IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s

13 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

It’s not surprising that 19 year olds are thinking of their careers. 

Most of the right-wing people I know are pushing toward "career readiness" in primary school. They already convinced secondary schools to introduce programing for "soft skills" and "career readiness" and "career exploration" (which only includes STEM(well, engineering) and Career Tech (used to be vocational ed) type courses. It's part of the GOP plan to get (white, Christian) kids in a pipeline from kindergarten to  careers, but only acceptable, non-academic careers.  I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist but I used to work in that field and it's weird to me how much they fight against any sort of general education course.  It's also so wrong to let big businesses into schools and allow them a seat at the table in curriculum and planning. 

19 year olds should be thinking about their careers. 30 year olds today are most likely disappointed as they were born in 1992, lived through multiple recessions and wars, and stagnant wages,  while their parents were able to buy a house on minimum wage, and were too old for the Middle East Conflicts, and not around for WWII, Korean, and too young for Vietnam.

43 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Today, Lori explains that “no couple is compatible”.  I didn’t read the blog because I didn’t want to ruin my lunch. But good lord. Just cause she can’t get along with anyone doesn’t mean the rest of us are like that. 

She's basically a stereotype at this point. She doesn't learn. She doesn't see that not everyone is bound by her faith. She doesn't understand basic concepts like "maybe I'm wrong." 

• Upvote 6

I was reading on one of my widow groups and someone asked the question  'how long after your husband passed did you go back to work?'  and the answers went from three days, to five days, most were two weeks, some a few months, some were I was already retired, a few were I'd already quit work to take care of him.  Not one single person in over several hundred answers said HA - I was a Godly SAHW and the church stepped up and provided for me.   weird - I thought that was what Lori's God did??  Where is the proof of that?    Must be some special church - like JRod's where God only knows you are Christian by what  you wear and how you make your kids fast and don't educate them.   

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

I was reading on one of my widow groups and someone asked the question  'how long after your husband passed did you go back to work?'  and the answers went from three days, to five days, most were two weeks, some a few months, some were I was already retired, a few were I'd already quit work to take care of him.  Not one single person in over several hundred answers said HA - I was a Godly SAHW and the church stepped up and provided for me.   weird - I thought that was what Lori's God did??  Where is the proof of that?    Must be some special church - like JRod's where God only knows you are Christian by what  you wear and how you make your kids fast and don't educate them.   

Lazy, entitled Lori will never understand work. She doesn't even work hard at the things she tells other people to work hard at - like preparing safe, healthy, nutritious meals. She's so lazy. A shiftless, lethargic lay about. A "stay in bed mom." If Ken died, I wonder what she would do? Do they have enough savings for her to lounge about with her housekeeper? Would she have to sell the house? Would she con one of her kids into doing it for her because she's clearly just playing up the helplessness so she can get away with doing nothing? 

I can't even imagine what her life would be like if she hadn't met Ken. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

20 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

If Ken died, I wonder what she would do? Do they have enough savings for her to lounge about with her housekeeper? Would she have to sell the house? Would she con one of her kids into doing it for her because she's clearly just playing up the helplessness so she can get away with doing nothing? 

That's a great question, I wonder what she'd do if Ken passed?

She has mentioned adult children caring for parents in retirement (because middle aged adults don't have their hands full enough with trying to raise kids, pay a mortgage, save for college, save for their own retirement, paying bills, getting ahead at work), so I wonder if she'd want to move in with one of her kids.  God help 'em!

• Upvote 4

On 9/23/2021 at 11:14 AM, louisa05 said:

Today, Lori explains that “no couple is compatible”.  I didn’t read the blog because I didn’t want to ruin my lunch. But good lord. Just cause she can’t get along with anyone doesn’t mean the rest of us are like that. 

On paper, David and I were too different to ever make a go of a relationship. Tall/short, all-american/ethnic, artist, creative/logical, engineering brain, neat/sloppy. BUT...where it counted, in our core values and morals we were virtually identical. I sure as hell didn't have to "learn" to love him, I was a lovestruck, hormonal mess from the beginning (and I was 34 when we met). He had that problem where the wrong head is doing all the thinking...things didn't change much over the ensuing years. I was and will be forever head over heels with the best thing that ever invaded my life. 

"Learning to love your children"...this pisses me off beyond belief. What the hell is wrong with her? I bawled my eyes out the first time I laid eyes on each of my children. "Learning to love them" was done before the umbilical cord was cut. I think it took less time to fall in love with my grandchildren. But, I find it easy to love, my spouse, my kids, my grands, my critters, my friends...Every last one of the people in my life have enriched it in some way. Yes, I can be a self-centered bitch at times, but I can't imagine my life without what everyone in my life has brought into it. I can only hope I have managed to influence at least one person like they've influenced me. 

• Love 6

@feministxtian My husband is a very hands on, active doing something all the time person. He is not incredibly academically inclined. When he slows down he watches tv. He’s also a neat freak. I’m very academic. I read 60-70 books a year, lots of them non-fiction because I still want to learn stuff. I’m pretty messy. I prefer to not do a whole lot when I’m home. But as you said about your late husband and you, we share the same outlook, same principles and ethics. And there are things we both love as well. I do think some of those opposite things are good and actually make for compatibility. Sister-in-law was going on awhile back that she could never be with someone who’s not a neat freak like her (the whole damn family is). I challenged her in that and pointed out her brother is and I’m not. It works because we don’t butt heads on how things should be done as far as cleaning and organizing. He wants it all a certain way so I let him do it. And believe me, their whole family cannot compromise on those things. So another neat freak with immovable ideas about how it should be in the mix would be a disaster. People who think compatibility means being exactly the same need to rethink it. 
As for loving children…I don’t have any. But I love the kids I work with so much. I love my relatives’ kids. My cousin’s daughter has a baby in the NICU I’ve only seen in photos and videos and I adore him and can’t wait to meet him. Loving children is easy. Lori is a sociopath. 

• Upvote 10

@louisa05 at the very beginning of our relationship, I was vacuuming and he made a crack about how I was doing it wrong. I handed him the vacuum and told him he could do it. He did for the next 20 years! 

I hope your cousin's grandbaby is growing and getting healthy. 

Speaking of loving children you haven't met...my granddaughter was still in Mongolia and I was completely crazy about her, It took them almost a year to get her here. The first time I met her, she ran to me and said "I love you Grandma" because her mom had told her how I had been asking after her and stuff before she got to the US. She was on the other side of the damn world and I was already crazy about her. 

Yes, Lori is a sociopath and sometimes I almost feel sorry for her, for what she's missing out on,. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

18 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

@louisa05 at the very beginning of our relationship, I was vacuuming and he made a crack about how I was doing it wrong. I handed him the vacuum and told him he could do it. He did for the next 20 years! 

I hope your cousin's grandbaby is growing and getting healthy. 

Speaking of loving children you haven't met...my granddaughter was still in Mongolia and I was completely crazy about her, It took them almost a year to get her here. The first time I met her, she ran to me and said "I love you Grandma" because her mom had told her how I had been asking after her and stuff before she got to the US. She was on the other side of the damn world and I was already crazy about her. 

Yes, Lori is a sociopath and sometimes I almost feel sorry for her, for what she's missing out on,. 

Baby has Down’s and was premature due to mom having preeclampsia. He’s been in the NICU since birth. Today’s day 156. He has had his best week ever though and with PT was able to sit up by himself for the first time this week. He has a heart defect common to Down’s and will need that repaired as soon as he’s strong enough. So he won’t be able to go home  until then. 

Husband and I had the same scene about me cleaning the stove wrong early on. He does all of the cleaning since then. Except mirrors. He’s oblivious to mirrors needing cleaned. He told his mother awhile back that ours never get dirty. He thinks that because he does not realize that I clean them. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

43 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Baby has Down’s and was premature due to mom having preeclampsia. He’s been in the NICU since birth. Today’s day 156. He has had his best week ever though and with PT was able to sit up by himself for the first time this week. He has a heart defect common to Down’s and will need that repaired as soon as he’s strong enough. So he won’t be able to go home  until then. 

May I add him to our church's prayer list? Down's is a long road and every milestone a party. Sending love to little one and his mama. 

• Love 6

Mr. Dress was not neat when we met. He wasn't filthy, but her didn't see ring around the bathtub or that clothes go in the hamper and towels get hung up to dry.  He's gotten a jillion times better over our marriage.  He still doesn't see dust or dirty mirrors,  but he will clean windows (weird I know).  I've mentioned so often he's the champion vacuumer because he loves his Dyson.  He cleans the kitchen because I cook.

Like @feministxtian on paper when we met the relationship was a non starter. We were opposites in every way  starting with the fact he's 10 inches taller than my short self. But the things that count (morals, values, ethics, approaches to life, etc) meshed completely. I was also a head over heels mess from the day I met him (I was 30). No one needed to teach me to love. him. All these years later we're still crazy for each other and the things we have in common plus things that make us different are what bind us together.  He's my one and only forever and for all time.

We don't have children, but I was in love with friends' children, and nieces and nephew from the moment I clapped eyes on them.  I love my family and my friends. I'm 99.9999999999999% sure I don't know anyone who had to learn how to love.

One of the traits of sociopathy is the inability to love. A sociopath can fake it/ mimic it/ pretend it/ act it/ convince others of it. But they don't feel it.  Sociopaths love themselves only. They use love for power and winning in whatever situation they're in.

Not a shrink here, but this fits our favorite godly older mentor wife to a T. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

May I add him to our church's prayer list? Down's is a long road and every milestone a party. Sending love to little one and his mama. 

Please do. She's a single mom. Father took off before he was born when Down's was diagnosed. His name is Jackson. Mom is Lacie

Edited by louisa05
  • Love 8

@louisa05 I will email my pastor now. And, I just want to enfold them in a huge hug. Please, keep me posted on Jackson's progress. Heck, I don't even know them and I'm able to feel love for them. Lori is a fucking sociopathic monster. 

Let them know the crazy chick in Colorado is cheering Jackson on!

PS check your messages. Thanks!

Edited by feministxtian
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 3

On 9/23/2021 at 3:05 PM, Maggie Mae said:

If she hadn't married Ken, she'd be up a creek since I doubt there are many men with his earning ability who would put up with her bullshit.  So, we can assume Lori would be single and oh so jealous of those women who married into a nice house and cushy lifestyle.  She would probably be the worst kind of anti-man feminist out there and if she actually found a career she'd be good in, she'd have a blog extolling the virtues of independence.  See, the only cause Lori believes in is...Lori.   She enjoys the attention.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I wonder what has set her off recently that has her so obsessively focused on “thou shalt not be in love with thy spouse” as the new greatest commandment. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

I wonder what has set her off recently that has her so obsessively focused on “thou shalt not be in love with thy spouse” as the new greatest commandment. 

Yeah, she basically told a woman who's been married for 40-odd years and is still crazy in love with her husband that she's doing it wrong. The woman dared to argue back, and of course now the comments are gone. :my_dodgy:

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Loveday said:

Yeah, she basically told a woman who's been married for 40-odd years and is still crazy in love with her husband that she's doing it wrong. The woman dared to argue back, and of course now the comments are gone. :my_dodgy:

Her posts make me so sangry (sad and angry). I simply can’t believe that she is advising young women that love is not required in a marriage, and that they will have to be taught how to love their spouse and children. She’s always harping on showing the joys of being a Christian to encourage others to join up. What part of “you will not naturally love your family but will learn to act like you do because Jesus” is attractive to any sane person?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

On 9/25/2021 at 10:20 AM, louisa05 said:

As for loving children…I don’t have any. But I love the kids I work with so much. I love my relatives’ kids. My cousin’s daughter has a baby in the NICU I’ve only seen in photos and videos and I adore him and can’t wait to meet him. Loving children is easy. Lori is a sociopath. 

Not everyone enjoys being around children, and that's okay. A lot of churches (fundie, "mainstream" and everything in between) demonize people and particularly women who don't love being around children and don't want to deal with them.

When I was 19, I did not want a baby at the time. I didn't even enjoy being around babies and both my social circles and religion (Catholicism) tried to make me feel like a freak. I'm sure Lori would have a lot to say about it.

I like children enough that I'm sick about the way adults are behaving during the Pandemic. Whining about having to wear a mask and children having to wear masks even though it protects them from a deadly disease. A lot of my vaxxed friends are taking too many risks imo with their kids taking to them everywhere even though the children are too young to be vaxxed. 

As for the marriage thing, I think Lori knows someone who got divorced (or thinking about it?) and cited/citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce. 

• Upvote 5

@HoneyBunny Yes exactly. Sangry !  She is urging, no she's commanding, young women to marry without love, without attraction. She thinks this is normal, that this is what God commands. She almost but not quite goes so far to say if love is part of why you marry it's a sin. Because love is a commitment, not a feeling/emotion and feelings are bad, bad, wrong, wrong, very bad, very wrong.

Lori says over and over and over and over she didn't love Ken when they were married. She says this publicly. That she picked him because he was a good, godly man who would be a good father. He checked all the boxes. She supposedly loves him now because she's in a committed marriage for 40 years. I know several couples married for years and years that don't love each other but don't divorce,

It's not often I feel sorry for Ken because he chooses to remain married to Lori when he could have/ wanted to leave her.  I can't imagine how he feels as she loudly proclaims she married him without love because he checked the boxes.

I see absolutely nothing from her now that shows she loves him. She loves the big house, the money ($14/lb on organic butter, etc.), the previous nanny and housekeeper, the current housekeeper, the weeks and weeks vacation in Door County. I've yet to see her do or say anything that shows she loves Ken for himself, except the proclamation that love is a commitment to stay married and she's still married.

I believe in Lori's world her commitment is to hang on to the Ken gravy train. The only love in her world is love of herself and her own comfort.  She can fake it/ mimic it/ pretend it/ act it/ say it/ convince other people of it, but she can't feel it. Has never felt it.  It would be sad except this is Lori and I have no sad effs to give about her.

P.S. Does her use of fornicate/fornication drive anyone else up the wall? 

She can't just say 2 guys in HS wanted to have sex with her (well duh, HS boys).  Oh no. she has to say "in high school 2 handsome guys wanted to fornicate with me."  Note how she makes sure we know hot guys wanted to "fornicate" with her. In fact all her stories of guys who wanted to "fornicate" her stress they were hot/handsome guys.

I continue to maintain (based on intuition) Lori did everything (Every. Thing.) but PiV,  That's why she says she was a technical virgin. I knew too many good Christian girls in HS just like her.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Not everyone enjoys being around children, and that's okay. A lot of churches (fundie, "mainstream" and everything in between) demonize people and particularly women who don't love being around children and don't want to deal with them.

When I was 19, I did not want a baby at the time. I didn't even enjoy being around babies and both my social circles and religion (Catholicism) tried to make me feel like a freak. I'm sure Lori would have a lot to say about it.

I like children enough that I'm sick about the way adults are behaving during the Pandemic. Whining about having to wear a mask and children having to wear masks even though it protects them from a deadly disease. A lot of my vaxxed friends are taking too many risks imo with their kids taking to them everywhere even though the children are too young to be vaxxed. 

As for the marriage thing, I think Lori knows someone who got divorced (or thinking about it?) and cited/citing "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce. 

If you don’t want to be around children that’s fine. I didn’t say you had to. I’m just saying that I don’t think people have to learn to love the children in their lives. Most people have a natural capacity for loving others especially family and those they are close to. It’s not something that typically requires someone teaching you. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 5

She's been on a rant about marriage again, hasn't she? She seems to be of the idea that a generic tab A and slot B can make a relationship work. What's this bullshit about not being in love when you get married? Yes, love is an emotion, but it's also an action. It is entirely possible to have both existing side by side. Yes, marriage vows say "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health until death do you part". Guess what...that butterflies in the stomach feeling can exist side by side with the action. Even during the really shitty parts of life, you can look at your spouse and think "let's get busy". We won't discuss the conversations we had while cuddling in a hospital bed in Tucson. 

David and I were BEST FRIENDS before anything else. Honestly, most of the time there was no one else on earth I wanted to hang out with...and there was definitely no one else I wanted to knock boots with...even those times I wanted to strangle him because he was being particularly asshole-ish. I'm sure there were just as many times that he wanted to strangle me for being an asshole. Yes, the last thing he said to me was "I love you". I can't convey to you the effort it took him to get those words out, then there was that last magic kiss. 

I used to feel sorry for Lori, that she'd never experience real love. However, now I see a cold, calculating, mean bitch who can't think of anything beyond the end of her own nose, and wants to infect young women with her illness.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

16 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Yes exactly. Sangry !  She is urging, no she's commanding, young women to marry without love, without attraction. She thinks this is normal, that this is what God commands. She almost but not quite goes so far to say if love is part of why you marry it's a sin

agreed....and she's back at it again today.   with her logic, why not just marry the mailman who is dependable and shows up on time mostly.  and the funny thing is...she posts this nonsense along with stock photos that show a couple (presumably in love) embracing and hugging.  Sangry, too. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

agreed....and she's back at it again today.   with her logic, why not just marry the mailman who is dependable and shows up on time mostly.  and the funny thing is...she posts this nonsense along with stock photos that show a couple (presumably in love) embracing and hugging.  Sangry, too. 

Either someone she knows is getting a divorce or her marriage is in the toilet and Kenny-boy finally figured out he married a sociopath. She needs to shut the fuck up. 

• Upvote 7

19 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

During my pre-marriage counseling, my Episcopalian priest said that the husband and wife who were(and still are)our organist and choir director were childless, and that they were just as much a family as a couple with kids.

• Upvote 11

14 hours ago, feministxtian said:

She's been on a rant about marriage again, hasn't she? She seems to be of the idea that a generic tab A and slot B can make a relationship work. What's this bullshit about not being in love when you get married? Yes, love is an emotion, but it's also an action. It is entirely possible to have both existing side by side. Yes, marriage vows say "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health until death do you part". Guess what...that butterflies in the stomach feeling can exist side by side with the action. Even during the really shitty parts of life, you can look at your spouse and think "let's get busy". We won't discuss the conversations we had while cuddling in a hospital bed in Tucson. 

David and I were BEST FRIENDS before anything else. Honestly, most of the time there was no one else on earth I wanted to hang out with...and there was definitely no one else I wanted to knock boots with...even those times I wanted to strangle him because he was being particularly asshole-ish. I'm sure there were just as many times that he wanted to strangle me for being an asshole. Yes, the last thing he said to me was "I love you". I can't convey to you the effort it took him to get those words out, then there was that last magic kiss. 

I used to feel sorry for Lori, that she'd never experience real love. However, now I see a cold, calculating, mean bitch who can't think of anything beyond the end of her own nose, and wants to infect young women with her illness.

They really do believe that any male person can marry any female person and have a happy marriage. When I worked at the Christian school, a lot of chapel speakers preached about marriage (they were brought in from local churches). In retrospect, pastors preaching incessantly to high schoolers about marriage is bizarre… Anyway, the theme of those sermons was often that there’s no such thing as compatibility. If both spouses follow the appropriate gender roles and both are virgins at the wedding, any two people can have a magically happy marriage. As long as they’re both the right kind of Christians. I always found it so strange and could never make it make sense. At the same time, thee was a lot of rhetoric about how if the boys were godly enough, God would give them a “hot wife”. Girls weren’t supposed to care about attraction. 

• Upvote 5

Haven't any of these people read Song of Solomon? Yowza! That's ALL about attraction, hot sex and love. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic