IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferich 9: Oh Nos! Chelsey Married a Maxwell!

nelliebelle1197

Can someone explain why all fundie young men stand with such a wide stance? 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2

I have a cousin who does it and he's not fundie. His dad does it too. It's a statement of their very toxic masculinity.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The one pink dress that is the wrong pink is bugging me more than the railing crotch. 

Also Denver needs to tailor his damn pants! Honestly knowing their values, it's unconscionable to me that Ma Bontrager allowed him to get married like that. She's by all accounts a deft seamstress, so it should have been taken care of -even if the suit is a rental and it's just basted.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Can someone explain why all fundie young men stand with such a wide stance? 

They've girded their loins with the armour of God, but much like their pants, it doesn't fit properly. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 29

I am completely defrauded by those cheap Amazon dresses being flattened against all those female forms in the wind. You can make out the size & shape of their legs as well as the rest of their bodies, including the parts they are supposed to hide from the world. 

They're also lined up very poorly. No order, no nothing. Just....stand there, let the wind control how you stand, and lemee' take a pikture of ya', k'?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I think that I’ve been spoiled by having diverse circles. I look at that picture and I think, wow, how boring. They’re all white, not visibly disabled, thin, I assume all Christian, and none of them read as anything but cis and straight to me, either. For gracious sakes all of the males and all of the females even seem to have the same haircut! It’s just WEIRD. You’d think they’re in a cult of some kind....oh, wait. They are.

I think the different colored dress maybe means that person was the maid/matron of honor. But that’s just a guess.

Poor Rebecca. I was in a wedding when I was 8 or so and remember it being boring as heck. She’s been in too many to count at this point, and has moved up into the ‘teenage’ category, expected to act and behave like a miniature adult. No more playing for her....her long skirts would get in the way. And she’s what, 12 maybe? Poor kid. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I think that I’ve been spoiled by having diverse circles. I look at that picture and I think, wow, how boring. They’re all white, not visibly disabled, thin, I assume all Christian, and none of them read as anything but cis and straight to me, either. For gracious sakes all of the males and all of the females even seem to have the same haircut! It’s just WEIRD. You’d think they’re in a cult of some kind....oh, wait. They are.

I think the different colored dress maybe means that person was the maid/matron of honor. But that’s just a guess.

Poor Rebecca. I was in a wedding when I was 8 or so and remember it being boring as heck. She’s been in too many to count at this point, and has moved up into the ‘teenage’ category, expected to act and behave like a miniature adult. No more playing for her....her long skirts would get in the way. And she’s what, 12 maybe? Poor kid. 

I agree with the boring comment. I am not saying I have a super diverse group of family and friends, but it’s WAY more diverse than these fundie groups. I would be bored to tears as a fundie. Everyone believing the same things, saying the same things, doing the same things. Yawn.

• Upvote 7

On 6/11/2021 at 9:25 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

Also Denver needs to tailor his damn pants! Honestly knowing their values, it's unconscionable to me that Ma Bontrager allowed him to get married like that. She's by all accounts a deft seamstress, so it should have been taken care of -even if the suit is a rental and it's just basted.

Those pants drive me NUTS! Actually all the Bontrager men wear pants that are too long. I had to go dig up these photos (and remembered Carson wore jeans to his own wedding... I'm feeling a mixed reaction of "you do you" and "WTF").  

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 2.08.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 2.06.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 2.05.18 PM.png

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Those pants drive me NUTS! Actually all the Bontrager men wear pants that are too long. I had to go dig up these photos (and remembered Carson wore jeans to his own wedding... I'm feeling a mixed reaction of "you do you" and "WTF").  

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 2.08.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 2.06.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 2.05.18 PM.png

What’s strange is that I am sure all the women in that family know how to hem pants. So they must want ridiculously long pants. 

• Upvote 14

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What’s strange is that I am sure all the women in that family know how to hem pants. So they must want ridiculously long pants. 

Chelsy sewed her own dress so surely she could have hemmed them. If they rented them wouldn’t they hem them?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Chelsy sewed her own dress so surely she could have hemmed them. If they rented them wouldn’t they hem them?

You would think. Maybe the place they rent to from sucks at what they do.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Carson wore jeans because he flat out didn't care beyond the fact that he was getting a Godly Woman™ to help him pump out soldiers for Jeezus.

That said, they also rode tractors out of the ceremony, so... Maybe not the worst wedding for the groom to be in jeans. I can't tell if Josh is also in jeans, but Josh actually wanted to be marrying Cass, so there's a big gap in enthusiasm there.

• Upvote 5

I'd prefer a groom wearing a well fitting jeans than those wayyyy too long pants. Especially if you are into a country themed wedding anyway.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Just now, fundiewatch said:

That name is so tightly linked to Children of the Corn for me. 

I totally agree! The name would be fine if there wasn’t a main character in a horror movie with the same name. It’s like Damien. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Yeah, I don't care for the name either. Glad it's a boy though. Poor Jubilee and Jemima, though, the only girls among the Bons grandkids. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 7

Just now, anjulibai said:

Yeah, I don't care for the name either. Glad it's a boy though. Poor Jubilee and Jemima, though, the only girls among the Bons grandkids. 

With how fast they procreate, there will be some other girls eventually. 

• Upvote 5

I hope Chelsy is having a boy. The name is fine to me. I'm familiar with the name Children of the Corn, but I didn't know the names of any of the characters. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, lonedn said:

Allison had her baby on june 4th, a boy named Malachi Seth.

And slightly defensive posts about how wonderful motherhood is coming in 3. . .2. . .1. . .

Seriously, I’m sure they’re delighted, but she’s going to find the reality of a baby very different than the fantasy she’s built up for herself. 

• Upvote 17

6 minutes ago, postscript said:

And slightly defensive posts about how wonderful motherhood is coming in 3. . .2. . .1. . .

Seriously, I’m sure they’re delighted, but she’s going to find the reality of a baby very different than the fantasy she’s built up for herself. 

I agree. Some fundie gals have very little experience with newborns. Even Michelle was “buddies” with her babies for for 6 months before handing them off to a sister mom. I doubt she has much experience with newborns but much more experience with toddlers and preschoolers. She may have high expectations of how things will go. But babies have their own plans. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She may have high expectations of how things will go. But babies have their own plans. 

Not for long, I’m sure, considering that these folks tend towards authoritarian displays to force their baby to adhere to their own schedules and desires, a la Ezzo and then Pearls.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

Not for long, I’m sure, considering that these folks tend towards authoritarian displays to force their baby to adhere to their own schedules and desires, a la Ezzo and then Pearls.

I always wonder if all fundie women have the stomach for it. I think some must cave. It’s pretty hard to let a newborn cry it out. If she does cave, I bet her mother would shame her over it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I don't understand Allison. Today in her stories she posted an advertisement of a beauty product and hours later she posted about the baby who was born 10 days ago. Like if she had somehow forgotten to post about that event??!!! It looks weird in the stories: first an ad, then a baby.

And the post. A short sentence. A dark picture. Ten days after the birth. It has been all very cold since the beginning of the pregnancy. 

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always wonder if all fundie women have the stomach for it. I think some must cave. It’s pretty hard to let a newborn cry it out. If she does cave, I bet her mother would shame her over it. 

Well, some Bates co-sleep while others sleeptrain, so I suppose not all fundies raise babies the same way. I doubt all fundies follow the Pearls . But I'm afraid Allison will be like her mom and sister.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Oh, I'm sure, but the more boys, the more they will be left out of so much. That family cares so much more for the grandsons than those girls. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic