IGNORED

(CW: Child Sex Abuse) Josh & Anna 29: Left with Nothing but a Flip Phone Full of Shame

nelliebelle1197

1 minute ago, ladyaudley said:

thanks, that makes sense. Didn't catch that on the DailyFail. Doesn't seem particularly fair that they all have to uproot their lives so Josh the Vile can hang out somewhere that isn't custody. 

Not fair to the daughter for sure.  But the parents are choosing to do this so any disruption they brought upon themselves.  Petty, but I hope he's a total pain in the ass for them.  Complains about the food, leaves his towels on the floor, doesn't use coasters, feet on the coffee table, raids the fridge and eats whatever she was planning to make for dinner.  And hope he leaves a little glob of toothpaste in the sink whenever he brushes that he won't bother to rinse out so his hosts have to scrape it off themselves.  I hope he tries to fry something greasy without a splatter guard and she thinks of her Christian duty to him as she scrubs her kitchen.  

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 7

Maybe being forced to do this will be what makes Mrs. Reber and her daughter leave the cult?! One can hope.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Antimony said:

It occurs to me now, though it didn't then, that one of the biggest things to host piano lessons is to well...have a piano, a notoriously (and comically, slapstick wise) hard thing to move around. Unless it's a keyboard, they are really going out of their way to get this favor in for Jim Bob. 

You know that noise when a piano falls out a window in a cartoon and crashes on the ground? It really does kind of make that noise. (Once was behind an upright piano on a trailer that snapped a tie-down and backflipped off when it hit a pothole.)

Don't the duggars have a baby grand in their house? They could have her teach there while the other kids in the house are "homeschooling". 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

I honestly think Josh doesn't care about how this trial goes. He's got Daddy fighting and trying to cover his ass. He gets away from Anna and the kids if he does go to jail. He gets to live in a house with someone's servant wife waiting on him. If he gets a few years he will be released to his helpmeet who will go back into  being joyfully available. He's sick and I honestly think he's looking at this as a win -win situation. 

I read the reddit on his bond, I had to step away to vomit 

Did they say how much his bond was?  That I haven't heard yet.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, hand holder said:

I'm not sure if you saw in my original post but it is currently timestamped so you can skip the hour long segment with descriptions. 

RE: bolding. Yes, she is obligated to take them to see J*sh. Parental rights are a very big deal, however I would like to see a third party supervisor. Currently they will be permitted to see him with Anna serving as supervisor. 

Not to crap on Anna - but.... she didn't do a really good job of supervising him before... so I agree there should be a third party. 

• Upvote 22

6 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

Maybe being forced to do this will be what makes Mrs. Reber and her daughter leave the cult?! One can hope.

I hope JB & Michelle would offer Mrs. Reber's daughter to room & board with Jana & the other girls for the time being if she wants to but who knows? I wonder if JB is allowing the piano lesson locations to be moved to TTH. IMO, that's the least he could do.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

No I haven't seen anything. I am genuinely curious 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This was a misconception I also had (and maybe propagated by looking up cash bond amounts for similar crimes at the state level).

It seems that federal cases don't use cash/monetary bonds, usually. It might be in play, but not typical. It seems to me that the conditions of bail and the required DNA sample and GPS system, are in a sense, taking place of the cash bond itself. 

More details, blah: The function of bail isn't to make money for the court to fiscally punish you -- it's just collateral. The idea is that the amount should be so large that you can't risk losing it, because once you do appear in court, you are returned the bail amount (unless you got a bondsman). So, if a GPS anklet and a DNA sample is sufficient to keep you from fleeing, that is all that matters. The idea of the amount is "how much does the court care if they lose this suspect?" and "How much money is "unlosable" to this person?" If the court gains $1000 to lose a suspect for a missed turn signal, they don't really care, and if you can afford $1000 to not show up, why not? But for bigger crimes, it gets more complicated, of course. 

Edited by Antimony
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 11

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not fair to the daughter for sure.  But the parents are choosing to do this so any disruption they brought upon themselves.  Petty, but I hope he's a total pain in the ass for them.  Complains about the food, leaves his towels on the floor, doesn't use coasters, feet on the coffee table, raids the fridge and eats whatever she was planning to make for dinner.  And hope he leaves a little glob of toothpaste in the sink whenever he brushes that he won't bother to rinse out so his hosts have to scrape it off themselves.  I hope he tries to fry something greasy without a splatter guard and she thinks of her Christian duty to him as she scrubs her kitchen. 

Trying to catch up on this latest Joshgate after being out of town for the last 2 days.

Honestly I think the parents are going to rue the day they agreed to do this for JB.   Obviously did not understand the ramifications of not just having Smuggar, who doesn't seem to get that he's in very serious trouble, in their home and is completely useless but all the negative publicity associated with it.   No offense to them, but seems to me that JB likely had to call around a bit to get a taker and got them.  Have no idea if JB is paying them (it sounds like probably not) but no amount of money is going to compensate for it.

And the daughter?  If I were her, I would be beyond pissed that my means of making what little money I was allowed to earn was being impacted like this.  

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2

Anna pretty much failed at keeping Josh in check so I think it's a total fail of the system that she is the only thing standing between him & the kids. She's proven she's not strong enough or aware enough to check her husband. I know he got around that software, but I can't believe there was no other indication he was acting in appropriately. She just chose not to notice. 

I wouldn't want to move into the Duggar house or give piano lessons there. In fact, I'd consider it a form of punishment to have to be in their home as their depraved son is in mine. 

The daughter shouldn't be punished for the choices of her parents & their friends. She shouldn't have to be in someone else's insane house (you can't tell me that house is sane at any given time) because her parents are doing a favor for them. 

SHE should get a neutral 3rd party location, just like the sex pest got. At the cost of Jim Bob & his squeaky toy.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8

1 minute ago, nokidsmom said:

Trying to catch up on this latest Joshgate after being out of town for the last 2 days.

Honestly I think the parents are going to rue the day they agreed to do this for JB.   Obviously did not understand the ramifications of not just having Smuggar, who doesn't seem to get that he's in very serious trouble, in their home and is completely useless but all the negative publicity associated with having him in his home.  Have no idea if JB is paying them (it sounds like probably not) but no amount of money is going to compensate for it.

And the daughter?  If I were her, I would be beyond pissed that my means of making what little money I was allowed to earn was being impacted like this.  

I hope the press is camped out day and night driving home to these people exactly who they are helping here. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 20

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

She's proven she's not strong enough or aware enough to check her husband. I know he got around that software

Re: Anna. This situation looks a lot like the Steven Sitler debacle, where his wife was supposed to supervise him on home release. It was a failure.

Re: Covenant Eyes & a partitioned hard drive. Maybe fundies don't use macs or maybe they're just really ignorant generally, but the ability to partition a mac's hard drive, or a PC's, is widespread knowledge. It's easy to find tons of help articles & videos for anyone who wants to do this. While Anna herself might not know about this stuff, I find it hard to believe that none of the other MALE adults involved understood this commonplace technology.

Then again, maybe they really all are that stupid.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, ifosterkittens said:

What is Mrs. Reber supposed to do with Josh all day? Time to create a chore list. I can see Mrs. Reber and the daughter not wanting him in their rooms or doing their laundry, but otherwise all chores indoor and outdoor could be done by Josh.  Have him start and maintain a garden just to keep him busy? I imagine he'll get a variety of Bible studies, verses to memorize, Christian books to read and write book reports. I hope Mr. Reber does not expect Mrs. Reber to wait on Josh. 

Is he thinking of new songs about purity/fidelity or those principle booklets? Because they didn't work the first time.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Anna pretty much failed at keeping Josh in check so I think it's a total fail of the system that she is the only thing standing between him & the kids. She's proven she's not strong enough or aware enough to check her husband. I know he got around that software, but I can't believe there was no other indication he was acting in appropriately. She just chose not to notice. 

I wouldn't want to move into the Duggar house or give piano lessons there. In fact, I'd consider it a form of punishment to have to be in their home as their depraved son is in mine. 

The daughter shouldn't be punished for the choices of her parents & their friends. She should have to be in someone else's insane house (you can't tell me that house is sane at any given time) because her parents are doing a favor for them. 

SHE should get a neutral 3rd party location, just like the sex pest got. At the cost of Jim Bob & his squeaky toy.

If I were the daughter I wouldn’t even want to be staying in that house with him. And it’s not fair to her because she didn’t ask for any of this. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 22

Read in that DailyMail article that apparently the Reber's son married a woman with the same name as his sister. Not really relevant to Josh at all, but it kind of made me laugh. I can't imagine being intimate with someone who has the same name as a close relative of mine.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2

29 minutes ago, Antimony said:

It occurs to me now, though it didn't then, that one of the biggest things to host piano lessons is to well...have a piano, a notoriously (and comically, slapstick wise) hard thing to move around. Unless it's a keyboard, they are really going out of their way to get this favor in for Jim Bob. 

She can teach them at the TTH. They must have a piano there. After all, Jana is a concert pianist. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

2 minutes ago, CosmicStardust said:

If I were the daughter I wouldn’t even want to be staying in that house with him. And it’s not fair to her because she didn’t ask for any of this. 

But since she's under her father's umbrella, she had no choice. Nor did her mother. Mr Reder will be gone all day, what difference does their discomfort matter.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

In the US, he doesn't have to prove he's not guility.  The entire basis of the US criminal system is based upon the opposite idea  - that he must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  This hasn't happened yet. 

I hate Smuggar too, but he's still needs to be treated same as any other dirtbag in this situation.  Equal justice under the law and all that. 

Interestingly, in the UK I believe it's the opposite. He is guilty until proven innocent.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Read in that DailyMail article that apparently the Reber's son married a woman with the same name as his sister. Not really relevant to Josh at all, but it kind of made me laugh. I can't imagine being intimate with someone who has the same name as a close relative of mine.

Yeah, he did. A few of the Duggars were in the wedding party, and so was Austin. 

• Upvote 3

Remember when Jill talked about working on boundaries with her Duggar family? Bingo. That is exactly what JB’s approach has instilled, a lack of appropriate and healthy boundaries. Who asks a congregant at their church to become their out-on-bail, awaiting trial, son’s handler? WHO does this? Only a person who lacks boundaries. 

Josh’s behaviors? Deviant, impulsive and lacking boundaries.

They should have left him in jail.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

This is blatantly stolen from the DuggarSnark Reddit from a user who is now getting ads from Covenant Eyes on their Facebook. I couldn't comment on the post itself (not enough karma), but I really want to say:

Um, that's... quite... the URL you're using there, Covenant Eyes...

image.png

• WTF 2
  • Haha 46
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: Anna. This situation looks a lot like the Steven Sitler debacle, where his wife was supposed to supervise him on home release. It was a failure.

Re: Covenant Eyes & a partitioned hard drive. Maybe fundies don't use macs or maybe they're just really ignorant generally, but the ability to partition a mac's hard drive, or a PC's, is widespread knowledge. It's easy to find tons of help articles & videos for anyone who wants to do this. While Anna herself might not know about this stuff, I find it hard to believe that none of the other MALE adults involved understood this commonplace technology.

Then again, maybe they really all are that stupid.

Idk, I mean the Maxwells did close down the 1TonRamp, where else would these Godly males learn about such things?

I mean I've been legit worried about the technical capabilities of all of fundiland since they can no longer take a class from a pre-reversal to learn Basics of Using an Internet Browser, or iPhone Essentials.  

Regarding their stupidity, I have a dog that I adore ...he's wonderful but he's not winning any academic scholarships to the canine Ivy League if you know what I mean.  Sweet but kind of dumb....unless there is cat food behind a locked door.  Then he becomes some kind of genius magician and no barrier is too secure for the Houdini GoodBoy.  Same with people, if they want something bad enough they'll find a way to get it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 2

So my question is - why would the church/pastor allow Josh to attend?

Don't fundies still put people out of fellowship for moral failing?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Interestingly, in the UK I believe it's the opposite. He is guilty until proven innocent.

No - here in the UK you have the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic