IGNORED

Jinjer 56: Oh My Stars It's a Reality Show Book! How Surprising - Not

Coconut Flan

On 8/12/2021 at 7:36 AM, marmalade said:

Hard disagree. I think Jeremy would consider a vasectomy sacrelige and a loss of his manhood. No way he gets the snip.

Unfortunately even some reasonable not-at-all macho men feel that way. I have brought the idea of a vasectomy up with my husband as our family is going to be completed once our second baby is born, but - he struggles. He is open to all arguments, he accepts them as valid, he's definitely aware that a vasectomy would be the fairest and most logical thing to do, he admits the way he feels is not reasonable, but he just feels incredibly uncomfortable with the idea.

I try to be understanding - if I were in his position, I'd probably also feel weird about taking a (most likely) permanent step to curtail my fertility even if I didn't plan on having any further children; permanent decisions tend to scare me a lot - but I'm wondering if there is any way to make him more comfortable. Maybe talking to someone who had a vasectomy? Unfortunately we don't know anyone who had one (or who openly speaks about it).

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Good points. I agree and definitely expect the kidults to deviate from the script even more in the future (I wonder who will be the first divorce) 

I still think getting a vasectomy would be significant judging by the way Jinger cried when talking about deciding to wear pants. Many *modern* conservative denominations are weary of vasectomies/tubal ligation. 

I agree, a vasectomy would be a departure, and probably not something I'd expect anytime soon but maybe when they're forty? I can see it being something they might start considering if they decide they want to fund their kids' college or something.

Edited by AprilQuilt
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

This is a can’t win situation for them…they showed pictures and people said they were using them as props; they didn’t show any and people asked why they were hiding them. Right now the Vuolo girls have a lot more privacy than the average influencer’s kids who are basically vlogging their life from morning til night. They might change their stance in the future, but for now, I appreciate that the little girls have privacy.

I don't have an issue with them not showing the kids, but with these two, a lot of the time it feels like the photo is staged to get a reaction, rather than a candid photo while the child is just going about life. Like they're teasing people with glimpses of the kids so followers continue asking about them. To me, it's no less intrusive to the child to say "ok go stand over there while I take a picture of your back," than it is to say "smile and say cheese!" I'm all for not putting your kids on social media, but then I wouldn't have them on my social media at all. To me it feels like J&J still treat the girls as props, just without showing their faces. 

Edited by OHFL2009
Triple posted the same thing
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

15 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

If they were showing pictures of the girls all the time people would claim they were using them as props (see the Alyssa and Carlin threads). They’re giving the girls privacy for the time being and it’s something more and more celebrities are doing. I just stumbled across Jamie Lynn Spears Insta and noticed that she has blurred her daughters’ faces in all their recents pics, Chris Hemsworth rarely shows his kids faces (he and his wife are fond of the “hair in front of their face shots”), no one would recognize Matt Damon, George Clooney, or Ryan Reynolds kids. Harry and Meghan have made sure Lili hasn’t been seen often, and they made their last Christmas card obscure enough that no one would recognize Archie.

This is a can’t win situation for them…they showed pictures and people said they were using them as props; they didn’t show any and people asked why they were hiding them. Right now the Vuolo girls have a lot more privacy than the average influencer’s kids who are basically vlogging their life from morning til night. They might change their stance in the future, but for now, I appreciate that the little girls have privacy.

They can’t win on this one because the only reason the DUGGARS( not Jeremy Vuolo) are famous is because they had an irresponsible number of BABIES. It was all about adding more BABIES. Without the exploitation of  babies and kids the Duggars are just a family with a pedo son, and Jeremy is a 34 YO, Underachieving nobody.

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 56: Oh My Stars It's a Reality Show Book! How Surprising - Not
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic