IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 18: Still Only A Single Arrow in the Quiver

nelliebelle1197

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But neither Josiah nor Jinger stopped displaying their kids until after TLC canceled the show, so no pass from me. As long as the easy money was rolling in, all the families readily monetized the kids. Even Jill takes freebies for her kids - none of them has an incentive to $how their kids, so now some of them are faking an interest in maintaining privacy-

Prior to them deleting all the pics of Bella, I’m pretty sure that he and Lauren hadn’t posted anything at all since Bella’s birthday last year, which is definitely before the show got cancelled. Jinger, despite not putting her kids’ faces on Instagram, does still post pics of them and has done promotions for children’s clothing using pics of her kids without their faces. I feel like that is just as bad because she’s still monetizing her kids. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Prior to them deleting all the pics of Bella, I’m pretty sure that he and Lauren hadn’t posted anything at all since Bella’s birthday last year, which is definitely before the show got cancelled. Jinger, despite not putting her kids’ faces on Instagram, does still post pics of them and has done promotions for children’s clothing using pics of her kids without their faces. I feel like that is just as bad because she’s still monetizing her kids. 

Are they posting anything anymore? And was Bella still a part of the show? If so, they were still monetizing her. Plus why stop posting photos if you’re still OK with her being filmed for the show? Makes no sense.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

still OK with her being filmed for the show

Is the show still being filmed? I thought it was cancelled.

7 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Is the show still being filmed? I thought it was cancelled.

No…I meant that if they Josiah Duggars had stopped posting photos of Bella before the show was cancelled because they were trying to protect Bella’s privacy, would they be OK with her being filmed for the show and broadcast on TV? Doesn’t make sense to me-

• Upvote 1

JB owns Josiah (employs him and gives him housing) so he had to film his child and post pictures. Period. Clearly they did and clearly they only did the bare minimum. I would say for reality TV participants with no autonomy that counted as giving their kids privacy. 
Who would have thought that one of the Duggar kids who hammed it up the most in the 19k&c days who seemed to love being on screen would be the most private now?

• Upvote 20

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Are they posting anything anymore? And was Bella still a part of the show? If so, they were still monetizing her. Plus why stop posting photos if you’re still OK with her being filmed for the show? Makes no sense.

I’m pretty sure the last time Bella was deliberately filmed was her birth special two years ago. The actual episode for her birth aired in August 2020 and the last episode of the show was only a month later according to Google, so she was only on the show for her birth. She’s popped up in the background of Jessa’s YouTube videos or recently in Carlin’s Instagram stories from Nathan Bates’ wedding, but that’s it. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

They're moving? Where was this announced?

Jesse said something in her last video, the one about going grocery shopping with all four kids, I don't think she said anything specific like a date or a period, just that they are moving soon(ish) 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

I don’t recognize the house in their latest picture of Ivy so maybe it already happened

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

I don’t recognize the house in their latest picture of Ivy so maybe it already happened

That's the Seewalds' house.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I don't think the kidults' choice to take their children off social media after Counting On was cancelled is necessarily cut-and-dry evidence that they were happy to ride the gravy train for as long as it was going; I think it more points to their dependence on JB and whatever project he happened to have going on. Part of that is his financial control over them; part of it is probably emotional/psychological. They might never have felt comfortable with it but did feel beholden to them.

I think since Counting On was cancelled, and particularly since these new Josh revelations, the status quo has dissolved a little. The kidults don't have to risk displeasing their parents by opting out of filming like Jill and Derick did; the choice has been made for them and now their public profile is dependent solely on their own social media, they can decide how much or little they are willing to work on it.

If the kidults all wanted an active public profile, they could have one. Jessa, Jinger, Joy and Jill do; the boys seem to tend not to. But then their brand of home improvements and relatable mom content is very much a female domain. Hopefully their brothers are busy earning an actual wage.

• Upvote 8

The financial arrangements interest me more than anything else. I do not trust any one of these folks, particularly JB where money is concerned. I don’t think they are above skirting the law where money is concerned, Jesus and Bible speak be d*mned.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

Josiah and Lauren have deleted most of their pictures from their ig. They only left one of both of them, the rest are pictures from before they announced their courtship (except the medic corps pic). At first they only took down pictures of Bella but now it’s almost everything

Spoiler

9A3A1D7E-645C-44B8-A40C-674DC0CFF6C5.thumb.jpeg.55c4dcf2784bd24ef381e138801d8657.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

Someone on Reddit said it looks like the posts Josiah made were kept and the ones Lauren made were taken down. I get taking down pics of Bella, but something else is going on. It might be a good something, but it's something. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

17 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Someone on Reddit said it looks like the posts Josiah made were kept and the ones Lauren made were taken down. I get taking down pics of Bella, but something else is going on. It might be a good something, but it's something. 

They basically left all of the pictures that Josiah had made before they were courting (pre 2018) + 1 pic of them holding hands and another of a medic corps missions. Definitely strange.They could’ve made the account private or just deleted it all together. I don’t see a good reason for them to  just leave some old pics.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

First duggar Divorce? 

Edited by AussieKrissy
He did delete all the majorie ones when she went the way of the wind. He did leave one of Lauren up though.
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

And I have seen other photos of Bella on IG in recent weeks. They were posts from other Duggars or friends with Birthday wishes for Bella- 

• Upvote 1

I think there is something odd about the way pictures are being deleted from the instagram account. I can understand the need for privacy but wouldn't most people just delete ALL the images and delete the account or just go private? Time to hop on board the speculation bus: 

1. maybe Josiah has political ambitions and they are scrubbing things in anticipation 

2. maybe TLC requires them to have a pubic presence or maybe JB wants them to stay public  and this is their way of fulfilling their obligations and minimizing the invasion of their privacy

3. maybe the fact the she deleted all her posts and left Josiah's might indicate there is trouble in that relationship 

4. maybe Lauren wants her own account -possibly because she is setting up a business 

5. maybe they are concerned about the publicity glare that will come with Josh's trial so they are scrubbing the account

6. maybe it is nothing 

• Upvote 19

I think she has a private account. It's been a long time, but, just before or just after Bella was born there were 2 accounts their normal account and then one I believe in her name.  Both were verified and the other one disappeared almost as soon as it appeared. I remember thinking it was odd and just figured she changed the name on it and took it private. Can you do that?

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, browngrl said:

I think there is something odd about the way pictures are being deleted from the instagram account. I can understand the need for privacy but wouldn't most people just delete ALL the images and delete the account or just go private? Time to hop on board the speculation bus: 

1. maybe Josiah has political ambitions and they are scrubbing things in anticipation 

2. maybe TLC requires them to have a pubic presence or maybe JB wants them to stay public  and this is their way of fulfilling their obligations and minimizing the invasion of their privacy

3. maybe the fact the she deleted all her posts and left Josiah's might indicate there is trouble in that relationship 

4. maybe Lauren wants her own account -possibly because she is setting up a business 

5. maybe they are concerned about the publicity glare that will come with Josh's trial so they are scrubbing the account

6. maybe it is nothing 

My first thought was #5.

#3 wouldn't surprise me either. 

I don't think it's nothing.

• Upvote 4

Did Pest try to blame Josiah for the CSA downloading? Maybe Lauren is not wanting to be associated with that if Josh goes "It was Josiah!" at the trial. I think it's trial related. 

• Upvote 4

Of the boys Josiah is the one most screwed over by Josh.

There's long been speculation that he was JB's least liked older boy.   While Joy has publicly said she was close to Joe and he brought her back to being Duggar Godly, Josiah is the sibling closest in age to her.  There is lots of early Duggar footage of the 3 of them playing together.  There was Josh +/- JD depending on if Josh was allowed with siblings or not.  The big girls, which Jinger was included in.  The middle 3, Joe, Josiah and Joy (not the girls or the older boys, not the little boys either).  Then the boy twins leading the howlers.  He would have as a small child seen the impact Josh's actions had on both the whole family and also on her.  And he was probably forgotten about, too young to understand, not a victim, but yet still watching the impact of bad things.

Then when public Joshgate 1.0 came out he was courting Marjorie and that relationship ended within a couple of weeks of Josh's deeds coming out.  The timing was too close to be unrelated, she or her family clearly hadn't known and then were shocked.  It must have had an impact on Josiah, both the breakdown of the relationship and also seeing people who he respected being shocked and reacting strongly to Josh.  (I assume he respected his girlfriend and her family, especially with how involved families are in their courting process).

He then went on to have a new relationship, and loose a baby, before finally having a daughter himself.  He is currently a father of a single female child.

Now Josh is back in trouble and its related to child abuse.

I have no idea what's going on his head or in Lauren's head.  But there's no way there isn't thinking go on, even if the thinking doesn't lead to change.  Josh's actions will have had a big impact on them.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 15

yeah, also the arrest happened around the time Bella was born, right? I feel I read somewhere, but not sure where on FJ, that it was speculated either Joseph or Josiah were tried to be set up as fall guys for josh. Which would've been in a week where both of them became first time fathers to a baby girl.

I'm a bit muddy on the details, so correct me if I am wrong..

But if I remember correctly, that fact would explain why either of them decided to not share pictures of their baby girl anymore. And even though I am not following Joe & Kendra on SM, afaik, they are not SUUUPER public either. I know that there are a couple of pictures, but not even close to the extent of other families (Jessa, Jill, Joy..) sharing pics. And I think Anna was strongely discouraged to post anything on SM, the announcement was probably done because it would've been obvious that she'd given birth soon enough, and she probably wanted to announce that on her own terms. But other than that, I believe her not posting is due to the lawyers telling her not to, not because she doesn't want to.

• Upvote 1

CSA was downloaded from Josh' desktop computer in May 2019. The car lot was raided in November 2019. Josiah became a father in November 2019, and so in May 2019 he was not with Lauren giving birth, which happened in November of that year. 

I am sure he has 100x stronger alibis than Josh, but Bella's birth happened in a separate month than the CSA downloading. 

• Thank You 3

yeah, I know, I meant the raid happened around the same time than the births.

And since Josh was quite chatty there.. Didn't he ask them if someone had downloaded cpa? I wouldn't put it past him to mention, casually, that his younger brother works there too.. I would have to look though old posts again, but I'm pretty sure speculation was that either Joe or Siah was the witness Josh blamed for it...

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic