IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

Carlin posted an Insta last night with Queen's "Your My Best Friend" as the soundtrack.  I have the vapors and need to lie down and think of Freddie Mercury for a while.

• Haha 17

On 8/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, HereticHick said:

Carlin posted an Insta last night with Queen's "Your My Best Friend" as the soundtrack.  I have the vapors and need to lie down and think of Freddie Mercury for a while.

I wondered about that too. The now adult Bates are starting to enjoy mainstream music, movies, etc. I guess they are exploring and finding out what kind of song they like or not. Technically, they can enjoy Queen's songs (I mean, they are pretty awesome songs). But I wonder if they do research on the artists in particular, the different band history, their lifes, etc.

Do they know Freddie was a member of the LGBTQ community? And that he passed away from complications from AIDS? I've seen on their social media that some of the older Bates seem to enjoy a lot of Disney movies now (that I am sure they weren't allowed to watch as kids). Do they know that the Disney renaissance can be mainly accredited to Howard Ashman, playwright, lyricist and stage director, and also member of the LGBTQ community?

I can see a little irony there for sure. They think being LGBTQ is a sin and will send you to hell, but do they realize the amazing things LGBTQ people have contributed to the world?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

She has some post up with the baby playing in flour. It looks so staged. I guess she's desperate for content. 

• Upvote 3

Honestly just get a proper job instead of staging content. It is weird. 

Also she is unremarkable? How can she be an influencer and unremarkable at the same time? She isn't doing anything. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

Hasn't their dog been in boarding school awhile now? Did they ever say they got him back?

She mentioned in a story today that they are really close to picking her up.

• Upvote 2

Baby number 2 announced by People Mag… due date only says 2022

Edited by January1231
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

What do you all think they're going to have this time? 👦 or 👧

Spoiler

993194421_Screenshot2021-08-30at8_45_31pm.thumb.png.c715dd31b96364799c50c5e949e92d87.png

Spoiler

611736510_Screenshot2021-08-30at8_44_48pm.thumb.png.bca033867f72c6a902ed8cfb518c60bd.png

Spoiler

293951223_Screenshot2021-08-30at8_44_18pm.thumb.png.150678e759fcd9c89b4878a4fbcd086a.png

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 4

I’ve also been thinking about the negative pregnancy test she took recently in one of her vlogs. It was in early July iirc. False negative? Too early in pregnancy for it to be positive? They faked the whole thing to stir up drama? She got pregnant after that?

I wonder because if she wasn’t pregnant then she would only be like 6-8 weeks along now. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Where did they take those pictures? In the baby aisle at Walmart? Did she buy a pregnancy test and run to the nearest public bathroom to use it? 

Zero surprise. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15

Just now, postscript said:

Where did they take those pictures? In the baby aisle at Walmart? Did she buy a pregnancy test and run to the nearest public bathroom to use it? 

Zero surprise. 

Looks like Target.  I like the bags of chips on the bottom shelf myself.  Guess that covers the midnight snacks.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, postscript said:

Zero surprise. 

exactly !!

low budget photoshoot 😅

• Upvote 7

Wow, they are really gunning for a Target sponsorship of some kind, aren't they? Maybe some freebies off a future registry.

And when has E! News covered the exclusive news for the Bates/Duggars? I feel like it's mostly been People Magazine and US Weekly (and a couple times Fox News).

Edited by BensAllergies
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Wow, they are really gunning for a Target sponsorship of some kind, aren't they? Maybe some freebies off a future registry.

And when has E! News covered the exclusive news before for the Bates/Duggars? I feel like it's mostly been People Magazine and US Weekly (and a couple times Fox News).

If I remember correctly, E! had the exclusive of Joy’s daughter’s birth announcement

• Upvote 5

If I ever see any of y'all younguns filming your damn staged baby announcement/proposal/engagement/promposal/gender reveal  in my local store, I am running my cart into your legs while loudly cursing. Stop inconveniencing everyone around you for your narcissistic needs.

Yes, I do have an ongoing annoyance over the folks who do pregnancy/engagement/baby photo shoots on the lakeshore behind my house and leave metallic confetti all over the trail! : )

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’ve also been thinking about the negative pregnancy test she took recently in one of her vlogs. It was in early July iirc. False negative? Too early in pregnancy for it to be positive? They faked the whole thing to stir up drama? She got pregnant after that?

I wonder because if she wasn’t pregnant then she would only be like 6-8 weeks along now. 

Yeah, she posted a video with a negative test on July 3. There is no way she wasn't pregnant then. What did she do to get a false negative? Have Esther or Katie pee on the stick?

Also while it is a bigger spacing than many other fundies, I'm still not convinced they were doing anything to prevent between kids. It could just be luck, breastfeeding, etc.

• Upvote 5

Tacky announcement. I suppose they wanted to be kreateev. Failed. And what is this stupid "baby Stew"??? I know it's after Steward, but at the beginning I though it was stew-the meal. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Tacky announcement. I suppose they wanted to be kreateev. Failed. And what is this stupid "baby Stew"??? I know it's after Steward, but at the beginning I though it was stew-the meal. 

I'm guessing they were enjoying the rhyme of 'Stew' and '2022'. 

I really don't understand the photoshoot - Carlin and Layla are literally sitting in a Target trolley (can't remember the American word for that - shopping cart maybe?) in one photo. Ridiculous. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Carlin just posted a pregnancy video. 

It shows when she found out. She didn’t say when she’s due, I think. I skipped through some of it lol

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2

Why did I click on that? Why????

Poor Carlin, they were totally out of pregnancy tests! Oh, the horrors. 

Is it normal for people to have a stash of pregnancy tests? That screams....well, a lot of things, to me. But, maybe it's normal and I'm just not hip to the needs of modern, child bearing age women. 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Just now, fundiefan said:

Why did I click on that? Why????

Poor Carlin, they were totally out of pregnancy tests! Oh, the horrors. 

Is it normal for people to have a stash of pregnancy tests? That screams....well, a lot of things, to me. But, maybe it's normal and I'm just not hip to the needs of modern, child bearing age women. 

In fundie land? Absolutely.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

In the video they just uploaded she says she is testing early and then Evan mentions "monday is going to be august" so this probably was the last week of july. I think that means she is around 8 weeks? a bit early to announce, but then people had already figured out she was pregnant.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic