IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s

My mom was born in 1953 and slept in a crib in her parents room until she was around three or four because her three sisters were in the other bedroom. She finally got to move when the oldest sister (who was 15 when my mom was born) got married and moved out. 

Lot's of families had small houses and kept at least some of the kids in the room with them. As someone above said, you just have to get creative if you wanna "get busy". 

• Upvote 4

On 10/23/2021 at 9:02 PM, Free Jana Duggar said:

Lot's of families had small houses and kept at least some of the kids in the room with them. As someone above said, you just have to get creative if you wanna "get busy". 

To be honest with the way some of these people talk, getting creative is probably frowned upon. You might accidentally have too much fun. If it’s not missionary, it’s not holy. 

• Upvote 4

Well, Lori's in Facebook jail again. Apparently for three days this time, because Ken told her to appeal the original one day sentence. According to her latest YouTube video, it's because of something she said about feminists. 

Cue the pErSeKuShOn posts in three, two, one...🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Well, Lori's in Facebook jail again. Apparently for three days this time, because Ken told her to appeal the original one day sentence. According to her latest YouTube video, it's because of something she said about feminists. 

Watched the video.....for someone who says "she doesn't care" she sure looks like she is ready to burst into tears because her beloved social media has banned her (temporarily) And for the record....her instagram "links" were disabled because she spread too many false medical claims/quack cures/false info about vaccines, etc.   So she can cry persecution all she wants...but "free speech" doesn't prevent consequences.  But Lori will NEVER take responsibility. 

And despite her martyrdom stating that ALL the social media companies are censoring her (like they EVEN KNOW who she is....guess what Lori? You aren't that important. They are targeting you personally) the platforms are simply enforcing community standards.  

Maybe while she is "off" most social media...she should go practice being a transformed wife....bake some bread or something.  And for the record, she does not look well IMHO

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I watched the video, and she mentions that she writes about 'truths that apply to all women'.  It would be good for her to do some self-reflection on why this keeps happening to her, and to decide if there is any 'truth' to the fact that she is full of hate in much of what she writes.  But we know that will never occur.  She'll just get off on feeling persecuted, and her incel sycophants will tell her how wonderful she is and how she needs to continue to teach women about how horrible we are.

Disgusting.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Her audience is so rarely the young women she  says she is supposed to teach. It is ALL incels. And she loves it. I just have to smile that she gets that dig in at Ken. If he hadn't told her to appeal it, she wouldn't be silenced for three days. How I wish she were in real jail. She is really upset in that video!

• Upvote 9

I feel the same level of sympathy for Lori being upset that she does for any woman who doesn’t live or think how Lori thinks they should. 
Zero. 

• Upvote 11

I’m pretty sure that violating community standards on social media and getting consequences isn’t persecution. And it certainly isn’t government persecution. But evangelicals love to claim persecution. Reminds me of the kid at Christian school telling her story of persecution at chapel once. Complete with righteous tears. She was the catcher on her softball team and during a rough inning kept calling time to go to the mound to try to get the (unwilling) pitcher to pray with her. The umpire finally told her no more visits that inning unless the coach asked for it. Persecution part 1. Later the coach told her that they were not going to continue letting her catch if interrupting the game to force teammates to pray continued. Persecution part 2. And of course it all happened because the coach and majority of her teammates were Catholic and “didn’t know about Jesus”. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I’m pretty sure that violating community standards on social media and getting consequences isn’t persecution

yep...it's pretty much..if you don't lock step agree with me on everything...persecution.  Jill Rod is good at that, too.  

I know I'm a masochist, but I watched the video again. Just BEC, but why does she start with a laugh and introduce herself weirdly....HI...I'm.....Lo- ri. Al-Ex-An-Der......

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

yep...it's pretty much..if you don't lock step agree with me on everything...persecution.  Jill Rod is good at that, too.  

I know I'm a masochist, but I watched the video again. Just BEC, but why does she start with a laugh and introduce herself weirdly....HI...I'm.....Lo- ri. Al-Ex-An-Der......

I bet her kids just cringe at having these crazy vidoes of their mom online. Even if her kids tolerate her, visit her, trust their kids with her. . . I'm sure the videos are still an embarrassment.

Especially for Alyssa, living near the beach and trying to be cool, it must be humiliating to have your mom on youtube with her disheveled hair and nervous laugh. The California coast is a pretty liberal place, too, and I can't believe Alyssa's friends agree with Lori's "truths."

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Lori wore leggings once in 1982 then Ken told her no. Uh… I don’t remember leggings being a thing then. But I was a kid and may have missed it. Googled a bit. They became a thing in the early 80s with the whole aerobics, Jane Fonda workout fads. For doing those activities. No evidence they were a thing for grocery runs. And something tells me Lazy Lori wasn’t going to aerobics classes. 
And then there was this in the comments: 

Spoiler

9051DC55-52D0-4A71-AB05-FC78C8E52CE0.jpeg.088f9dbb07f550e29de741792b06cbc2.jpeg

Where did she come up with that?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

Lori shows us her bedroom -- she says it's plain but comfortable. Not sure about the comfortable, but it definitely looks sterile and cold.  I'm not convinced 5-10 minutes and some lube has ever taken place in there.

She then humble brags the furniture is her parents from the 60s and the lamps from a garage sale.

I don't know about Ken, but does he really want his clients to see his 'looks like your first apartment with hand-me-down furniture' bedroom?

If you look closely you'll see Lori's bed is a folding metal frame.

Edited  to add:

Lori, lying liar who lies, says she's never shown us her bedroom before.  I distinctly remember seeing her San Diego bedroom at least twice when she bragged about the minimalism, and her lake cabin bedroom at least once when she bragged the same thing

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Lori wore leggings once in 1982 then Ken told her no. Uh… I don’t remember leggings being a thing then. But I was a kid and may have missed it. Googled a bit. They became a thing in the early 80s with the whole aerobics, Jane Fonda workout fads. For doing those activities. No evidence they were a thing for grocery runs. And something tells me Lazy Lori wasn’t going to aerobics classes. 
And then there was this in the comments: 

Hide contents

9051DC55-52D0-4A71-AB05-FC78C8E52CE0.jpeg.088f9dbb07f550e29de741792b06cbc2.jpeg

Where did she come up with that?

Nope. Definitely not a public fashion statement in the early 80s. Maybe she meant the 90s--stirrup pants were HUGE then. Or as @Red Hair, Black Dress just said, Lori is lying yet again. Imma go with Red on this one. LOL.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Nope. Definitely not a public fashion statement in the early 80s. Maybe she meant the 90s--stirrup pants were HUGE then. Or as @Red Hair, Black Dress just said, Lori is lying yet again. Imma go with Red on this one. LOL.

I loved stirrup pants! So comfortable! I now live in leggings and yoga pants. Eventually I need to expand my wardrobe again with something other than clothes to stay home in. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I loved stirrup pants! So comfortable! I now live in leggings and yoga pants. Eventually I need to expand my wardrobe again with something other than clothes to stay home in. 

I loved them, too. Had them in all the colors. Wore them with tunic tops, I thought I looked so good. Family pics from the era tell a slightly different story 😆, but they really were so, so comfortable! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Her post says it was when she was 24 which would have been early 80s. If she would have said 90s, I also would have assumed stirrup pants. Loved them with long sweaters or sweatshirts. 

I didn’t start living in leggings until after  my car accident in February 2020.  With the back and hip pain and PT three times a week the first few months, nothing else was comfortable 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Back in the 80’s I knew an older woman who had years earlier been fired from her teaching job because she had gotten married, so it was indeed a thing. I think she was in her late sixties, and if we assume she married in her twenties, this likely happened 1930-1940

She sued. And lost. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 1

I have a friend who is 83.  When she was in her 20's she was a public school teacher.  Shortly after she got married she became pregnant and had to quit her job before she started to show.  Bizarre, considering that her students no doubt had seen their own mothers pregnant many times.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4

54 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Her post says it was when she was 24 which would have been early 80s. If she would have said 90s, I also would have assumed stirrup pants. Loved them with long sweaters or sweatshirts. 

I didn’t start living in leggings until after  my car accident in February 2020.  With the back and hip pain and PT three times a week the first few months, nothing else was comfortable 

Oops, I forgot she'd said that bit. Yep, she's a liar. 🤣

I don't own any leggings these days. I need to buy some, because I know they're omg levels of comfortable, and because it's always fun to spite Lori. :lol:

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Loveday said:

My neighbors’ daughters wore them to school in the winter(NY)after they switched to their church’s Christian academy, where dresses/skirts were required.  But that was the mid 80s.

• Upvote 2

When I was an elementary Catholic school student in the fifties in New England, we would wear ordinary pants under our school uniform during recess in the winter for the warmth. We called them leggings. (We put them on in the “cloak room.”)

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Bastet said:

When I was an elementary Catholic school student in the fifties in New England, we would wear ordinary pants under our school uniform during recess in the winter for the warmth. We called them leggings. (We put them on in the “cloak room.”)

My aunts remember doing that, they were in elementary school in the fifties. I remember wearing thick sweater-material tights under my dresses and skirts in the sixties; we called them leggings, too. Cozy and warm!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Bastet said:

Back in the 80’s I knew an older woman who had years earlier been fired from her teaching job because she had gotten married, so it was indeed a thing. I think she was in her late sixties, and if we assume she married in her twenties, this likely happened 1930-1940

She sued. And lost. 

This happened in the 60's. My mother spoke of it.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

This happened in the 60's. My mother spoke of it.

My 5’2” 100 lb mother hid her pregnancy with me at work until seven months, so she wouldn’t be forced to resign. She planned to quit and stay home when I was born , but they wanted to have her income as long as possible before. She worked as a secretary at a manufacturing plant for a major food corporation. Each manager got to choose their policy about pregnant workers in office jobs (others were dismissed immediately). Hers made them quit as soon as they were even slightly showing. This was in 1971. Other women in the office were able to use the fact that she worked with no issues to get the policy changed. 

• Upvote 9

On 10/26/2021 at 6:44 PM, Jackie3 said:

Especially for Alyssa, living near the beach and trying to be cool, it must be humiliating to have your mom on youtube with her disheveled hair and nervous laugh. The California coast is a pretty liberal place, too, and I can't believe Alyssa's friends agree with Lori's "truths."

Alyssa has very conservative friends. They may wear small bikinis, but their churches are Lori-like. Her inlaws are friends with Lori (or were friends for years), and all her siblings follow their parents beliefs. Alyssa's friends and relatives may think that Lori is a bit crazy or be ashamed of the little dirty secrets she reveals, but they are all in the same boat.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic