IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s

6 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

So much to unpack here I don't even know where to start. I wonder what Lori would say about this family. (30 yo Dad -- anti-masker-- possibly dying of COVID, 4 little kids, another on the way, mom has no jobs or skills and must start a go fund me to pay her basic bills.   I feel bad for this family....but there is NOTHING wrong with planning for the "what-ifs" (which I also include vaccinations...."what if I get COVID and die and leave my family to fend without me??")

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-anti-mask-freedom-rally-045722778.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&tsrc=twtr

She would say that churches and family take care of widows and orphans and leave it at that.  She might add an "if you want to argue, argue with God."  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Or “Ask God to help you find a way to make money from home.”

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Today is Lori's birthday --she posted about it. She said she is expecting grandchildren #13 and #14. I think someone mentioned that Steven and Emily were expecting.  Who else is pregnant?  Cassi again?   She did have a tweet today or yesterday that said people look down on women when they announce their fourth or more pregnancies.  

Which granddaughter is going to kindergarten?  I'm guessing one of Emily's because she has posted in the past about sending her kids to school. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Lori posted today is her birthday  -- so of course all her leghumpers sent birthday wishes telling her what a wonderful helpful Christian lady she was. Such a mentor (you betcha).

Ever the martyr she reminded us that she's had plenty of pain and suffering in her 63 years from her brain tumor (looks way older IMHO) , Did you all know she nearly died several times from her (benign) brain tumor?  Well ... if you forgot or didn't know she helpfully reminds us.

"I almost died at 45 years old from a brain tumor that causes sodium wasting disease"

"Sodium wasting disease" caused by a brain tumor?   Lori has never mentioned this before. A quick Google search reveals this:

" Cerebral salt wasting (CSW) is a syndrome of hypovolemic hyponatremia caused by natriuresis and diuresis. The mechanisms underlying CSW have not been precisely delineated, although existing evidence strongly implicates abnormal elevations in circulating natriuretic peptides."

"CSW is a process of extracellular volume depletion due to a tubular defect in sodium transport. Two postulated mechanisms for CSW are the excess secretion of natriuretic peptides and the loss of sympathetic stimulation to the kidney."

"Cerebral salt wasting (CSW) is another potential cause of hyponatremia in those with CNS disease, particularly patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage. CSW is characterized by hyponatremia and extracellular fluid depletion due to inappropriate sodium wasting in the urine."

Wikipedia offers more:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_salt-wasting_syndrome 

It seems to be a "rare endocrine condition featuring a low blood sodium concentration and dehydration in response to injury (trauma) or the presence of tumors in or surrounding the brain."  Then this "While CSWS usually appears within the first week after brain injury and spontaneously resolves in 2–4 weeks, it can sometimes last for months or years." 

Although most probably not the 25 years Lori was so, so, so, so sick lying on the sofa.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

But was she actually dx'd with CSW or did she go in for blood work incident to her treatment and was told that her sodium was low?  Either way you'd think after all that she'd be just the teensiest bit grateful for her health and her affluent lifestyle not to mention 4 healthy children but I guess that never occurred to her.  Why can't she live her life and be happy?  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Anyone else having a problem seeing Lori's blog?  My anti-virus software blocks it -- something about an expired / incorrect certificate.  I can see her FB page just fine.

19 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Anyone else having a problem seeing Lori's blog?  My anti-virus software blocks it -- something about an expired / incorrect certificate.  I can see her FB page just fine.

Unfortunately, the blog is working fine for me. I say 'unfortunately' because I'd love to see it disappear for good. Especially when she posts the kind of drivel she posted today, a rambling diatribe on 'utopitarianism' by Michael Pearl. Just for funsies, here's the opening paragraph:

The utopitarians are trying to establish what God has already promised to institute, a kingdom of peace and happiness in a paradise where all share in the bounty of a renewed earth. They, too, want that kingdom, but since there is no god to determine man’s destiny, it is up to them to institute this kingdom. They abort babies to prevent increased population from placing further stress on an already overtaxed planet. They must purge society of any religion that looks to the sweet by and by, for it prevents men from getting serious about the here and now. They are anti-American because the United States supports a divided world where American exceptionalism prevents us from entering into commune with the have-nots of the third world. They must save every butterfly and lizard nearing extinction because they don’t have a God that will create more.

Is utopitarianism even a word? 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

Hmmm.... "entering into commune with the have-nots of the third world."  Gee Lori, I'm so sorry the third world is busy starving to death and hasn't embraced orthodonture yet.  If it had, a robust market for orthodontic practice management would have developed and there could be more women like you - disaffected,selfish, useless, and lacking in any marketable skill.  And as to Michael Pearl:  even those third world people you denigrate know enough not to get off on whipping their babies with plastic line.  

Edited by cindyluvs24
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Isn't/wasn't at least one of his daughters married to a man who refuses/refused to work because he wanted to read the bible all day?  And last we heard they were basically squatters living on, I think, government land?   No water, no electricity?

American exceptionalism? Have-nots of the third world?  Sure Mikey, sure.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, kpmom said:

Isn't/wasn't at least one of his daughters married to a man who refuses/refused to work because he wanted to read the bible all day?  And last we heard they were basically squatters living on, I think, government land?   No water, no electricity?

Yes, Michael Pearl’s daughter Rebekah Anast ist married to a guy who doesn’t  seem to support her and their children at all. 

• Upvote 7

I just really can't with all of her anti-vax lies on various platforms this week. And her "scientific" polls (IG stories) "Would you still take the vaccine if it were proved to cause infertility?"  And perpetuating the lie that the vaccines haven't been/passed animal testing. FALSE

More of the usual, "we don't know what's in it" and the president is a "godless tyrant" while the other guy's "only" fault was  his "mean tweets." AS IF!!

BUT yet, she and Ken argued with folks left and right (on Ken's FB page) that Ivermectin was a perfectly fine and safe drug to treat COVID (based on anecedotes) EVEN THOUGH I WANT TO ASK: Do you even know what's in it????!!

I'm so sick of all the talk about freedom and mandates.  Guess what? If you want to drive a car you are MANDATED  to get a license and insurance. Want to buy a house and get a mortgage?  You are MANDATED to hand over all of your financial information, social security # etc and have homeowners insurance. Want to get a job? You are MANDATED to show up on time (not to mention hand over your SS# for payroll purposes).  Want to travel to a foreign country? You are MANDATED to have a passport. Want to enroll your child in school? Most schools MANDATE a whole host of vaccinations. Why do you think polio doesn't exist anymore?? Want to buy a bottle of wine? You are MANDATED to be 21 (here is the US) and show ID when purchasing it. 

There are a million "mandates" we live with everyday because that is what you do in a society for the common good. Taking a COVID-19 vaccination is safe and effective for MOST PEOPLE and is NOT an infringement on your rights. Freedom doesn't mean doing whatever the hell you want to do whenever you want to do it.  Most of those who are getting severely ill and dying are unvaccinated. How many conservative radio talk show hosts have to die of COVID-19 (many so far) before you all take this seriously (Lori and her ilk!)

Yes, I work in a hospital (in an administrative/support service role). I AM SO SICK of the DEATH and ILLNESS and so are our dedicated nurses, doctors and support staff.   I find this stance (Lori and others) reprehensible.  I'm sorry I'm so passionate but I've seen the face of COVID up close and it is not pretty. I've personal known 6 people who have died from it and only one could be considered frail/at risk to begin with.  

I am sick of this. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

On 9/10/2021 at 6:30 AM, kpmom said:

For a second I thought you were talking about one of Lori's daughters! 😂 It gave me a good chuckle to think of Alyssa and her Instagram-perfect life not having electricity to cook her all organic meals.

• Haha 5

Lori's got help again.

We have a young woman (29) staying with us for three months. She helps with the grandchildren. She loves children! She cleans my kitchen and shops for me. She's kind and generous. Doesn't allow her moods to control her. All she wants is to be married and have  children. She's beautiful too!

I don't know what to make of this. It sounds like she's hired a live-in housekeeper (why? Is Lori's health worsening, does she really need the help now?), but this tweet reads almost like an ad for a potential arranged marriage. I'm so confused! 🤪

• I Agree 9

23 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Lori's got help again.

I don't know what to make of this. It sounds like she's hired a live-in housekeeper (why? Is Lori's health worsening, does she really need the help now?), but this tweet reads almost like an ad for a potential arranged marriage. I'm so confused! 🤪

Maybe it’s an immigration thing.  As insecure as Lori is I’m surprised she thinks this is a good idea.  Maybe the young woman is under her Titus 2 tutelage.

• Upvote 5

On 9/10/2021 at 11:32 AM, SongRed7 said:

There are a million "mandates" we live with everyday because that is what you do in a society for the common good. Taking a COVID-19 vaccination is safe and effective for MOST PEOPLE and is NOT an infringement on your rights. Freedom doesn't mean doing whatever the hell you want to do whenever you want to do it.  Most of those who are getting severely ill and dying are unvaccinated. How many conservative radio talk show hosts have to die of COVID-19 (many so far) before you all take this seriously (Lori and her ilk!)

I've attempted to have that conversation with anti-vaxxers. They always have some bullshit excuse to deflect the truth. They have excuse after excuse to not get the COVID 19 vax. I am sick to death of nothing but COVID in the news, the deaths, the stupidity, day after day after day. Its been 18 months since the first big shut down. Roughly 700k people have died, not counting the babies that were stillborn b/c mama had COVID. It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to stay safe, vax, handwashing, stay the fuck home when possible, mask in public. I mean, maybe as a happy hermit, the restrictions don't bother me, but I fail to see the reason to purposely endanger other people...especially when you climb on your "pro-life" platform. These idiots are proving the lie of their "pro-life" stance. In the top 10, it says "thou shalt not kill". What the fuck do these idiots think they're doing by spreading the virus and letting it mutate and spread again? They're fucking killing people. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Loveday said:

It sounds like she's hired a live-in housekeeper (why? Is Lori's health worsening, does she really need the help now?), but

Sounds like an indentured servant.  "And she's really really happy serving me"  SMH

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

If the girl was younger I'd guess she was an exchange student. Through a close friend I was at one time acquainted with a couple (as crazy fundie-gelical as Lori) who always had girl exchange students they used as indentured servants -- cook, clean, laundry, child care, house repairs, yard work, etc.. The girls were barely allowed to attend school they had so much work to do at home. 

This godly Christian couple did this for probably 10-11 years. Right up to the time they shipped their 14-year old daughter off (for being disobedient) to some horrible Christian school (more like a prison I think) in IL or IN. Six months later they took a trip with their 12-year old son to visit his sister.  Pulled up at the school, were meet by the school officials, took his luggage out of the car. Told the boy he too was going to the school for being disobedient and drove away. This "school" literally had custody of both children until they were 18.

They proudly told my friend this story was it showed what loving godly parents they were to do this to set the children on the right path.

Did I mention that both of the children were adopted very young out of foster care. That the parents were the spare the rod spoil the child/ beat the devil and sin out type.  The children weren't allowed friends (bad influences) although interestingly they went to public school. Did mention that the children did not visit home the entire time they were at the school.  As far as I know the parents didn't visit them. Last I heard via my friend (this was years ago) neither of the children have had any contact with the parents after leaving the "school." The parents were not disturbed by this as it proved how disobedient and sinful the children were and validated the parents were right in throwing them out sending them off to school.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Sad 11
  • WTF 1

Lori wrote: We have a young woman (29) staying with us for three months. She helps with the grandchildren. She loves children! She cleans my kitchen and shops for me. She's kind and generous. Doesn't allow her moods to control her. All she wants is to be married and have  children. She's beautiful too!

i don't know where Lori posted this, but I will respond. There is so much puzzling about this. Why is this woman (I don't necessarily consider 29 "young") not working or in school? Why does Lori need help with the grands? Did she commit to watching them on a regular basis? How does Lori know that this woman "doesn't allow her moods to control her"? Most of all, I wonder how creepy Ken is acting around a "beautiful" 29 year old in his home??? Years ago, he posted how the assistants in the ortho offices he visited talked to him about their marriages, feelings, etc. I wondered then if he perhaps guided the conversations in ways that were not helpful or necessary so that he could hear juicy details. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I think Lori and Ken are both pervs and I hope that woman has her eyes open at all times to see what shitty humans they are.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Celtic Roots said:

Most of all, I wonder how creepy Ken is acting around a "beautiful" 29 year old in his home??? Years ago, he posted how the assistants in the ortho offices he visited talked to him about their marriages, feelings, etc. I wondered then if he perhaps guided the conversations in ways that were not helpful or necessary so that he could hear juicy details. 

Isn't it funny, as soon as I read about Lori and Ken having this beautiful young woman living with them I thought of all those movies about hubby and beautiful nanny/housekeeper getting together and scheming to get rid of the wife.

You just know Ken is bringing her m&m's by the pound.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

I'm really shocked she talked about 'helping with the grandkids' because - I mean - isn't that their mom's job? Why does she have them so often she needs help?  I'm confused.   But then this is Lori - do as I say, not as I do.  And are they actually paying this woman to work there?  She was very vague on that. I certainly hope so.   Are they back from their vacation? I guess it is mid Sept, they should be.    Also wondering how her health actually is now - is she declining?  She needs to quit lecturing women on how bad and wrong and evil they are and just tell us.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Today she tells us she slept most of yesterday because she had a terrible headache and a fever. When she felt slightly better she watched a movie - about a feminist who messed up her life and then entered into an arranged marriage.  She seemed to love it.

There was zero zip nada mention of cleaning or cooking delicious nutritious meals for her family, I guess the beautiful 29 year old woman did that  -- when she wasn't taking care of the grandchildren.

Hmmm .... a fever and a terrible headache.  I don't know all the COVID symptoms, but wouldn't it be karmic if proudly un-vaxxed, never masked Lori had been in contact with the virus?

I am not (and would not) in any way, shape, or form wishing COVID on her, but statistically it is the un-vaxxed, unmasked who get the virus.

• Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Hmmm .... a fever and a terrible headache.  I don't know all the COVID symptoms, but wouldn't it be karmic if proudly un-vaxxed, never masked Lori had been in contact with the virus?

I am not (and would not) in any way, shape, or form wishing COVID on her, but statistically it is the un-vaxxed, unmasked who get the virus.

Those are delta symptoms, I'm sure. 

And if she gets Covid, she asked for it. Play stupid games, get stupid prizes.

And I'm not surprised she's got someone there to take care of the house and help care for the grandchildren. She had both a nanny and a housekeeper when her kids were young. 

Or maybe Ken got tired of her wiping down the kitchen counters with salmonella-infused Norwex cloths and making slimy salads for every meal and he's the reason this woman has come in to actually do the "homemaking" work that Lori deliberately does as badly as possible. 

Remember this is a woman who sabotaged her birth control in order to get out of having to work. It'd be nothing for her to pretend to clean while leaving the house as nasty as possible if she thought it would get Ken to spring for a housekeeper again. She only pretends to be a submissive wife, she's really a passive-aggressive psycho who always gets her way.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

What I'm waiting for is, if she DOES have Covid, will she actually admit it? Or will she just blow it off as a mild sort of flu-like illness or a bad cold? :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic