IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

I'm not convinced she's coming back. This was in the comments on Carlin's Izzy post:

Screenshot_20210903_131117.thumb.jpg.fa2387789d55cbce56d7a8a29e05518d.jpg

Wouldn't she already be with them by now? 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I'm not convinced she's coming back. This was in the comments on Carlin's Izzy post:

Screenshot_20210903_131117.thumb.jpg.fa2387789d55cbce56d7a8a29e05518d.jpg

Wouldn't she already be with them by now? 

Being rehomed might be the best outcome for all concerned. We have a 1 year puppy. Puppies are a good deal of work and introduce many nights of little sleep. It’s just the 2 dogs, my husband and me in the home. We are technically Senior citizens and I’m retired…last week our girl ate our ballots for the CA recall election. She uses her long front paw to access any and all items (Golden Ret.) How dare I shower? I can’t imagine having a puppy and toddler while being newly PG, especially if I had the maturation and common sense level of Carlin-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Being rehomed might be the best outcome for all concerned. We have a 1 year puppy. Puppies are a good deal of work and introduce many nights of little sleep. It’s just the 2 dogs, my husband and me in the home. We are technically Senior citizens and I’m retired…last week our girl ate our ballots for the CA recall election. She uses her long front paw to access any and all items (Golden Ret.) How dare I shower? I can’t imagine having a puppy and toddler while being newly PG, especially if I had the maturation and common sense level of Carlin-

I agree. This is why I always tell people not to get a puppy when they have babies/toddlers or are planning on getting pregnant soon. I can’t tell you how many dogs/puppies I’ve seen being rehomed because people couldn’t handle a baby and a puppy at the same time. We all knew that the puppy wouldn’t last when Carlin got that dog. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. This is why I always tell people not to get a puppy when they have babies/toddlers or are planning on getting pregnant soon. I can’t tell you how many dogs/puppies I’ve seen being rehomed because people couldn’t handle a baby and a puppy at the same time. We all knew that the puppy wouldn’t last when Carlin got that dog. 

People definitely don't think things through. I am 8 months pregnant with an 8 month old puppy + an almost 4 year old dog and it is EXHAUSTING. 

I reduced my workload from 40 hours/week to 35/week solely so I could have an extra hour in the morning to get the dogs ready before I leave. People who don't want to take care of their dogs similar to the way they would care for a human should DEFINITELY NOT get a puppy while pregnant haha

• Upvote 10
  • Love 14

I remember being so annoyed with our cat when I was pregnant and when I had a newborn. We didn’t get rid of her, but I totally realized I was much more annoyed with her while I was pregnant and sleep deprived with a newborn. And cats need way less attention than puppies! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 15

16 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Aw, so sweet.  I hope you got you're replacement ballots!! 🗳 🙏😘

Yep- I’m sure I am now on a government list, “the dog ate my ballot” 😂

• Haha 18
  • Love 1

I don’t know why she picked such a high energy dog?  I know I know a cute bundle of Instagram likes fluff. 
My Dashie (Doxie for the USA) is so low key. I could totes handle her and a newborn. I mean she just wants to hang with me and sleep and occasionally chew things. She is so little that she gets enough exercise from the backyard. I do plan to start walking her in two weeks when her last needle kicks in. But she has coped without walking up until then. 
There are plenty of Insta worthy pretty and lazy dogs she could have picked. A big fat sleepy bulldog. 
I love big loud dogs. I can’t handle one so I would never own one. I picked what would fit my household. It’s an upside she is so Insta worthy too. 

Spoiler

5FAA9279-21CB-4BD2-808B-1D090BB13815.thumb.jpeg.5b1c6b36795f2590d63fa2c7fea78a6d.jpeg7B5FD9AE-2F41-4EEE-8630-E4CD7BEC5903.thumb.jpeg.5460d839abfebb75ede80629a8e9832b.jpeg6D4EE8A8-CD8F-40C1-B8E4-1BC9D9F5EC35.thumb.jpeg.94bc71d4396820e6ffec79d12a453029.jpeg1581EC2A-BD3E-42C6-A064-A768B6ECA744.thumb.jpeg.13b1231b615d8dce9a60c4b44e5eccfc.jpegF5A09469-A65F-4806-A818-AC0D8DD4E169.thumb.jpeg.ef6876b01e36b126dc69c9f097d3f390.jpeg56026734-205A-4408-AD84-18422F9FB30F.thumb.jpeg.07576706795f4c165b9af3742b154402.jpegF5C81B52-759F-47AC-9E6E-4B9DB25316CB.thumb.jpeg.4f35728ca9fed4d5cd166d0a19a6b5a0.jpeg

Sorry for the Dixie spam. We loves her. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 44

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

That's why my dad and I adopted an older dog a couple years ago. We really wanted a dog but knew that a puppy wasn't the right fit for us. With our various health problems we wouldn't be able to give a puppy the amount of attention, training and play with that they need. It really wouldn't be fair to a puppy. So we looked at older dogs at the Humane Society a couple times before adopting a 7 year old black lab.  She really was a great dog. She was already house trained and spent most of her time with her last owner in dog carrier. She didn't know what to do with a whole house and backyard to run around in at first. But soon she had the run of the place. She was a perfect fit. We only had her for two years. But it was worth it.   

• Upvote 3
  • Love 30

3 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

That's why my dad and I adopted an older dog a couple years ago. We really wanted a dog but knew that a puppy wasn't the right fit for us. With our various health problems we wouldn't be able to give a puppy the amount of attention, training and play with that they need. It really wouldn't be fair to a puppy. So we looked at older dogs at the Humane Society a couple times before adopting a 7 year old black lab.  She really was a great dog. She was already house trained and spent most of her time with her last owner in dog carrier. She didn't know what to do with a whole house and backyard to run around in at first. But soon she had the run of the place. She was a perfect fit. We only had her for two years. But it was worth it.   

Sounds Like she had the best retirement and a joyful walk over the rainbow bridge to wait to meet you again. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 8

I haven’t ever adopted a kitten. I always go to a cat rescue and get an adult. I much prefer a cat that’s already got it’s adult personality set and isn’t a bundle of energy. Kittens are adorable but they are bundles of energy that like to get into everything. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Carlin and Evan have a new YouTube video of Evan finding out. She said that she calculated her due date through an app and she said her due date is April 9th. That would mean that she is 9 weeks after pregnant today and was 8 weeks along when she announced. The due date might have changed after they went to get an ultrasound but it probably wouldn’t change much. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

13 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

We've adopted older dogs! They are a well-kept secret, so easy and low maintenance!  Owner-surrendered dogs are usually housetrained and well-behaved. So much less work than a puppy, they always fit right into our household!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

So seeing that I don't have to go back to work till next year (in person) and it's a hybird situation, I'm thinking instead of doing a puppy to get an young-ish/adult dog since I'll be home and the cases you guys are making are making me deeply research!

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I haven’t ever adopted a kitten. I always go to a cat rescue and get an adult. I much prefer a cat that’s already got it’s adult personality set and isn’t a bundle of energy. Kittens are adorable but they are bundles of energy that like to get into everything. 

We got a kitten last year and it was so much work. I hadn't had a kitten since I was a teenager and back then my mom did all the work, so it caught me off-guard just how much energy they take.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Fuck me BEC but is it just a young person thing but who the fuck ties up a babies tshirt? I bet she is not going to be allowed to tie it like that once she gets boobs. 
I dunno maybe being Aussie and ginger I’m scared of the sun so for me T-shirts’ are meant to cover and protect the body first and foremost (for kids) and a fashion a distant second. Second importance for me is that my kid likes it and is comfortable in it. Hence why my girl has been in a Spider-Man shirt most every day of her life since two. 
I wonder what Carlin would do if she had a daughter like mine who’s taste in clothes goes totally against her Instagram ideal. My kid is pretty good she knows she has too look nice for photos and special occasions and other than that her mother doesn’t care what she wears as long as it is weather appropriate. 
anyway trivial but that’s my BEC for the day. 

B7074CDF-A7B2-4045-9D79-5044BD209FCB.png

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Fuck me BEC but is it just a young person thing but who the fuck ties up a babies tshirt? I bet she is not going to be allowed to tie it like that once she gets boobs. 
I dunno maybe being Aussie and ginger I’m scared of the sun so for me T-shirts’ are meant to cover and protect the body first and foremost (for kids) and a fashion a distant second. Second importance for me is that my kid likes it and is comfortable in it. Hence why my girl has been in a Spider-Man shirt most every day of her life since two. 
I wonder what Carlin would do if she had a daughter like mine who’s taste in clothes goes totally against her Instagram ideal. My kid is pretty good she knows she has too look nice for photos and special occasions and other than that her mother doesn’t care what she wears as long as it is weather appropriate. 
anyway trivial but that’s my BEC for the day. 

B7074CDF-A7B2-4045-9D79-5044BD209FCB.png

It wouldn’t even occur to me to tie a baby’s shirt like that. Carlin tends to dress her in a lot of very trendy adult clothing. I liked to dress my babies in comfy baby clothing most of the time. I swear my younger son lived in zip up sleepers for the first year of his life. I wonder if Carlin will calm down with the trendy clothing once she has two. I was exhausted having two and didn’t care about clothing too much. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

I admit I used to take a lot of joy in dressing my kids up. My first was a boy and he had a lot of little old man outfits. They wore onesies and sleepers around the house a lot but I always dressed them up if we were leaving the house. My daughter is 5 and she takes a lot of care with her outfits. I struggle with anxiety and depression and find getting dressed, putting on makeup made me feel better and when my babies were little, I found putting care into their outfits really helped. 

I am sure Carlin is just doing it for the 'gram but I also think she isn't unusual in how she dresses Layla if my social feed is anything to go by. And I have noted that Layla wears the same awful pinkish-brown (I think? She filters so much I can't tell) PJs at home a lot. 

• Love 9

Carlin does a lot of ridiculous things, but I find it hard to critisize the tied tshirt. She tied it and took a picture of her "trendy" toddler. Similar than others putting their girls a bow or whatever accesory. The ripped jeans Layla wore some time ago? Awful, because were dangerous to walk with. But a tied t-shirt? Why not?

• Upvote 10

I just read that this was layla’s “big sister” t shirt. The knot covers the wording so kind of defeats the purpose.  🤷‍♀️ Lord knows. I’m totes not trendy. Demonstrated by my use of the phrase totes lol. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I don’t understand why a gal who has a diagnosed reproductive problem, in a family with many pregnancy losses would announce so early. Going all out with announcements and clothing etc. has to make the losses even more difficult. Fingers crossed that all goes well. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Carlin does a lot of ridiculous things, but I find it hard to critisize the tied tshirt. She tied it and took a picture of her "trendy" toddler. Similar than others putting their girls a bow or whatever accesory. The ripped jeans Layla wore some time ago? Awful, because were dangerous to walk with. But a tied t-shirt? Why not?

Because it would be more comfortable for Layla to have a loose Tshirt. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic