IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferich 9: Oh Nos! Chelsey Married a Maxwell!

nelliebelle1197

6 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I usually think it's an exaggeration that all fundie unions are arranged by the Dads. I think that a lot of them meet in group settings, feel a tingle of attraction, and then then the parents give their blessing (or not) prior to dating. But in this case, I 100% believe that it was heavily arranged. 

I think the Helferichs booked the concert in June 2019 specifically so the two could meet, since the sisters had already been priming Jeremiah to consider Allison as a future wife.

My theory is that Allison was reeling from a heartbreak and jumped into a courtship with the first Daddy-approved suitor who came along. A classic rebound story with a guy who won't break your heart, even though love isn't there. And now she's married to this guy... gah!

Who was the heartbreak? Do we know? Honestly, I can't keep all these folks' failed "courtships" straight anymore so I am just wondering if we knew who the guy was or if we just had suspicions!

• Upvote 1

So many of y’all don’t have a favorite color and it’s making me self conscious. I’ve had the same favorite color for decades. Green. I will always love green. My son always colors things green at school so he can give it to me when he gets home. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 16

Ok I’ll play. My favorite color is blue. It was blue when I was little because I had blue eyes. When they turned green I started to favor green. When I grew up I realized that was a stupid reason to favor a color and went back to liking blue, any shade. I think it’s because I look good in blue. My mom used to buy my sister and I matching clothes, hers in red and mine in blue or green.  None of this is something I’ve ever discussed with a man and if you asked anyone they wouldn’t know the answer. 

• Upvote 5

I'll play too. My favorite color has always been magenta.  It was my favorite as a kid, and as an old person it still is my favorite. ❤??

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Who was the heartbreak? Do we know? Honestly, I can't keep all these folks' failed "courtships" straight anymore so I am just wondering if we knew who the guy was or if we just had suspicions!

No, we don't know the guy. Chelsy also had a failed relationship before meeting John, but we no nothing about him either.

My favourite color is yellow and I don't mind a mustard cardigan. ??

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Hi, new to posting. But a long time lurker- like years. Found this forum when I somehow ended up looking at Zsu Anderson’s blog, I can’t remember how that happened. But that family intrigued me and Google bought me here.

Anyway ended up in the Maxhell rabbit hole and started following the Bontragers when John and Chelsey got engaged.

Stopped for a while but I found myself back.

What do we know about the Helferiches? Like how many kids? And where do Jeremiah and Praise fit in regarding ages?

Allison- she’s insufferable but I feel awful for her. In a parallel universe she would be a manager at 5 class hotel and live a swanky city apartment. But no, she’s in remote Minnesota with Mr He’ll Do with a baby due any day now.

Chelsey- She seems happy. Good for her.

Mitch and Carson- same as Chelsey somewhat.

Joshua- oh boy. Needs to spend one day in the real world.

Denver- will be interesting to see how he goes with married life.

My favourite colour is blue. Always has been since I was a little girl. 

• Upvote 16
  • Downvote 1

@FundeyMonkey Welcome here! We don‘t know a lot about the Helferichs. Check one of the previous threads there is more information.

My favorite color is pink. In all shades.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, FundeyMonkey said:

Hi, new to posting. But a long time lurker- like years. Found this forum when I somehow ended up looking at Zsu Anderson’s blog, I can’t remember how that happened. But that family intrigued me and Google bought me here.

Anyway ended up in the Maxhell rabbit hole and started following the Bontragers when John and Chelsey got engaged.

Stopped for a while but I found myself back.

What do we know about the Helferiches? Like how many kids? And where do Jeremiah and Praise fit in regarding ages?

Allison- she’s insufferable but I feel awful for her. In a parallel universe she would be a manager at 5 class hotel and live a swanky city apartment. But no, she’s in remote Minnesota with Mr He’ll Do with a baby due any day now.

Chelsey- She seems happy. Good for her.

Mitch and Carson- same as Chelsey somewhat.

Joshua- oh boy. Needs to spend one day in the real world.

Denver- will be interesting to see how he goes with married life.

My favourite colour is blue. Always has been since I was a little girl. 

You might want to try fundie wiki, it’s not the most reliable but it is a good starting point. It’s linked below.

https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Helferich_Family

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

I don't have a favorite color. To be honest, the idea of that being a question has always flummoxed me. Like, am I supposed to? Why don't I? What's wrong with me? 

I don't have one favorite food or type of food either. 

I live what I like when I like it and I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I don't have a favorite color. To be honest, the idea of that being a question has always flummoxed me. Like, am I supposed to? Why don't I? What's wrong with me? 

I don't have one favorite food or type of food either. 

I live what I like when I like it and I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. 

Children are very into naming their favorite things. My kids always ask me my favorites because they know their favorites and like to talk about them. I don’t think I would much think of my favorite things if my kids weren’t always asking. When they ask my my favorite food, if I say I don’t have one, they are annoyed. So I have to come up with something. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

2B401873-7E86-4D1E-B939-C29441E94EF0.thumb.jpeg.59db9e814c310dc864d253a0236248bb.jpeg

?. yuck Josh just yuck. My brothers would never say anything like that. As long as I’m dating a nice person they won’t care. 
I have four favorite colors and they go in this order: lime green, baby blue, mellow yellow, and mellow orange. Why pick just one when you can have four! My dad would say that any movie he liked was in his top ten favorite movies. He had at least 100 in that list. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I have four favorite colors and they go in this order: lime green, baby blue, mellow yellow, and mellow orange. Why pick just one when you can have four! 

Because there's a difference between colors you appreciate and a color that is your favorite.

My favorite color is purple, has been for as long as I can remember. I'll always choose purple 10/10 times. In the case that there is no purple, green is my second favorite.

I can appreciate a bunch of different colors, but there's a big gap between colors I appreciate and my FAVORITE color. Oddly enough though, I feel that favorite is more emotional; the reality is that I look great in blue and half my closet is blue, but it's still not my favorite color. My favorite color is purple.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Because there's a difference between colors you appreciate and a color that is your favorite.

My favorite color is purple, has been for as long as I can remember. I'll always choose purple 10/10 times. In the case that there is no purple, green is my second favorite.

I can appreciate a bunch of different colors, but there's a big gap between colors I appreciate and my FAVORITE color. Oddly enough though, I feel that favorite is more emotional; the reality is that I look great in blue and half my closet is blue, but it's still not my favorite color. My favorite color is purple.

I never looked at it that way, but that's totally true.  Pink is my favorite color hands down, it makes me happy and feels like me.  But I don't go through life dressed like a giant marshmallow peep....most of my wardrobe is blue because I look better in it.  And I don't paint all the rooms on my house pink because apparently it's weird to want to live in Barbie's dreamhouse at my age...so I appreciate shades of blue, maroon, and taupe in my decorating.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Pink is my favorite color hands down, it makes me happy and feels like me.  But I don't go through life dressed like a giant marshmallow peep....most of my wardrobe is blue because I look better in it.  And I don't paint all the rooms on my house pink because apparently it's weird to want to live in Barbie's dreamhouse at my age..

Exactly. There are so many shades of pink that I love and my favorite shade changes all the time but it‘s always pink. But it‘s not a color to decorate your house with.

• Upvote 3

I like cool colors but don't have a favorite. Shades of blue and green make me feel calm, but yellows, oranges, reds really don't appeal to me.  If it's a very mellow yellow combined with blue ....

I've known my husband for 40 years and don't know his favorite color(s).  Hope my marriage isn't doomed...

Allison and company have so much to learn.  It's wrong to shelter and brainwash children to the point that they don't even know what they could do with their own adults lives if they had agency.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

My favorite color is a bright and bold yellow. Some of my dinnerware is Fiesta Daffodil, and while it looks a tad mustard-y online, in person it is a rich and beautiful shade of yellow - pretty much my favorite shade. I get so happy when I see the color, let alone get to eat off the yellow dishes! (My other dish colors are complementary shades of red, green, and orange).

That being said, I absolutely cannot wear the color yellow.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

My favourite colour is red, hence me having the red colour scheme on FJ. There aren’t many colours I dislike.

Favourite food, though... like others, I don’t have just one! Too difficult to choose!! 

• Upvote 4

My favorite color is blue. I find it very calming. In terms of clothing, I will choose black (and always have)99% if the time. I find it classic. Home decor, I’m pretty neutral vanilla/linen/oatmeal with pops of color here and there. I do have a soft, light peach spare bedroom and bath. My master bath is soft, light blue and we do have a soft blue/green accent wall in our master bedroom.

12 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

My favorite color is a bright and bold yellow. Some of my dinnerware is Fiesta Daffodil, and while it looks a tad mustard-y online, in person it is a rich and beautiful shade of yellow - pretty much my favorite shade. I get so happy when I see the color, let alone get to eat off the yellow dishes! (My other dish colors are complementary shades of red, green, and orange).

That being said, I absolutely cannot wear the color yellow.

I have polish pottery dishes in various patterns and blue/green color schemes. 

• Upvote 6

My favourite colour is pink and my favourite food is prawns! Yesterday I bought myself a pack of unicorn socks, because why not?!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Bontragers posted pictures from Denver & Praise's wedding.

They actually looked very happy and into each other. Haven't seen that since John & Chelsy were close to having a big ol' kiss right there on the stage, before anyone gave permission. 

I still think for all their talk of "modesty" those dresses were anything but. For both Chelsy's wedding and this one. They, um, cling. Some of those outdoor pictures, you could see the entire shape & form of many female bodies. I sure hope no poor innocent man stumbled at such a site. It would be a shame to have such bad memories of a day that is supposed to be happy.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Bontragers posted pictures from Denver & Praise's wedding.

They actually looked very happy and into each other. Haven't seen that since John & Chelsy were close to having a big ol' kiss right there on the stage, before anyone gave permission. 

I still think for all their talk of "modesty" those dresses were anything but. For both Chelsy's wedding and this one. They, um, cling. Some of those outdoor pictures, you could see the entire shape & form of many female bodies. I sure hope no poor innocent man stumbled at such a site. It would be a shame to have such bad memories of a day that is supposed to be happy.

Where are they posted? I looked and couldn’t find them.

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic