IGNORED

Lori Alexander 79: False Female Bible Teachers Elevate Jesus’ Words over the Apostle Paul’s

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Where in this country do teachers outnumber students??? What are you smoking to think that’s true? 
The problem in our schools is that curriculum isn’t made by educators and data is more important than learning. 

I was speaking figuratively, I apologize if that wasn't clear. I meant in the sense of the country as being like a school - the undereducated are outnumbered by the well-educated, yet they have an oversize impact in government. 

To put it bluntly - the Republicans as Trump has famously said "love the undereducated". And they either exploit them (McConnell, for example) or ARE them (Boebert, MTG, Trump himself). Thus the teachers (intelligent leaders - both Democrat and Republican) outnumbering the children (undereducated and uninformed voters), yet the undereducated having outsize influence on government.

I absolutely agree that in the sense of actual education of children, educators know best and should be encouraged and empowered, and that learning (and more importantly, HOW to learn) should be emphasized. And teachers should be paid far better than they are, too!

I was thinking less in terms of children's education, and more in terms of Lori, and how culturally there is a vocal section of society who consider education "elitist" and are suspicious of science, medicine, history that's honestly presented, etc. They are the children, and they had one of them in the White House for 4 years! 

• Upvote 5

On 5/16/2021 at 11:36 PM, Sarah92 said:

I’m wondering when companies will start offering her brand deals now that she’s so famous. I wonder what she’d promote? Diet teas? Modest swimwear? Probably essential oils. 

The NRA? Fellowship of Redpillers? Door County Hospice for long-distance caretaking?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

The NRA? Fellowship of Redpillers? Door County Hospice for long-distance caretaking?

This one wins. :clap:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Does anybody know what scripture these people use to prove that “men are visual creatures”. They all seem to say this as an excuse to shame women.  I was taught this as a young wife and I never knew where it came from because, of course, nobody ever bothered with details like that. 

Maybe where Jesus said to pluck your eye out if you lust. I feel like there was a “study “ done, at least a biased one, that indicated that men thought about sex more or something 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I’m dying here. ?

• I Agree 5

On 5/16/2021 at 11:36 PM, Sarah92 said:

I’m wondering when companies will start offering her brand deals now that she’s so famous. I wonder what she’d promote? Diet teas? Modest swimwear? Probably essential oils. 

Pfeiser/Moderna/J&J?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

It has been awhile since I’ve looked at Lori’s page. When did she disable comments on her blog? 

Not that long ago. A month at the most, I think. Maybe another commenter will recall in more detail. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fluffy said:

Not that long ago. A month at the most, I think. Maybe another commenter will recall in more detail. 

Yeah, not more than a couple months back, if that. Six weeks, maybe? 

But she hasn't disabled comments on Facebook, and this morning's post, "Why is there SO much vitriol against what I teach?"  contains a doozy or two. First one is by a man called Dustin:

Although most don’t know how to describe their feelings, deep down I think some people feel bad that you’re tied up in all this. They understand that once you get wound up in spouting something as true with such a high level of commitment you can force yourself into a corner that’s embarrassing to admit fault in. And I know it can be so enveloping that you don’t even realize you’ve committed to something you haven’t verified but my advice would be to really ask yourself why people act negatively toward your posts. Maybe there’s something to it, maybe most people are generally good and care about truth and they show it in all their weird little ways. Maybe they’re subject to the whim of their experience as you are. Maybe it’s worth it to contemplate why people react negatively to your posts without demonizing them, assume they might possibly know something that you don’t. You’d be a better listener for it, I know I am when I have my head on right and I’m actively following this advice.

-With love,

from one human being to another.

He's a lot nicer than I'd be. And a WHOLE lot nicer than Janni, whose comment came next:

Because your husband cheated on you with one of his co-workers and it's so obvious and transparent that you're furious with any woman who could potentially seduce your husband in your mind. That's also why you want women to stay at home and not work. You're weaponizing Scripture to make your personal vendetta more digestible and justifiable, but the basis of all your social platforming has always been seething rage toward young, attractive women, and anyone with half a brain can see that.

Anger is a powerful emotion that has fueled more consequential platforms than your Facebook page. The Biblical justification is just convenient and you're disingenuous to your core.

And Sarah's was short and to the point:

There's vitriol towards your teachings because your teachings are full of hatred.

All three comments are gone now, of course. ?  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Loveday said:

Because your husband cheated on you with one of his co-workers and it's so obvious and transparent that you're furious with any woman who could potentially seduce your husband in your mind.

Not saying this is true, not saying it happened..... but.......

There was that time when Ken wanted to divorce Lori and she completely flipped out at losing her meal ticket/ bank account and decided to be nicer and give him 5-10 minutes with lube 2 twice a week.

People don't want a divorce for no reason at all..  People don't decide to divorce for no reason. Ken had a reason, possibly a lot of reasons that built up until he couldn't stand it any more.  I do not condone infidelity at all... ever ....  but in Ken's case I could understand it.

Lori admits she was awful to him their entire marriage, Maybe the guy was looking for someone to be nice to him, some one who wasn't everlastingly lying on the sofa complaining about being so so so so sick. Maybe when Lori decided to be a little nicer he confessed a dalliance. Maybe he promised to never stray if she promised to not be a witch.

All this is pure speculation , but I do wonder why he wanted a divorce and then changed his mind.  As far as I can see (based on what Ken has said here and how Lori behaves on FB/blog) she doesn't seem to have changed. She's just faking it with a sugar coating of fake Christian submission while being the same witch she ever was.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

6 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not saying this is true, not saying it happened..... but.......

There was that time when Ken wanted to divorce Lori and she completely flipped out at losing her meal ticket/ bank account and decided to be nicer and give him 5-10 minutes with lube 2 twice a week.

People don't want a divorce for no reason at all..  People don't decide to divorce for no reason. Ken had a reason, possibly a lot of reasons that built up until he couldn't stand it any more.  I do not condone infidelity at all... ever ....  but in Ken's case I could understand it.

Lori admits she was awful to him their entire marriage, Maybe the guy was looking for someone to be nice to him, some one who wasn't everlastingly lying on the sofa complaining about being so so so so sick. Maybe when Lori decided to be a little nicer he confessed a dalliance. Maybe he promised to never stray if she promised to not be a witch.

All this is pure speculation , but I do wonder why he wanted a divorce and then changed his mind.  As far as I can see (based on what Ken has said here and how Lori behaves on FB/blog) she doesn't seem to have changed. She's just faking it with a sugar coating of fake Christian submission while being the same witch she ever was.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, but Lori wasn’t a witch to her husband because she wasn’t submissive or godly enough.  She was one because she wanted to be and she needs to own that. I’m a queer liberal feminist who regularly struggles to believe God even exists but I’m still a kind person.  I take the Fruits of the Spirit seriously and believe humans deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. 

• Upvote 12

On 5/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, Cults-r-us said:

Hygiene tips, especially using wipings from the grilled cheese pan for hand cream.

Very Handmaid's Tale there- the book, not the tv series (as far as I know, as I haven't seen it yet). The Handmaids save the butter for lotion.

• Upvote 8

Loveday, great screen grabs. Thank you!

And speaking of lying liars who lie (because we always are, when it comes to LazyLori)…I would bet my house that this NEVER happened. We heard another similar story about something Lori was asked to teach (or something like that) when she was a teacher. Ken had to step in then, too.  No wonder he wanted out. This woman is batshit crazy. 

D3FA4300-BF34-4429-9F38-0F7619A5AAF2.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

Going back to the term reticule,  I first heard it on The Beverly Hillbiillies almost 60 years ago.  Granny referred to her little cloth handbag as a reticule.  And the term did refer to the fact that the original ones were knitted or crocheted.  If we have an in-person JASNA (Jane Austen Society of North America) Louisville Festival this summer many of the women will be carrying reticules.  I need to find some patterns and knit a couple.  

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Loveday, great screen grabs. Thank you!

And speaking of lying liars who lie (because we always are, when it comes to LazyLori)…I would bet my house that this NEVER happened. We heard another similar story about something Lori was asked to teach (or something like that) when she was a teacher. Ken had to step in then, too.  No wonder he wanted out. This woman is batshit crazy. 

D3FA4300-BF34-4429-9F38-0F7619A5AAF2.png

This story just kills me. If it happened--IF!--I can't believe a professor would just say, 'write a paper on gay sex in bathrooms.' It had to be something else, and Lori twisted it into that. And if Ken called the professor, I'll eat some of Lori's slime salad. Just another example of how Lori turns anything and everything into fuel to feed the fire of her wacky agenda.?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, Loveday said:

This story just kills me. If it happened--IF!--I can't believe a professor would just say, 'write a paper on gay sex in bathrooms.' It had to be something else, and Lori twisted it into that. And if Ken called the professor, I'll eat some of Lori's slime salad. Just another example of how Lori turns anything and everything into fuel to feed the fire of her wacky agenda.?

I got an assigned research topic in college exactly once. Typically students choose their own topics within certain parameters of the class content. 
And in what introductory class that a first year student would be in would address that topic? What was she allegedly majoring in? 
Or to summarize in shorter form: Stop making up bullshit, Lori. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

"gay sex in the bathroom"? An assigned topic? Let's see if I remember my college English classes. Comp 1 would have writing prompts but they were usually very general like "compare and contrast 2 different things". Tech writing got a little more specific. In other classes (not English), I was given topics to write on, but again, they were very general and it was up to the student to narrow it down. I can't think of any first year class where "gay sex in the bathroom" would be handed out as a topic. 

So...I'll take "Things that Never Happened" for 1000.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I remember Lori  writing about this when it happened. I believe it was a sociology class and I'm sure some nuance is being left out, but the most interesting part of this anecdote is that the only reason Casi was at the Cal State near them is because her parents made her leave Biola (which both of her brothers graduated from) because the tuition was not worth it for a daughter. According to Lori, Casi loved it there but wasn't allowed to stay. 

• Upvote 11

The only time I remember being assigned a particular research topic in college was when I took a class on campaign persuasion where you were given a specific campaign you had to follow during the class. Because of this type of class, it was only offered during election years in the fall semester. This was also a junior/senior level class, so it's not something freshmen students would have been allowed to register for in the first place.

Lori is just making more stuff up as she goes on, since in most college classes, the students get to decide what to research for a paper.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 7

The fact that Ken supposedly stepped in about the (alleged) term paper assignment is what gets me. Cassie would have been...nineteen or twenty?...and her daddy was calling her teacher for her?? That point alone shows me that Ken and Lori were not raising their kids to be...you know...actual adults. 

And, like others, I think Lori is leaving a lot of things out of that story. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

22 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

We heard another similar story about something Lori was asked to teach (or something like that) when she was a teacher. Ken had to step in then, too.  No wonder he wanted out. This woman is batshit crazy. 

I remember that.  It was when she was a student teacher and Lori decided the teacher she was working under was a satanist, or a witch, or something like that.  I don't remember how Lori came to that conclusion, but she had Ken call her professor and get her out of that classroom.  Can you imagine getting a call like that?

I think most of us here were pretty sure Lori was hoping Ken would agree to let her drop out and stay home after hearing that outrageous story, but it didn't happen.

That's probably when she came up with the poking a hole in her diaphragm idea.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I remember that.  It was when she was a student teacher and Lori decided the teacher she was working under was a satanist, or a witch, or something like that.  I don't remember how Lori came to that conclusion, but she had Ken call her professor and get her out of that classroom.  Can you imagine getting a call like that?

I think most of us here were pretty sure Lori was hoping Ken would agree to let her drop out and stay home after hearing that outrageous story, but it didn't happen.

That's probably when she came up with the poking a hole in her diaphragm idea.

Well if demons in the classroom won’t convince your husband, disabling your birth control will surely do the trick. 

Women, keep that in mind. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

Gay sex in a public bathroom? What gen Ed class would have that topic?  Even a psych courses in human sexuality probably wouldn’t probably address such a specific topic. I mean what’s there to say about the subject? It happens? Safe sex is important? And I highly doubt a teacher would assign it. What if *gasps* her daughter decided she wanted to write about homosexuality? Ken and Lori perish the thought of their little girl wanting to  learn about gay people. 

Of course Lori is one of those people who probably believes the God’s not dead story line would actually happen so I’m not surprised. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

The fact that Ken supposedly stepped in about the (alleged) term paper assignment is what gets me. Cassie would have been...nineteen or twenty?...and her daddy was calling her teacher for her?? That point alone shows me that Ken and Lori were not raising their kids to be...you know...actual adults. 

And, like others, I think Lori is leaving a lot of things out of that story. 

If I had asked my dad or husband to call a prof and get me out of a class, I think they both would have laughed. There were plenty of assignments I didn't like or didn't want to do but they got done. My western civ class was one that drove me bonkers, I hated it. BUT...it was required so I just sucked it up and took the damn class. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I can remember a few times I had a topic or a general protocol for a paper assigned in college.  (This doesn't include lab write-ups like the one I had in R&A which had to research the effects of pyrogallol on herbivory by crickets.  For that we had to design an experiment, conduct it and then write it up.)  One paper I had to write for spring quarter frosh honors English had to be on a novel by Flannery O' Conner. I had to be our own exposition and we were forbidden to use outside sources.  I did not know that Miss O'Conner was Catholic or that the prof had been a dear friend of hers.  The second time was in my second quarter of Classics when the prof assigned the a paper on Why Rome Rose.  That paper was actually fun to write and I did well on it.  I did have to write a paper in my Human Origins class and another for archaeology which resembled the one I had to do in R&A as it had to do with a paleo-Indian site.  

Btw, when our lab group did our cricket experiment, I turned out to be the cricket wrangler. I found out that it was a lot easier to handle the crickets if you wore latex gloves when you handled pit the crickets in the petri dishes.    We got our crickets from Bo-Nat's 7 to 11 where Furman kids got beer, snacks, and fishing crickets

• Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic