IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

12 minutes ago, llucie said:

In the video they just uploaded she says she is testing early and then Evan mentions "monday is going to be august" so this probably was the last week of july. I think that means she is around 8 weeks? a bit early to announce, but then people had already figured out she was pregnant.

I'm guessing she posted the negative test video a little later than it happened, but still. With a sister going through genuine infertility, one negative test on video followed by a positive the next cycle is really insensitive. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I saw those pics and All I could think is ‘those fucking dickwads  better have bought all that stuff (doubtful) or put it all back neatly and in the right place’ You know people are dickheads when that is your first thought not ‘oh congratulations’.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Is it normal for people to have a stash of pregnancy tests? That screams....well, a lot of things, to me. But, maybe it's normal and I'm just not hip to the needs of modern, child bearing age women. 

Some of my (non-fundie) friends keep a few around but they have pcos and test to confirm they’re /not/ pregnant.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Oh dear lord. These two are so ridiculous. Behaving like that in a store and then taking pics and posting it. It  reminds me of how 12 year olds allowed to go to the mall for the first time without parents would behave. 🙄 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Oh dear lord. These two are so ridiculous. Behaving like that in a store and then taking pics and posting it. It  reminds me of how 12 year olds allowed to go to the mall for the first time without parents would behave. 🙄 

That is basically what they are, to be fair. Except they are breeding. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, artdecades said:

She really out Carlin’d herself throwing a full on photo shoot at target. 

I currently work a Target store. A couple of years ago we had a store manager, who took her engagement photos in the store. I wasn’t there that night but I got all the details the next day. She came in with a red cocktail dress and her fiance had a red dress shirt and khaki pants. She even made him a name tag. Apparently some of the employees were standing around watching them and the photographer. At one point they were posing near a cart by housewares. Everybody couldn’t stop laughing about it the next day. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

Since Carlin is pregnant, I hope this one is a boy. I am curious to see if she would dress him in the same kind of weird impractical outfits that she dresses Layla. (A boy's version, of course, knowing her beliefs.)

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, llucie said:

In the video they just uploaded she says she is testing early and then Evan mentions "monday is going to be august" so this probably was the last week of july. I think that means she is around 8 weeks? a bit early to announce, but then people had already figured out she was pregnant.

It's sooner than that. She doesn't have her hair extensions yet. She got those about two weeks ago.

• Upvote 2

Why? A photo shoot in Target? Just why??? Read the room, there is a pandemic going on, ain’t nobody hot time for this bullshit! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

It's sooner than that. She doesn't have her hair extensions yet. She got those about two weeks ago.

I dont think i understand what you mean here? with its sooner than that? She clearly is not wearing the hair extension on the video, so it doesnt conflict with it being recorded the last week of july.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Tacky announcement. I suppose they wanted to be kreateev. Failed. And what is this stupid "baby Stew"??? I know it's after Steward, but at the beginning I though it was stew-the meal. 

I didn't understand that it was a diminutive of Steward at first. I needed to reread it amost 4 times to catch it. 😅

I was like... eewww cooking babies?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

I was sleepless last night and for whatever reason - exhausted mind being too curios for me to stop? - I watched a few of their other videos.

I know who they are but have never followed them and really only even think about them when I meander into an FJ discussion. 

And holy crap, they are annoying as hell. Who gave them their egos? They are really freaking enamored with their belief in their "cuteness". 

The only other thing I will say is thank Zeus my nieces & nephews of their age are not into the social media is life thing. That would be so damn irritating to live with. How does anyone ever have a conversation with such self absorption? 

• Upvote 13

12 hours ago, SallyDraper said:

I currently work a Target store. A couple of years ago we had a store manager, who took her engagement photos in the store. I wasn’t there that night but I got all the details the next day. She came in with a red cocktail dress and her fiance had a red dress shirt and khaki pants. She even made him a name tag. Apparently some of the employees were standing around watching them and the photographer. At one point they were posing near a cart by housewares. Everybody couldn’t stop laughing about it the next day. 

I am totally fine with folks doing this in places they have an attachment to!  But doing a photoshoot in Target just because you are hoping for free stuff...hoo boy...this fetus is the size of kidney bean but already being put to work as an #influencer.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

There are so many ways to do pregnancy announcements. Just look all over social media. You’ll find hundreds of ideas. And they pick Target. I just can’t with those two. I think Carlin might be fighting Lawson for the biggest attention whore in the Bates family. 

Another reason not to have 19 kids. They fight like crazy for any attention from their parents and grow up to be the biggest attention whores on social media.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I watched the video posted above, and it was enough.  This idiot is living for internet attention, thinks she's the cutest thing ever, her first child is a prop, and she's annoying as hell.  And the introduction where they 'introduce themselves' shows they think they have their own little show.  They're just waiting to be be picked up by a studio, and then they can have their own 'reality' show, with a much larger audience.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I was sleepless last night and for whatever reason - exhausted mind being too curios for me to stop? - I watched a few of their other videos.

I know who they are but have never followed them and really only even think about them when I meander into an FJ discussion. 

And holy crap, they are annoying as hell. Who gave them their egos? They are really freaking enamored with their belief in their "cuteness". 

The only other thing I will say is thank Zeus my nieces & nephews of their age are not into the social media is life thing. That would be so damn irritating to live with. How does anyone ever have a conversation with such self absorption? 

I find them less annoying than Jeremy and Audrey Roloff, but only because the Stewarts didn’t publish a book 5 minutes after they were married acting like they were experts. Otherwise both couples have the same obnoxious over the top quality to them. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

This is slightly OT but I was reminded of this NYT article about Target predicting their customers' pregnancies based on their spending habits. It's behind a pay wall but some of the detail can be found here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/02/16/how-target-figured-out-a-teen-girl-was-pregnant-before-her-father-did/?sh=14d46bb06668

It's downright creepy but I love Target and have increased my shopping there since COVID hit because I love their drive up process. As much as I love it I really don't understand why fundies do too.

• Upvote 4

I just happened to be reading a thread on Facebook posted by an animal rescue.  He was out on his 4-wheeler, taking treats to the various animals on his property, and stopped at a dog's kennel.  This dog was a pit, had an aggression problem, so the owners sent him to a board/train facility who made his aggression so much worse that they surrendered him because they couldn't handle him.  The man said the training facility was in a mobile home, had a big shock collar on the dog, and went into some gruesome details that made me sick.  I'm sure not all board/train facilities are awful, I've seen dogs come back just fine, but he was adamant that you do NOT send your dog to a place like that if you want a happy dog back.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4

20 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Well Carlin did give us #jesuslovesthemall

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 20

I'll give Carlin and Evan this: their baby announcement is right on brand. 

* annoying AF - check

* makes for a lot of work for other people - because you know they didn't put stuff back - check

* involves shopping - they both seem to spend freely and then Carlin does these massive declutters - check

*Target shoppers - Target's launch in Canada left me salty but Carlin seems to be the "target "demographic for US Target - check

* all about Carlin and to a lesser extent Evan with Layla and the new embryo as props - check

They could not have nailed a brand specific launch any better if they had a focus group to help them

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 4

23 hours ago, Flossie said:

I watched the video posted above, and it was enough.  This idiot is living for internet attention, thinks she's the cutest thing ever, her first child is a prop, and she's annoying as hell.  And the introduction where they 'introduce themselves' shows they think they have their own little show.  They're just waiting to be be picked up by a studio, and then they can have their own 'reality' show, with a much larger audience.

I hate the intro so much, they're common for youtube influencers, especially with the music and all. I think though a lot of them will do like montages of clips from their actual videos, not sure how many of them do a full on video shoot just for the intro the way the Stew fam did. If you want to be really annoyed, check out one of her sister Alyssa's videos to see her godawful intro.

• Upvote 4

Super annoying and tacky announcement but zero surprise. 

Do we think this means that Izzy pup will be rehomed/mysteriously will not return from the shock-collar training place? 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Super annoying and tacky announcement but zero surprise. 

Do we think this means that Izzy pup will be rehomed/mysteriously will not return from the shock-collar training place? 

It's been 6.4 weeks since July 20...

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic