IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 30: LaCounting On to His Trial Date

choralcrusader8613

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Doesn't that mean giving a pass to all sorts of people who do awful things? The people who beat their kids to death for God. The Trump supporters who staged a violent insurrection because they truly believed what Trump told them? The people who spent years covering up for Gothard because they were true believers? If Gothard actually believed all his stuff do we give him a pass? Do we never hold these people responsible for their actions in your opinion? 

Facing consequences for their actions might be the very thing that helps some people realize they have been brainwashed. I don’t mean to imply that it’s easy or like flipping a light switch, just that accountability can be eye-opening for some people and it would be nice if we saw that with some of the Duggars in this situation. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

I took a break from FJ over the weekend not because I wanted to but because mentally I needed to.

I just can’t stop this premonition  of doom that I have related to this whole mess and that it is about to get even worse.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 10

6 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Or if she’s just still numb or shocked or crying or raging or comatose and not at the thinking and planning part yet. 

Yes to this.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Cam said:

It boggles my mind that the pedophilia epidemic in the Catholic Church has not caused more people to turn away. But as you say, brainwashing runs deep and millions of people, billions even, are conditioned from birth to believe and never question. 

It hasn't turned us away as much as it has led us to be more cautious in allowing minors, vulnerable adults in counseling, etc to not be alone. Reasoning is that we know sexual abuse/assault happens in all religions, indeed anywhere there is a power imbalance. 

The Church is currently facing a crisis as fewer men are being called to serve BECAUSE of the abuse, so a lot of work/research is being done into how to minister with a shrinking priesthood. The Church now discourages 1v1 counseling and recommends priests have, get this, "accountability partners"!!!!!1!11!!!!

I am Catho-lite, I still love my church and rituals and even still use my very first rosary. Yet I also find comfort in other idealogies: Buddhism, Judaism, Islam, for example.  (This last part was just a ramble thought for those who were questioning their own spirituality. Truthfully we don't know what will happen, so however you find comfort and peace is acceptable, imho)

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 3

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This seems to be a fiction being perpetuated here.  @formergothardite stated that even for ILBP and ATI families this has crossed a line where she would get support for leaving.  

That may have been true before, but that is not her cult's stance this time....so if she stays it's in defiance of what they're taught, not because of it.

She's a 22 (23?) year old SAHD.  

Yes, these parents brought this monster into their home to live with their daughter.

If he hurts her and I pray he doesn’t. I bet they cover it up. No ducking way. Jb and that father that took him need to burn in hell for putting the wife and daughter in this position and the mother should have said no. Fuck the patriarchy that made her to scared brainwashed to do so. 

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 5

@AussieKrissy kinda boggles my mind that the AUSA didn't press her harder on this, given the Probation report even stated her hesitancy. 

I do have to give props to the judge though for making Mr and Mrs Reber say, on the record, that they will notify Probation and no one else first. Now The Rebers can legally be held accountable for any "stumbles" either through contempt of court or criminal charges depending on the severity of the violation. 

I also hope they know that can call PO Diem at anytime and say this isn't working. Especially since Mrs Reber has been posting no trespassing signs all over their property because of all the paparazzi at their house. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Browneyed Girl said:

I took a break from FJ over the weekend not because I wanted to but because mentally I needed to.

I just can’t stop this premonition  of doom that I have related to this whole mess and that it is about to get even worse.

44 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

If he hurts her and I pray he doesn’t. I bet they cover it up. No ducking way. Jb and that father that took him need to burn in hell for putting the wife and daughter in this position and the mother should have said no. Fuck the patriarchy that made her to scared brainwashed to do so. 

This kinda combines into why I don’t want Josh (and JB/M) punished even more. Given his pattern of behaviour, what are the chances it will be “victimless”* if he gets more than 3.5-4 years in jail for added charges because all known charges are abuse related? 
What are the chances he goes back to jail for failing to reach his parole officer before going to get urgent medical care?
And as much as I would love to see Jim Bob and Michelle suffer, particularly financial ruin, that just means they would have squandered ALL the money they are hoarding that their kids earned. Plus the kids still living at home would suffer poverty too. I want Karma to hit them oh so very hard but can’t figure out how it won’t also impact true innocents.

*Even dodgy tax or similar financial shenanigans aren’t victimless but don’t involve abuse.

Edited by Mrs Ms
Hopefully cleared up poor wording as people seemed to think I meant his current charges are victimless.
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 2

Anyone here use Pacer? I want to keep track of things, and wondering what is the best way to do so 

2 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

This kinda combines into why I don’t want Josh (and JB/M) punished even more. Given his pattern of behaviour, what are the chances it will be “victimless”* if he gets more than 3.5-4 years in jail for added charges? 
What are the chances he goes back to jail for failing to reach his parole officer before going to get urgent medical care?

Bolded #1: I hope I am misreading but Josh is not charged with a victimless crime.

Bolded #2: This scenario is always explained to those with ankle monitors, unless you are unconscious and going by ambulance you have time to call the PO. He won't be denied medical care, but his movements will be tracked  

• Upvote 7

19 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I get that.  No matter what someone's upbringing at a point they are responsible for their adult choices and having functional critical thought.  

That sometime is sometime before almost 7 kids with a child sex predator.

Of course Anna is, I just blame her upbringing because she was never able to see Josh for who he is and, right now, probably doesn't. If Anna's parents had paid more attention to how Josh was spinning things and his behavior, then they could've caught on. Instead, they were just happy an upcoming reality Christian TV star was interested in their daughter and failed. Time for Anna to wake up.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, amaznmom2u said:

Bolded #1: I hope I am misreading but Josh is not charged with a victimless crime.

Bolded #2: This scenario is always explained to those with ankle monitors, unless you are unconscious and going by ambulance you have time to call the PO. He won't be denied medical care, but his movements will be tracked  

No, that was my point. Josh is charged with abuse crimes and the chances that any extra charges aren’t also related to abuse are slim. 
Clearly poorly worded, sorry!

Edited by Mrs Ms
Apology added
  • Thank You 3

Right now I am starting to get sick of the Duggar family statements. Joy and Austin's sounded just like JB and Michelle's. Like "our prayer is the truth comes to light no matter what it is". Do they not get it? Josh is a serial pedophile! The truth already came to light! Accept the fact that Josh is a pedophile who will never change and keep him away from all your children and grandchildren before he does more damage. 

• Upvote 12

29 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

This kinda combines into why I don’t want Josh (and JB/M) punished even more. Given his pattern of behaviour, what are the chances it will be “victimless”* if he gets more than 3.5-4 years in jail for added charges? 

I don't understand what this means?  It looks like you're saying if he gets more then the amount of time you mentioned he'll be more dangerous?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't understand what this means?  It looks like you're saying if he gets more then the amount of time you mentioned he'll be more dangerous?

I think they said if he ends up with more time added for doing more shit, coming to light or doing more while out now, it'll be something really bad. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Man, no more posting before coffee! I meant he probably won’t get 20 years on his current charges. So I don’t want him to rot in jail or get life in prison because what he has done is horrendous enough. Longer terms would mean he has already caused more damage. 

• Confused 5
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, ExTeach713 said:

In my opinion, if Anna can’t see the absolute horror of Josh’s behavior she is herself morally bankrupt and the M children should be removed from the home. It doesn’t matter to me if she’s blind to Josh’s actions because of her upbringing and religion. If Anna can’t put the health and safety of her children above all else then society/the justice system needs to make better decisions for her. We’re talking about innocent children who deserve to grow up under the care of loving adults who put their needs first.

She can sit home waiting to be Josh’s sex toy for the next two decades…I don’t care. If that’s her choice she needs to do it alone or with her in-laws. The kids deserve better.

Many fundie families already have a deep distrust of the system when it comes down to foster care. I wouldn't be surprised if Anna has this problem as well. If Anna loses custody, then I can very easily see JB and Michelle making a play for them. That way Anna will live close by and they will be able to keep them sheltered. JB and Michelle managed to adopt Michelle's nephew even with Josh's past being public knowledge. However, I do wonder if they won't even be thought of as Anna practically lives there already and, hopefully, the system will keep the kids far from the Duggars. 

• Upvote 1

It’s interesting to me that the four Duggar sisters that were abused by Josh and his parents have all released statements regarding their thoughts about Josh’s situation. Why haven’t his adult brothers, and I’ll leave the unmarried brothers and Jana off the hook, released statements? Are only his victims responsible for repudiating his actions? It’s like only his victims feel obligated to speak out which is an unfair position to place them in. John David, Joe, Josiah, Jed and Justin should also be releasing statements.

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

Just now, JDuggs said:

It’s interesting to me that the four Duggar sisters that were abused by Josh and his parents have all released statements regarding their thoughts about Josh’s situation. Why haven’t his adult brothers, and I’ll leave the unmarried brothers and Jana off the hook, released statements? Are only his victims responsible for repudiating his actions? It’s like only his victims feel obligated to speak out which is an unfair position to place them in. John David, Joe, Josiah, Jed and Justin should also be releasing statements.

Why do you let Jana off the hook but not the others?  Some of those you mentioned are so young they are more likely to have not known of things first hand as Jana was.  Justin is only 18, why is it his obligation to release a statement but not his unmarried bothers who are older?

• Upvote 13

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Why do you let Jana off the hook but not the others?  Some of those you mentioned are so young they are more likely to have not known of things first hand as Jana was.  Justin is only 18, why is it his obligation to release a statement but not his unmarried bothers who are older?

Why do any of them need to make a statement? None of these kids had a choice to be public figures, why do any of them, especially the ones that don’t seem to be seeking more spotlight, owe us anything?

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

And no Mother’s Day statements either. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I don’t think that’s a fair statement. So far everyone who has released a statement has at least a semi-regular social media presence.

If you look at Joe and Josiah’s instagrams they rarely post anything (and on Joe’s I think Kendra is the one doing the posting). I haven’t followed Jed or Justin, but I think it’s the same for them. 
The only one I’m slightly surprised by is John David, but I think outside of wishing Abbie Happy Mother’s Day or Birthday, John David doesn’t use the Instagram account.

People complain about the Duggars living in the media and not giving their children privacy, but these couples do seem to have a greater desire than the older girls to keep their non-tv life off social media, so I can see why they’re not commenting. Josh got married when the boys from Joe on down were 13 and younger. I don’t think any of them had/have much of a relationship with him and they probably don’t see the need to login into their Instagram account to share their feelings...I’m sure they have some, but at least John David and Joe seem like the type who’d want to process this privately first.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Jillybits said:

Why do any of them need to make a statement? None of these kids had a choice to be public figures, why do any of them, especially the ones that don’t seem to be seeking more spotlight, owe us anything?

Thanks, I knew I left something out.  I absolutely agree none of them owe us anything.  I was just curious why that poster throught we were owed one by the married boys, but not Jana.

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I was giving them a break because in their world, “Daddy” is the one speaking for them since they are still living under his rules. I figure if Justin is old enough to be married and has established his own household, he’s old enough to understand and condemn his brother’s actions.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I was giving them a break because in their world, “Daddy” is the one speaking for them since they are still living under his rules. I figure if Justin is old enough to be married and has established his own household, he’s old enough to understand and condemn his brother’s actions.

If they work for Duggar businesses, or make money flying the Duggar plane, or live in a house provided by JB/M then they are just as under their thumbs as if they lived at home.

But no one owes the public a statement.  

• Upvote 11

Maybe the four who were assaulted wanted their names out there prior to his possible trial for perpetrating assault on others?

• Destiny locked this topic