IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

The biggest mystery of all.

Me and Mr. Music both work full time and try to not live over-budget. We have a very reasonable rent and don't own a car, we use the commute instead, (which is well develop thank goodness, because we live in the city.) I admit, we are comfortable enough to be afford most thing we want when we do groceries, but even so, our most excentric expense is maybe seafood once a week, which is a bit pricey here. But despise all of that, we can't offer ourselves plane tickets and traveling expense every 3 months like Lawson does.

I don't get it.

Well, he does not pay rent as far as I am aware. Or groceries. He probably is not putting tons of money aside for retirement or paying for certain insurances. He doesn’t have a mortgage, and no upkeep or insurances around property. I think some of his flight travels are done via private planes of friends and family. He still owns or sold his lawn business. His music provides him with some money. Every cent he owns he can spend completely on himself. He doesn’t buy expensive clothes from what I have seen. Probably doesn’t pay for one or several subscriptions like Netflix. I guess he is still on a family plan regarding his phone.

If you could put all your earnings into clothes, eating out and travel you could probably afford the same (depending on price of clothes and price of restaurants).

It will be interesting if they are able to keep that up once they live on their own and when the first babies arrive.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

38 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Umm. white male or not, he can't fly if an airline requires proof of vaccination. He can't enter a foreign country if they require vaccination. He can't go to plays or sporting events if you have to show your vaccine card. He certainly enjoys privileges of being a white male, but that privilege doesn't mean he gets to ignore public health rules.

Our local theatres and coffee shops require you to show your vaccine card (or a photo) before entering. They don't make exceptions for the likes of Lawson

You mean you don't see the exceptions happening. That doesn't mean they don't exist. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

https://www.amazon.com/Unlikely-Disciple-Semester-Americas-University/dp/0446178438

This is an interesting book about Liberty University. It's been a long time since I read it, but I remember how the writer (a heathen from a secular university who attended LU for a semester) was obliged to attend a class on young Earth creationism and how the "professor" told the students that he is a real scientist...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Well he posted. They are in Rome. The fuckers. SO jealous. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Well he posted. They are in Rome. The fuckers. SO jealous. 

It is frustrating watching these people who probably fund at least some of their constantly on vacation lifestyle with money from the cult go on another fabulous trip. I keep telling myself that hopefully one day their wholesome family brand will crumble just like the Duggars.

• Upvote 22
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

hopefully one day their wholesome family brand will crumble just like the Duggars.

Hey universe, are you listening?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It is frustrating watching these people who probably fund at least some of their constantly on vacation lifestyle with money from the cult go on another fabulous trip. I keep telling myself that hopefully one day their wholesome family brand will crumble just like the Duggars.

I mean as far as we know, none of th Bates boys is a sexual predator so big difference.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, meep said:

You mean you don't see the exceptions happening. That doesn't mean they don't exist. 

They let unvaxed white males violate federal and international law?  Interesting. I'd love to see your link that shows this. The white men I know have rolled up their sleeves like everyone else.

In fact, they lose their jobs if they don't.  They certainly aren't getting a free pass.

I'm as angry as you are about the privileges men (particularly white men) enjoy. But I'm not angry enough to make stuff up. 

10 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean as far as we know, none of th Bates boys is a sexual predator so big difference.

The Duggars wouldn’t be wholesome even without Josh being a sexual predator. The Bates are unwholesome based on their beliefs and actions. This family is unethical and shady as hell. Though I suspect most of their scandals involve covering up abuse in the cult and being hypocrites who let the sons get away with whatever while making sure the daughters are married and pregnant fairly young. Lawson straight up lied once in an attempt to convince his followers his family wasn’t involved with the Gothard abuse cover up. I’m sure the whole family is well trained in how to lie to protect their image. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Maybe so, but Gil is part of the board of directors of IBLP that helped cover up Bill Gothards abuses.  He also sent his teenage daughters to work with Gothard by themselves.  At that point there had been reports of Bill's abuse of girls in similar positions.  If his daughters were ok, it's not because Gil was careful.  Just because none of the boys are sexual predators doesn't mean they have any real issue with people who sexually assault others.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Oh I am not calling the Bates wholesome. They are defintirly hypocrite and have dangerous, ugly beliefs. I was just pointing out that as far as we know they aren't hiding a ticking time bomb like the Duggars were.

Edited by CanadianMamam

43 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

They let unvaxed white males violate federal and international law?  Interesting. I'd love to see your link that shows this. The white men I know have rolled up their sleeves like everyone else.

In fact, they lose their jobs if they don't.  They certainly aren't getting a free pass.

I'm as angry as you are about the privileges men (particularly white men) enjoy. But I'm not angry enough to make stuff up. 

Just my personal opinion. Not a verifiable fact. But I admit I'm biased, being an ethnic minority so I always assume the worst and don't have total trust in the government. I'm not trying to "make things up," I just want to point out it's not a ridiculous notion for these things to be happening and people just not seeing it in plain sight. My comment wasn't "against" you. 

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Their photographer friends are with them too. 

13D62EED-02EA-4439-96F9-3F9148122863.png

I don't know who those people are but I seriously thought that was Jermy for a second!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Oh I am not calling the Bates wholesome. They are defintirly hypocrite and have dangerous, ugly beliefs. I was just pointing out that as far as we know they aren't hiding a ticking time bomb like the Duggars were.

Their ticking time bomb is a cult that spent decades abusing people. There is a lot of really bad stuff that went on and Gil and Kelly were part of the group that launched an investigation into the abuse, but wouldn't let anyone see the results. People just have to take their word no abuse was uncovered. They very much are sitting on a time bomb of covering up abuse, teaching abusive behavior themselves and sending their own daughters to travel out of the country with a guy who was known to have a thing for young teen girls.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, meep said:

I am sure exceptions are made. But I highly doubt that some unknown wanna be celebrity, with his attitude and US American will get special treatment. Or rather there might be special treatment but not the kind he wishes for.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

So I was assuming all these people were anti-vaxx? Did they quarantine for two weeks before entering Italy? Did they provide a vaccination passport? As I read the requirements--they have to present proof of vaccination OR a medical note saying they are within the time frame of recovering from covid...and if they don't/won't provide either paper, they must isolate for five days after arrival. I'd be interested to know what protocols these MAGAs are following. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

@FaithAndReason as I’ve said upthread, there are Covid test flights operating from the US  where you can get tested before the flight and then on arrival at Rome. If you are negative then you don’t have to quarantine. Given Lawson’s anti vaxx stance I expect they did this and it was what made them decide on Rome- he probably googled ‘where can an unvaxxed idiot go without quarantine’.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I read a story today about a fully vaccinated couple from the US not needing to test to enter a European country but being required to in order to return. One or both tested positive so they had to stay another week or so.

Whatever their vaccination status, they will likely need to test negative to return to the US. I hope they’re not stupid enough to break quarantine rules if they end up in that situation.

• Upvote 6

53 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

I read a story today about a fully vaccinated couple from the US not needing to test to enter a European country but being required to in order to return. One or both tested positive so they had to stay another week or so.

Whatever their vaccination status, they will likely need to test negative to return to the US. I hope they’re not stupid enough to break quarantine rules if they end up in that situation.

I read about a U.S. couple in a similar situation in Greece. At that point, the Greek government managed their quarantine (hotel, food, etc.) If the Italian authorities know that Lawson and/or Tiffany are covid positive, I think the authorities would also be involved in the quarantine process and not let them run off for ten more days of site seeing.

• Upvote 2

Good luck going anywhere indoors - museums, restaurants, cafes, etc- without proof of being vaccinated, and even then. I had my US paper vaccine card and had to show it everywhere in Milan last August, and even then a few places questioned it because it was not an EU green pass (even though the official guidance was that the US vax card was accepted). I was able to go everywhere I needed to, but it was not always an immediate process. Unless they plan on being outdoors 100% of the time, they're for sure vaxxed. 

• Upvote 9

18 hours ago, artdecades said:

Their photographer friends are with them too. 

13D62EED-02EA-4439-96F9-3F9148122863.png

Kelly and Gil are in Rome too...news from Tiffany stories. They talk about Kelly birthday but I couln't understand everything it's too noisy around me.

• Upvote 7

Definitely a proposal if his parents are there. At least he had the decency to not propose at his brother's wedding.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic