IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

Recently, and I can't find the post, someone asked her when they were going to have another baby and she said "ask me later this year." or some such thing. I think they may be doing this on purpose. Waiting a lot longer than her sisters did to space out the kids.  Carlin seems pretty happy with her mini-me and her life right now

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

43 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Recently, and I can't find the post, someone asked her when they were going to have another baby and she said "ask me later this year." or some such thing. I think they may be doing this on purpose. Waiting a lot longer than her sisters did to space out the kids.  Carlin seems pretty happy with her mini-me and her life right now

It was in an instastory. Honestly, I think Layla's medical issues likely made them cautious plus they are actively hunting for a house, so maybe they want that settled first? I think she will likely have a 2022 baby but I think she is making some conscious Choices with family size.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Also, Evan is still 'in school' as an electrician - they may be waiting until he's finished with all that and making more money.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

CarVan hit 100k subscribers on YouTube and now have a silver play button.  

I follow a different channel that hit the same milestone recently and has been at it longer (also gets boosts from a sibling’s channel that hit 1m subs earlier this year).  They’ve hit this at a really good pace.  

• Upvote 6

24 minutes ago, clueliss said:

CarVan hit 100k subscribers on YouTube and now have a silver play button.  

Can you explain the significance of the silver play button? Are they making money off of it? If so, are they the Bates to make the most off of social media?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

Can you explain the significance of the silver play button? Are they making money off of it? If so, are they the Bates to make the most off of social media?

I know nothing about YouTube bit it wouldn't surprise me if Carlin makes the most money of her sisters because she is by far the best at it. She posts a lot but she is good at selling things. I seriously considered buying the $200 blanket in her living room (still coveting it) and she is really good at encouraging engagement and she comes off as friendly plus the cute baby and the cute puppy help.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Their YouTube channel is monetized.  They get ad revenue from that.   

There are Mormon vlogging families I follow where the prime source of revenue coming in is from YouTube vlogging.  (In particular five two love and this is how we Bingham credit their channel with being able to not have a regular day job.  TIHWB is the channel that hit over 1m subs not that long ago.  That channel vlogs 6 days a week and has an online store where they sell merchandise)

Evan seems to be the driving force on the vlog.  And in today’s social media world they seem to be the best suited in the family to be self supporting if the show were to stop (and still be in the public eye)

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

So when a channel hits 100.000 subscribers on youtube the company sends them and award that consists on a "silver" (not real silver) play button with the channel name in it. There is also a 1 million subscribers Gold playbutton and a 10 millions diamond one. But a channel doesnt earn more money because of the subscribers, it is based on views, specifically on views on the adds that a video has. So if a viewer like myself has an adblocker they are not making any money with that view. It also depends a lot on where the people are viewing you from. They must get mostly an american audience so thats good for them, i say they probably are making a full salary already just with their youtube revenue.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, llucie said:

So when a channel hits 100.000 subscribers on youtube the company sends them and award that consists on a "silver" (not real silver) play button with the channel name in it. There is also a 1 million subscribers Gold playbutton and a 10 millions diamond one. But a channel doesnt earn more money because of the subscribers, it is based on views, specifically on views on the adds that a video has. So if a viewer like myself has an adblocker they are not making any money with that view. It also depends a lot on where the people are viewing you from. They must get mostly an american audience so thats good for them, i say they probably are making a full salary already just with their youtube revenue.

So after a quick check it looks like Austin and Joy and Jessa have 100k+ subscribers (the Dillards are getting close). Did they do anything special when they got their silver play button? Carlin is the only Bates girl to have one so far, but Alyssa is 25,000 away.

• Upvote 3

Carlin & Evan are the most natural in front of the camera.  The baby is just a cute little chunky monkey.  Their videos are fun.  I can definitely see why they have the following they have. 

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 1

For anyone curious, you can search them (or any channel) on Social Blade and see estimated earnings. 

I'm posting screenshot from their SB analysis - if you head to the page, you can scroll down for a break down on how much they might be earning per video. 

Screenshot_20210628_013303.thumb.jpg.e75375bf6f44bcaa060e062b687453a8.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

Carlin & Evan are the most natural in front of the camera.  The baby is just a cute little chunky monkey.  Their videos are fun.  I can definitely see why they have the following they have. 

I agree. I have never watched them on YouTube, but their instagram videos are really good. Carlin comes across as bubbly and enthusiastic, they have a good dynamic and Layla is adorable. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

So after a quick check it looks like Austin and Joy and Jessa have 100k+ subscribers (the Dillards are getting close). Did they do anything special when they got their silver play button? Carlin is the only Bates girl to have one so far, but Alyssa is 25,000 away.

I'm not sure if you automatically receive the button or if you have to request it. If it is the second one, I can imagine that only Carlin will actually do so.

• Upvote 3

You have to request it. 

Evan seems to really understand the whole YouTube thing.  Also they and Alyssa post on a schedule.  While Joy/Jessa/Jill seem to post very randomly.  They may not even be aware that the 100k is a 'thing.'

• Upvote 4

The Bates et al work at SM much harder. Does Evan work beyond the show? They likely need the money more than the other married couples who do have outside incomes. I guess Carlin does work. The Duggars are nothing but entitled.

33 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The Bates et al work at SM much harder. Does Evan work beyond the show? They likely need the money more than the other married couples who do have outside incomes. I guess Carlin does work. The Duggars are nothing but entitled.

Evan is an electrician apprentice. I saw somewhere recently that he has one year left of his apprenticeship, I think.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I think the one year detail was either in the latest video OR in their stories recently - they did Q&A while going to Nashville.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, clueliss said:

Evan seems to really understand the whole YouTube thing.  Also they and Alyssa post on a schedule.  While Joy/Jessa/Jill seem to post very randomly.  They may not even be aware that the 100k is a 'thing.'

Of course they know. They are in the youtube community. Duggars are dumb but not that dumb. I don't see Joy really interested in youtube fame and she has no charisma. But Jessa could have a relatively succesful channel and in fact, she tried to do. The problem with Jessa? She's too lazy OR is too busy (to make real.money you need to post often and to interact with "fans", post also in other social networks etc... It's not just recording a video). I don't blame her, if I had 3 kids plus a bump I wouldn't find the time to think about content, record it and then edit the videos. 

• Upvote 7

Carlin and Evan did a Q&A on their YT channel:

-Jinger sent them a question asking when they are going to visit them in LA.

-They are currently trying for a baby, Layla is in a good place health wise and they feel ready.

-They are looking for a bigger house to buy /land to build but the market is very bad at the moment.

-When they married they were planning to move to Nashville but didnt because they opened the boutique. When Evan graduates next year they may be moving.

-Carlin is not pregnant but she thought she was. They added a clip of her taking a pregnancy test and she was crying and very disappointed that it was negative.

-They want to homeschool Layla.

-If she was a boy Layla would have been named Oliver "Ollie" or Forrest. For a girl she liked Charlee Jo but Evan vetoed it because he thought it sounded like a boys name.

-When they were dating Carlin broke up with Evan once.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 16

2 hours ago, llucie said:

Carlin and Evan did a Q&A on their YT channel:

-Jinger sent them a question asking when they are going to visit them in LA.

-They are currently trying for a baby, Layla is in a good place health wise and they feel ready.

-They are looking for a bigger house to buy /land to build but the market is very bad at the moment.

-When they married they were planning to move to Nashville but didnt because they opened the boutique. When Evan graduates next year they may be moving.

-Carlin is not pregnant but she thought she was. They added a clip of her taking a pregnancy test and she was crying and very disappointed that it was negative.

-They want to homeschool Layla.

-If she was a boy Layla would have been named Oliver "Ollie" or Forrest. For a girl she liked Charlee Jo but Evan vetoed it because he thought it sounded like a boys name.

-When they were dating Carlin broke up with Evan once.

If Carlin gets pregnant in the next month, that will mean over 2 years between babies, which is pretty good. Especially if it is a deliberate choice. I think Carlin (and possibly Katie, just based on the Clark's smaller family) is my bet to practice spacing. I could see her having 4-5 children at 2 or so year intervals.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, llucie said:

If she was a boy Layla would have been named Oliver "Ollie" or Forrest

Is Forrest a normal name? I mean, I'm not from US, so I can be wrong, but it makes me think about Forrest Gump... and about the KKK leader that is also in the movie. 

3 hours ago, llucie said:

-They are currently trying for a baby, Layla is in a good place health wise and they feel ready

Well, it doesn't sound as "leaving it up to God". Good for them. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is Forrest a normal name? I mean, I'm not from US, so I can be wrong, but it makes me think about Forrest Gump... and about the KKK leader that is also in the movie. 

I've known a couple of Forrests.  It's not a common name, but it does get used occasionally.  

Not surprised they are trying. I'm also guessing 4-5 for them. They won't officially admit to preventing, but the wider spacing will make it obvious they're doing something. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Well, it doesn't sound as "leaving it up to God". Good for them. 

Carlin said in another previous Q&A that she got to watch Forrest Gun for the first time after she married and loved it and the name. Evan thinks its a joke of a name though so no way they would be naming a boy that.

• Upvote 2

Carlin refers to Layla as being premature. I have watched the birth episode and didn't catch that at all.  Also I know in the beginning Layla had some breathing/heart issues but I wasn't aware her problems were ongoing.  Can anyone catch me up?

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic