IGNORED

Jinjer 56: Oh My Stars It's a Reality Show Book! How Surprising - Not

Coconut Flan

33 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

I live just south of Syracuse. It's currently 84 degrees at 10 AM but the humidity is already at almost 70%, That's what gets us. Yesterday the high reached 90 but with the super high dew points the heat index was near 100. I'm from Alabama originally and have family in Arizona, so I understand heat but this humidity is awful. It makes the air feel so heavy and it's heard to breath. Plus you start sweating before you even really start moving. 

Last week we were camping in 100+ heat. If I hear another person say “but it’s a dry heat” one more time, I might poison someone. Yes, dry, like roasting in an oven on broil. FTR, I live on the coast where hot would be 80 degrees. Good to see the family though. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 12

Jeremy also said it was good to take a break from their busy routine (no, I haven’t a clue either as it appeared Jinger was still looking after 2 kids and neither of them have jobs) in a place with no cellphone reception. Yet posted selfies of themselves drinking coffee every day.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Last week we were camping in 100+ heat. If I hear another person say “but it’s a dry heat” one more time, I might poison someone. Yes, dry, like roasting in an oven on broil. FTR, I live on the coast where hot would be 80 degrees. Good to see the family though. 

Yeah, I never understood the dry heat thing. It's still hot as balls when we go to Arizona. 110 is never enjoyable lol.   I personally prefer the more arid climate to this thick, mucky, bullshit air quality we got going on here right now though. I wish it would just rain already and get some of this heaviness out of the air. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Yeah, I never understood the dry heat thing. It's still hot as balls when we go to Arizona. 110 is never enjoyable lol.   I personally prefer the more arid climate to this thick, mucky, bullshit air quality we got going on here right now though. I wish it would just rain already and get some of this heaviness out of the air. 

Yes, you guys have the heavy air and subsequent sticky armpits and we have the dry air and nose bleeds. Can you tell that Summer is my least favorite season? LOL

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

I find (for me) dry heat is better. You are hot you sweat, you somewhat cool down. Humidity the heat just sticks to you, you have a shower and you don’t get dry, I also find humid heat more draining. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I find (for me) dry heat is better. You are hot you sweat, you somewhat cool down. Humidity the heat just sticks to you, you have a shower and you don’t get dry, I also find humid heat more draining. 

I think this is very true until you get over 110 F. And here in AZ, over 110 is the majority of a 3-4 month period. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

51 minutes ago, crancraz said:

I think this is very true until you get over 110 F. And here in AZ, over 110 is the majority of a 3-4 month period. 

I think it’s personal and it all depends on your own tolerance, but I’ve been in 120 in dry heat and 117 in humid heat - and I’ll take the dry heat any day. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, crancraz said:

1 hour ago, crancraz said:

I totally get it. I live in Australia’s hottest city (on average) in a house with no aircon. By the end of it any heat sucks lol  I lived through a day being the hottest place on the planet (with no air con). I’m applying for my super hero badge lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, adidas said:

I think it’s personal and it all depends on your own tolerance, but I’ve been in 120 in dry heat and 117 in humid heat - and I’ll take the dry heat any day. 

I start melting in the 90s. I mean - I will power through if I have to but I will be a seriously grump person after 90 degrees. And humidity - how is it 100% and NOT actually RAINING??

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I'm in AZ too and I don't love summer anywhere. The dry heat is easier to handle for me anyway. We moved here from a tropical environment that was mid 80s-mid 90's year round and very humid. It felt much worse than being here in AZ at 105-110. I can handle the heat here pretty well until 110. After that it just hot. Thankfully we don't usually get more than a week or so of 110+ before we get a short break in the lower 100s, even if only for a day or two. Early to mid June through the middle of September is the worst part for me, but the rest of the year is beautiful. 

This is not my favorite place I have lived but it isn't the worst either. This is our second time in AZ and we will likely retire here, though we hope to either buy a second property up in northern AZ (or even a different state) or take some long vacations outside of the state during the summer. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Meggo said:

I start melting in the 90s. I mean - I will power through if I have to but I will be a seriously grump person after 90 degrees. And humidity - how is it 100% and NOT actually RAINING??

I ask myself that all the time. Going on 4 days of extremely high heat and humidity here and I'm like how has it not stormed yet. Plus one downside here is most people do not have air conditioning in their homes here which makes the heat more dangerous especially for older individuals. 

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

One of the many reasons I want to move to New Mexico and live in the desert when I retire.

Washington DC was indeed built on a swamp. So muggy five minutes outside and you get soaked in sweat. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 8

20 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Going on 4 days of extremely high heat and humidity here and I'm like how has it not stormed yet.

Same where I am! When I went to bed last night, the forecast was for storms to start overnight and continue all day today and I was SO EXCITED for a break. I woke up and the forecast had changed :( Still sunny, still alarmingly humid. Maybe thunderstorms this afternoon. I took my dog out before 7:00 this morning (he has very thick fur and gets hot very quickly) so I was hoping it was early enough that he could have some good sniff time in the yard. The temperature was in the low 70's but the humidity was so bad that I was immediately sweating and my poor pup was panting after just a few minutes. Fingers crossed those storms actually hit later!

• Upvote 6

I want to know where y'all live that storms make it less humid. Summer in Florida it storms almost every day and it just makes it more humid ?

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

I want to know where y'all live that storms make it less humid. Summer in Florida it storms almost every day and it just makes it more humid ?

I'm in Upstate NY. We had pretty big storms last night and it dropped the temperature and humidity quite a bit overnight. Yesterday it was 93 with about 79% humidity when I looked after work. It was humid directly after it stormed but then it started to cool off a bit and was much cooler and less humid with morning than the past three days. Today it's forecast to be 85 with about 70% humidity so a little less sticky. 

• Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

Frontal systems often bring a change in humidity (common in mid latitudes) but the convection storms in Florida don't.

I'm in Ontario and we got the same cold front that someone else above got in New York. It was wild. Three big thunderstorms over 15 hours or so.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

I'm in very northern Vermont. No storms here yet, but we did get a "severe storms possible" warning  on my weather app today!

• Upvote 3

This East coast humidity...just no...I've been taking my dogs for short walks very early or late and it's still too much. It's like stepping into a steam room and you can't breathe. Just walking or standing I get covered with that gross humid sheen of sweat. 

The humidity and neverending winters mean I want out when I retire. That and how expensive it is here.  

Waiting patiently for the storms to come...

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Frontal systems often bring a change in humidity (common in mid latitudes) but the convection storms in Florida don't.

I'm in Ontario and we got the same cold front that someone else above got in New York. It was wild. Three big thunderstorms over 15 hours or so.

And they were powerful storms too, it was crazy. Thankfully we didn't lose power but many in our area did. 

18 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

This East coast humidity...just no...I've been taking my dogs for short walks very early or late and it's still too much. It's like stepping into a steam room and you can't breathe. Just walking or standing I get covered with that gross humid sheen of sweat. 

The humidity and neverending winters mean I want out when I retire. That and how expensive it is here.  

Waiting patiently for the storms to come...

I have to wear a bulletproof vest for work when we do field calls. Oh my god I thought I was going to die yesterday. I was so sweaty I had to change my clothing after and I was wearing "moisture wicking" attire under my vest. I told my husband between the 8 months of winter and then 4 months of humidity, as soon as our kids graduate and we retire we are out of here. 

So our front came through, dropped the temperatures about 25 degrees in less than 12 hours and now it's going to rain for 3 days. We always say it's not a holiday here unless it's raining. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

I am currently freezing my butt off here in the frozen tundra. Its cloudy and 63F. Next week is supposed to be in the 80's all week. It feels extremely odd to be wearing a hoodie at the beginning of July. I'm used to my "oh my god I live on the surface of the sun" summers in the desert....

• Upvote 2

Jinger and Jeremy posted pictures taken at  the Oklahoma City Zoo on Instagram.

Do you think Jeremy is interviewing for pastor positions?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

Jinger and Jeremy posted pictures taken at  the Oklahoma City Zoo on Instagram.

Do you think Jeremy is interviewing for pastor positions?

Possibly, or someone offered them somewhere to stay for free. Duggars don’t turn down free stuff.

• Upvote 9

I was in Spokane two days ago when it was 114°, and it felt like walking around in an oven. It was the hottest I've been since a visit to Death Valley in July.

I grew up in Phoenix, but back then it rarely got over 105 and we had really good air conditioning. The past week's heat wave in the PNW has been way worse because most places lack air conditioning, and the AC units we do have can't handle it.

I would still take any of those temperatures in a dry heat over 90° in humidity, however.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I just read an article from People where Jinger talks about the consequences of growing up in the spotlight. She mentioned that she and her sisters would receive love letters from inmates. It doesn't mention how old they were when they received the letters but I can imagine it would be very uncomfortable to receive them. However, she then goes on to talk about how men would just show up at church thinking they could start a relationship by showing up at church. Isn't that exactly what Ben did? 

I feel sympathy for the Duggar children.  Jinger talks a lot about the unsolicited attention they received from fans but says nothing about what her parents did to help them deal with it.

• Upvote 20

2 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I feel sympathy for the Duggar children.  Jinger talks a lot about the unsolicited attention they received from fans but says nothing about what her parents did to help them deal with it.

They say nothing because her parents did nothing to help them deal with it.  Her parents were loving the fame and celebrity probably felt any attention translated into ratings.  Parents who did not protect their daughters from sexual assault from their brother are not going to worry about inappropriate contact from fans.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 56: Oh My Stars It's a Reality Show Book! How Surprising - Not
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic