IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 20: So Many Babies, So Many Spirits to Crush

Bethella

On 8/5/2021 at 12:16 AM, caitrona said:

This is going to show my age in long-ago interwebz phenomena, but this reminds me of the kooky couple who named their daughter with so many middle names that her initials spelled P.A.R.A.D.O.X.I.C.A.L . ?? And they were all "the gubmint is trying to keep us down!!11!" when the birth certificate people were like "um, no".  And then they went full nutters and she tried to give him a home vasectomy on the kitchen table or something? Anyways.  

I remember that! They called her Pandora! 

ETA: I seem to remember that being on Live Journal, wow, a blast from the past! Also, wasn't that around the time that Emily and Life of Dna were around? 

Edited by MissPhryneFisher
  • Upvote 1

On 8/4/2021 at 11:16 PM, caitrona said:

This is going to show my age in long-ago interwebz phenomena, but this reminds me of the kooky couple who named their daughter with so many middle names that her initials spelled P.A.R.A.D.O.X.I.C.A.L . ?? And they were all "the gubmint is trying to keep us down!!11!" when the birth certificate people were like "um, no".  And then they went full nutters and she tried to give him a home vasectomy on the kitchen table or something? Anyways.  

I have never heard of this. I dug around some and found the parents’ Livejournal:

https://paradoxal.livejournal.com/?skip=80 

For those wondering P.A.R.A.D.O.X.I.C.A.L. stands for -

Pandora Astraea Radagast Annextiomarus Dalía Ondine Xeziriq Amethyst L. 

That’s just… wow. Reminds me of this scene from The Producers.

https://clip.cafe/the-producers-2005/ulla-inga-hansen-bensen-yonsen-tallen-hallen-svaden-svanson/ 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Thank You 3

Rachel Wissmann Busenitz just shared that she lost a baby girl at about 17/18 weeks this past week. She hadn’t shared anything about the pregnancy until now. In January she had lost a baby boy at 15 weeks and found out on her 19 week ultrasound. I feel so bad for her, two 2nd trimester losses in about 7 months. She also struggled with infertility for years before having her 3 kids. She’s 39 and her husband 49, maybe their age is affecting their pregnancies. I’m not sure how it all works though. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Sad 40

P.A.R.A.D.O.X.A.L would be 13 now. She had a younger sister called C.E.L.E.S.T.I.A.L or Cleopatra Elektra Luna Eris Skytten Thunder Isis Ananke L. (thank you FJ search function). 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Thank You 1

My memory of the Courtney timeline was that she said they'd wanted 12 kids but with Charis' special needs and difficult birth, they might only have the 11. I'm not on IG though, so maybe I missed her sharing a birth story where the doctor encouraged her to wait. I guess it is kind of waiting a bit for her? Continued good thoughts for baby Charis' development.

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2021 at 4:10 PM, MissPhryneFisher said:

I remember that! They called her Pandora! 

ETA: I seem to remember that being on Live Journal, wow, a blast from the past! Also, wasn't that around the time that Emily and Life of Dna were around? 

Yes! With her crock pot "pizza" horror.

On 8/9/2021 at 1:34 PM, mango_fandango said:

P.A.R.A.D.O.X.A.L would be 13 now. She had a younger sister called C.E.L.E.S.T.I.A.L or Cleopatra Elektra Luna Eris Skytten Thunder Isis Ananke L. (thank you FJ search function). 

WOW. I guess kitchen table vasectomy didn't work? That's .... wow. 

I just caught up on the names and I'm surprised no one mentioned the fourth extremely common middle name used in the '60s and early 70s- Sue. I knew more Jennifer Sues than what I should admit.

And my parents blew my middle name. Starting with my great great grandfather, there were four generations whose names were one syllable with a long a, and Mae was one of them. My dad's name followed the pattern but mine didn't. My aunt gave her all the starter a long a middle name but she didn't have kids.

Despite years of reading Courtney Rogers' "X under X" instagram tags, it somehow never occurred to me that none of her soon-to-be 12 children have hit their teens yet. 

Her current pregnancy is due in early 2022, and her eldest turns 12 in March. Depending on the birth date of the newest, she may manage to have it while Clint is still technically 11. Which is nuts. But it is even more bonkers to me that she will then have a dozen children for a full year before she has her first teen.

Courtney and her husband have moved the goalposts on their intended family size several times over the years, though interestingly, I don't think she's ever claimed that they are open to "however many god sends" or similar. It's always been a firm, usually even number. However, I strongly believe that she will succumb to the urge to have another baby after C12, and that will inevitably lead to C13 & C14.

As is tradition with a Courtney pregnancy in the works, I officially submit the following names:

(Girl) Callista, Cammie/Camille, Cassie

(Boy) Cord/Cort, Clem, Cam, Creed, Clyde 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

Despite years of reading Courtney Rogers' "X under X" instagram tags, it somehow never occurred to me that none of her soon-to-be 12 children have hit their teens yet. 

Her current pregnancy is due in early 2022, and her eldest turns 12 in March. Depending on the birth date of the newest, she may manage to have it while Clint is still technically 11. Which is nuts. But it is even more bonkers to me that she will then have a dozen children for a full year before she has her first teen.

Courtney and her husband have moved the goalposts on their intended family size several times over the years, though interestingly, I don't think she's ever claimed that they are open to "however many god sends" or similar. It's always been a firm, usually even number. However, I strongly believe that she will succumb to the urge to have another baby after C12, and that will inevitably lead to C13 & C14.

As is tradition with a Courtney pregnancy in the works, I officially submit the following names:

(Girl) Callista, Cammie/Camille, Cassie

(Boy) Cord/Cort, Clem, Cam, Creed, Clyde 

I'm largely sticking with my guesses from last time:

Cole, Carl, or Clyde for a boy
Cassie, Casey, or Carlee for a girl

Also she started using #11under11 before Caris was born, I'm sure she'll use #12under12 from now up until Clint turns 12.

• Upvote 4

I CAN'T believe that she doesn't have a Clyde.  So Clyde is my guess, with Crew in 2nd place.  For a girl, Cassie or Carlee.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I think typo? On her Instagram she still refers to being pregnant with #12 earlier today.

Actually, she's probably referring to the playdate.

• Thank You 2

She likely isn't aware of the possibility of multiples yet. Courtney usually announces/acknowledges at about the 6-8 week mark. That said, the instagram message is definitely a reference to the playdate. She gives the number and then mentions the pregnancy as an addition to the other 13. It sounds like they just had a couple of church friends over. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

On 8/3/2021 at 1:14 PM, fundiefan said:

And the only thing that was off about that was that she wasn't Lisa Marie because every single Lisa on the planet in the 70's & 80's  was Lisa Marie.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:20 PM, Topaz said:

*waves* Lisa Joanne here born early’80s. Does that mean I’m not from this planet? Might explain a few things.

I’m an alien too!  Lisa Rae vintage 1970.  But I have known at least a few dozen Lisa’s who were either Ann, Lynn, or Marie; and most of them have been Marie.  Ages ago, someone here linked the Social Security Dept’s name registry, and Lisa was the #1 girls name of the 60s, and #5 of the 70s.  And in those 20 years, 750k babies were named Lisa.  Growing up, I hated that I always knew so many other girls with my name, but I liked my middle name because I didn’t know anyone else with it (with any first name) until I was in college. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 8/3/2021 at 7:19 AM, tabitha2 said:

Waiting for some family  to think it’s so cute!1! And clever to use Jan  April  Mae and June for a girls. With some flower middle name to boot. 

The comedian Ralphie May (RIP - definitely NOT fundie), has a daughter named April June May and a son named August May.

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Madison Keyes had Bexley Mae on August 10th. She was 7 weeks early. 

What kind of name is Bexley? 

I am not all up to date on naming trends, but my automatic response to that is WTF?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

32 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I am not all up to date on naming trends, but my automatic response to that is WTF?

It’s a place name. I don’t normally mind place names. But some of them sound much better than others. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

We discussed the name earlier in the thread. We figured they chose it because it has an x and names with x’s and y’s seem to trend a lot lately in fundie/Mormon/conservative Christian land. 

I just noticed we’re at 21 pages,  I’ll try to get a new thread started tonight. 

• Upvote 5

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic