. Way too much red, way too many spinny graphics. They also need to update their bios, since most of them reference events of 2013. 

The kids seem to have no choice about the basketball/unicycle thing. On the positive side, several of the older kids have apparently been to college, and one of the girls competed in the Miss South Dakota pageant (I can’t believe I’m considering a beauty pageant as positive, but at least it shows a willingness to interact with the outside world). 

• Upvote 9

19 minutes ago, postscript said:

That is a very - busy website. Way too much red, way too many spinny graphics. They also need to update their bios, since most of them reference events of 2013. 

The kids seem to have no choice about the basketball/unicycle thing. On the positive side, several of the older kids have apparently been to college, and one of the girls competed in the Miss South Dakota pageant (I can’t believe I’m considering a beauty pageant as positive, but at least it shows a willingness to interact with the outside world). 

Here’s their Instagram. They went to the Above Rubies conference this year in Florida. 
https://www.instagram.com/championsforever/

• Thank You 2

Holy Harlem Globetrotters! (does anyone remember them?)

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

Unfortunately. Much like this family, they make me roll my eyes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Life is too short for fundies pretending to be the the Jesus approved Harlem Globetrotters. No thanks. 

At least they're not just another family making a buck by "singing" - there are far too many screeching fundie families who claim to know how to sing/play music; they're almost a cliche'.

But, these people? No thanks. I don't even want to know people like this exist. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

I went to a Harlem Globetrotters show a few years ago because someone in my office was giving away a bunch of tickets. I think my partner and I were the only people there without kids. Still a decent excuse to sit in a stadium and eat kettle corn!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Unicycling for christ sounds hilarious. They kind of remind me of the Johnson family i have been following for a while and i also think could be added. I discovered them thought the oldest Katy (Johnson) Voetberg who has both a instagram and YT channel (@nowthatiamamother) and has 4 kids under 4 all with L starting names. The Johnsons have this weird family website (the big ski family) where they say their mission is to introduce 1 million families to the joys of skiing together. Its all so bizarre and privileged! Aparently they get sponsors just because. They have 11 kids, the girls all with K names and the boys C.B names.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Unicycling for christ sounds hilarious. They kind of remind me of the Johnson family i have been following for a while and i also think could be added. I discovered them thought the oldest Katy (Johnson) Voetberg who has both a instagram and YT channel (@nowthatiamamother) and has 4 kids under 4 all with L starting names. The Johnsons have this weird family website (the big ski family) where they say their mission is to introduce 1 million families to the joys of skiing together. Its all so bizarre and privileged! Aparently they get sponsors just because. They have 11 kids, the girls all with K names and the boys C.B names.

There’s no way they will get me to ski! I have poor balance these days as an almost 40 person. Maybe 20 years ago I could but I’m also agnostic. So even if I ski, it won’t be for Christ! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KWLand said:

Phillip Rodrigues is 18 today.  He can join the growing list of unmarried Rods.

I think we’ll see Kaylee and Renee married before we see any of the boys.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic