IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 32

GreyhoundFan

image.png.f1c66b206c32d475c9c95326e4e9a757.png

"Enemy of Statehood"

In Georgia and several other states, Republicans are not making it harder to vote for black Americans because of widespread voter fraud and a lack of integrity with the 2020 presidential election. They’re changing laws and making it harder to vote for black Americans because there was a massive voter turnout which did not give them the result they wanted. It’s for that same reason Republicans will prevent the District of Columbia from becoming a state.

Republicans are good at talking about taxation without representation when discussing the American Revolution. It’s something they bring up quite often when discussing the 2nd Amendment. But they literally work in a city where the citizens don’t have federal representation.

The American citizens of Washington, D.C. do not have representation in Congress. Not in the Senate and not in the House. They have what is called a shadow senator who can’t vote. Basically, they have a lobbyist. But why should the people in our nation’s capital have zero representatives while Wyoming has three?

Wyoming, which is a state, has one congressman and two senators while having fewer residents than Washington, D.C. The same goes for Vermont which is also a state. And don’t get me started on Puerto Rico, which is not a state but would be the 31st most-populated if it was. In case you’re a Republican, there are currently 50 states. I’ll give you bonus points if you can tell me how states Canada has (Hint: It’s a trick question).

So why won’t Republicans allow Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico to become states? Because Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico would most likely send Democrats to Congress. That would be four more Senators for the Democratic Party (In case you’re a Republican, each state gets two senators. Even the crappy states like the Dakotas). And, it would be at least five more representatives for the Democratic Party in the House. The District would have one House seat while Puerto Rico would have four. Also, it’s not very likely any of them would be white.

For Alaska and Hawaii to become states in 1958, they had to be tied together. That way, both parties were to receive an equal number of senators (in case you’re a Republican, two apiece). Although, the funny thing is, Hawaii was expected to be a Republican state and Alaska was expected to go to the Democrats. Today, we don’t have any territories that are Republican. The District and each territory are non-white. In addition to Puerto Rico, there is Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. There are nine more territories that are unpopulated and even two that are disputed.

Even in the states we have now, representation is not equal. California has nearly 40 million people while Wyoming has less than 600,000. With two senators for each state, that gives a Wyoming voter approximately 70 times the influence in the Senate as a California voter. Republicans don’t care about this. While there are small Democratic-leaning states like Vermont and Delaware, most are red like Wyoming, Alaska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming.

Here’s another way to look at the way representation in the Senate is given: It takes 22 of our smallest populated states to equal the 40 million population of California. That means 40 millions Americans have 44 United States senators and another 40 million only have two.

The system that distributes senators is as outdated as the one that distributes electoral college votes. This is a system devised by slave owners so slave states with smaller populations could have as much political clout as larger states. And Republicans do expect to have more representation than those on the left. Ever seen one of those ridiculous memes on Facebook that shows the bulk of the nation as red, ignoring the fact they’re showing empty acres more than population centers. Republicans demand that wide-open fields of nobody should have more representation than the human beings in Philadelphia…or the nearly 700,000 human beings in Washington, D.C. whose majority of non-white citizens don’t get to have any representation in Congress.

White Republicans aren’t eager to create new Senate and House seats that brown people will vote to fill. As it is now, they’re trying to eliminate non-white voters in actual states. As Georgia goes from a red to blueish state, it has sent two Democratic senators to Washington. So Republicans are now trying to make it harder for black people to vote. This is going to keep happening.

Other states like Arizona have gone from red to blue. Texas is expected to do the same. The Republican solution is to stop non-white people from voting. Voters are supposed to choose their leaders. Now, Republicans want to choose their voters.

Republicans are all about taxation with representation just so long as it’s the right representation. And to get the results they want, Republicans, those loveable scragamuffins who like to refer to themselves as “constitutionalists,” have to violate the basic principles of the Constitution.

The majority of this nation is voting Democratic while the bulk of representation is Republican. Although they’ve been representing fewer Americans for at least over the last decade, Republicans have been controlling the courts. These courts will not represent the people of this nation for decades thanks to the small-state influence of Republicans. And even with that advantage, Republicans had to steal two Supreme Court seats.

Think about it. If the court had been seated by justices the population actually wanted, then there probably would not be an accused rapist on the Supreme Court for the next 30 years.

Republicans are not playing fair and while they’re playing politics, they’re depriving American citizens their basic constitutional rights of selecting their leaders.

In opposing statehood and black voting, Republicans are the enemies of the state.

• Upvote 9

I've been laughing since I saw this cartoon. The Help is such a great movie, and I wish most of the repugs would get a slice or two of one of Minny's pies...

image.png.0ad842ff7bf911bacf8870a57d80325f.png

"Shut Your Pie Hole"

Congressman Jim Jordan does not get along with black women.

To be fair to Jordan, he is an asshole. Assholes have trouble getting along with a lot of people. Still being fair, there are people who do like Jim Jordan…of course, those same people also like guys like Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Matt Gaetz, and white nationalist terrorists who stomp on police officers. And that’s what got Jordan into the sticky situation he found himself in on Tuesday.

On the same day the jury delivered guilty, guilty, guilty verdicts in the Derek Chauvin trial, Jim Jordan made a huge racist asshole out of himself. To be fair, he’s a racist asshole every day so it wasn’t that unique to happen the same day as a verdict. My verdict is, Jim Jordan is a racist asshole.

House Democrats have drafted a Hate Crimes Act calling for an expedited Justice Department review of pandemic-era hate crimes against Asian Americans, the establishment of an online reporting mechanism for state and local law enforcement agencies, and data collection and public reporting on hate crime. The one thing this bill does NOT do is defund the police.

Republicans proposed an amendment to the bill that would prevent defunding or abolishing police. It’s not relevant. During a committee hearing on the bill, Chairman Jerry Nadler and Democrat Val Demings both called the amendment “irrelevant.” Jim Jordan started screaming it was as “relevant as it gets” because last week, a member of “the Squad” said police should be abolished. One person who has NOT called for defunding the police is President Joe Biden who has come out strongly against it. So, defunding the police is NOT happening. The amendment is not relevant. It’s useless and just for show.

Demings said, “I served as a law enforcement officer for 27 years. It is a tough job, and good police officers deserve your support. It’s interesting to see my colleagues on the other side of the aisle support the police when it is politically convenient to do so.”

Deming told Jordan, “You and your colleagues should be ashamed of yourselves.” I’m pretty sure she already knows Jim Jordan, being a Trump sycophant, has no shame.

She also told the Republicans, “This is emotionally charging for me because I was a law enforcement officer. I have watched them live and die and you know nothing about that. To utilize them as political pawns pisses me off.”

As Jordan tried to interrupt, because he does that a lot with black women, Demings asked, “Did I strike a nerve?”

There should be a nerve there because Republicans only use police when it’s politically convenient. When it comes to choosing between Trump’s white nationalist MAGAt terrorists or cops, Republicans like Jim Jordan choose the terrorists. We literally have supporters of terrorism in Congress.

It’s kinda like being supportive of our troops until it’s not politically convenient. Republicans were outraged when Colin Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem and claimed it was disrespectful to our troops, but are still silent over reports Vladimir Putin placed bounties on our troops…and silent over Trump trying to cover it up.

Last week, Jim Jordan went over his allotted time during another House hearing and continued to berate Dr. Anthony Fauci for being a scientist. Jordan was screaming so hard, he couldn’t keep his face mask on. Then, Democrat Maxine Waters told Jordan to “shut your mouth.” Jim Jordan is on a roll when it comes to pissing off black women. They should make him a pie.

Jim Jordan is only useful to Republicans as a poo-flinging monkey. During committee hearings, he berates witnesses in the name of Trump, latches onto conspiracy theories, and repeats GOP talking points. Other Republicans often give him their allotted time so he can keep harassing witnesses. Jordan rarely asks any actual questions and spends most of his, and others’, time screaming for his white-privilege outrage.

Outside of screaming headlines for Fox News, OANN, Newsmax, and the Daily St*mer, Jordan is useless. The Center for Elective Law Making, a joint project between Vanderbilt University and the University of Virginia, ranked Jordan as the 202 most effective Republican in the House at passing legislation. There are 205 Republicans in the House. That would be like me being told as a cartoonist, I’m only better than Gary McCoy and that Branco fucker. That would hurt.

As my Uncle Rock would probably say if he was still alive, Jim Jordan is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

If you want someone to browbeat scientists, public servants, patriots, and black women, then Jim Jordan is your dude. If you need someone to look the other way while you sexually assault college wrestlers in the showers, Jim Jordan is your man. If you need someone who will actually do the job one typically expects of a congressman, like drafting, sponsoring, and passing legislation to make this country better, Jim Jordan is NOT the guy for that job. A poo-flinging monkey would probably rank higher than 202. A poo-flinging monkey would probably have the class and dignity to at least wear a jacket during committee hearings.

Jim Jordan is such a Trump sycophant, he’s picked up the Trump trait of feuding with black women…and being afraid of them. The question for Jim Jordan is: Are you merely a sexist asshole or are you a racist sexist asshole?

Even a poo-flinging monkey can see that Jim Jordan is a racist sexist asshole. Jim, put on a jacket and shut your pie hole.

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic