IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

It's been quite popular for a while now and I've been to a wedding with photo booth like this so guests could take pictures and put them into the guest book.

• Upvote 6

Carlin just seems to dote on Layla and love being with her and honestly that is how it should be. Layla is 17 months and no announcement from Carlin yet, so it looks like Layla might make it past two without a sibling and I wonder if Carlin, child #9, likes being able to give her child some of the one on one attention that she missed out on.

(Nothing wrong with babies close together, my two oldest are 20 months apart, but I am also not one of 19 and was only ever going to have 3). 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 15

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Carlin just seems to dote on Layla and love being with her and honestly that is how it should be.

I agree, but I also feel Carlin was traumatised by Layla‘s health issues and is super scared of having to go through anything like that again (no proof, just the vibe I’m getting from her).

I will honestly never understand why fundies keep their kids so sheltered and then expect them to magically grow up once they’re married. When I was 20, I’d been living with my boyfriend for a couple of years and then went abroad for a year all by myself - so I was probably far more mature and independent than any of the Bates girls. But in no way would I have been equipped to handle a traumatic miscarriage or a sick baby at that age! It must be such a nightmare for them.

• Upvote 13

10 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I agree, but I also feel Carlin was traumatised by Layla‘s health issues and is super scared of having to go through anything like that again (no proof, just the vibe I’m getting from her).

I will honestly never understand why fundies keep their kids so sheltered and then expect them to magically grow up once they’re married. When I was 20, I’d been living with my boyfriend for a couple of years and then went abroad for a year all by myself - so I was probably far more mature and independent than any of the Bates girls. But in no way would I have been equipped to handle a traumatic miscarriage or a sick baby at that age! It must be such a nightmare for them.

I agree. I got th same vibe from an instastory where she talked about Layla's medical issues and I do get the feeling with them, they are purposely spreading out their blessings and I think it is good, for them and Layla. Although I do wonder if Carlin wants another from her videos of her with the new babies, it does seem like a bit of baby fever. 

I also agree about the age thing. I was 33 and a mother of two when I had a medically vulnerable child and I struggled to cope. I could not have managed well at 20. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 5

In the new arrival section of the boutique, Carlin is modeling a maternity dress and in a couple of pictures she looks definitely pregnant and not at the earliest stage ? the first one could be just the pose but the others...https://batessistersboutique.com/product/hello-miz-blue-3-4-sleeve-maternity-dress/

• Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

9 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

In the new arrival section of the boutique, Carlin is modeling a maternity dress and in a couple of pictures she looks definitely pregnant and not at the earliest stage ? the first one could be just the pose but the others...https://batessistersboutique.com/product/hello-miz-blue-3-4-sleeve-maternity-dress/

Having “maternity dress” in the URL and the name of the dress is a definite tell. I would say it could have been while she was pregnant with Layla if it weren’t in the new arrivals section. Good catch! Why would she let them post that when she hasn’t announced?!

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Yes, this is what I find strange, I also checked the Instagram page of the boutique and that dress is not on the photos I saw...#1 and #2 could have just been a little pouch or a bloating day or anything, but #3 and #4 show a definite bump and not even a earlier one so I guess we will have an announce soon 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Having “maternity dress” in the URL and the name of the dress is a definite tell. I would say it could have been while she was pregnant with Layla if it weren’t in the new arrivals section. Good catch! Why would she let them post that when she hasn’t announced?!

Hello, she's even showing off her bump. There will be an announcement as soon as she can round up her stable of photographers.

image.png.fc6c8e061d0fbb566a0a004821ee1b72.png

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

It can’t be a picture from when she was pregnant with Layla since her hair was long and dark with Layla. The only explanation would be a pregnancy pad to make her look pregnant for the maternity dress. But there is always someone pregnant in the family. So I don’t know why that would be necessary. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It can’t be a picture from when she was pregnant with Layla since her hair was long and dark with Layla. The only explanation would be a pregnancy pad to make her look pregnant for the maternity dress. But there is always someone pregnant in the family. So I don’t know why that would be necessary. 

On the other hand…that’s about how pregnant Carlin looked when she was in her third trimester with Layla. She carries super small…if she’s already that big (no problem if someone else is bigger…I was way huger than that by my second trimester) the baby’s arrival could be sooner than later. That’s my main reasoning for thinking a pregnancy pad.

Honestly…you could probably ask Carlin on Instagram and she might answer!

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

In the pampers ad she had in skinny jeans she did not look pregnant. 

They are known for filming or taking pictures of something than posting it way later, so she could just be posting photos when she wasn't showing yet.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

They are known for filming or taking pictures of something than posting it way later, so she could just be posting photos when she wasn't showing yet.

I would think it would be harder to pass off months-old photos as current when they feature a toddler. They grow/change pretty fast at that age. I think it's possible Carlin is pregnant, but I think it could also be a fake bump for the photo shoot. I've seen other boutiques do the same thing when they don't have a pregnant model. And assuming they were going for "cute little bump" and not "about to pop bump" their options were pretty limited. Erin and Michael are both unlikely to be pregnant, Whitney and Josie just had babies (or at the time of the photoshoot could've been about to give birth), Alyssa just had a baby and lives out of state, and Tori is due any day and as far as I can tell doesn't pose for the boutique. They aren't going to put a fake bump on unmarried Katie, so that leaves Carlin. I'm leaning towards fake bump, only because I can't see Carlin passing up the opportunity to announce in some splashy, public way. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

My prediction: these super-twee Fathers Day tea party in a field pictures were really a baby #2 announcement photoshoot:

image.png.d66537001ee41f780fe150f7b7b3978f.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQWljGwBuUK/

I could have lived quite happily without seeing a crotch shot of Evan. 

And another baby outfit I don’t care for. Her fondness for romper/knee sock combinations baffles me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 6

Just looking at pictures of the other new arrivals she's photographed in, she doesn’t have a bump that large in any of them. There are several side view shots where it would be obvious if she had a bump like that, but she only has one in the maternity dress pic. I’m going with it was a prop for the shoot. Of course, watch me say that and she announces a pregnancy next week. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

I don’t think this is how Carlin would choose to announce a pregnancy. Probably just a prop. If she announces soon it will probably be around 13 weeks.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

She doesn't look remotely pregnant in this picture from Memorial Day. Like that would be a huge belly jump in 3 weeks. 

Screenshot_20210624-213559~2.png

5 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

I would think it would be harder to pass off months-old photos as current when they feature a toddler. They grow/change pretty fast at that age. I think it's possible Carlin is pregnant, but I think it could also be a fake bump for the photo shoot. I've seen other boutiques do the same thing when they don't have a pregnant model. And assuming they were going for "cute little bump" and not "about to pop bump" their options were pretty limited. Erin and Michael are both unlikely to be pregnant, Whitney and Josie just had babies (or at the time of the photoshoot could've been about to give birth), Alyssa just had a baby and lives out of state, and Tori is due any day and as far as I can tell doesn't pose for the boutique. They aren't going to put a fake bump on unmarried Katie, so that leaves Carlin. I'm leaning towards fake bump, only because I can't see Carlin passing up the opportunity to announce in some splashy, public way. 

That is what I was thinking. Erin and Michael probably wouldn't be willing to pose with a fake pregnancy (and it would be insensitive to ask) and they are basically at the end of a huge pregnancy run, with only Tori left and she is due any day 

3 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Just looking at pictures of the other new arrivals she's photographed in, she doesn’t have a bump that large in any of them. There are several side view shots where it would be obvious if she had a bump like that, but she only has one in the maternity dress pic. I’m going with it was a prop for the shoot. Of course, watch me say that and she announces a pregnancy next week. 

Yeah, this is in New Arrivals and she doesn't look remotely pregnant here.

Screenshot_20210624-214508.png

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

18 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

She doesn't look remotely pregnant in this picture from Memorial Day. Like that would be a huge belly jump in 3 weeks. 

Screenshot_20210624-213559~2.png

That is what I was thinking. Erin and Michael probably wouldn't be willing to pose with a fake pregnancy (and it would be insensitive to ask) and they are basically at the end of a huge pregnancy run, with only Tori left and she is due any day 

Yeah, this is in New Arrivals and she doesn't look remotely pregnant here.

Screenshot_20210624-214508.png

Of course…Layla being 18 months old, and the fact that she hasn’t posted anything on Instagram saying, “lol, guys, it was just a pregnancy pad, I’m *not* really pregnant, lol!” Makes it seem like she *could* be pregnant, just very early on and not nearly as far along as the picture would suggest. She’s not mentioning it because she doesn’t want to lie and backtrack in a couple weeks when she does her real announcement.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I think that's a fake bump. But I won't be surprised if she is pregnant, they've talked about another baby for a while now.

• Upvote 5

Scroll down and it states model is wearing a pregnancy bump to reflect the most accurate fit.  So she’s not pregnant (or if she is she’s not showing as per other recently posted photos.) 65403DDB-9E44-45EB-8891-EF3D37B8AAAA.thumb.jpeg.43a30b05bfb49656b8c97ed7fcad1fd3.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 17

Thank you @Karma! I was just about to say that. Yes it's a fake bump. 

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if she was pregnant again. Erin posed in maternity clothes  at the beginning of her pregnancy with Holland before it was announced.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Karma said:

Scroll down and it states model is wearing a pregnancy bump to reflect the most accurate fit.  So she’s not pregnant (or if she is she’s not showing as per other recently posted photos.) 65403DDB-9E44-45EB-8891-EF3D37B8AAAA.thumb.jpeg.43a30b05bfb49656b8c97ed7fcad1fd3.jpeg

For what it's worth, I do think that note was added later in time, potentially after getting so many questions about it. I remember looking earlier yesterday at the site, and I do not believe I saw that statement there, but I could also be wrong.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic