IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 31: Charged on 2 LaCounts

Destiny

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't think La Count knew what he was letting his family in for. Months of Josh living there, six kids and Anna on a daily basis. The thought makes me shudder.

Do we know that Anna and the kids are visiting every day?   And how has this been explained to the kids?

Hard as it must have been at times to be JB and Michelle’s kids, I think the poor Ms have it worse.  (This is only my opinion.)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Or — could it be gothard? Does he instruct the buddy system?! Gosh, that would make sense.  Provide lots of born followers AND injure the spirits of children from little on up as they essentially raise each other. 

I think it’s more for practical reasons. If you’re going to pop out children like the donut machine at krispy kreme you can’t physically care for and baby them too long. You’re always pregnant, recovering from birth or trying to conceive. It’s what the older girls are for.

Until you have older girls is the hard part. Once there are older girls it gets easier.

Edited by QuiverFullOfCondoms
  • Upvote 18
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

On 5/15/2021 at 6:52 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

As we have been discussing nature vs nurture I looked for a study I had read about signs on psychopathy in brain scans and although this isn't the one I was looking for it's interesting.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2933872/

The study I was looking for was done by a doctor who said the results of his study showed he himself was predisposed to psychopathy, but he was non-violent and not involved in criminal acts so his theory is that some people with the predisposition will become psychopaths (current terminology Antisocial Personality Disorder) and others can develop functional emotions even with the pre-disposition if raised in a healthy environment where compassion is modeled, taught, and expected.

He said he could see predisposition by brain scans, as referenced in the article I linked above.  Their brains don't respond to horrific images the way typical people do.

Still looking for the link, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about and can link me I'd appreciate it.

Found it:  https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-neuroscientist-who-discovered-he-was-a-psychopath-180947814/

(if the article I linked above is valid I am definitely not a psychopath, I have a hyper startle reflex to the point it's an actual problem for me at work.)

Psychopathy is fascinating. If anyone would like a long read about kids and interventions, please enjoy: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/when-your-child-is-a-psychopath/524502/

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 23

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Try 40. 

Or 50. I am still visited occasionally by an awful response I made to a housemate in crisis in 1972. At the time I felt self-righteous and justified as can be. It was years later that I woke up in a shamed panic realizing what I'd done. Thank goodness she had some better friends than me back then .

• Upvote 1
  • Love 32

24 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Wow, this article is terrifying. Excellent, insightful, but terrifying. 

I agree, wow, that was an interesting but as you say, terrifying article. The human mind is fathomless, what makes some people the way they are? Why do some people go things that are so depraved? One can say oh its upbringing but I really do think some are just wired a certain way. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

Or 50. I am still visited occasionally by an awful response I made to a housemate in crisis in 1972. At the time I felt self-righteous and justified as can be. It was years later that I woke up in a shamed panic realizing what I'd done. Thank goodness she had some better friends than me back then .

How about 60+

• Upvote 7
  • Love 13

2 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

I am on a lot of widow groups  and I hear - daily - that someone said something stupid to them after their spouse passed and how could they and how upset they are and how it changed their opinoin of this person.   I have to remind people daily - daily - that we all say stupid crap.  A lot.  And we will again.   Most people end up kicking themselves for it a alot longer than mostly we remember it.   It's part of being people.  Sucks, but it is.  

I am absolutely horrible at finding the words I want to say when trying to offer condolences. Horrible! I care, I want it to come out caring, but I usually just sound stupid. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

On 5/16/2021 at 3:38 PM, onekidanddone said:

My cousin’s former next door neighbor when he was four had a cat who knew a squirrel who knows Anna. 

I am hoping we can come up with a way for this to be an amazing thread title... but it is so long!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Do we know that Anna and the kids are visiting every day?   And how has this been explained to the kids?

Hard as it must have been at times to be JB and Michelle’s kids, I think the poor Ms have it worse.  (This is only my opinion.)

I can only speculate but I truly don’t believe that any of the Mkids are being told what is really going on (rightfully so IMHO, daddy getting caught with CSA images is not a dinner topic). I would not wish that kind of childhood misery or fear on anyone.

I can also reasonably speculate that Anna does not believe any of it and would probably encourage the kids to pray for daddy’s innocence or some such. Given some of her postings, I would absolutely believe that the kids are already taught about “fake news” and “media lies to hurt daddy and family” etc.

The “family line” is always taught from birth. I don’t think this situation will change it.

As for Anna, I’d also believe that she’s still so deep in things that she would be risking hellfire if she didn’t stand by him and keep sweet, even now
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

Interesting, potentially very disturbing, post at the Warburg Watch. They quote the Sun as reporting not only does Anna blame the Biden administration, but is estranged from JB and Michelle because she also blames them for his arrest. Personally, I think that sounds pretty wild, and not sure I trust the Sun.

Anna Duggar thinks Joe Biden Set Up Josh Duggar To Be Charged With Possessing Sexually Abusive Material on Children As Young As 18 Months Ol

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

49 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I can only speculate but I truly don’t believe that any of the Mkids are being told what is really going on (rightfully so IMHO, daddy getting caught with CSA images is not a dinner topic). I would not wish that kind of childhood misery or fear on anyone.

I can also reasonably speculate that Anna does not believe any of it and would probably encourage the kids to pray for daddy’s innocence or some such. Given some of her postings, I would absolutely believe that the kids are already taught about “fake news” and “media lies to hurt daddy and family” etc.

The “family line” is always taught from birth. I don’t think this situation will change it.

As for Anna, I’d also believe that she’s still so deep in things that she would be risking hellfire if she didn’t stand by him and keep sweet, even now

I am with you in speculating that (a) the kids don’t know what Josh is accused of and (b) they have been told and believe that Josh has been accused unfairly.  But it must still be hard on them.

Kids pick up a lot of anxiety and stuff like that from the adults around them, and the older ones can also pick up that things are being hidden from them.  Poor things. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am hoping we can come up with a way for this to be an amazing thread title... but it is so long!

Ha!  Maybe “A Squirrel knew Anna.”  ? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Oh god look at the crap that just came up on my Facebook feed. I can’t even watch it. That women has nothing to clap back on... vomit. 

6C6BD9AA-EE6F-4AE6-954A-06A1B2F1D78C.png

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 1

8 hours ago, Mela99 said:

7 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I am with you in speculating that (a) the kids don’t know what Josh is accused of and (b) they have been told and believe that Josh has been accused unfairly.  But it must still be hard on them.

Kids pick up a lot of anxiety and stuff like that from the adults around them, and the older ones can also pick up that things are being hidden from them.  Poor things. 

I wonder if there are any kids at church, old enough and knowledgeable enough who caught wind of the Josh scandal and would say something derogatory to one of the M kids about it when no adults are in earshot. It has to be the hot topic in gossip among the parishioners, and kids tend to be nosy and eavesdrop on conversations to learn what’s going on.

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh god look at the crap that just came up on my Facebook feed. I can’t even watch it. That women has nothing to clap back on... vomit. 

6C6BD9AA-EE6F-4AE6-954A-06A1B2F1D78C.png

I’ve always hated the term “claps back” or “clapped back” and refuse to read articles that use that in the headline or story. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

Kids can be really mean, so I would hope Anna is shielding them from others who are gossiping IMO Church people were the worst of the worst, any and everyone speculated and talked and it got to the kids "Oh don't hang out with them because I heard' and all that jazz

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Anna blamed the Biden administration for this. Its crazy but I have family that have fallen into the whole Trump conspiracies and I can't believe half of the shit they are saying "Oh my avocado tasted weird? Its Biden's department of agriculture trying to poison us to stay silent! "Oh my tv has bad service? Its Biden hearing our conversation and trying to tap in to get us!"

I've heard so many gems these past 4 months 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 9
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I am absolutely horrible at finding the words I want to say when trying to offer condolences. Horrible! I care, I want it to come out caring, but I usually just sound stupid. 

Same here. To make matters worse I sometimes laugh when I'm nervous,  it's very automatic and I live with the fear that I'm going to laugh when giving condolences. I absolutely dread it. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

Apologies if this is being discussed on another thread--but I'm assuming the just announced pending purchase of Discovery Communications (TLC's parent company) by AT&T/TimeWarner means that its even easier for TLC to drop the Duggars  while they transition to new ownership.

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

It's as easy for Discovery/TLC or any network to drop the Duggars as they want it to be.  No one is owed a TV contract and the additional seasons are contract options that are up to the network to exercise or not.

We are in the midst of spring big four network renewals and cancellations.  It's as easy or easier to cancel the Duggars as it was to end All Rise (among many others).  The decision the network faces is will another show make as much or more money for us.  That's their number one concern.

• Upvote 27

4 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

If any Duggars really believe they’re important enough for a president to be after them, that’s just pitifully arrogant. 

I'll take pitifully arrogant for 100, Alex. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Nike said:

To make matters worse I sometimes laugh when I'm nervous,  it's very automatic and I live with the fear that I'm going to laugh when giving condolences. I absolutely dread it.

I do something similar; I blurt out an "UGH!" when I remember something embarrassing I did. It's completely automatic, it happens before I can catch it. And of course if I'm not alone, immediately everyone says, "What?" -- but of course I'm not going to tell them what. I have to make some lame excuse.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic