IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 20: So Many Babies, So Many Spirits to Crush

Bethella

2 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Shedd baby's complete name is Eliza Beth Shedd and was born on 21th of May.

Poor kid. All the kids in the school yard are going to call her Elizabeth and she's going to grow up hating her nickname and wondering why kids are so mean & make up names.

Oh, wait. 

Never mind.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

What is the word again for when you read a sentence, thinking it means one thing, and then all of a sudden it turns out you misinterpreted the meaning or pronounciation of one word and you have to reread the entire sentence for it to make sense? (Sorry for the run-on sentence, I wish I could just remember the name of this phenomenon…) Because that is how I feel about the name „Eliza Beth“, except on a never-ending loop. My brain reads „Eliza“ just fine, then sees „Beth“ and wants to correct the pronounciation to „Elizabeth“ but that doesn’t work either because then the space between the names makes no sense and so it goes back to „Eliza“ and ahhhhh make it stop

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the redundancy with Eliza Beth. It's unfortunate, because it would be a pretty cute name if both names weren't already short for Elizabeth (which is a name I've always loved).

• Upvote 4

I understand why the name Eliza Beth would seem kind of odd to some, but I don't mind it. It's pretty obvious they were trying to give her a name with a built-in quirk, so hopefully, they are also in on the joke. 

My ex-headship's birth mother had a very late in life twin pregnancy, both of which were unfortunately not viable. Her names for them were Jon Nathan (Jonathan) and Emma Lee (Emily). She had cycled through a ton of similar "split names" before settling on those. I'd never heard of anyone intentionally doing that before with a name, but it was kind of a cute way to have a "theme" to the twin names without resorting to same letters/rhyming/etc. 

• Upvote 4

In regards to Malachi Seth, for once I actually like the name - imagine that! Malachi always kind of hung around on my middle names list. Seth is decent, I don't hate it, though I personally wouldn't pair it with Malachi.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Well now I’m sitting here breaking up names to make a first and middle. 

Alex Andrea

Jo Anna

Chris Topher

Anna Lise

Will Liam

Isa Bella

Lan Don

Bri Elle

Abi Gail

Juli Anna

Ella Nora

Fin Lee

Max Well

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

Reminds me of the German TV starlet who wanted to name her son "San Diego", which is not allowed in Germany (no names of cities). She ended up picking San as his first name and Diego as his middle name - because apparently San is a common Turkish name and thus allowed.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Reminds me of the German TV starlet who wanted to name her son "San Diego", which is not allowed in Germany (no names of cities). She ended up picking San as his first name and Diego as his middle name - because apparently San is a common Turkish name and thus allowed.

I’m American so the idea of the government saying no to a name is so foreign to me. A person naming a child San Diego wouldn’t even be close to the worst name I’ve heard. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m American so the idea of the government saying no to a name is so foreign to me. A person naming a child San Diego wouldn’t even be close to the worst name I’ve heard. 

Same with me. I have heard some unusual names over the years. 

• Upvote 4

Think of all the Brooklyns.  (Or Brook Lynne) Not to mention Dakota.  Ashlee Simpson named her kid Bronx Mowgli.  

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly, I didn't think it was that bad either. But yeah, Germans love rules *lol*.
Otoh, I take comfort in the fact that some kids get spared from the worst ideas their parents could come up with. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Alex Andrea

Jo Anna

Chris Topher

Anna Lise

Will Liam

Isa Bella

Lan Don

Bri Elle

Abi Gail

Juli Anna

Ella Nora

Fin Lee

Max Well

I think I just found Chel’s  pick for a boy:

Max Well Maxwell. It goes well with Axton Maxwell, and keeps the theme of having an X in the name (Eliot Rex)

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Alex Andrea

Jo Anna

Chris Topher

Anna Lise

Will Liam

Isa Bella

Lan Don

Bri Elle

Abi Gail

Juli Anna

Ella Nora

Fin Lee

Max Well

Back in the 80s, there was a 4-year-old boy in my area who tragically drowned(was walking on a frozen lake behind his house and the ice gave way)who was named Wes Le.

• Sad 6

4 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Back in the 80s, there was a 4-year-old boy in my area who tragically drowned(was walking on a frozen lake behind his house and the ice gave way)who was named Wes Le.

That’s so sad. I suppose Lee is an easy one to do a broken up name. Wes Lee, Ash Lee, Carl Lee, Kay Lee, Stan Lee (yes I know who he is).

• Upvote 3

That’s the reason I remember the incident so well.  Wes Le is very distinctive.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I know of a family with the last name Lee that named their daughter Emma. Emma Lee. I thought it was cute. It’s a little gimmicky but at least it’s a real name. 

• Upvote 4

I saw Children of the Corn at much too young an age and, while I don't remember much of the movie now, the name Malachi has always creeped me out as it was the name one of the scary children.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s so sad. I suppose Lee is an easy one to do a broken up name. Wes Lee, Ash Lee, Carl Lee, Kay Lee, Stan Lee (yes I know who he is).

There’s this movie, A Time to Kill, (it’s pretty good, great cast). Anyway one of the main character’s first name is ‘Carl Lee’ and every time I hear it my brain goes to ‘Carly.’

• Upvote 1

Going with the split names, I have a relative: Linc N with no middle name, just the initial

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

14 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Going with the split names, I have a relative: Linc N with no middle name, just the initial

Same for Presidents Harry S. Truman, (the ‘S’ was a tribute to his grandads) and Ulysses S. Grant. Though in Grant’s case he was born Hiram Ulysses Grant and a mixup when he was entering West Point led to his new name. (Which apparently he preferred because he didn’t like that his birth name initials spelt ‘hug’).

• Upvote 4

I know I have a bunch of babies to add to the list but I’m hoping if I wait long enough I can add them all at once.

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 5

10 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Micah and Kya Jeub are having baby #2 in December, per her Instagram. 

Didn’t she have a very difficult pregnancy with her first? 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Didn’t she have a very difficult pregnancy with her first? 

Yea, she had ulcerative colitis while pregnant and now has an ostomy bag. From what I read it’s not contraindicated to get pregnant with and ostomy but I imagine it at least very uncomfortable. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic