IGNORED

Jinjer 56: Oh My Stars It's a Reality Show Book! How Surprising - Not

Coconut Flan

16 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I grew up with the Irish Rovers' The Unicorn Song, which says the same thing. 

Hide contents

A long time ago, when the earth was still green
And there were more kinds of animals than you've ever seen
They'd run around free while the earth was being born
But the loveliest of all was the unicorn

There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
The loveliest of all was the unicorn

Now god seen some sinnin' and it gave him pain
And he says, "stand back, I'm going to make it rain"
He says, "hey, brother Noah, I'll tell you what to do
Build me a floating zoo"

And take some of them green alligators and long-necked geese
Don't you forget my unicorn"

Old Noah was there to answer the call
He finished up making the ark just as the rain started fallin'
He marched in the animals two by two
And he called out as they went through
"Hey, Lord"

I've got your green alligators and long-necked geese
Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn
I just can't see no unicorn"

Then Noah looked out through the driving rain
Them unicorns was hiding, playing silly games
Kicking and splashing while the rain was pouring
Oh, them silly unicorns

Noah cried, "close the doors 'cause the rain is pourin'
And we just can't wait for no unicorns"

The ark started movin', it drifted with the tide
Them unicorns looked up from the rock and they cried
And the waters came down and sort of floated them away
And that's why you'll never see a unicorn, to this very day

You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese
You're never gonna see no unicorn

That sounded so familiar to me and then I realized Shel Silverstein wrote it!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

On 7/25/2021 at 4:34 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I grew up with the Irish Rovers' The Unicorn Song, which says the same thing. 

Hide contents

A long time ago, when the earth was still green
And there were more kinds of animals than you've ever seen
They'd run around free while the earth was being born
But the loveliest of all was the unicorn

The loveliest of all was the unicorn

Now god seen some sinnin' and it gave him pain
And he says, "stand back, I'm going to make it rain"
He says, "hey, brother Noah, I'll tell you what to do
Build me a floating zoo"

And take some of them green alligators and long-necked geese
Don't you forget my unicorn"

Old Noah was there to answer the call
He finished up making the ark just as the rain started fallin'
He marched in the animals two by two
And he called out as they went through
"Hey, Lord"

I've got your green alligators and long-necked geese
Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn
I just can't see no unicorn"

Then Noah looked out through the driving rain
Them unicorns was hiding, playing silly games
Kicking and splashing while the rain was pouring
Oh, them silly unicorns

Noah cried, "close the doors 'cause the rain is pourin'
And we just can't wait for no unicorns"

The ark started movin', it drifted with the tide
Them unicorns looked up from the rock and they cried
And the waters came down and sort of floated them away
And that's why you'll never see a unicorn, to this very day

You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese
You're never gonna see no unicorn

LOL there's a whole dance that goes along with that song, it's a family fav, especially after a few drinks!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

On 7/26/2021 at 10:52 PM, Smoochie said:

LOL there's a whole dance that goes along with that song, it's a family fav, especially after a few drinks!

When I was little, there was a guy Ray Rayner on WGN Chicago who had a kid's show. One of his segments was at the Lincoln Park zoo with Dr. Lester Fisher and that was the intro song they used for it! Oh the memories!! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Has anyone seen Jeremy’s new Instagram post? He talks about how his religion is the one true religion and that all religions other than his are the same, and then he links everyone to his TikTok account, where he has somehow gotten the handle @religion. Everyone in the comments on the Insta post is disagreeing with his mini sermon and telling him he’s wrong. I just can’t believe how truly ignorant and self-centered he is to think all religions are the same and that his is the one true way. Also, who does he think he is to most likely purchase that @religion handle and then use it to only talk about his religion? He’s really meeting himself look like an ass. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
Added more judgement
  • Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Jeremy really rates himself doesn’t he? I don’t see him being a traditional pastor at all- too much like hard work and doesn’t pay well enough.

With the tik tok account I think he is building a career as ‘hip preacher’. He’ll try to monetise his drivel using Jinger’s popularity as the hook to get people in. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

he is building a career as ‘hip preacher’. 

Except he is not very hip, is he? Maybe in his mind he is...I mean Ben is actually a pastor and Jeremy is still taking pictures of coffee. IMO he wants to be way more important and relevant than he is or ever will be.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 9

On 7/28/2021 at 8:29 PM, libgirl2 said:

When I was little, there was a guy Ray Rayner on WGN Chicago who had a kid's show. One of his segments was at the Lincoln Park zoo with Dr. Lester Fisher and that was the intro song they used for it! Oh the memories!! 

OMG, blast from the past!

I was a little too young to remember that show first hand, but my older cousins referenced it fondly, and I've seen a lot of footage of Rayner on various WGN retrospectives over the years.

I just looked at his Wiki page, and found out he was a POW in Stalag Luft III during WWII. I had no idea!

1157775036_Screenshot2021-07-30at08-37-07RayRayner-Wikipedia.png.f583958c13c44171b457467cd480a975.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

@WiseGirl yes, nobody ever accused Jeremy of low self esteem. Despite his poncing around with books, bow ties and expensive pens, it is Ben who is actually an pastor and Derick who’s qualified (or about to) for the bar. 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Jeremy really rates himself doesn’t he?

I first read this as that he really hates himself and was so confused because that would be the most inaccurate statement ever. ?

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

OMG, blast from the past!

I was a little too young to remember that show first hand, but my older cousins referenced it fondly, and I've seen a lot of footage of Rayner on various WGN retrospectives over the years.

I just looked at his Wiki page, and found out he was a POW in Stalag Luft III during WWII. I had no idea!

1157775036_Screenshot2021-07-30at08-37-07RayRayner-Wikipedia.png.f583958c13c44171b457467cd480a975.png

My mother wasn’t big on TV, so I didn’t watch Ray Rayner regularly, but I, too, remember him fondly. 25+ years ago, I was lucky enough to see him onstage. He came back from retirement to play the Toymaker in a local theater production of Babes in Toyland (I’m a sucker for esoteric musical theater/operetta). Not the best voice, but he held the stage. 

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

expensive pens

I initially read that as “expensive penis.” 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

For all the big and small lovers of unicorns and the poor parents who suffer through that phase, the german author and small artist Marc- Uwe Kling wrote a childrens book about a stubborn unicorn and it's translated into english.

The unicorn that said no:
"In the prettiest parts of the Forest of Hearts, a cute little unicorn was born. Its mane was puffy, its fur SUPER fluffy... But as adorable as it looked, it didn't behave like the other unicorns in its herd. 'NO' was its favourite word! No matter how many sweet lucky clovers or soft squishy cuddles that the other unicorns offered, the answer was always 'NO'. And so this unicorn became known as the uNOcorn.

It's no surprise that one day our contrary unicorn decides to break free of its cotton-candy world and have an adventure of its own. Along the way, the uNOcorn meets a raccoon who never listens ('Huh?'), a dog who doesn't care ('So what?') and a rude princess (whose favourite word is 'YES!'). What a wonderful team they make, because being stubborn is much more fun together!"

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 7/29/2021 at 9:23 AM, JanasTattooParlor said:

Has anyone seen Jeremy’s new Instagram post? He talks about how his religion is the one true religion and that all religions other than his are the same, and then he links everyone to his TikTok account, where he has somehow gotten the handle @religion. Everyone in the comments on the Insta post is disagreeing with his mini sermon and telling him he’s wrong. I just can’t believe how truly ignorant and self-centered he is to think all religions are the same and that his is the one true way. Also, who does he think he is to most likely purchase that @religion handle and then use it to only talk about his religion? He’s really meeting himself look like an ass. 

Unfortunately, this is what evangelicals teach their congregants...that everyone's religion is the same because you have to do stuff to get to heaven where as Christianity is unique because it's God's grace that gets you to heaven. 

It's very simplistic, ignorant and self-centered. 

Along with believing in the elect, being a pompous ass is one of the tenets of Calvinism? 

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 11

On 7/30/2021 at 6:57 PM, MaryOrMartha said:

Her new hair looks great. If only Jessa would follow suit, she seems afraid of haircuts.

Jinger’s hair looked in need of a trim though. Jessa’s hair is lovely and looks quite healthy and she may love it. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, byzant said:

What nonsense is this? 

Screenshot_20210801-231415.jpg

ok what is amazed? new parlour new tiktoc her new brand? 

• Upvote 2

On 7/30/2021 at 9:14 AM, Idlewild said:

@WiseGirl yes, nobody ever accused Jeremy of low self esteem. Despite his poncing around with books, bow ties and expensive pens, it is Ben who is actually an pastor and Derick who’s qualified (or about to) for the bar. 

Both Ben and Derrick seem more real whereas Jeremy more plastic.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

amazed (@amazed) TikTok | Watch amazed's Newest TikTok Videos

lol.....I am AMAZED at myself for finding this. It is apparently a TIkTok something that Jinger and Jeremy have started. They want to "spread hope through happy moments"

amazed

11.7KFollowers

5851Likes

by jinger and jeremy vuolo spreading hope through happy moments

Videos

Edited by Chickenbutt
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 3

3 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

amazed (@amazed) TikTok | Watch amazed's Newest TikTok Videos

lol.....I am AMAZED at myself for finding this. It is apparently a TIkTok something that Jinger and Jeremy are doing. That's all I can tell. I know nothing about TikTok. 

I don't know much about TikTok either but I think even I know enough to figure out that Jinjer are not going to become stars there.
Before I saw this I was wondering how too such vapid people who neither do nor say anything of interest to anyone would try to keep this going when all of their "career" moves (theologians, the store, the influencer attempts, the book, the book club, the podcast, the ...?) turn out to be big fat zeros.

I guess the answer is "forever."

• Upvote 8

I have no idea how much @s go for on TikTok but I imagine they spent a lot of money to get @religion and @amazed. No way those were just available.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I don't have tiktok but apparently one of Jeremy's first posts was a video saying there are only two religions. One is the religion of man's achievements and the other is the religion of Jesus Christ. His arrogance is astounding. His lack of respect for anything outside his narrow little sphere of understanding makes me angry. 

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 4
  • I Agree 1

On 8/3/2021 at 3:31 PM, Knight of Ni said:

I don't have tiktok but apparently one of Jeremy's first posts was a video saying there are only two religions. One is the religion of man's achievements and the other is the religion of Jesus Christ. His arrogance is astounding. His lack of respect for anything outside his narrow little sphere of understanding makes me angry. 

I give up; which religion do he and his mentor John MacArthur practice?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

On 7/7/2021 at 3:56 AM, SweetLaurel said:

Why would she have to wait till her kids are bigger?  Lots of women - people - with kids  their age work outside the home.  They obviously have either a sitter or a nanny, they are out and about all the time alone.  If she desired that, she could certainly do it now.  

I like the fact that she said “when the kids are bigger”. To me this indicates that they are not planning to fill the house with kids. She could have said that she’s not sure when she would be able to study photography because they don’t know when she will stop having babies. I get the feeling that they are comfortable with 2 children but maybe 3.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 56: Oh My Stars It's a Reality Show Book! How Surprising - Not
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic