IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

And sadly, since the Bateses start homeschooling at the toddler level, I think they get the false impression that it’s easy to do so because initially the work is easy and almost rote. Unfortunately and despite the fact that some of the parents have been to “college,” I wonder how rigorous their courses were. Are any of these folks competent enough to teach advanced maths, science or foreign language? 

• Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Unfortunately and despite the fact that some of the parents have been to “college,” I wonder how rigorous their courses were. Are any of these folks competent enough to teach advanced maths, science or foreign language? 

I went to a real college but my eldest is a teenager and I have trouble helping him in Maths and Tech. I don't think parents can properly teach high school level, no matter how many degrees they have.  

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I went to a real college but my eldest is a teenager and I have trouble helping him in Maths and Tech. I don't think parents can properly teach high school level, no matter how many degrees they have.  

Totally agree with this. I never took Calculus so I certainly couldn’t teach it.

• Upvote 7

On 4/26/2021 at 1:01 PM, Melissa1977 said:

I have two elementary age girls and five degrees, including a degree in elementary education (never used). I can't teach them though. COVID and hybrid learning was rough. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

On 4/25/2021 at 1:46 PM, MomJeans said:

I'm not against responsible homeschooling, and for that reason I'm really hoping that Carlin doesn't homeschool.

The fact that she didn't immediately say "we're homeschooling for sure!" gives me a small bit of hope.  

Idk. I feel like fundies do this a lot. “I don’t know when we will have more kids, maybe a year.” Is the same thing to me. They say it but they don’t really mean it. They just want to obfuscate their more extreme beliefs. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I feel like they throw a lot of this on Tori. Like she might actually be the one schooling everyone. 

• Upvote 5

Carlin put pictures up of the baby on instagram and she has has her in bell-bottoms. I can't understand why. It looks like a tripping hazard. I dressed my girls cute back when they were small but their clothes were functional about all else. Warm/cool enough, easy to clean, easy to play in, etc (Channeling my grandmother here). I find Carlin and Evan's parenting so odd.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Per Carlin’s Instagram stories they are in Nashville for Evan’s brother’s wedding. Evan is best man. Looks to be going to be an outdoor ceremony from the video Carlin posted of the rehearsal. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Carlin finally answered. This one actually surprised me a bit. 

Hide contents

E4F04ACF-48D1-4038-B86C-A897C742E9DE.thumb.jpeg.f390fbaf21655ea49469e14b11365817.jpeg

Erin answered this one in a live the other night. She said that they did save their first kiss. No real surprise. She did talk about how hard it was. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 4

So just Zach & Whitney, Alyssa & John, Josie & Kelton all just admitting to being horny heathens then?

3 couples kissed before marriage.
3 did not.

That leaves us with Katie & Travis (I definitely think they've saved the kiss), Nathan & Esther (not waiting), and jury is out on Lawson & Tiffany.

• Upvote 14

3 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

So just Zach & Whitney, Alyssa & John, Josie & Kelton all just admitting to being horny heathens then?

Those horny heatens seem to have good marriages and the 3 husbands seem to respect their wives. I say *seem* because they are fundies after all and who knows. Anyway, their younger siblings have an example that kissing and having privacy pre-marriage helps relationships and is nothing bad. How can Gil and Kelly defend that kissing is a fault and a sin, if their children do it and their marriages are succesful? 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Oops, messed up the quote. “How can Gil and Kelly defend that kissing is a fault and a sin, if their children do it and their marriages are successful?”

Gil and Kelly also kissed. Absolute hypocrisy, do as I say not as I do.

Edited by Angelface
Messed up quote
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Why is Layla going on the trip with Carlin to pick a weddingdress for Katie? Maybe she is still nursing but otherwise it seems weird to not keep her home with Evan and family.

Also, Layla was half naked in church again. She looks so uncomfortable.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Evan has a job and Kelly is going with Carlin so maybe childcare is an issue? I have no idea how close Evan's family lives or if they work and whatnot.

Or maybe Carlin just wanted to bring her. ?? I don't really think it's that weird.

• Upvote 4

On 4/29/2021 at 1:35 PM, fluffernutter said:

Carlin put pictures up of the baby on instagram and she has has her in bell-bottoms. I can't understand why. It looks like a tripping hazard. I dressed my girls cute back when they were small but their clothes were functional about all else. Warm/cool enough, easy to clean, easy to play in, etc (Channeling my grandmother here). I find Carlin and Evan's parenting so odd.

Thank you!  She's posted pics of bell bottoms like this multiple times and I've thought the same thing. image.png.58d1dc7891592086ef7ad612241e7b58.png

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Maybe she dresses Layla with less clothes because she was forced to wear so much as a child? She has lots of sisters with girls and her mom to get advice from if she truly didn’t know how to dress her daughter appropriately. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Maybe she dresses Layla with less clothes because she was forced to wear so much as a child? She has lots of sisters with girls and her mom to get advice from if she truly didn’t know how to dress her daughter appropriately. 

Yes and maybe she doesn't want to be like her mother or some of her sisters.

• Upvote 2

On 5/3/2021 at 5:42 PM, CarrotCake said:

Why is Layla going on the trip with Carlin to pick a weddingdress for Katie? Maybe she is still nursing but otherwise it seems weird to not keep her home with Evan and family.

Also, Layla was half naked in church again. She looks so uncomfortable.

Aside of nursing, Carlin may be very attached to Layla and prefer to travel with her. No problem with a mom travelling alone (it may be refreshing!) but I don't see the issue with traveling with Layla. Well, of course there is a pandemic, but it doesn't exist at Bates eyes, so... 

• Upvote 5

Evan is working. Per Carlin’s stories on Instagram he is joining them in Florida for  a long weekend ( think he has Friday off atm).

• Upvote 5

To be fair on this topic, maybe she wanted Layla to see her cousins. 

• Upvote 6

Trying to be careful with my words so as not to break rules and speculate ... Carlin’s still large bosom suggests (in my OP) she may still be partially breastfeeding. But I also agree she might just want to bring her to meet the cousins or for childcare reasons. 

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic