IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 31: Charged on 2 LaCounts

Destiny

1 hour ago, Marionette said:

They never said they who they took counseling from, but I’ve always wondered if  it were Chris & Anne Hogan. They were/are WELL known in IBLP/ATI circles for being “marriage counselors.” I’m unsure of their educational background and what makes them think they’re qualified to be counselors/life coaches, but obviously it’s cult/Bible counseling and not anything that would actually be useful to Josh nor Anna. 

Chris also temporarily took over for Gothard when the scandal hit back in 2015. 

Check out their bio on Embassy Media ?

Were they the couple that was on the show "counseling" Boob and Meech (separately) some years ago? I think they were in Puerto Rico or somewhere like that. 

• Upvote 3

Most of today's tabloid 'journalism' could be replaced with a quote retweet.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11

I am so relieved to read these stories about people laughing at the worst times. I hate so much that I do it but I can't help it. The first time I remember doing it was when I was around 11 years old and my mom came into my bedroom to tell me that my grandpa (her dad) had died during the night and I started giggling. (she did not appreciate that.....understandably) I still to this day feel terrible about it but I guess it's some kind of nervous thing I do. I'm actually a very empathetic person, I really am so I have no idea why my initial reaction is to giggle when someone dies. 

• Love 33

24 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I am so relieved to read these stories about people laughing at the worst times. I hate so much that I do it but I can't help it. The first time I remember doing it was when I was around 11 years old and my mom came into my bedroom to tell me that my grandpa (her dad) had died during the night and I started giggling. (she did not appreciate that.....understandably) I still to this day feel terrible about it but I guess it's some kind of nervous thing I do. I'm actually a very empathetic person, I really am so I have no idea why my initial reaction is to giggle when someone dies. 

I did a similar thing when my Grandpa died when I was 13.  I had just came home from school with a friend and was asked to join my parents who were in the kitchen with my Aunt and Uncle and they had returned from the hospital not long before I got there.  My mum was the one who told me he had died and I just started laughing, thankfully I was able to bury my head in my mum's shoulder and they all thought I was crying. 

I can imagine that I would have been told off a lot for my reaction if I hadn't managed to hide my laughter. I did feel terrible afterwards and I have mostly managed not to laugh again when I hear bad news but sometimes it just slips out by accident.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 14

8 hours ago, Bethy said:

I remember a blog post by Kristina (the one with the Arby's proposal) from 2014 - she hadn't had her fifth (and seemingly final) kid yet, and she posted a picture of "what grocery shopping looks like" which showed her pushing one cart full of toddlers and pulling another packed solid with food, with the then-baby on her back in a carrier. Seeing that stressed me out. And that was four kids, not seven.

When I had my 4th my kids were 7, 4,2 and infant. I had my 7 yr old push an umbrella stroller w the 2 yr old and I carried infant in a sling, with the 4 yr old in the cart.  When I had #5, my then 9 yr old pushed a cart with the 4 yr old, I pushed one w the 2 yr ok’d and wore the baby in a sling and the 6 yr old walked by my cart 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Were they the couple that was on the show "counseling" Boob and Meech (separately) some years ago? I think they were in Puerto Rico or somewhere like that. 

Yes! I forgot about that episode.

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, louisa05 said:

If any Duggars really believe they’re important enough for a president to be after them, that’s just pitifully arrogant. 

Dear FJ poets - Could one of you take the song "Oh Lord It's Hard to be Humble" (I believe from the show Hee Haw back in the 70s but could be wrong on the source in my mental jukebox) and adapt it to the duggars?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

I forgot that Sabrina had anything to do with that world. I don't watch the show you mentioned and am not super into comics so my Sabrina knowledge ends with Melissa Joan Hart...[emoji849][emoji1787]

I didn’t watch Melissa Sabrina, but I LOVED Chilling Adventures. LOVED IT. It took a bit to get going and some of the stereotypes they used in the first few episodes were a bit offensive but once I saw where they were going with it I loved it.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Dear FJ poets - Could one of you take the song "Oh Lord It's Hard to be Humble" (I believe from the show Hee Haw back in the 70s but could be wrong on the source in my mental jukebox) and adapt it to the duggars?

I love the original. It cracks me up! 

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

Re: laughing at inappropriate times

I have almost been able to control the laughter but sometimes a smile/smirk escapes. One of my girls also has a nervous laughter.

The most inappropriate time was at a friend's funeral. My sister and I worked with 2 sisters and we were all friends (including parents; still are to this day). The older sister died in an awful car accident. My family and her family were together for days after her death. At one of the funeral home visitations the younger sister (my friend) and my siblings were all sitting around a coffee table, exhausted, grief, etc. On the coffee table were two HUGE lamps. Sitting on the coffee table they stood at my eye level (about 5'). They were ugly and out of proportion with the table, room and furniture. IIRC they were gold and had yellow accents - think funeral home décor and make it worse (The funeral was in the early 90s, décor probably a decade or 3 earlier). One of us made a comment on how ugly they were and how much the older sister would hate them (she was very fashionable). And then we started down that line and started laughing and laughing as other mourners were entering the funeral home. We had to leave the funeral home and walk around the town to get the giggles out. Some of the people must have thought we had all gone mad.  

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 13

@quiversR4hunting thanks for the giggle. My sister in law used to sing that to my husband...when he was a teenager, he had a rather high opinion of himself...and she'd knock him down a peg or 3 by singing that to him. THEN...she told me about it. It was an ongoing joke for us. 

• Upvote 6

@WarriorJane SPOT ON!! But we were in a full fit of laughter over those damn lamps. I have totally done what that actress was portraying about other news. I have to bite my cheek when I start to do it. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, slp said:

When I had my 4th my kids were 7, 4,2 and infant. I had my 7 yr old push an umbrella stroller w the 2 yr old and I carried infant in a sling, with the 4 yr old in the cart.  When I had #5, my then 9 yr old pushed a cart with the 4 yr old, I pushed one w the 2 yr ok’d and wore the baby in a sling and the 6 yr old walked by my cart 

I am the oldest of three, and I'm 2 and a half years older than the middle sister - youngest is 13 months younger than her. I remember as a kid mom would have to take us all to the grocery store and I'd sit under the cart on the bottom. Later middle sister and I would both sit there and youngest would be in the cart seat, and even later on youngest would be in the cart itself (to contain her). Mom must not have been getting along with grandma on dad's side, because she lived right next door and could have watched us, I'm sure! 

• Upvote 4

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned Mary Tyler Moore at the funeral of Chuckles the Clown. I'm sorry I couldn't find who said it, but thank you for the memory and the laugh. Here is the link for those who need a chuckle (haha).

• Haha 8
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

There were only two of us but my brother and I almost always waited in the car while my mom was in the store, from the time I was 7 and he was 4 or so. That was in the 90s though, and we could roll our windows up and down as much as we wanted. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Marionette said:

That was the episode with the Reber bar at JB’s throat I think? He insisted that he push it with his chest. Quite a sensible decision for JB. He doesn’t appear to make very many sensible decisions. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I love the original. It cracks me up! 

I had that album! I wonder if I still have it stored away. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Marionette said:

At least whoever was counseling J&A back in the day saw relapse as a real and present danger, thus the flip phone, and a need for 3rd party accountability, thus the Covenant Eyes.

• Upvote 7

On 5/18/2021 at 3:30 PM, refugee said:

And now I’m thinking of the classic Mary Tyler Moore episode with the funeral of the clown.

One year my town had a big quilting extravaganza with a quilt show, workshops, guest lecturers and a traveling production of a musical, "The Quilters". In one tragical vignette, a man working for the railway is run over by a railcar. They bring his body home to his grieving family in a basket. My sister laughed so hard, nearly rolling in the auditorium aisle, we had to remove her from the show. It's all about making memories.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12

On 5/18/2021 at 9:58 PM, Cults-r-us said:

Sadly, I think Anna loves Josh  he is her Smugger Bear

I hate the part of myself that wishes I could have that as my username. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 26
  • I Agree 1

Apparently Jim Bob is very concerned about Josh's safety at La Count's place and plans to build a fence around the Reber property to keep out nosy photographers and those who have Smuggar on their shit list. 

Let's all say it in unison:  What about the safety of Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy and the unnamed girl who were all Josh's victims?  Where was Jim Bob then?

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2021/05/19/jim-bob-duggar-is-reportedly-concerned-for-son-joshs-safety-following-recent-arrest-plans-to-build-a-fence-to-protect-josh-while-he-awaits-trial/

• Upvote 31
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

Hoo boy,  poor Ms. Lacount who never wanted Josh around to start with.   They certainly had not reckoned with photogs and journos skulking around trying to get a glimpse of Josh or snag a comment.  

Anybody want to guess the odds on the Lacounts continuing to lodge Josh until trial?

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

I hate the part of myself that wishes I could have that as my username. 

When people say this I usually make the offer to see if they want to change it for real but I can't bring myself to do it this time.

You have one of the best usernames in the history of FJ and the other....it would be more soothing to chew tinfoil than see that username.  :) 

3 minutes ago, Howl said:

Hoo boy,  poor Ms. Lacount who never wanted Josh around to start with.   They certainly had not reckoned with photogs and journos skulking around trying to get a glimpse of Josh or snag a comment.  

Anybody want to guess the odds on the Lacounts continuing to lodge Josh until trial?

She'll continue to do as she is told and I will continue to not feel sorry for her.  

She chooses to sign over her autonomy to her husband, but legally she's a person and could have told the court no and Smugs wouldn't be there now.

I do think he'll be there until trial unless he violates something and is caught either electronically or by the officer monitoring him since I don't think any of these people would turn him in as required no matter what he does.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic