Jump to content
IGNORED

Jinger 56: Oh My Stars It's a Reality Show Book! How Surprising - Not


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Reminder time:  the church doesn't own the house.  One of the church members owns it.  I have no idea why he and his family are still allowing the Vuolos to live there, if the Vuolos are paying a possibly or probably reduced rent, or what.  

I didn’t know that. I thought it was owned by the no-tax-paying church which would mean taxpayers were subsidizing their lifestyle choices. But if it’s another person who owns it then they can subsidize their 200 dollar sweatshirts all they want. 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meh, I'm guessing she got the shirt at Goodwill or some other second-hand place for a whole lot less than $200. "Buy used and save the difference" is the Duggar mantra, after all.

  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Jinger dropped the ‘buy used....’ principle after they moved and I don’t think Jeremy ever subscribed to it.

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When they moved to LA, they posted pictures at a high end consignment shop.  They may still be buying used but not doing the Goodwill and Salvation Army sale days.

  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen Jeremy’s post about his hike? I wonder if anyone will be kind enough to point out what an arse he appears to be? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And Jeremy is bragging again - this time by showing off his Nespresso coffee maker 🙄.
Hate to break it to you, Jeremy, but a Nespresso isn't really that impressive... I mean, we used one for almost ten years, and it was okay, but we've since switched to a proper Italian espresso machine, and the coffee is WAY better.

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like my Nespresso machine- it’s a kitchen aid for Jrod followers! I’m really surprised at Jeremy though, all the people I know with even the slightest Italian heritage are very fussy about their coffee and source the beans, the machine etc and then tell you all about it! 
Jeremy seemed to be pining for Laredo in earlier posts- I thought he loved California life?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

He's living through being stuck in the valley during a record heat wave.  Tuesday I was wheezing from walking half a mile from the parking lot to the hospital at 9 AM in a mask.  It was pushing 90 already.  When I left I barely had a surgical mask across my face so I could get back to the car.  

I came home yesterday and it's much better here.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

He's living through being stuck in the valley during a record heat wave.  Tuesday I was wheezing from walking half a mile from the parking lot to the hospital at 9 AM in a mask.  It was pushing 90 already.  When I left I barely had a surgical mask across my face so I could get back to the car.  

I came home yesterday and it's much better here.  

Here in Colorado we are having a lot of haze from wildfires in other states to add to the misery of the high temperatures. I went outside to walk before the sun was visible this morning.  Saturday we are supposed to have some afternoon thunderstorms which I hope will clear the air a bit. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

He's living through being stuck in the valley during a record heat wave.  Tuesday I was wheezing from walking half a mile from the parking lot to the hospital at 9 AM in a mask.  It was pushing 90 already.  When I left I barely had a surgical mask across my face so I could get back to the car.  

I came home yesterday and it's much better here.  

Yep, I am over the heat. I'm in AZ and yesterday it was something like 101 before 10am. 90 was the overnight low the last two days. Today it is already 107 and it isn't eve lunchtime yet. Ugh. It is going to be a long, long summer. 

2 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Here in Colorado we are having a lot of haze from wildfires in other states to add to the misery of the high temperatures. I went outside to walk before the sun was visible this morning.  Saturday we are supposed to have some afternoon thunderstorms which I hope will clear the air a bit. 

We also have hazy skies due to a big fire just to the east of us. Thankful that the air quality is still okay. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone I follow on YouTube who lives out there was talking about how she's basically nocturnal - sleeps all day and works/records all night - for many reasons, one of which is so that she can get outside and walk at midnight when it's not as hot. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm loving seeing the Denverites freak out over 101. To me, that's still in the comfortable range. Talk to me when it's over 115. THAT is when it's truly nasty. But, 8 years of desert living tends to mess with your temperature perception. Its the winters I can't stand here. Too damn cold. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a transplant from Arizona to VA, I wish all in the west a relief from the drought and wildfires. Hurricanes are bad enough but at least they blow thru and blow over. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I'm loving seeing the Denverites freak out over 101. To me, that's still in the comfortable range. Talk to me when it's over 115. THAT is when it's truly nasty. But, 8 years of desert living tends to mess with your temperature perception. Its the winters I can't stand here. Too damn cold. 

I heard my Uncle from Syracuse, New York complain that it was 85 degrees F. 

A few weeks ago the new neighbors from New Hampshire mentioned that it was hot. It was maybe 80 degrees at the most. This is their first summer in the deep South. I just smiled and laughed to myself.

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had my first business trip in over a year last week to Montana. I was looking forward to nice, moderate temperatures. First it was 90 (record highs) and three days later it snowed. So much for the 70 degrees I was expecting.

  • WTF 1
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've lived in just about any climate- Desert, Tropical Island, Mid Atlantic, Deep South, in the Mountains and we have traveled in many different climates. Where ever we have been I have found that I do adjust fairly quickly, though I do usually need to hit all the seasons before fully adjusting. And I have a love/hate relationship with the climate no matter where I am.

This is our 3rd Az summer since we moved back (we had 4 summers here 20 years ago). I don'f mind the heat until the high gets to about 110/111 consistently. But I do hate it when the lows don't drop lower than 90. It just makes it tough to find a good time to walk/exercise the dogs or get the outside projects done. However, I will take the heat over the 7+ months of winter in MN any day.

So far, tropical island was my favorite. Unfortunately my husband did not feel the same. 

 

6 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

I had my first business trip in over a year last week to Montana. I was looking forward to nice, moderate temperatures. First it was 90 (record highs) and three days later it snowed. So much for the 70 degrees I was expecting.

We were in Montana the first week of June. Where we were at it was 100+ and almost no where had a/c since they don't normally get temperatures that high. It did drop into the 50's the last day we were there. We didn't get any snow, but the mountains were covered with it. 

Edited by nvmbr02
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

We've lived in just about any climate- Desert, Tropical Island, Mid Atlantic, Deep South, in the Mountains and we have traveled in many different climates. Where ever we have been I have found that I do adjust fairly quickly, though I do usually need to hit all the seasons before fully adjusting. And I have a love/hate relationship with the climate no matter where I am.

This is our 3rd Az summer since we moved back (we had 4 summers here 20 years ago). I don'f mind the heat until the high gets to about 110/111 consistently. But I do hate it when the lows don't drop lower than 90. It just makes it tough to find a good time to walk/exercise the dogs or get the outside projects done. However, I will take the heat over the 7+ months of winter in MN any day.

So far, tropical island was my favorite. Unfortunately my husband did not feel the same. 

 

We were in Montana the first week of June. Where we were at it was 100+ and almost no where had a/c since they don't normally get temperatures that high. It did drop into the 50's the last day we were there. We didn't get any snow, but the mountains were covered with it. 

Ooooo Would you share which tropical island?  We lived in Bermuda for a few years. It was more temperate than islands further south in the Atlantic- winters pleasant but only folks from northern climates would brave getting in the water. Always so high in humidity though. Mold grew everywhere, all the time. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Ooooo Would you share which tropical island?  We lived in Bermuda for a few years. It was more temperate than islands further south in the Atlantic- winters pleasant but only folks from northern climates would brave getting in the water. Always so high in humidity though. Mold grew everywhere, all the time. 

My mom lived in Bermuda for 3 years (2005-2008) she loved it! We didn't get a chance to visit her while there but I would have loved to. It is on my list. 

We lived in Guam for 3 years (2016-2019). I loved it there, though it was expensive to get back to the states which is difficult with aging parents. The water was pretty much like bath water year round. hot and humid in the winter, hotter and even more humid in the summer. And yes mold was an issue.

Edited by nvmbr02
added info
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am irrationally upset that JinJer got to go to the Dodgers-Phillies game and see my favorite player, Rhys Hoskins, hit a home run. My one consolation is that I did get to go to a game at CBP already this year and it was fucking awesome (rookie Luke Williams hit a walk-off home run with two outs).

I do wonder what Jinger thinks of being at a major league baseball game. I can't speak for the exact atmosphere at Dodgers Stadium, but at least at Phillies home games, there's a lot of people drinking beer, a lot of people dressed ~immodestly~, some vulgar language (depending on where you're sitting, and if you're sitting near me, you'll definitely hear a lot of cursing at the umpires). I know she's probably not as sheltered anymore given that she lives in/around Los Angeles, but it still must be kind of a weird experience given her upbringing.

  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I am irrationally upset that JinJer got to go to the Dodgers-Phillies game and see my favorite player, Rhys Hoskins, hit a home run. My one consolation is that I did get to go to a game at CBP already this year and it was fucking awesome (rookie Luke Williams hit a walk-off home run with two outs).

I do wonder what Jinger thinks of being at a major league baseball game. I can't speak for the exact atmosphere at Dodgers Stadium, but at least at Phillies home games, there's a lot of people drinking beer, a lot of people dressed ~immodestly~, some vulgar language (depending on where you're sitting, and if you're sitting near me, you'll definitely hear a lot of cursing at the umpires). I know she's probably not as sheltered anymore given that she lives in/around Los Angeles, but it still must be kind of a weird experience given her upbringing.

hello fellow philadelphian who also has love for Rhys Hoskins ❤️ and I'm jealous you got to witness Luke Williams walkoff! 

I would LOVE to witness her at all and every philly sports team game though! 

  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 8:22 AM, Nothing if not critical said:

And Jeremy is bragging again - this time by showing off his Nespresso coffee maker 🙄.
Hate to break it to you, Jeremy, but a Nespresso isn't really that impressive... I mean, we used one for almost ten years, and it was okay, but we've since switched to a proper Italian espresso machine, and the coffee is WAY better.

I wanted a Nespresso machine but I’m cheap and not picky enough to use a proper machine. I got the machine made by instant pot. It takes k cups and the nespresso pods. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I am irrationally upset that JinJer got to go to the Dodgers-Phillies game and see my favorite player, Rhys Hoskins, hit a home run. My one consolation is that I did get to go to a game at CBP already this year and it was fucking awesome (rookie Luke Williams hit a walk-off home run with two outs).

I do wonder what Jinger thinks of being at a major league baseball game. I can't speak for the exact atmosphere at Dodgers Stadium, but at least at Phillies home games, there's a lot of people drinking beer, a lot of people dressed ~immodestly~, some vulgar language (depending on where you're sitting, and if you're sitting near me, you'll definitely hear a lot of cursing at the umpires). I know she's probably not as sheltered anymore given that she lives in/around Los Angeles, but it still must be kind of a weird experience given her upbringing.

They were in a luxury suite. 

  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I wanted a Nespresso machine but I’m cheap and not picky enough to use a proper machine. I got the machine made by instant pot. It takes k cups and the nespresso pods. 

FWIW, I have no problem with it when people choose to spend less on their coffee (not to mention that for many of us, it's not exactly a choice). 

It's just that Jeremy seems to think a Nespresso machine is the height of sophistication. I know some serious coffee drinkers who would rather die than let a cup of Nespresso pass their lips...

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nespresso was quite posh like 10 years ago. But after supermarkets started selling cheap capsules (?) pods (?) (well, the little pieces with the coffee inside), everybody bought Nespressos. So no longer posh. I think it is a comfy coffee machine because you get tasty coffee very quickly. But gourmets and coffee lovers hate it (in fact, gourmets and coffee lovers hate Starbucks too, because it's just flavoured beverage, not real coffee).

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

 But gourmets and coffee lovers hate it (in fact, gourmets and coffee lovers hate Starbucks too, because it's just flavoured beverage, not real coffee).

Oh absolutely- I have to drink decaf due to hypertension and the nespresso decaf is best tasting for me. I have a few friends who are very serious about coffee though and they’d never drink Starbucks. Most have their go to independent coffee shops but if they are restricted to a chain they go to Cafe Nero- I don’t know if you have that in the US? 
When I was last in the US the nicest decaf I had was from Dunkin Donuts! There was one just down from where we were staying and the coffee was so good. Donuts were pretty good too.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.