IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferich 9: Oh Nos! Chelsey Married a Maxwell!

nelliebelle1197

On 5/24/2021 at 8:28 PM, Jana814 said:

That’s horrible!!  Their is a car by me that is still covered with Trump flags. I though by now the car owner would have taken them off but that didn’t happen.  

Like so?

Spoiler

image.png.0abde1575072758273495fa74544e528.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Like so?

Hide contents

image.png.0abde1575072758273495fa74544e528.png

I don't usually advocate vandalism... but I would put a "Biden won, get over it snowflake" sticker on that car in a heartbeat. Possibly more than one.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

I was really upset when trump won in 2016. And I knew a lot of people who were upset. But I never once saw any sort of vehicle plastered with hateful violent messages against trump. Sure people were extremely critical and made fun of his horrible behavior. But I never heard anyone threaten his life or talk about perpetuating violence on him. I’m sure there are people out there that did say those things. But no one in my circle of friends said anything like that. But it seems like the norm from trump worshippers. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Nephews are male by definition.

When I was pregnant with my oldest we didn’t find out the sex. My then teenaged sister lived on the other side of the world and she or I were always stupidly tired when we talked on the phone. One call she says “text me as soon as you give birth so I know if I am an aunt or an uncle!” I now have three kids and she is regularly called uncle ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 31
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was really upset when trump won in 2016. And I knew a lot of people who were upset. But I never once saw any sort of vehicle plastered with hateful violent messages against trump. Sure people were extremely critical and made fun of his horrible behavior. But I never heard anyone threaten his life or talk about perpetuating violence on him. I’m sure there are people out there that did say those things. But no one in my circle of friends said anything like that. But it seems like the norm from trump worshippers. 

I agree. I never liked trump & I hate that I know a lot of people who think he is the best but I would never publicly say or destroy a car with trump stuff on it. 

• Upvote 6

On 5/22/2021 at 8:12 AM, petrushka said:

I don't see Steve shopping his daughters to other fundie families.   Mary, Anna and Jesse attended a Bontrager family camp or something like that a few years ago.  That's probably how Jesse got to know Anna Craig.  If anyone showed interest in the girls, it obviously didn't get too far.  IMO, Mary seems too delicate for farm life, but it's nice to imagine a Maxwell daughter leaving the compound.

Steve Maxwell will never let any of his daughters marry. Doing so means having one of his own daughters live under a headship that has different views from him. Plus, I think the Maxwell daughters are considered to be too old for the unwed Bontrager sons. Mary was born in 1996 and the eldest unwed Bontrager boy, Lincoln, was born in 2002. So another Maxwell and Bontrager union seems very unlikely.

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Steve Maxwell will never let any of his daughters marry. Doing so means having one of his own daughters live under a headship that has different views from him. Plus, I think the Maxwell daughters are considered to be too old for the unwed Bontrager sons. Mary was born in 1996 and the eldest unwed Bontrager boy, Lincoln, was born in 2002. So another Maxwell and Bontrager union seems very unlikely.

Are there any good matches for Abby, who is (I think) about to turn 13?

I just threw up a little in my mouth after writing that. Are there any empty chairs in the prayer closet?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I just threw up a little in my mouth after writing that. Are there any empty chairs in the prayer closet?

I feel so bad for Abby. I bet she always has to be the best behaved all the time because she’s the oldest grandchild. I’m guessing they all expect a lot of her. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel so bad for Abby. I bet she always has to be the best behaved all the time because she’s the oldest grandchild. I’m guessing they all expect a lot of her. 

She's the oldest but not the favorite. That is Joshua. Chris and Anna could have stopped breeding right there and Steve probably would have been satisfied.

• Upvote 8

Just now, Black Aliss said:

She's the oldest but not the favorite. That is Joshua. Chris and Anna could have stopped breeding right there and Steve probably would have been satisfied.

That makes it even worse! You aren’t the favorite and you have to behave the best.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

35 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I believe it is too early to tell for Abby. I do have a sickening feeling that Steve is doing everything he can to keep Nathan and Melanie (Abby's parents) under his thumb for the time being. I hope that Nathan doesn't follow in his father's footsteps as it could affect her chances of leaving the compound. Sarah is almost forty and has never lived away from her parents. I hope Abby is, at least, not a forty year old woman living with her parents under lock and key. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel really bad for her too. I posted about this on another thread, but I genuinely believe that because she is too focused on pleasing both her parents and grandparents rather than doing what she wants to do. Like name a twelve year old who would rather spend a Saturday hanging out with friends instead of knitting hats, cooking an anniversary dinner for their parents (I have a feeling Abby took the lead for that one), and memorizing the bible. Abby just turned thirteen this month and the above she all did when she was twelve. On top of that, she probably has little to no friends outside the Maxwell compound and only has interactions, outside of her siblings, kids her own age when she is visiting Melanie's family. Steve Maxwell says his sons who are married have independence from him, but it looks like (at least to me) he is still running their lives. Abby never stood a chance to have a life outside of Maxhell.

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Abby is Nathan and Melanie's eldest not Chris and AnnaMarie.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Abby is Nathan and Melanie's eldest not Chris and AnnaMarie.

Yes, we were talking about Steve's grandchildren not one particular family. Joshua is actually quite a bit younger than Abby

• Upvote 6

I was kinda hoping Chesly would have her youngest sister for an extended visit to help develop a friendship for Abby. I think they’re a similar age. Maybe she has friends and cousins we don’t see. I really hope they do. Didn’t Nathan and Melanie join a real church this past year? Maybe their kids are involved in some of the youth/kid groups?

My friends kids joined virtual 4-H clubs this winter. They would learn about a country and their traditional foods and create a meal on Saturdays. It was fun for the kids and I loved looking at the pictures their mum posted. They called it Lunching around the World. I bet the ABC girls would love something like that! 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

Hopefully Abby has more of a life than featured on the blog. She's older, but not that much older than her sister Bethany.  

I can't see the Bontragers as being a good influence on the Maxwells. Yes, they're more social and the food is better, but they're also a lot angrier and have a more of persecution complex. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

11 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Yes, we were talking about Steve's grandchildren not one particular family. Joshua is actually quite a bit younger than Abby

Gotcha, I thought you got Nathan and Melanie and Christopher and AnnaMarie confused. Sorry, about that.

11 hours ago, Markie said:

I was kinda hoping Chesly would have her youngest sister for an extended visit to help develop a friendship for Abby. I think they’re a similar age. Maybe she has friends and cousins we don’t see. I really hope they do. Didn’t Nathan and Melanie join a real church this past year? Maybe their kids are involved in some of the youth/kid groups?

My friends kids joined virtual 4-H clubs this winter. They would learn about a country and their traditional foods and create a meal on Saturdays. It was fun for the kids and I loved looking at the pictures their mum posted. They called it Lunching around the World. I bet the ABC girls would love something like that! 

Steve and Teri mentioned that Nathan and Melanie joined a church outside of the nursing home one the Steve created years ago. They did so because of the restrictions put in place due to COVID-19. I do believe the Maxwell's plan on restarting that church once the nursing home gives they feel it is safe to do so. Unlike the Bontragers, the Maxwell's took the pandemic and restrictions seriously. 

• Upvote 6

The Maxwells/Steve said they were already looking to move to a regular church, so they can invite people to come and newcomers would feel welcome, but they didn’t really see an option to stop with their ministry until COVID hit. They’re not always transparent of course. 

• Upvote 5

On 5/24/2021 at 10:13 PM, Maggie Mae said:

That was him? I remember when that happened but the news either didn't report his name when I read the article or I didn't make the connection. Not surprised. Joshua Hale and Sharia Buckingham are friends of a friend and they are hardcore Trump supporters. 

Allison posted a half assed "love story". 

They met. He prayed. He asked her dad. They dated. They got engaged. They got married.

If she put any less effort into it she wouldn't have written it. Which, really, at this point she told no more of the "story" than if she had just left it alone and said nothing. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They met. He prayed. He asked her dad. They dated. They got engaged. They got married.

If she put any less effort into it she wouldn't have written it. Which, really, at this point she told no more of the "story" than if she had just left it alone and said nothing. 

I'm not making the connection as to why I'm quoted here. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

It was basically just a timeline of their relationship. It was very dry. Just the facts. Boring.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9

I’ve been married since 2009 so I think I could do a timeline like Allison did by memory. But I would make mine a bit more interesting! Actually mine would be naturally more interesting since it would probably include the “first time we had sweet fellowship” long before our wedding day ?

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'm not making the connection as to why I'm quoted here. 

I have absolutely no idea. I didn't do it intentionally. Messy fingers on the keyboard? 

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I have absolutely no idea. I didn't do it intentionally. Messy fingers on the keyboard? 

Oh! Thanks for letting me know. I read back, then looked up Allison's facebook and instagram, and then reread and was like 'what am i missing?' :)

• Upvote 1

Wow.  That timeline.  Riveting stuff.  

It's just funny, because Allison has written more passionately about dating her brothers and her Swiss Retreat. Like, if her blog writing was always so dry (I would proffer "Maxwellian") then I wouldn't think twice about it.  But the relationship timeline definitely is not like her blog writing prior to her engagement. If you told me that someone else wrote it, I would believe you. 

I took a quick trip though her blog posts during the early parts of her dating timeline, and it's funny how Jeremiah isn't in a single photo by accident, which we usually see once we know about secret fundie courtships. His two sisters are in one post from family camp. And there are two posts about dating her brothers.  But nothing to imply she's going through a major season o'life, other than this post. https://www.fromallison.com/questions-to-ask-before-you-say-i-do/#comments

Just compare the timeline post to this blog entry:  https://www.fromallison.com/europe-part-1/

• Upvote 11

Actually, taking a quick run through Allison's posts up until she announced her engagement- tons of pics of her with Susanna, Jeremiah's sister.  So many of the two of them smiling and side hugging, that if I didn't know better, I would have thought they were a couple.  

At least she is very close with a sister-in-law who is nearby her. I remember how sad she was when Chelsy moved away.

Edited by MomJeans
typo
  • Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic