IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 31: Charged on 2 LaCounts

Destiny

Yeah I dunno either.  Who knows? I can't imagine JB paying anybody for anything. Everyone should just be "neighborly" and take in his evil spawn. God will reward them in someway, somehow, someday. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 2

24 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

If that was Mrs. Reber on the 911 call (seriously, an emergency line?  Does no one use police non-emergency numbers any longer?) she does not sound like a shrinking violet helpmeet.  She sounded pissed off and thoroughly irritated by the small media presence.  Which strangely makes me smile and sort of want to be a fly on the wall there.  The Rebers may need some rebar marriage counseling by the time this is over

What 911 call?  Do you have a link?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What 911 call?  Do you have a link?

WOACB obtained it through a FOIL request, along with the police incident report which mentions Joshy.  Posted today, "Full 911 Audio".   

She has her uses at times. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

I don't know the intricacies of the law that well but I didn't think JB was allowed to compensate the Rebers in any way.  (I may be very wrong about this.)  If he's not allowed compensate the Rebers then wouldn't it be illegal for him to build a fence on their property?  The judge made sure that they knew what they were getting themselves into when the agreed to house Josh so "safety concerns" doesn't seem like an excuse that the court would accept for a free fence.

I was going to make a joke about how he's building a fence and will make the Rebers pay for it.  But given that consideration it's a bit less of a joke that I'd anticipated.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Two years ago a former dickish nerd turned bodybuilder with a massive chip on his massive shoulder got a date with the hot cheerleader from our high school (all of us have been out of high school for over a decade). She got pregnant on their second date and they married three months later. She already had three kids and two ex husbands and he had his (weird social media influencer/pyramid scheme) business on the other side of the country. There were photos of the Lexus he bought her as an engagement gift. Photos in bed clearly post-copulation. We were all treated to regular posts preaching to all of us about how to "have the courage to experience real love" and "lean in to life." They even had a special hashtag about it. (:Oops!:

I know divorce is always sad when kids are involved, but I'm not going to lie and say I didn't eat some popcorn when their divorce was announced about a year in.

Just by reading your description of that couple I feel like I'd like to join you. I'll bring some caramel popcorn.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Ah well what did they (the stupid husband)expect when they housed a public interest pedo in their house. 
what the fuck does jb have over this guy to make him do this?  
Makes me think that the husband has some big skeletons in his closet. No one is that nice of a Christian. 

• Upvote 23

JB would make the brothers build it for Josh....Is that going to fly?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5

Strange how Maria Reber wouldn’t say why the reporter was asking for comment, or mention Josh on the 911 call. Did she think she would be treated less well by the police, once it was clear housing a paedophile was the root of her problem? 

• Upvote 15

I wonder how Josh manages to leave the Reber's property without being harassed or photographed; e.g., to see his lawyer(s), get medical care, or for any other reason permissible by the court.

• Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder how Josh manages to leave the Reber's property without being harassed or photographed; e.g., to see his lawyer(s), get medical care, or for any other reason permissible by the court.

Guessing the "Plandemic" has its perks. Doubt he needs medical care and then lawyers can be dealt with via Zoom.

I would also assume that the paparazzi that exist in NWA are basically there for scandals at Walmart HQ, UA, and then maybe the Duggars on the side.

With Josh specifically... Does the general public really care about yet another fundamentalist pedophile? Because aside from that, Josh is just your stereotypical creepy loser that ran a sketchy car lot. He's not nearly as interesting aesthetically as say Warren Jeffs, because it's not like Anna is trekking all seven kids over in prairie dresses.

• Upvote 16

5 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Yeah I dunno either.  Who knows? I can't imagine JB paying anybody for anything. Everyone should just be "neighborly" and take in his evil spawn. God will reward them in someway, somehow, someday. 

Agreed -JB  is cheap and entitled. We have seen over the years there are plenty of Duggar apologists around, either people who are determined to preserve the warped patriarchal cult of ‘Christianity’ so will ignore the crimes being committed or those who are desperate to board the Duggar gravy train.

I think the Rebers son is one of the founders of the ‘Freedomist’ movement. Most of them are young right wing college graduates who try and use political science arguments to support Trump. Yet last year they had Joy and Austin as ‘special guests’ - people with a sub par education who can barely string two words together except ‘guns, religious freedom and babies’.

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 1

I have been thinking about Anna and the level of trauma and abuse she has endured. In those early specials, I always though Josh was treating Anna like a rag doll he could wipe the floor with and that was the part on camera. If these men treat women like objects, at least some treat them as if they are valuable objects. Not so with Josh. I was reminded of this feeling I had when I read about Danica Dillion using the same phrase—rag doll—when referring to how Josh treate her. I think Josh would treat all women the same if could get away with it.

i blame Anna’s parents. They should never trapped her like this.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I think the Rebers son is one of the founders of the ‘Freedomist’ movement. Most of them are young right wing college graduates who try and use political science arguments to support Trump.

Thanks for this! Just checked out the Freedomist web site.  Shallow,  predictable right, maybe alt-right slant with a propaganda tinge.  

At least they don't seem to be into Q wing-nut conspiracy crap. 

They are big on joining, pledging and donating though. Really big! 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Whipple said:

I have been thinking about Anna and the level of trauma and abuse she has endured. In those early specials, I always though Josh was treating Anna like a rag doll he could wipe the floor with and that was the part on camera. If these men treat women like objects, at least some treat them as if they are valuable objects. Not so with Josh. I was reminded of this feeling I had when I read about Danica Dillion using the same phrase—rag doll—when referring to how Josh treate her. I think Josh would treat all women the same if could get away with it.

i blame Anna’s parents. They should never trapped her like this.

Anna had a shitty upbringing and has a shitty husband, but at what point is she accountable for her own choices?  

I'm a lot more concerned with how Josh treats helpless children.

• Upvote 32
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 4

56 minutes ago, Howl said:

Thanks for this! Just checked out the Freedomist web site.  Shallow,  predictable right, maybe alt-right slant with a propaganda tinge.  

At least they don't seem to be into Q wing-nut conspiracy crap. 

They are big on joining, pledging and donating though. Really big! 

Didn't Austin and Joy do a Youtube with Freedomists? 

• Thank You 6

7 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Strange how Maria Reber wouldn’t say why the reporter was asking for comment, or mention Josh on the 911 call. Did she think she would be treated less well by the police, once it was clear housing a paedophile was the root of her problem? 

I think she may have been worried about violating the judge's strong admonition.  If there's a problem, they're supposed to be calling the probatation officer first.  Granted, the "problem" was the Daily Fail reporter's vehicle near her house, but by mentioning Josh she may have been concerned that she could be breaking this rule in some way.

Poor, poor Mrs. Reber.  Afraid of what's outside her house and almost certainly afraid of what's inside.  Josh Duggar - Continuing to ruin lives even under house arrest. 

• Upvote 18

7 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I think she may have been worried about violating the judge's strong admonition.  If there's a problem, they're supposed to be calling the probatation officer first.  Granted, the "problem" was the Daily Fail reporter's vehicle near her house, but by mentioning Josh she may have been concerned that she could be breaking this rule in some way.

Poor, poor Mrs. Reber.  Afraid of what's outside her house and almost certainly afraid of what's inside.  Josh Duggar - Continuing to ruin lives even under house arrest. 

Or she's ruining her own life by voluntarily waiving her right as an legal adult to not have him in her home.  "I support my husband's decision" got the court to allow him in her home.  "No, I do not want him in my home" would have made it a non-issue as the court wouldn't have ordered her to have him there against her will.

Seriously - cult brainwashing and all that, I get it, but ffs these women need to be responsible for the choices they make as the men do.  To find them less culpable is to infantilize them like the fundies do.

• Upvote 29
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Doubt he needs medical care and then lawyers can be dealt with via Zoom.

If Josh is not allowed to use the internet could he do a Zoom session? I would think HIPPA and attorney-client privilege would prohibit someone from monitoring the Zoom call. I doubt Jim Bob wants the Rebers overhearing conversations with the attorneys. Hopefully Josh could just speak to his attorneys on the phone. If Josh had an in person appointment with his lawyers does Mrs. Reber have to accompany him there, and wait in the waiting room until Josh is done? I'm sure whatever is the most inconvenient for Mrs. Reber is what they'll do. 

• Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

If Josh is not allowed to use the internet could he do a Zoom session? I would think HIPPA and attorney-client privilege would prohibit someone from monitoring the Zoom call. I doubt Jim Bob wants the Rebers overhearing conversations with the attorneys. Hopefully Josh could just speak to his attorneys on the phone. If Josh had an in person appointment with his lawyers does Mrs. Reber have to accompany him there, and wait in the waiting room until Josh is done? I'm sure whatever is the most inconvenient for Mrs. Reber is what they'll do. 

He's allowed to speak to his attorney on the phone.  I'd think most, if not all, of that communication could be done that way.  

6 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Doubt he needs medical care

Yeah - I've seen this come up a bit.  To our knowledge he isn't dealing with any medical issues and healthy people usually go a lot longer than his likely bail time between doctor visits.

If a medical thing comes up they'll take him to ER or urgent care or such - I'm sure they have a process in place for that.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

? A fence to protect Josh. Ugh.  Someone should build a fence around Josh to keep him IN not to keep others out. 

17 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I wonder if JB knows there is a place where the public and media can't get to Josh....it's called lockup and it's an option.

Agreed! That's what I was thinking. The jail is nice and protected. It'd take some effort to get to him there!

7 hours ago, Dandruff said:

He could do the traditional "hide behind a folder" or "jacket over the head" trick to avoid the paparazzi. But I doubt there's a horde of paparazzi out there just waiting to get a glimpse of this incredibly ordinary-looking minor F-list reality TV person. I'm sure there are people out there trying to get a scoop, but he's not getting the varsity squad. F-list celebrity gets D-list paparazzi at best, I think. It's not like he lives in a celebrity enclave where people can camp outside his house but then make a run elsewhere because a better known celeb was spotted at Trader Joe's down the street. 

Plus as other have said, there's little to no reason for him to leave the house. Lawyers have phones and could visit him there, medical care would probably be an emergency thing, etc.

I kind of wonder if this whole fence thing isn't just another attention grab. Like it'd been a few days, trial's not for a while yet, the attention was starting to die down. And if there's one thing JB likes ALMOST as much as money, it's attention. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of media "leak" about Josh every week or two until the trial starts, to keep the anticipation up. JB might not have decided how to cash in on this mess yet, but he knows that he has to keep the Duggar name in people's minds before he can part them from their money somehow. Post-trial interviews, a documentary, a sorrowful book, speaking deal about their "trials"... JB is going to try and make money off this somehow, someway.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, 3_and_counting said:

As for JB, and Michelle.  I can’t say as to what they will do or say.  I imagine they are heartbroken over it.  But who know what they will come out and say in the end.

JB and Michelle are not heartbroken. They are furious. How could anyone accuse their perfect child of such a heinous thing? Besides, it's the children's fault for being born naked.

• Upvote 22
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

JB and Michelle are not heartbroken. They are furious. How could anyone accuse their perfect child of such a heinous thing? Besides, it's the children's fault for being born naked.

All of their IBLP/Jesus shilling as being the "perfect, Godly" way to raise children is coming back to bite them in the ass. Jill and Derick have chosen a different path that includes a child in public schools (the horror!) and their golden boy, first born, proof of concept is looking to hang for something heinous. 

JB is sweating bullets...their "brand" is shot to shit. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic