IGNORED

Lawson 5: Lawson Bates. No Mask. No Vaccine. (Failing) Country Music Singer.

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

Rome is an interesting destination. Not gonna lie, I'm kind of jealous. I'd love to visit again so bad!!

The thing is... Rome is like the Catholic capital of the world, so I'm a bit surprised. Even if you don't visit the Vatican per se, the Papal crest is... very present. 😆 It's also paradise for ancient history lovers, but Lawson and Tyff never struck me as such. I guess they'll enjoy the great food and beauty of the city. I know I certainly would.

Jessa and Ben Seewald went to Rome on their honeymoon I think.

I also find is surprising. At least half of the sightseeing places are Catholic Churches.

• Upvote 4

To enter Italy you either need an acceptable form of vaccine proof (don’t know about US but UK appointment cards are no good, you have to download the proper pass and this is accepted as the equivalent of the EU green pass). If you can’t prove vaccination you have to have proof of a negative test 48 hours before travel, private transport to your hotel and then isolate for 5 days - assuming a hotel will accept you.

They either have accommodation booked with like minded idiots or they have been vaccinated. 

• Upvote 6

Actually I have just seen that some airlines are running Covid tested flights to Rome from JFK. You have to test 2 days before, at the airport and then on arrival. I expect they are doing this.

• Upvote 10

That would be a bit of a waste, going to Rome and then self-isolating for 5 days. They'd be better off going somewhere in the US. Doubt they've been vaccinated. 

I kinda hope they break their isolation and get a giant fine. 

Alternatively, they have been vaccinated, but they are justifying it like "well we are not doing it for SCIENCE, but for TRAVEL, so we are still anti-vaccine, but pro-Rome, so it doesn't really count"

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 7

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Jessa and Ben Seewald went to Rome on their honeymoon I think.

I also find is surprising. At least half of the sightseeing places are Catholic Churches.

And Rome is full of naked statuary!  Nike!!*

[including Nike! statues of the actual Nike]

If Lawson goes to Rome, I feel 150% certain that he will take douchey posed photos with gladiator cosplayers in front of the Coliseum.  And he will also post about Christians being eaten by lions there.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

That would be a bit of a waste, going to Rome and then self-isolating for 5 days. They'd be better off going somewhere in the US. Doubt they've been vaccinated. 

I kinda hope they break their isolation and get a giant fine. 

Alternatively, they have been vaccinated, but they are justifying it like "well we are not doing it for SCIENCE, but for TRAVEL, so we are still anti-vaccine, but pro-Rome, so it doesn't really count"

I mean I think they got vaccinated before they went to Hawaii.

1 minute ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean I think they got vaccinated before they went to Hawaii.

Hawaii had the test and quarantine rules in lieu of the vaccine when they went there. I don’t know the Hawaii rule now. I don’t follow Lawson close enough to know if he’s spoken out against the vaccine or only spoken out in favor of “freedom.” But I don’t believe he’s ever stated that he hasn’t or will never get the vaccine. I assume he’s very careful to not lie, but to avoid the truth. In my opinion, he hasn’t gotten the vaccine. Maybe he had covid and is relying on his natural immunity. I think he’s one of the most dangerous of the Bateses because of his aspirations to be the next Kirk Cameron type of religious/political influencer.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I think Lawson responded either on Twitter or Instagram some months ago he wasn’t vaccinated and it looks like he is against any mandates that stop people getting seriously ill 🙄.

If they are going to Italy they are probably using one of the Covid test flights to avoid quarantine. I have to say that after a transatlantic flight, swabbing my nostrils and waiting for the result would be the last thing I wanted to do but I,  sure our warriors will do it in the name of freedom.

I hope they manage not to be too ridiculous while in the beautiful city of Rome and I hope he’s left his cop badge/gun at home.

• Upvote 5

Maybe they're going to vegas to elope and then stay at the Venetian hotel to ride gondolas for a honeymoon?????????

Edited by theotherelise
it's sarcasm fyi
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5

I find it far more likely that Lawson would have a forged vaccine card than actually get vaxxed.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Where the hell is he getting the money to go to Rome? What does he even do? What job does he have? Does he make money off his Instagram? Fundie finances the great mystery...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Lawson definitely said in an insta comment that he wasn't vaccinated and didn't wear a mask a few months ago.  He's a total covidiot. 

• Upvote 9

On 10/21/2021 at 5:42 PM, nolongerIFBx said:

HAC and Liberty are worlds apart. Liberty is considered almost as bad as a secular college, maybe worse for calling themselves Christians but living just like everyone else (according to IFBs). HAC is IFBX only and Liberty is evangelical so I think any Christian sect would do. I can't see the application to see if you even have to indicate that you hold to a faith where for HAC (IIRC) you have to have your IFBX pastor recommend you as a saved, separated, sanctified, soul-winning, KJV only, on-fire, pulpit pounding, hard-preaching, etc., etc., etc. to be allowed in.

I understand that; I used to dream of Bob Jones when I was 11. But you are talking theology and internal nonsense. I am talking academics. Liberty U is not an academically rigorous. I would not consider anyone who gets a degree at Liberty educated in a true sense because schools like Liberty teach you what to think not how to think.  You do not have to have a pile of degrees to be educated - education in the purest form is about curiosity and openness to learning. Liberty is the opposite- it is creating the ideologues not fostering intellects. Someone whose education does not go beyond the philosophy of Liberty may have a degree but I would argue their education is limited.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dbm said:

too much compliments 

Reveal hidden contents

121349114_Screenshot2021-10-23at8_00_29pm.png.51e1e7230f13f58201447d84cae0eca6.png

Reveal hidden contents

1639061711_Screenshot2021-10-23at8_00_38pm.png.31d4ae5a17998b8508aeee184d5fc4e4.png

Reveal hidden contents

123914180_Screenshot2021-10-23at8_00_58pm.png.971f493b3dc58c3134f677f874d7150b.png

Tiff's obsessed with the Big Bates Machine, lol. Half the time Lawson looks like he's "playing boyfriend" to her, but she genuinely wants to be part of his family...

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Lawson & Tiffany are actually headed to Rome, IT. Engagement is imminent. They have a videographer coming with them as well. Isn't she in the middle of a school semester? Really shows how rigorous Liberty's master programs are.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I find it so interesting that they would do the test and quarantine method, because they've just gone to a wedding with several hundred people who weren't wearing masks, travelled from all over, and the majority were likely not also vaccinated.

You'd think if you had plans to visit Italy (likely for a big romantic engagement) you wouldn't jeopardize everything.

I'm looking forward to his complaints when Italy doesn't let him out of his hotel room for several weeks.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I find it so interesting that they would do the test and quarantine method, because they've just gone to a wedding with several hundred people who weren't wearing masks, travelled from all over, and the majority were likely not also vaccinated.

You'd think if you had plans to visit Italy (likely for a big romantic engagement) you wouldn't jeopardize everything.

I'm looking forward to his complaints when Italy doesn't let him out of his hotel room for several weeks.

I don’t believe in Khama, but if they test positive and it ruins their trip, I would think they got what they deserved. 

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 9

@Kangaroo. They won’t have to quarantine if they do a Covid test flight- which are available to Rome. They’ll have to test 2 days before, then at the airport and then when they arrive at Rome airport.

Italian venues may well insist on masks and vaccine proof, so there’s still ample opportunities for Lawson to act like an entitled arsehole.

• Upvote 6

I still think Lawson is secretly vaccinated because he likes travelling and restaurants too much to give them up, but that he will deny it 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I still think Lawson is secretly vaccinated because he likes travelling and restaurants too much to give them up, but that he will deny it 

I think he’s an overprivileged white male who is used to getting his way. I bet he is not vaccinated and has come across very few problems with being unvaccinated. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 10/22/2021 at 6:48 PM, WiseGirl said:

Where the hell is he getting the money to go to Rome? What does he even do? What job does he have? Does he make money off his Instagram? Fundie finances the great mystery...

The biggest mystery of all.

Me and Mr. Music both work full time and try to not live over-budget. We have a very reasonable rent and don't own a car, we use the commute instead, (which is well develop thank goodness, because we live in the city.) I admit, we are comfortable enough to be afford most thing we want when we do groceries, but even so, our most excentric expense is maybe seafood once a week, which is a bit pricey here. But despise all of that, we can't offer ourselves plane tickets and traveling expense every 3 months like Lawson does.

I don't get it.

• Upvote 8

34 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think he’s an overprivileged white male who is used to getting his way. I bet he is not vaccinated and has come across very few problems with being unvaccinated. 

I definitely think he is an overpriviliged white male, but I also think he is hypocritical one who priortizes being able to go over where he wants and that he would totally get the vaccine while continuing to spout anyi-vax nonsense.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Umm. white male or not, he can't fly if an airline requires proof of vaccination. He can't enter a foreign country if they require vaccination. He can't go to plays or sporting events if you have to show your vaccine card. He certainly enjoys privileges of being a white male, but that privilege doesn't mean he gets to ignore public health rules.

Our local theatres and coffee shops require you to show your vaccine card (or a photo) before entering. They don't make exceptions for the likes of Lawson

On 10/21/2021 at 4:43 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

She is NOT necessarily educated. Her education is from an unaccredited fundie diploma mill online school that does not exactly demand academic rigor and instill critical thinking. 

Getting a degree does not mean one is educated just like not having a degree signals a lack of education.

Also, she is a Z list actress who has gotten more press from dating Lawson than she ever got from her career. 

She may not be well-educated, but she is unquestionably young and beautiful. Lawson is pretty much unemployable, in addition to being immature. I can't see any parent being happy with him as a potential son--in-law. I'm sure they know Tiffany could have her pick.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic