IGNORED

Jinjer 56: Oh My Stars It's a Reality Show Book! How Surprising - Not

Coconut Flan

I recall reading that private pilots do not make a lot of money. It is more of a vanity job. If anyone has more direct knowledge, I'd love to hear about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

interestingly, John David has the next highest projected net worth between 500k (In Touch) and 1 million ( Celebrity Insider) But because he is - get this- a pilot. Who owns planes and plane related things as assets. Plus some real estate and construction equipment. 

Yet Abbie was not used to not having a regular pay.... I doubt either families are worth that much. 

interesting find.

JD is a pilot? I had no idea.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

48 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yet Abbie was not used to not having a regular pay.... I doubt either families are worth that much. 

interesting find.

JD is a pilot? I had no idea.

I think going from a regular paycheck to self-employed income can be a BIG shift for most people, and very anxiety producing for many. JD and Abbie seem pretty level headed and frugal. And JD has run regular businesses and they have both held regular jobs. I think they’ll be fine long term. Probably mostly self-employed, but can pick up regular gigs if needed. 

Although Jinger and Jeremy make the most money, they are the ones I could see struggling the most down the line. Just the “little” extras they do add up really fast. . 2 $7 coffees, with 2 $7 breakfast burritos puts them at $30 for breakfast for the two of them. That’s fine for a comfortable couple a few times a week - but if it’s every single day, combined with lunch or dinner out most days, and trips, and hair, and nails, and nice clothes and and and….. in a ridiculously expensive area, they better hustle hard to keep that $$ flowing. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Although Abbie has worked as an LVN in OK, wasn’t it only for 6 months? Plus, she lived with her parents, so paying bills and such was  probably fairly limited. I agree with @Mama Mia Abbie and JD do seem to live a pretty modest lifestyle.

• Upvote 8

On 7/5/2021 at 9:06 AM, Idlewild said:

They choose to style themselves as the ‘breakout stars’ of CO and Jeremy includes that in his bios. Jinger has spoken of wanting to be a photographer- once her kids are bigger she can do a course and set herself up-

Why would she have to wait till her kids are bigger?  Lots of women - people - with kids  their age work outside the home.  They obviously have either a sitter or a nanny, they are out and about all the time alone.  If she desired that, she could certainly do it now.  

• Upvote 7

@SweetLaurel I get that but Jinger is so ingrained to her upbringing- she’s used to a load of sister moms & ready sitters. With no family nearby and only just learning how to make friends, I can see she’d struggle to leave very small children- just another way the Duggar parents emotionally stunted their children. 

@Mama Mia I think that is why the Vuolos name check the eateries on Instagram- they hustle for freebies. 

• Upvote 10

15 hours ago, Phyllis_Stein said:

I recall reading that private pilots do not make a lot of money. It is more of a vanity job. If anyone has more direct knowledge, I'd love to hear about it. 

I have a cousin who is a flies private planes for clients, but he's part of a company. Plus he's working out of a huge metro area (Dallas-Fort Worth) and it enourmous airport. He actually flies corporate clients to-from China/Hong Kong/Singapore a lot, as well as oil and gas folks to/from the Gulf.

But I don't see JD having that kind of clientele (unless he is working for someone and we don't know about it). Walmart execs probably contract with with a private jet company.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I have a cousin who is a flies private planes for clients, but he's part of a company. Plus he's working out of a huge metro area (Dallas-Fort Worth) and it enourmous airport. He actually flies corporate clients to-from China/Hong Kong/Singapore a lot, as well as oil and gas folks to/from the Gulf.

But I don't see JD having that kind of clientele (unless he is working for someone and we don't know about it). Walmart execs probably contract with with a private jet company.

I’ve have always wondered this…the Duggars live in the land of WM, have been shown shopping at that establishment and are basically a huge pool of potential unskilled labor. Why haven’t any of them ever pursued WM employment? They could work themselves up the ladder to a decent, family supporting job. Seems like a no brainer starting point to me.

• Upvote 8

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’ve have always wondered this…the Duggars live in the land of WM, have been shown shopping at that establishment and are basically a huge pool of potential unskilled labor. Why haven’t any of them ever pursued WM employment? They could work themselves up the ladder to a decent, family supporting job. Seems like a no brainer starting point to me.

Yup, they have a major company right there in their backyard.   Some of them could have worked their way up already, possibly using education benefits to improve on the SOTDRT education as well. 

I suspect a number of reasons.   Self-employment is promoted as more godly in fundie circles, working for dad (putting him in control), being available for filming the (now cancelled) dog and pony show which is going to collide with employer expectations, Duggar Time (again will collide with employer expectations).   

Remember Derick didn't last long at WM shortly after he married into the family.    Now there could have been all kinds of reasons for that but always wondered if demands from his in-laws (such as being available for filming) played a role.   He hadn't quite woken up to the clusterf**k he married into yet.

• Upvote 15

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 4:32 PM, SassyPants said:

Maybe they refuse to shop at or work for an organization that uses exploitative labour and doesn’t unionize its staff. We all know the Duggars are big supporters of social justice, and are deeply concerned about the rights of the marginalized. ? When pigs fly. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 22

This is a long summer of the Vuolos posing with food or coffee. 
Jeremy has posted a sermon - it’s 50 minutes long & I really can’t listen to his voice that long. Has anyone braved it? 

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 5

Good for them for not exploiting their kids but holy fuck their feed was boring with the kids. it’s even worse without cute kids to break up their droll show offy shit. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

They’re on Tik tok now and the comments are EVERYTHING. Their account is of course under Jeremy’s name. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

JinJer had a unicorn cake for Felicity's birthday party. To me, the unicorn horn always looks like a butt plug, which is quite defrauding. Seriously don't get the trend. 

And the last picture is a unicorn with water coming out from the horn. A phallus symbol. With a liquid coming out of it. Right. Off to dive into holy water. That birthday party is way too phallic. For a 3-year old! Not even a hen do! 

• Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

On 7/17/2021 at 3:54 PM, viii said:

They’re on Tik tok now and the comments are EVERYTHING. Their account is of course under Jeremy’s name. 

This would be Jeremy who used to claim he had no apps on his phone, that Jeremy? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

JinJer had a unicorn cake for Felicity's birthday party. To me, the unicorn horn always looks like a butt plug, which is quite defrauding. Seriously don't get the trend. 

And the last picture is a unicorn with water coming out from the horn. A phallus symbol. With a liquid coming out of it. Right. Off to dive into holy water. That birthday party is way too phallic. For a 3-year old! Not even a hen do! 

I never liked the unicorn trend (just found it odd and boring and far too pink) but I cannot unsee your interpretations now, which makes my dislike for it even worse ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Dear Lord, that water spraying unicorn is all sorts of WTF! ? The hose goes in the ass and the water comes out the horn ?, it really is that bad.  
I hate unicorn parties.  The mythological creature is amazing, the plastic, glitter gumdrop it has become is dreadful.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 7

8 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

No offense, but all of that might be a…umm.. personal interpretation ?.Sometimes a unicorn is just a unicorn ?

Did make me laugh though.

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

No offense, but all of that might be a…umm.. personal interpretation ?.Sometimes a unicorn is just a unicorn ?

Did make me laugh though.

Maybe I need to spend more time in the prayer closet ? 

No, the interpretation is there. In old lore, hunters would use female virgins (the unicorn was said to be attracted to their scent) to lure the unicorn to them. The unicorn would then fall asleep with its head, horn and all, in the maiden’s lap(!), and the hunters could then kill the unicorn. Definitely a thing in medieval art. 

• Upvote 13

On 7/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, Sullie06 said:

I have a 6 year old girl. The unicorn trend is strong in this one. 

Same. Plus I loved unicorns as a child. My 5 year old daughter actually just discovered my unicorn collection in a box at her grandmother's and is ecstatic. 

Unicorns are pretty. plus the whole "they were too busy playing to get on the arc" story always got me as a child. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Same. Plus I loved unicorns as a child. My 5 year old daughter actually just discovered my unicorn collection in a box at her grandmother's and is ecstatic. 

Unicorns are pretty. plus the whole "they were too busy playing to get on the arc" story always got me as a child. 

There is a childrens book in Dutch about how the unicorns missed the arc but the flood turned them into narwals.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

There is a childrens book in Dutch about how the unicorns missed the arc but the flood turned them into narwals.

Ok that is so cool! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I grew up with the Irish Rovers' The Unicorn Song, which says the same thing. 

Spoiler

A long time ago, when the earth was still green
And there were more kinds of animals than you've ever seen
They'd run around free while the earth was being born
But the loveliest of all was the unicorn

There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
The loveliest of all was the unicorn

Now god seen some sinnin' and it gave him pain
And he says, "stand back, I'm going to make it rain"
He says, "hey, brother Noah, I'll tell you what to do
Build me a floating zoo"

And take some of them green alligators and long-necked geese
Don't you forget my unicorn"

Old Noah was there to answer the call
He finished up making the ark just as the rain started fallin'
He marched in the animals two by two
And he called out as they went through
"Hey, Lord"

I've got your green alligators and long-necked geese
Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn
I just can't see no unicorn"

Then Noah looked out through the driving rain
Them unicorns was hiding, playing silly games
Kicking and splashing while the rain was pouring
Oh, them silly unicorns

There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Noah cried, "close the doors 'cause the rain is pourin'
And we just can't wait for no unicorns"

The ark started movin', it drifted with the tide
Them unicorns looked up from the rock and they cried
And the waters came down and sort of floated them away
And that's why you'll never see a unicorn, to this very day

You'll see green alligators and long-necked geese
You're never gonna see no unicorn

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 56: Oh My Stars It's a Reality Show Book! How Surprising - Not
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic