IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s

7 hours ago, Bastet said:

When I was an elementary Catholic school student in the fifties in New England, we would wear ordinary pants under our school uniform during recess in the winter for the warmth. We called them leggings. (We put them on in the “cloak room.”)

We did this too in the 60's in New England in public school.  We could wear pants under our skirts/ dresses to walk to school in winter, but once we arrived we had to take them off, also in the cloak room!  In really cold weather we wore snow pants under our dresses.  We hated it and that dress code remained in effect until I as in the 9th grade.  That's when girls could finally wear pants to school, but not jeans.  

• Upvote 2

It seems so odd to me that people claim that folks  in the past cared for families more and then I hear about women being fired for being pregnant. That does not make sense. They cared more but also punished people who were trying to have children? I think the fact we have so little parent leave already is terrible but this just tops the cake. America is not pro-family so much as pro-patriarchy. 

I was reading a Twitter thread that talked about how many men don’t want to provide child support unless they can control how the mother speeds the money. Yet at the same time they aren’t filing to have custody of their children which would lessen the child support payments. They make the excuse that lawyers are too expensive. Well it’s not like most women have money for lawyers either. The women I work with struggle and sacrifice a lot to get a lawyer. So to me it’s not about the family but about maintaining control. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

I was reading a Twitter thread that talked about how many men don’t want to provide child support unless they can control how the mother speeds the money.

My idiot X tried that. He didn't want custody, but he wanted to control how I spent the child support. He had the nerve to try to take me to court over it too. Judge told him "your son's mother is providing him a home, an education, and all the things she is supposed to provide. You can't do anything further unless you can prove that she is not using the money for your son". Idiot's response was that I had bought a brand new SUV. Judge said "oh good, your son has a new, safe car to ride in". 

It's all about control. Its always been about control. X lost his shit when it finally dawned on him that the divorce decree meant he no longer had any power over me. He's STILL salty about it 25+ years later. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

Reading this thread alongside her Twitter and horrific blog makes me wonder exactly how much this brain tumor of hers is affecting her thought processes. I also wonder how many women on the side good ol' Ken has, because at some point 5-10 minutes and some lube gets old and I imagine your wife going around and saying if it was up to her they wouldn't have had sex for the last 30 years gers old.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

Lori's FB has a screen shot of the candy baggie + tract she supposedly gave out last night.  This baggie is factory sealed

Do I believe the candy baggie + tract was available for sale? Why yes. Yes I do.

Do I believe Lori actually bought some and handed them out. Why no. No I don't.

Proof text from one of her FB comments

The Transformed Wife

.......... I have had a LOT of teenagers tonight! Their parents won’t be going through their stuff. Praying seeds of truth are being planted!

I don't know about Lori's 'hood but here (large southern city) teenagers don't trick or treat.  They take younger siblings/ cousins/ neighborhood kids around but they are not begging candy. We've lived in this neighborhood more than 20 years - no teenagers trick or trick.  

• Upvote 4

On 10/31/2021 at 10:45 AM, Bastet said:

England, we would wear ordinary pants under our school uniform during recess in the winter for the warmth. We called them leggings

We had an insulated legging we called "snow pants" that we would wear under dresses to school in the early/mid 70s-

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori's FB has a screen shot of the candy baggie + tract she supposedly gave out last night.  This baggie is factory sealed

Do I believe the candy baggie + tract was available for sale? Why yes. Yes I do.

Do I believe Lori actually bought some and handed them out. Why no. No I don't.

Proof text from one of her FB comments

I don't know about Lori's 'hood but here (large southern city) teenagers don't trick or treat.  They take younger siblings/ cousins/ neighborhood kids around but they are not begging candy. We've lived in this neighborhood more than 20 years - no teenagers trick or trick.  

We had a few middle-school aged children last night. 13/14 years old, I'd guess. But that was it, everyone else was much younger. In our old neighbourhood we'd get busloads of kids in from other areas, and there would be teens among them. They were always polite, though, so I didn't care if they were trick or treating even though they weren't supposed to. I was kind of disappointed last night; we only got a few dozen kids in total. But we're at the back of the neighbourhood and a lot of our neighbours kept their lights off. Halloween Scrooges. LOL. 

And now I've got a HUGE bowl of leftover candy sitting here. I'm glad I bought the good stuff, thanks to Kroger's sales the other week. I'll be eating through it til Easter!

• Upvote 2

There are a few teenage trick or treaters in my neighborhood.  One mother even posted on our neighborhood website that it was ok for them to be out getting candy, and I agree.  The younger ones go out earlier, and the older kids tend to be later, and later congregate at the neighborhood clubhouse and/or the more decorated homes.  I'm glad they are having fun.  There is no official age limit for it in my city.

Edited by crawfishgirl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

There are a few teenage trick or treaters in my neighborhood.  One mother even posted on our neighborhood website that it was ok for them to be out getting candy, and I agree.  The younger ones go out earlier, and the older kids tend to be later, and later congregate at the neighborhood clubhouse and/or the more decorated homes.  I'm glad they are having fun.  There is no official age limit for it in my city.

The age limit is 12 in my area, but again, I just don't mind older kids stopping by. They grow up too fast as it is; what's the harm in trick or treating a couple of extra years? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

13 minutes ago, Loveday said:

The age limit is 12 in my area, but again, I just don't mind older kids stopping by. They grow up too fast as it is; what's the harm in trick or treating a couple of extra years? 

I didn't even put the light on last night, I was busy doing other things. We rarely get trick or treaters anyway. A few Halloweens ago, I also didn't have the light on - but was painting a doll head so had to go on the porch a few times to spray the sealant. One of those times a teen (I'd guess 14-15 or so) and his young elementary age brother came running up. Here I am with my respirator on and a spray can, holding a disembodied doll head. But the older kid had on a Clockwork Orange costume and was super interested in what I was doing, so I had them wait a minute on the porch while I scrounged up some candy (I had gotten a small bag just in case) and grabbed a finished doll to show them so they could see what the end result looked like. It was just a brief interaction but they were awesome people and I'm glad I met them for that minute or two.

I don't mind teens trick or treating at all, they usually have the most creative costumes. And I especially like when they are taking younger siblings out and about. Halloween should be as much fun as possible for as long as possible, IMO.

I'm surprised Lori handed anything out at halloween. She seems more the type to put out an anti-halloween sign and shame her neighbors for decorating. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

19 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I was reading a Twitter thread that talked about how many men don’t want to provide child support unless they can control how the mother speeds the money. Yet at the same time they aren’t filing to have custody of their children which would lessen the child support payments. They make the excuse that lawyers are too expensive. Well it’s not like most women have money for lawyers either. The women I work with struggle and sacrifice a lot to get a lawyer. So to me it’s not about the family but about maintaining control. 

I work in child support, the stories like what @feministxtian shared are common in my world. The NCP wants to complain that the CP has a new dining table - the director in my office says "Kids need to eat on something" - He will also explain to the asshats that children use electricity, gas (home & vehicle), phone, wi-fi, vehicle transportation which means vehicle maintenance and insurance, homeowner or renters insurance, etc. and then of course food, clothing, bed, bedding, etc. Boundaries is not something these people respect. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Our teen aged neighbor boy walked over last night with a couple of his friends. No masks or costumes, just sacks. They kind of awkwardly hung around until I said “Help yourselves boys” (I set up a table in my driveway - there was no doorbell ringing.) 

For the past couple weeks, I have been seeing these teens outside playing football in our cul-de-sac and they are including another little neighbor boy who is five and just got a new baby sister. It is so sweet to watch them modify their game for him. I think they realize the little guy might need a little extra attention right now. 

Anyway, if teens are trick or treating, they’re not doing any number of other things that might be dangerous. As long as they are respectful, I kind of enjoy it. Teens can be so funny and make anything fun. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11

So much to unpack in Lori's "No, I'm not a witch" video which she posted yesterday. 

1. I LOVE how when she gets triggered these days she immediately runs to YoutTubes to explain herself

2. I have whiplash from all the "I'm not  fan of Halloween" "Halloween is harmless" "Ken isn't a fan of Halloween" "Ken is OK with it"  "I didn't use to like" to "Now I see no harm in".... it's like she WANTS to convince everyone it's OK to like it especially if you don't really like it or only like it a little. Then it's OK.  Got it. 

3. She only likes the fun and cute costumes, not the satanic ones although she admits she dressed up as a witch as a child. 

4. John MacArthur and Doug Wilson AGREE WITH LORI (right...not that she agrees with them...THOSE MEN agree with HER). And if they say it's Ok, it's Ok....even though "I'm not a fan."

5. Later on she admits that Yes, Halloween has evil satanic roots...but "It's only for one day so it's okay."  So when did the time limit determine if something was good or bad. I'm confused. 

6. I saw the picture of the candy she was giving out. Paydays? Almond Joy? Organic Lollipops that look like the crappy ones you used to get at the bank? KIDS JUST LOVE THOSE THINGS (eye roll, and aren't they full of sugar??? Isn't that BAD too??)... At least the KitKat and Reeses Cups are redeeming. 

7. Lori's upshot: Halloween is just about fun and getting candy, but then had to add a moral to the story of her childhood...that "she got sick" from eating all the candy (lesson: candy is BAD)

Conclusion:  Lori really doesn't like being called out by other Christians who are maybe more conservative than her.  She's getting a taste of her own medicine...being judged over trivial/personal matters...but OH THOSE women who work, don't dress modesty, aren't submissive enough, send their children to school...THEY ARE JUST BAD.

PS: Alyssa's son was a cute dinosaur. And I'm sure she made a fuss over him. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Our teen aged neighbor boy walked over last night with a couple of his friends. No masks or costumes, just sacks. They kind of awkwardly hung around until I said “Help yourselves boys” (I set up a table in my driveway - there was no doorbell 

If teens come to my house with no costume I ask them to entertain me. I've gotten silly jokes, songs, and dances and they always seem to leave happy. 

Last night a middle schooler asked me about a campaign sign in my yard. I said it was for a nice person, and good musician, who is running for city council. He said "OK. I will commit election fraud and vote for him." 

• Haha 15

49 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Our teen aged neighbor boy walked over last night with a couple of his friends. No masks or costumes, just sacks. They kind of awkwardly hung around until I said “Help yourselves boys” (I set up a table in my driveway - there was no doorbell ringing.) 

For the past couple weeks, I have been seeing these teens outside playing football in our cul-de-sac and they are including another little neighbor boy who is five and just got a new baby sister. It is so sweet to watch them modify their game for him. I think they realize the little guy might need a little extra attention right now. 

Anyway, if teens are trick or treating, they’re not doing any number of other things that might be dangerous. As long as they are respectful, I kind of enjoy it. Teens can be so funny and make anything fun. 

My take on it is that if a teenager is making even a token attempt at a costume and knocking at my door on Halloween when I have a light on, they get candy. There are so many other things that teen could be doing, and if they're interested in just dressing up and getting free sugar? No problem. I trick-or-treated into high school myself and loved it, and I don't want to take that away from the next generation down.

@SongRed7, some of us like Paydays!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

Re teens and trick-or-treating: My BIL and I are in our late 60s and were recalling how Halloween mischief nowadays is virtually nonexistent compared with the days of our childhood. Back then, pumpkins got smashed, houses got egged, car windows got soaped. In his rural town, firecrackers and cherry bombs—and worse—abounded.

Things are much tamer nowadays, and we can appreciate all the teenaged Dwight Schutes, Lucy-and-Ethels, dinosaurs, and Among Us-es who make the rounds.

(This year’s winner: A 40-something Chinese-born friend dressed up as the Squid Game’s “murder doll” and [figuratively] *killed it*!)

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

So much to unpack in Lori's "No, I'm not a witch" video which she posted yesterday. 

I just checked this out. Lori Alexander was not on my radar until recently. Whew! She is something, isn't she? 

I find it odd and maybe a little disturbing that she delivers her YouTube messages from her bedroom, sitting on the bed.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I work in child support, the stories like what @feministxtian shared are common in my world. The NCP wants to complain that the CP has a new dining table - the director in my office says "Kids need to eat on something" - He will also explain to the asshats that children use electricity, gas (home & vehicle), phone, wi-fi, vehicle transportation which means vehicle maintenance and insurance, homeowner or renters insurance, etc. and then of course food, clothing, bed, bedding, etc. Boundaries is not something these people respect. 

try keeping a 12-15 year old boy in shoes that fit. I remember taking the boys for shoes every couple of months until their feet stopped growing. It was insane and expensive. To save my budget each boy got a pair of shoes then the other one did the next month. Yeah, those MF'ers get their shorts in a knot over everything. When the X quit paying, he was all about how I wasn't going to be able to pay my bills and shit...like his 500 bucks a month were so fkn important to my budget. Now, hub's X tried to get him to keep paying until the girls moved out. She didn't make any provision for college for them, they graduated like #4 and #5 in their class and the damn JW bitch wouldn't let them apply for scholarships for college. 

• Sad 4
  • WTF 1

For so many reason, it must have been hard growing up in Lori and Ken’s household. But the Halloween thing is one I am thinking of now. One year, it’s evil and the next year it is fine. The same with school. Those kids went from public school to home school to private school and were spinning every which way based in their parents’s whims. It was probably so frustrating to never know when the rules were going to change. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

@feministxtian, so many friends have told me of the travails of trying to keep multiple teenaged boys in shoes, clothing, and groceries!

One mentioned going to court for additional child support when her boys hit their teens—because her ex was pleading poverty despite taking his new girlfriend to Hawaii on vacation. In his list of assets, he had a classic car he’d painstakingly restored, listed at its blue book rather than actual value. The judge looked at my friend and asked her, “Mrs. H, would you buy that car from him for $500?” She replied, “You bet I would!”—and her brain trust of an ex hollered out, “It’s worth a LOT more than that!” Let us say that His Honor was less than impressed with him.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

some of us like Paydays!

agreed! I like paydays...didn't mean to malign them.....I just don't know many kids who prefer those ....when Lori's says "it's all about the kids"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

PS: Alyssa's son was a cute dinosaur. And I'm sure she made a fuss over him. 

Could it be because Alyssa took her son out for trick or treating that Lori decided Halloween was ok?  At least for this year.

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Could it be because Alyssa took her son out for trick or treating that Lori decided Halloween was ok?  At least for this year.

It's Lori. It could be the direction of the wind, or what sort of bacteria is growing in her slime salad. 

She lies aboout 90% of things and then the oother 10% change constantly according to her whim.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

I was fascinated to hear that feminism leads directly to witchcraft. 

I thought it was Harry Potter that did that? Are there many paths, or is it like the moving staircases in Hogwarts? One day feminism leads to increased equality, the next... witchcraft. 

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic