IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

33 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t understand why a gal who has a diagnosed reproductive problem, in a family with many pregnancy losses would announce so early. Going all out with announcements and clothing etc. has to make the losses even more difficult. Fingers crossed that all goes well. 

This is kind of an outdated philosophy, now people are encouraged to be more open with loss instead of treat it as a secret and I think Carlin is the type who would be generally confronted by sympathy from strangers. O have a family member who is the same and actually said that she was comforted that people knew about her loss (she announced she was pregnant early and lost it a week or so later)  and that they had celebrate d the pregnancy with her, as short as it had been. 

29 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Because it would be more comfortable for Layla to have a loose Tshirt. 

Would it? I hate loose shirts, I hated them when I was a child and my children have told me they prefer clothes that fit snuffer (boys and girls). I know Layla is too young to have an opinion and maybe she really would prefer loose clothes but there is no universal preference for clothes. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

The tied t-shirt doesn't bother me nearly as much as some of the other outfit choices Carlin has made for Layla. I don't think it is a choice I would have made for a 2 year old unless the shirt was really big and getting in the way. My girls were always small for their ages and I can remember tying many summer camp shirts over the years, though this was 8-14 years ago so before it was trendy again. None of my kids liked clothing that was loose or baggy. I tied the shirts in the back though and left them a bit longer/looser than Layla's shirt is, but same idea basically, though it was more for function than looks.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t understand why a gal who has a diagnosed reproductive problem, in a family with many pregnancy losses would announce so early. Going all out with announcements and clothing etc. has to make the losses even more difficult. Fingers crossed that all goes well. 

Maybe Carlin doesn’t think a miscarriage could happen to her and isn’t worried (that might be a little naive, but if I’m right, at least she isn’t one to suffer from constantly thinking of all that could go wrong, so I can’t really fault her for that). Or announcing early would make the existence of the pregnancy known and give her meaning after a loss, e.g. along the lines of “at least my baby has touched lives and I can now give a testimony to other mothers who had to go through miscarriages and give them hope, tell them about Jesus, etc.” Who knows… 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

Maybe Carlin doesn’t think a miscarriage could happen to her and isn’t worried (that might be a little naive, but if I’m right, at least she isn’t one to suffer from constantly thinking of all that could go wrong, so I can’t really fault her for that). Or announcing early would make the existence of the pregnancy known and give her meaning after a loss, e.g. along the lines of “at least my baby has touched lives and I can now give a testimony to other mothers who had to go through miscarriages and give them hope, tell them about Jesus, etc.” Who knows… 

The Bates family seems very open about miscarriage, about acknowledging and grieving lost pregnancies. Kelly gave all of her lost babies names. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

The Bates family seems very open about miscarriage, about acknowledging and grieving lost pregnancies. Kelly gave all of her lost babies names. 

I believe it's part personal preference and part political agenda. Personhood from the moment of conception and all that...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

She mentioned in her last video she wanted to announce as soon as possible so people could start praying for the pregnancy and the baby. The "not announcing until the second thrimester" thing its in case something goes wrong with pregnancy, but if you plan to talk all about the miscarriage if it happens and be very public about any complication it doesnt really matter when you announce really.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I believe it's part personal preference and part political agenda. Personhood from the moment of conception and all that...

This is very good point. There is definitely a sinister undertone of emphasizing their toxic beliefs. 

• Upvote 10

It looks to me as though with her arms down, the t-shirt would fit comfortably and loosely over the top of Layla's shorts. 

I've always been sensitive to fabrics and the way they fit, prefer close-fitting than too baggy. For ex., I dislike men's t-shirts because of all the extra fabric under the armpit. I was far worse about things when I was a child. But that looks like a fair happy medium to me. 

• Upvote 3

Layla’s wearing a cute pair of shorts and we wouldn’t be able to see all the details if her t-shirt was loose. I don’t understand all the social media influencer stuff. Is Carlin possibly getting paid to post photos of Layla in certain outfits or does Carlin just think the shorts are cute and wants them to be seen?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Layla’s wearing a cute pair of shorts and we wouldn’t be able to see all the details if her t-shirt was loose. I don’t understand all the social media influencer stuff. Is Carlin possibly getting paid to post photos of Layla in certain outfits or does Carlin just think the shorts are cute and wants them to be seen?

She links to a lot of Layla’s clothes (and her own) after the fact and might get sponsored offers for some of them 

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2021 at 8:33 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Would it? I hate loose shirts, I hated them when I was a child and my children have told me they prefer clothes that fit snuffer (boys and girls). I know Layla is too young to have an opinion and maybe she really would prefer loose clothes but there is no universal preference for clothes. 

Everybody's different. But toddlers do a lot of climbing, crawling, etc, and my thought was that a giant bump in her front would just get in her way. If she indicated that she didn't like loose clothing, just buy a shirt that fits.  I don't understand buying a super loose shirt for a toddler, or having her have a giant knot either. Just buy the shirt to fit the kid and be done with it.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Everybody's different. But toddlers do a lot of climbing, crawling, etc, and my thought was that a giant bump in her front would just get in her way. If she indicated that she didn't like loose clothing, just buy a shirt that fits.  I don't understand buying a super loose shirt for a toddler, or having her have a giant knot either. Just buy the shirt to fit the kid and be done with it.

My guess is Carlin bought the big sister shirt in a size to fit Layla next April and then tied it up to make it fit now for the photo op.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

My guess is Carlin bought the big sister shirt in a size to fit Layla next April and then tied it up to make it fit now for the photo op.

Hmmm, I don’t think I can credit Carlin with having that much forethought and common sense. More likely scenario is it’s the smallest size that was available at the time-

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

I know Carlin uses a text to voice translator for a lot of her stories but this error is hilarious. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210907-145524.thumb.png.df8a404cc64756b6c6d64db459a36882.png

That is an entirely different store... probably a much cooler one. 

• Haha 20

I wish filters would go away. I am pushing 50 and loathe when women my age use them. It makes them look like a waxy corpse and it screams (imo anyway) of insecurity. I own my lines! I earned them, ya know? But whyyyy would a young person use them?! 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I wish filters would go away. I am pushing 50 and loathe when women my age use them. It makes them look like a waxy corpse and it screams (imo anyway) of insecurity. I own my lines! I earned them, ya know? But whyyyy would a young person use them?! 

I uses filters a lot because I don't want to bother putting on makeup. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I uses filters a lot because I don't want to bother putting on makeup. 

Even though I'm old enough that filters would mostly look strange on me, I'd probably do a very light bit of Photoshop correction on a photo I wanted to use to represent me online. And if a filter makes you feel more like your best you, I'm all for it. Or if you like to make silly faces, etc. It's all pretty fun. I just don't like when someone renders themselves to flatness or spookiness in order to hide perceived flaws, and sort of passing that off as their real selves; I wonder if they have trouble facing what's actually there. 

Which I relate to so, so hard. Post-menopause, I actually don't like looking at myself at all, even though if I see women with (maybe?) more lumps or sags or whatever, I don't even think of judging them unfavorably. It's just that I see a different person on my outside than has always been on my inside. I agree with Madeline L'Engle who said, "I am all the ages I have been," and I like that. But I do not see what I used to like seeing; it's all but disappeared, whereas the bits I never did like seem more exaggerated than ever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 11

I had forgotten about the belief that a zygote IS A person. I get how some people believe that , but what I don’t understand is that so many people of the people who loudly and proudly support this belief also seem to not give a fig about taking the best care of those zygotes once they develop and are born. Yes, conception, development and birth are amazing, but then the real work FOR PARENTS begins. Once I start seeing solid follow through from birth to adulthood, I might start taking these people and their beliefs on being pro-life seriously. Remember how the Duggars treated GP Duggar before he died? I wasn’t seeing the supreme support and love of life from the Duggars vs the spectacle surrounding the very early loss of Lauren’s first pregnancy, which included a birthday? Cake at Bella’s baby shower. Yes, all   loss of life is painful, but not all leave the same void-

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

It’s almost as if Carlin reads here….

We were wondering where Izzy is and she posted an update that their trainer called and they have a date set to go pick her up. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s almost as if Carlin reads here….

We were wondering where Izzy is and she posted an update that their trainer called and they have a date set to go pick her up. 

People kept asking her on instagram. Thats why she already had mentioned a week ago they were going to pick up the dog soon.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Uggggg another high risk pregnancy, additional screening and perinatology visit, based on OB history and current ultrasound. I hate this. Can you imagine the stress? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic