Jump to content
IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 18: Still Only A Single Arrow in the Quiver


nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she is pregnant young and fundie and all. I do remember a little bit ago maybe at a bates wedding or something seeing a photo and body speculating she was early on in pregnancy. I can't remember the pic. I hope she has a happy and healthy pregnancy. If she is 

Even if she wasn’t fundie, that’s a pretty normal age spacing for planned babies. Probably a little less than 2 1/2 years. Enough for the older to be sleeping at night, (with luck)maybe out of diapers, able to communicate and understand simple things, walk alongside instead of having to be carried — but close enough to share the same toys, bedtimes, types of activities as they grow

I always thought that would be pretty ideal - but my kids are either farther or closer in spacing. 
 

* eta : obviously this varies by kid/ family, pluses and minuses to every sibling spacing, etc etc… 
 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So my new theory is that Lauren had the baby in late Oct or early Nov. I think Jatey’s gender reveal was filmed before the Reber/Keller wedding, yet she looked farther along at the gender reveal. It would make sense if she was newly postpartum at the wedding instead of being pregnant…that was also about when she started her IG deleting spree…🤔

  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So my new theory is that Lauren had the baby in late Oct or early Nov. I think Jatey’s gender reveal was filmed before the Reber/Keller wedding, yet she looked farther along at the gender reveal. It would make sense if she was newly postpartum at the wedding instead of being pregnant…that was also about when she started her IG deleting spree…🤔

Jim Bob’s election was after the wedding, and all the kids in the number of grandchildren he talked about are accounted for.

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

We went to church with a couple who had three daughters.  They decided to try one more time for a boy; she had triplet boys (who look nothing alike).

 

I met someone who did the same but with girls. She and her husband had two girls under 4, but she was in her upper 30s, so they decided to try once more for a boy (but would be fine with another girl). Ended up pregnant with triplet girls.

 

Edited by Mrs. Kravitz
Typed the same thing twice
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve no idea if Lauren is pregnant or not, but if she and Josiah have decided they and their child(ren) no longer want to be props in the JB/Michelle/Jana Duggar relaunch farce, then good for them.
Lauren may have seemed happy to join the Duggar circus, but discovering that it meant she had to keep quite about her miscarriage until they needed publicity trailers for a new season of the show and then going through a pregnancy having  to take part in ridiculous stunts to flog the dead horse that was Counting On and share what looked like a brutal labour and delivery could make her grow up very quickly, especially when they weren’t even being paid properly.

  • Upvote 39
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So one of the brothers is wearing a watch/fitbit and you can see the time, 6:47. It also looks like the date is either a 6 or 8, but it is really hard to tell, however looking at a calendar, the sun stated going down early than 6:47 by Mid-October, so this was probably taken on October 6-8th and she must have done the blood work test. 

Lauren was at Nate's wedding on October 22nd, but I don:t remember any bump commentary.Screenshot_20220108-181240.thumb.png.fe08f1b20385cee994ad0539f187c7fd.png

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ilovebrownies said:

anyone have the pic from the Reber wedding?

The cut of the dress is great for hiding a bump 

tumblr_787868a0f0c919e1058bef8c6db0bd18_6ae00645_250.png

  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

So one of the brothers is wearing a watch/fitbit and you can see the time, 6:47. It also looks like the date is either a 6 or 8, but it is really hard to tell, however looking at a calendar, the sun stated going down early than 6:47 by Mid-October, so this was probably taken on October 6-8th and she must have done the blood work test. 

Lauren was at Nate's wedding on October 22nd, but I don:t remember any bump commentary.Screenshot_20220108-181240.thumb.png.fe08f1b20385cee994ad0539f187c7fd.png

I noticed that too.  I tried enlarging it and couldn't make it out but I was pretty sure that the month was October. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was another picture posted with a different view where she looked pregnant. If she is and it certainly appears that way, I'm glad she's not popping them out like Pez and at least will have time to enjoy each child and share her time with them!

  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30 September 2021, the sun set 6:54 in Arkansas, so I am guessing it's not much later than that. Katey would have been 9 weeks. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Scoodilypoop said:

Just want to point out the following:

Many people here criticized Jana’s post after her child neglect charges were public, claiming that Jana deserved scrutiny because she put herself in the public eye. However, we are now carefully scrutinizing Lauren’s body and potential pregnancy/childbirth, despite the fact that she has removed herself from the public eye as much as she possibly could. 
 
Just something to think about…

I also think it's wrong on some level to be talking about this. Who his parents are and what they did isn't Josiah's fault. There definitely was a time that these two held themselves out in the public eye and I consider them to have been fair game throughout that time and up to when they did clearly and definitely take all steps they realistically could to remove themselves a few months ago.  I do think it's relevant that even before that though they were definitely NOT active at all on social media or in the press for over a year. While the mass delete seemed sudden because mass deletes are rare they were not trying to be in the public eye for some time before that.

 

If they genuinely and sincerely want to remove themselves from the public eye I truly and firmly believe they should be allowed to do so. I will take this all back if they do some opportunistic birth announcement in US Weekly but if they really want to live their lives privately I think they should be able to.

 

This does not in any way take away from the horror of their beliefs but as private individuals they have the same freedom as any other private individuals in America to believe what they want and worship how they want without the internet speculating if they are not publishing their beliefs publicly or trying to convert anyone to their way of thinking.

 

I do think things that are publically available information are fair to talk about and note. For instance Josiah's donation to Jim Bob's campaign information available to anyone with an internet connection and I think it's fine to talk about that. And if it becomes known she had a baby certainly it would be absurd to think no one can acknowledge that. But speculating on a pregnancy that, if real, they clearly do not want the public to know about, and feeling entitled to do so just because of who his parents are, feels kind of gross to me.

  • Upvote 31
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, breakfree said:

I also think it's wrong on some level to be talking about this. Who his parents are and what they did isn't Josiah's fault. There definitely was a time that these two held themselves out in the public eye and I consider them to have been fair game throughout that time and up to when they did clearly and definitely take all steps they realistically could to remove themselves a few months ago.  I do think it's relevant that even before that though they were definitely NOT active at all on social media or in the press for over a year. While the mass delete seemed sudden because mass deletes are rare they were not trying to be in the public eye for some time before that.

 

If they genuinely and sincerely want to remove themselves from the public eye I truly and firmly believe they should be allowed to do so. I will take this all back if they do some opportunistic birth announcement in US Weekly but if they really want to live their lives privately I think they should be able to.

 

This does not in any way take away from the horror of their beliefs but as private individuals they have the same freedom as any other private individuals in America to believe what they want and worship how they want without the internet speculating if they are not publishing their beliefs publicly or trying to convert anyone to their way of thinking.

 

I do think things that are publically available information are fair to talk about and note. For instance Josiah's donation to Jim Bob's campaign information available to anyone with an internet connection and I think it's fine to talk about that. And if it becomes known she had a baby certainly it would be absurd to think no one can acknowledge that. But speculating on a pregnancy that, if real, they clearly do not want the public to know about, and feeling entitled to do so just because of who his parents are, feels kind of gross to me.

While I agree with your overall comment, I think once a woman is clearly shown to be pregnant,  it’s ridiculous and lacking in any common sense to think that others shouldn’t discuss such. As an example, with the Wallers’ last pregnancy when Priscilla was shown at her kid’s BD party. She was clearly pregnant despite them having never announced a pregnancy. I WILL comment in such a case…now looking at a woman’s face, arms, coloring, and speculating, no-

Also, Lauren is a tiny gal. Based on those 2 photos, I’d say she is PG. Obvious is obvious. If she wants more privacy surrounding reproduction she should stay indoors out of sight during pregnancy or use BC and avoid the condition altogether. This is one area where privacy really doesn’t work- 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, it’s just pregnancy speculation. Relax.  It’s not like we’re accusing her of a crime or wishing ill will on her child if indeed she is pregnant.

  • Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They have actively (and aggressively) tried to remove themselves from the public eye.  It’s probably not a big deal to mention that she’s in a video and looks pregnant, but it’s very unfair to say that she should “stay indoors and out of sight” when pregnant.  
 

if they start posting snark worthy stuff of public sites, by all means go back to snarking on her.  I think that the very horrible things said to her about her miscarriage hurt her deeply.  I’m not going to pretend like I was holy than thou and didn’t have similar thoughts that it was over the top, but we celebrate little moments of growth from all kinds of people we follow and I’d like to think this community can experience little moments of growth. 
 

At the end of the day, these people are all people - worthy of compassion (except trash) and having intrinsic value.  

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if as people are speculating and theorizing this is a video and pictures that were taken and say October and it hasn’t been announced yet, and given that Lauren in particular has a history of miscarriage, and given that Joy Anna had a later term miscarriage/stillbirth. Wouldn’t it be at least considerate to contemplate that perhaps something happens and that’s why nothing has been announced? This is why I personally on my end I object to people running around speculating about someone being pregnant in this particular circumstance.

 

  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

So if as people are speculating and theorizing this is a video and pictures that were taken and say October and it hasn’t been announced yet, and given that Lauren in particular has a history of miscarriage, and given that Joy Anna had a later term miscarriage/stillbirth. Wouldn’t it be at least considerate to contemplate that perhaps something happens and that’s why nothing has been announced? This is why I personally on my end I object to people running around speculating about someone being pregnant in this particular circumstance.

 

That’s a good point. Lauren obviously reacted very strongly to her early miscarriage, and Joy’s stillbirth must have been very upsetting and worrisome. But this video was put up on YouTube, and Lauren is clearly not trying to stay out of frame , I would assume Jed! or Katey would have edited it better if Lauren had a loss and that’s why they delayed the video.  She looks happy and not like she’s hiding, so I assume she’s ok with being involved. 
 

I question this being October, despite the time stamp, just because that would have been incredibly early for a young, healthy first time mom (no known risk factors requiring early testing) to find out the gender and plan a small party to reveal it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ilovebrownies said:

Yeah, it’s just pregnancy speculation. Relax.  It’s not like we’re accusing her of a crime or wishing ill will on her child if indeed she is pregnant.

I don't think anyone speculating necessarily had bad intent or is a bad person. But I also think good people can try to do better when something potentially problematic is pointed out to them.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can get home test kits for fetal sex now - they use a lancet for a small finger prick sample, and work as early at 8 weeks. Results come back in a week, so it’s totally feasible to have a reveal party at 9ish weeks. The kits cost less than $60.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, breakfree said:

I don't think anyone speculating necessarily had bad intent or is a bad person. But I also think good people can try to do better when something potentially problematic is pointed out to them.

Given everything, I’m now tending to agree. I hope if she is pregnant that everything has gone well. But if she shows up clearly with a newborn or about to deliver I will absolutely guess on names.  Also, she’s my “favorite” wife, just because she doesn’t seem to put up with shit, and if that includes preferring not to be on social media right now - good for her.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lauren looks like she’s simply at a family event, celebrating someone else’s happy news, and not thinking about who is filming on a phone or whether she has an obvious bump from the camera angle. It must be so damn hard to be in that family and want privacy, knowing that every photo or video someone takes will go on social media and be scrutinised by hundreds of strangers. 
 

I can’t imagine being a teenager marrying into a “celebrity” family and then a few years later finding people all over the world will gleefully mock my pain (which WAS dealt with in some pretty over the top unhealthy ways), but be unable to properly step back and get some privacy. In order to truly live a quiet private life, they’d have to cut off his whole family and not go to any major events with people they love.

  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tend to agree that we CAN speculate on possible pregnancy, simply based on the fact that most of the women we folow on FJ are in the age-range to have children, and are part of a cult who rejects birth-control or family planning (and yes I include Lauren and Si in this, because I tend to believe these people are still pretty fundie unless they explicitly mention some sort of family planning or birth control, like Jill and Derick Dillard did.)

That being said, I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of scrutinizing a women's midsection in general and speculating based on that. It doesn't occur to anyone that people can simply... put on weight? I agree that Lauren seems petite in general, but still, a women's bodies is her own and I hate to check them like a piece of meat.

So I agree it might be possible Lauren is pregnant based on different factors. She is the right age, she has a good enough gap with her first child that is seems like good timing. And she and Josiah have not mention they want to have only one child. But for the rest, I suppose we'll know one day, when (or if) they choose to share the news pubicly.

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I think every single one of them was fine selling their privacy to JB for the easy ride and Banko, caro, houseo Duggar. Even Derick has benefited greatly. But once the shite hit the fan, some decided that privacy was best. It might just take some of us some time to cut them slack- 

ETA- If they want privacy they had best notify the TTH and all adjacent parties- they are the individuals blowing it. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Recent Status Updates

    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      The Berries were born in Highland Park Hospital. We went to the 4th of July Parade every year until we moved here. I’ve been crying all day. This is horrible. We are just waiting for a list of victims to make sure none of our old friends from those days were hurt. I HATE this.
      · 1 reply
    • meep

      meep

      Already after the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, I was already NOT feeling 4th of July and felt it was ridiculous to celebrate. Now a mass shooting at a parade in a town nearby. Multiple fatalities. Everyone has to shelter in place in their homes, can't go outside, because shooter is still on the loose. Nearby towns canceling their celebrations due to public safety concerns. Wow guys, how free we are! What a great country we live in! Aren't you grateful for all this freedom?! /s
      The usa, what a fucking joke. 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah in my case he’d be even more ripped. 

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Had some bad news out of Dubuque today - 3 teenagers were killed in a one car accident where the driver had been speeding and flipped his car. 
      I feel so sorry for their families and friends now.  It also brought back painful memories for me and some of my classmates because my junior year of high school three of our classmates were killed in an accident as well.   One I had known since elementary school.
      · 1 reply
    • moodygirl86

      moodygirl86

      Hey FJers, long time. Sorry I've not posted in like forever - life just sometimes gets in the way.
      During the lockdown, I did various temporary jobs (shelf stacking in Wilko, and also working from home doing call centre type stuff, including Test and Trace) but hope to go busking soon. I need to practise my set as my guitar/singing has got a bit rusty!
      Since I last posted, I have become a cat mum! My housemate with Lilith had to move abroad and wasn't able to take her with him, so I inherited her. She'll be two in August but still looks and acts like a kitten. I love her more than life itself.

      · 4 replies
    • VooDooChild

      VooDooChild

      The colonoscopy prep drink is absolutely disgusting. 
      · 8 replies
    • SillyDillys

      SillyDillys

      Sooo. I turned down the new job, realized I've been scammed.
       
      Also today I'm 26 and drunk right now. My amazing husband took me to Chicago to a rooftop bar and I'm so glad my mom is here to babysit and I pumped enough to last her a few days
      · 3 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah looking at you Twin Cities drivers...

      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      My former JW stepdaughter has just come out as pro-choice!!!
      · 1 reply
    • petrushka

      petrushka

      With the fall of Roe v. Wade, now would be a great time to start taxing religious institutions so we can increase funding for women's and children's health and education services.  Males 18-25 still have to register for Selective Service; how about adding a DNA database to that requirement to help track down impregnators and hold them responsible for their part?
       
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.