IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh&Anna 28:Does anyone wonder how many times JB has phoned up Mike Huckabee?

HerNameIsBuffy

Someone in the last thread (can't remember who, exactly) said they don't think we can call Anna an abuse victim because there's no evidence Josh abuses her. But frankly, with how fucked up their entire cult mentality is, I think it's more likely than not that Josh does abuse Anna, and I would have to see evidence to prove that he doesn't. This doesn't mean no one can criticize Anna, because I do understand the criticism, but I think it's crazy to think that because Anna Stepford-smiles her way through life, that Josh is somehow a good husband.

Also, when it comes to who should be held responsible for Josh's crimes: we could speculate about what Josh would be like if he had been raised differently all we want, but we should also acknowledge that people raised in the secular world are capable of committing these same exact crimes. And while it's an interesting thought experiment, it also doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things because he was raised how he was raised, he committed these crimes, and he needs to face some consequences. 

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 6

47 minutes ago, klabourdeth said:

Still trying to get caught up but anyone else think the family would try a treatment facility over a friend/family member for the third party?  Because wouldn’t such a thing help his case at least when it comes to sentencing?

Didn’t take the last time he was sent to Jesus jail

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

18 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

She dropped her civil lawsuit when her attorney dropped her after Josh supposedly proved he was in another state at the time of the alleged assault. 

Just editing to add that I think they had more than just Uber receipts as proof.  But I don't really want to go back and find out. 

I think I remember reading something about David Waller and one of the Staddon's, maybe Robert, got called as witness to show that he was at a Christian family conference during one of the liaisons as well. If I remember correctly, David and Priscilla Waller had posted a blog about Josh giving a speech at one of them in another part of the country on one of the dates she was claiming this happened.

Edit: Just a quick one, I am vaguely remembering the Josh Duggar lawsuit that was brought against him from her. 

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
Just adding
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I’m mostly caught up again since I had to go to work today. I only have one question for JB. Why has Josh been welcomed in the big house and Jill isn’t? Is wearing jeans and wanting to be paid for a lifetime of work really worse than what Josh has done? 

Apparently so. But Jill seems better off without them and hopefully therapy helps her grow.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Bipolardanicats said:

Apparently so. But Jill seems better off without them and hopefully therapy helps her grow.

Yes, Jill is better off, but how hurtful for her that leaving and cleaving and following her headship, JUST LIKE HER FATHER ADVOCATED FOR ALL HER LIFE, became the very thing that grossly affected her relationship with her family.

How confusing and hurtful to realize that your lying father is also conditional. How awful to know that if as a married adult you tried to live your own life, make your own family decisions and be autonomous, your control freak and money hoarding father would cut you out of the family’s life. 

Play by daddy’s rules, no matter what you do, you’re still accepted into the fold- it’s gotta sting, like a big, old slap in the face.

• Upvote 39
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 10

35 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I’m mostly caught up again since I had to go to work today. I only have one question for JB. Why has Josh been welcomed in the big house and Jill isn’t? Is wearing jeans and wanting to be paid for a lifetime of work really worse than what Josh has done? 

I don't think wearing pants has anything to do with it. Most of the Duggar women wear pants at least occasionally including, Jessa, Joy, Jill, Jinger, Lauren, Abbie, etc.

Wanting to paid is different, especially if there was a chance of a lawsuit.  Talking to people you're having legal matters is not a good idea, because it can jeopardize your stakes in the case. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't think wearing pants has anything to do with it. Most of the Duggar women wear pants at least occasionally including, Jessa, Joy, Jill, Jinger, Lauren, Abbie, etc.

Wanting to paid is different, especially if there was a chance of a lawsuit.  Talking to people you're having legal matters is not a good idea, because it can jeopardize your stakes in the case. 

Wanting to be paid and calling JB out on it? 

• Confused 1

I can't remember who and don't want to go back to look, but someone rather flippantly suggested all sex workers should just go into IT consultancy. I'm not a sex worker, and I don't know OPs background, so I don't want to speak over someone who has first hand experience there. But I do want to point out that I can barely look at a computer without breaking it. The last time I had a problem with a laptop I just bought a new one. That isn't a joke. My best guess for how to fix a phone, connect to the internet, or solve a problem is "turn it off and then on again?" or maybe "google it" on a good day. 

So IT is off the table for me as a natural choice. I could go ahead and get trained in tech, there are a variety of programs. They all cost money. Money some people don't have, and won't feasibly have for a long time (or even ever). 

Yeah, the sex work industry has many, many, many problems. They should all be taken seriously and addressed. But I found that comment to be disturbingly condescending almost immediately after a discussion that sex workers should be given the autonomy to enter and exit the field as they like, the social supports to be able to care for themselves and their families regardless, and the respect to be spoken to as peers and equals rather than people in need of saving.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

1 minute ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I can't remember who and don't want to go back to look, but someone rather flippantly suggested all sex workers should just go into IT consultancy.

That seems to be a standard reply for anyone...I have NO talent or ability in that field. NONE. My IT problems are usually resolved by calling one of my kids. My field is a very narrow niche field and it's damn hard to find a job. Fortunately I can get by with occasional freelance jobs and teaching part time. HOWEVER, at one time in my life I did use my body to make a living. I had kids to support, an X husband who refused to pay child support and well, my kids needed to be fed, clothed and housed. I did what I had to do to take care of my responsibilities. Even now, I'm up against a wall with certain choices I should never have made and if I have to, I'll do it again. Yeah, I think it's bullshit that there aren't enough safety nets in place, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Nobody held a gun to my head and made me do it, but living in a minivan when my kids deserved better although my X was a fucking douche bag kinda made my choice simple. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

Random comment - friend of mine from college worked on the hill for ... ten ish years? She was very familiar with Pennsylvania politicians, specifically Santorum.

Apparently the second that the original allegations came out, Rick blocked all calls from JB and Josh and ordered his staff to refuse calls, visits, or anything else from any Duggar for any reason.

I still think ol’ Frothy is a giant turd but he’s at least making it very clear he wants nothing to do with them anymore. Too bad Huckabee won’t make the same choice.

• Upvote 27
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

That seems to be a standard reply for anyone...I have NO talent or ability in that field. NONE. My IT problems are usually resolved by calling one of my kids. My field is a very narrow niche field and it's damn hard to find a job. Fortunately I can get by with occasional freelance jobs and teaching part time. HOWEVER, at one time in my life I did use my body to make a living. I had kids to support, an X husband who refused to pay child support and well, my kids needed to be fed, clothed and housed. I did what I had to do to take care of my responsibilities. Even now, I'm up against a wall with certain choices I should never have made and if I have to, I'll do it again. Yeah, I think it's bullshit that there aren't enough safety nets in place, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Nobody held a gun to my head and made me do it, but living in a minivan when my kids deserved better although my X was a fucking douche bag kinda made my choice simple. 

These days I just ask my fiance. Before that, it was my dad or my brother. Or a roommate I had a few years back who was decent at that stuff. But yeah, I accidentally set a tv on fire once. Don't ask. I am not bound for IT jobs.

P.S. I need an update on your pup (was the name... Sadie? Sophie? Something like that? I could be making that up but I distinctly remember you having a cute dog!)

Final thought for the moment: I don't really believe anything WOACB says... but I do desperately want to know who/if any among the siblings doesn't believe Josh is innocent.

Edited by OrchidBlossom
to ask about pup
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Random comment - friend of mine from college worked on the hill for ... ten ish years? She was very familiar with Pennsylvania politicians, specifically Santorum.

Apparently the second that the original allegations came out, Rick blocked all calls from JB and Josh and ordered his staff to refuse calls, visits, or anything else from any Duggar for any reason.

I still think ol’ Frothy is a giant turd but he’s at least making it very clear he wants nothing to do with them anymore. Too bad Huckabee won’t make the same choice.

And after they campaigned for Santorum, too? ??

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

Sadie Mae. She's 8 months old now...about 65 pounds and is slowly outgrowing her destructive phase. She's still adorable, cuddly, affectionate and an occasional PITA. She's an unbelievably good girl while I'm working, she has a blanket behind my desk that is "her spot". She's stopped tormenting the cats ever since Leia did a number on her snout. I guess Leia decided "I'm old (she's almost 7), I'm fat, I'm tired of this pup's crap and I'm done". She's 100% housebroken too. Still crated if I'm going to be gone for more than an hour and overnight though. She has a blanket in her crate, takes her toys in there and settles right down. The picture was taken the 15th...Her chair, her spot, she doesn't fit very well anymore

725788609_IMG_07401.JPG

? I am obsessed

• Love 7

1 hour ago, klabourdeth said:

Still trying to get caught up but anyone else think the family would try a treatment facility over a friend/family member for the third party?  Because wouldn’t such a thing help his case at least when it comes to sentencing?

I made a similar suggestion, not just because they might think it would help with sentencing but because it would be a way around the problem of “who will supervise him?”  If the director or one of the head people in one of the Jesus rehabs took responsibility for supervising him, the Duggars might feel it would look better, and they might actually believe it would be better for Josh.

I don’t know if such an arrangement would be acceptable to the court, nor do I know if there is a Jesus rehab in Arkansas that would go along with this plan.

But it would make sense given the past history of the family. ??‍♀️

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Sadie Mae. She's 8 months old now..

Oh my her coloring is beautiful.  Such a cutie!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

42 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Sadie Mae. She's 8 months old now...about 65 pounds and is slowly outgrowing her destructive phase. She's still adorable, cuddly, affectionate and an occasional PITA. She's an unbelievably good girl while I'm working, she has a blanket behind my desk that is "her spot". She's stopped tormenting the cats ever since Leia did a number on her snout. I guess Leia decided "I'm old (she's almost 7), I'm fat, I'm tired of this pup's crap and I'm done". She's 100% housebroken too. Still crated if I'm going to be gone for more than an hour and overnight though. She has a blanket in her crate, takes her toys in there and settles right down. The picture was taken the 15th...Her chair, her spot, she doesn't fit very well anymore

725788609_IMG_07401.JPG

I LOVE her coloring! You don't see many brindles these days.

• Upvote 4

My predictions based on absolutely nothing:

1) Josh will never plead guilty even if strongly advised by counsel.

2) Josh was making money somehow off these crimes.

3) His first prison tatts will be on his eyelids: "Mom" on the left and "Dad" on the right.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 13
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

My predictions based on absolutely nothing:

1) Josh will never plead guilty even if strongly advised by counsel.

2) Josh was making money somehow off these crimes.

3) His first prison tatts will be on his eyelids: "Mom" on the left and "Dad" on the right.

For the tattoos, I'm willing to bet a Jesus Fish would be an option.  Maybe with a little "D" in the middle for Duggar. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I can't remember who and don't want to go back to look, but someone rather flippantly suggested all sex workers should just go into IT consultancy. I'm not a sex worker, and I don't know OPs background, so I don't want to speak over someone who has first hand experience there. But I do want to point out that I can barely look at a computer without breaking it. The last time I had a problem with a laptop I just bought a new one. That isn't a joke. My best guess for how to fix a phone, connect to the internet, or solve a problem is "turn it off and then on again?" or maybe "google it" on a good day. 

So IT is off the table for me as a natural choice. I could go ahead and get trained in tech, there are a variety of programs. They all cost money. Money some people don't have, and won't feasibly have for a long time (or even ever). 

Yeah, the sex work industry has many, many, many problems. They should all be taken seriously and addressed. But I found that comment to be disturbingly condescending almost immediately after a discussion that sex workers should be given the autonomy to enter and exit the field as they like, the social supports to be able to care for themselves and their families regardless, and the respect to be spoken to as peers and equals rather than people in need of saving.

Yup - not to mention how inherently classist *and* misogynistic it is to suggest/imply (as that post did) that only work commonly done by rich men was worth aspiring to or respecting. Very few jobs reliably meet that sort of criteria, and most are not really within reach for those without certain means to begin with. By that line of thinking, schoolteachers,  nursing assistants, caregivers, and social workers are all basically trash, since they’re more often underpaid and female than not. 

All work deserved to be treated with dignity and respect. If someone wouldn’t ever want to do a certain job themselves, that’s fine, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t serve a purpose.

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I predict a guilty plea, the process is just too terrible to go through and costly, and risky.  I predict Anna will stay so her kids will still have his "umbrella" even if he can't see them. She will also get a special. He will get out in time for them to have one more blessing.  The world us really just that f ed up.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 7

13 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

For the tattoos, I'm willing to bet a Jesus Fish would be an option.  Maybe with a little "D" in the middle for Duggar. 

That reminds me of a car decal I saw in my synagogue parking lot. Jesus fish with the word “Gefilte” inside 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 39
  • Love 1

I’ve made it to DuggarTok. Take it with a grain of salt yadayadayada, but the comment section of this tiktok video has some juicy details about the family by people who claim to be from the Duggar’s town. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeV6jw4Y/ 

Run if you see them in a restaurant because they’re rude, one of the married girls was allegedly seen making out with her guy pre marriage while claiming they waited til marriage for that, they passed out autographed pictures while shopping, someone ‘confirming’ Anna’s older sister doesn’t like the Duggar’s, etc. I just found it interesting, and wanted people to know Duggar hate/snark has made it to tiktok, which I personally find is the most enjoyable social media. 

Edited by FleeJanaFree
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

6 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I’ve made it to DuggarTok. Take it with a grain of salt yadayadayada, but the comment section of this tiktok video has some juicy details by people who claim to be from the Duggar’s town. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeV6jw4Y/ 

Run if you see them in a restaurant because they’re rude, one of the married girls was allegedly seen making out with her guy pre marriage, they passed out autographed pictures while shopping, someone ‘confirming’ Anna’s older sister doesn’t like the Duggar’s, etc. I just found it interesting, and wanted people to know Duggar hate/snark has made it to tiktok, which I personally find is the most enjoyable social media. 

Jessa, supposedly. Don't know if I buy it but I do enjoy Duggartok content.

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic