IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

1 minute ago, SeasonofLife said:

I am wondering if Carlin and Evan will put Layla in dance, like his little nieces are in. Carlin danced at her wedding so seems open to it, and in one of Carlin's Youtube videos, the family watched Evan's nieces recital video, and Layla tried to do the dances. It was cute.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Carlin loves the opportunity to take pictures of Layla looking cute. And a little girl in a tutu is always cute. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Everything about the style of this wedding was a choice...definitely not my choice...but a choice nonetheless.  

However, 12 year old me did rather enjoy Nathan wrapping himself around a tree.

How does a wedding become a spectacle? Look no further than the Bateseses. 

*this is me being nice.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, FrumperedCat said:

Seemed to be a last minute decision. Esther's sister pulled out, I believe, so she replaced her with Tiffany. I guess it's finding someone in the right size dress too and who's willing to take it on. Probably easier with having no children.

Why would her sister pull out of being a bridesmaid? That seems dramatic. I’m sure there’s a boring reason but I can’t see why someone would back out at the last minute

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, SeasonofLife said:

Esther is really pretty, and in a world where she could have had her pick of men, I wonder why she chose Nathan?

Who knows? Kelly Brown married Peter Bradrick after all (and look how that turned out).

But congratulations Nathan and Esther! Your wedding was more over-the-top than anything the Kardashians have done. You out Kardashianed the Kardashians. *slow clap* Bravo. Bravo. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Why didn't Ashley's husband go? Just her parents. It seems... odd.

Because he had to work, or was otherwise busy? Or because she wanted to see friends from before she got married, and he said “go have fun, don’t worry about me”? Doesn’t seem odd to me at all. 

• Upvote 8

22 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Who knows? Kelly Brown married Peter Bradrick after all (and look how that turned out).

But congratulations Nathan and Esther! Your wedding was more over-the-top than anything the Kardashians have done. You out Kardashianed the Kardashians. *slow clap* Bravo. Bravo. 

Great minds think alike! I swear I was thinking last night, “man the Bates family are the Kardashians of the Fundie World.” 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5

In their world Ashley isn’t really an ex, right? They’re just keeping up the charade by inviting her. No heart pieces to see here folks!

Also, I don’t think Esther knows what custom made means. In the Fox article, she refers to knowing she found the right dress when she saw a “custom made” dress hanging in the window. Custom made for whom? Was mizz Renee psychic and designed it just for Esther in advance, knowing her exact taste? I think Esther thinks the words custom made just sounds fancy, just like describing the dress as “classy” 🙄

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Everything about the style of this wedding was a choice...definitely not my choice...but a choice nonetheless.  

However, 12 year old me did rather enjoy Nathan wrapping himself around a tree.

How does a wedding become a spectacle? Look no further than the Bateseses. 

*this is me being nice.

Josie’s stories show Nate landing fine. The other two skydivers were Lawson and Trace. Any of them wiping out would be hilarious. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, BennettLeland said:

Why would her sister pull out of being a bridesmaid? That seems dramatic. I’m sure there’s a boring reason but I can’t see why someone would back out at the last minute

Apparently Nathan shared a heart piece with her/kissed her before dating Esther. Leah shared this info in pieces by creating a sock account on reddit and claiming to be a family friend. She accidentally outed herself by sharing a tiktok video, without realizing that tiktok suggests you follow the sharer of the link (so it linked it to her profile.) She very quickly deleted her account and disappeared after this happened and she was discovered.

In fundie world this is NOT a boring reason, it is DRAMA. However, Leah is already married into another fundie family, and should have moved on. Also, while my sister and I don't always get along, to do all of this ON her wedding day is so incredibly shitty. She also should not have accepted the bridesmaid position if she was clearly not okay with the situation... which leads me to believe there may have been an even more recent falling out, or she's really just a petty immature bitch. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 7

5 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Apparently Nathan shared a heart piece with her/kissed her before dating Esther. Leah shared this info in pieces by creating a sock account on reddit and claiming to be a family friend. She accidentally outed herself by sharing a tiktok video, without realizing that tiktok suggests you follow the sharer of the link (so it linked it to her profile.) She very quickly deleted her account and disappeared after this happened and she was discovered.

In fundie world this is NOT a boring reason, it is DRAMA. However, Leah is already married into another fundie family, and should have moved on. Also, while my sister and I don't always get along, to do all of this ON her wedding day is so incredibly shitty. She also should not have accepted the bridesmaid position if she was clearly not okay with the situation... which leads me to believe there may have been an even more recent falling out, or she's really just a petty immature bitch. 

Leah's not the one who dropped out as a bridesmaid, it is another sister, Jen. She might have supported Leah's laundry airing habits.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

Josie’s stories show Nate landing fine. The other two skydivers were Lawson and Trace. Any of them wiping out would be hilarious. 

Carlin’s story also showed Nathan landing fine, or at least it was tagged as Nathan. I can’t tell from the distance, and with the jump suits, who is really who. But it seems either Esther’s brother or Nate’s sisters are fudging the truth.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Casserole said:

WOW! You are right that isn’t boring at all. That’s quite dramatic and I’m loving every bit of it. Wonder how they will spin that storyline on BUB?

• Upvote 1

Leah Keyes Taylor married into a big fundie family however the dad is not a trump supporter. He calls himself independent and obviously leans conservative. But it’s refreshing to see a fundie patriarch who can’t stand trump and denounces the insurrection. I wish there were more fundies like that. But it seems to be rare. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Leah Keyes Taylor married into a big fundie family however the dad is not a trump supporter. He calls himself independent and obviously leans conservative. But it’s refreshing to see a fundie patriarch who can’t stand trump and denounces the insurrection. I wish there were more fundies like that. But it seems to be rare. 

Wow!  That’s great!  How very rare. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BennettLeland said:

WOW! You are right that isn’t boring at all. That’s quite dramatic and I’m loving every bit of it. Wonder how they will spin that storyline on BUB?

they wont they will just not mention it is my bet, the average viewer will know nothing about it and so therefore it will not need to be addressed. As long as they don't draw attention to the fact that Tiff was a replacement they should be good. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Carlin’s story also showed Nathan landing fine, or at least it was tagged as Nathan. I can’t tell from the distance, and with the jump suits, who is really who. But it seems either Esther’s brother or Nate’s sisters are fudging the truth.

Nobody is fudgin the truth, it was just two diferent landings. The one in Esther brother tiktok was in the rehearsal the day before the wedding and Nathan landed on a tree. The day of the wedding as seen on Carlin stories he did it a lot better.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 11

22 hours ago, TheGleeTeam said:

I think I'm getting a 90s (?) vibe from this wedding for a few reasons- the "champagne" color reminds me of the peachy colors that were in for weddings at the time. And satin bridesmaids dresses (and Esther's dress) also have kind of a 90s feel. Same with the color palette for what I've seen of her flowers- not as pastel as the 90s were but muted. I'm very surprised she didn't go for any lace on her dress as that's very popular right now and would have gone better with the rustic venue. Whoever compared the bottom of her dress to Kendra's was spot on, can't say I love it (or the tiara). I actually like the tie/bowtie color though.

Also, Nathan just has such a smug face in general. But I'm sure Esther views him as a great catch for reasons I will luckily never understand. He at least probably has some financial stability and a supportive family.

Skydiving into the ceremony is SO EXTRA omg. I'm surprised the venue allowed that considering Nathan almost took out a tree with his parachute?? Also, props to whoever found Esther's brother's TikTok with the video because LOL. Love that Esther's siblings leaked some photos/videos yesterday.

I also totally thought the stuff with her sister Leah was going to be completely unfounded rumors so I cannot wait to see what kind of tea she has to spill! Like damn girl, calling out that you aren't going to your sister's wedding without saying why....this is the kind of in-law drama we've been waiting for with the Bates I think.

ETA: 90s fashions are back in general, so I'm super curious if these trends will continue with weddings. Also the lace parasols are weird lol

When I was 6 years old (back in 1990) I was on a dance recital for mother's day and I wore a white puffy tulle dress, white peep toe shoes and a lace parasol. Memories came rushing back to me when I saw the photos of the flower girls.

• Upvote 4

On 10/24/2021 at 7:01 AM, Dbm said:
  Hide contents

849591981_Screenshot2021-10-23at10_58_03pm.png.964b9ae906a961e679b2a98dd7366b04.png

Hide contents

1725669344_Screenshot2021-10-23at10_57_13pm.thumb.png.e2fd603fd5d726f017bbf0bea0325954.png

I thought all will dress differently.

carlin's dress was not as bad to me 

Hide contents

513296407_Screenshot2021-10-23at11_01_17pm.thumb.png.8db323e0af35932e4ed60541f0c8530d.png

When did figure-hugging dresses become ok for the Bates, and not sinful eye traps? I really don't get their mix of superficial glam and Christian modesty.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Throwing my two cents into the fray:

* skydiving entrance - excellent ONLY because Nathan hit a tree. That might not make their wedding video but I laughed out loud with that one 10/10

* dress: I like the top but the bottom has these weird tufts of cloth that are odd 6/10

* hair: I WISH my hair could look like that but it won't and I've just got to accept that so with extreme bitterness it is 7/10 for me

* tiara: FAIL not nearly enough shiny bits - full disclosure I am like a magpie when it comes to shiny things and I wear a tiara regularly for such special occasions as: folding laundry. Why? Because I want to and you can't stop me. 3/10

* ring/flower bearing children - meh, I'm not a kid person and only pay attention to them when one acts up 5/10 (if a child had projectile vomited or pitched a fit I would have given it a higher score for laughter reasons).

* singing and dancing (the couple and Nathan's act)- world class fontrum IMO.  I'm giving it 2/10 because the cringe was so excessive I had to lie down and have a cold drink. BONUS addition: Carlin's husband's hair style - which was so very "hello fellow kids" 

* family drama 7/10 - the sister drama, wondering why Erin seems to have fallen out with her sisters, the last minute addition of Lawson's GF, wondering why Michaela was dressed so casually, Ashley (Nathan's ex) showing up without her husband - not bad, not bad at all

* food/setting: very pretty IMO and added something for me to think about as I wondered: who paid for all that? 8/10

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 11
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, browngrl said:

* family drama 7/10 - the sister drama, wondering why Erin seems to have fallen out with her sisters, the last minute addition of Lawson's GF, wondering why Michaela was dressed so casually, Ashley (Nathan's ex) showing up without her husband - not bad, not bad at all

With the Michaela thing, I don't think it was personal because she under dresses for a lot of events. What I don't get is why she does it so much, her sisters have a clothing store with tons of semi formal dresses and she models for them all the time. She has access to nicer outfits and she she still chooses what anyone can where any other day of the week. It boggles my mind more than the other under dressed guests because it feels like such an active choice at this point and not due to lack of resources and exposure.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 10/23/2021 at 6:03 PM, fluffernutter said:

I can't for the life of me get what she sees in him. Maybe she thinks the tv show makes him... cool? famous? rich? He has always come off so condescending and holier than thou. 

I think Esther is ALSO condescending and holier than thou. They probably just be smug together. They're both tacky, have the same political views, were perhaps the *uglier* one in their group . .. they bonded over it? 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, JuanitaBanana said:

When I was 6 years old (back in 1990) I was on a dance recital for mother's day and I wore a white puffy tulle dress, white peep toe shoes and a lace parasol. Memories came rushing back to me when I saw the photos of the flower girls.

I only did one year of dance. We danced to the NKOTB song “Games.” It was bad.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

They probably just be smug together.

Maybe she also sees him as a "glow up" work in progress and maybe she will be right. The Bates seem to eat a lot of too fatty, too carb-y, too sweet foods and if she settles into to  healthier foods available at home and encouraging him to work out more - then he might be healthier...or maybe the smugness with just bloat the both of them

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, displayname said:

With the Michaela thing, I don't think it was personal because she under dresses for a lot of events. What I don't get is why she does it so much, her sisters have a clothing store with tons of semi formal dresses and she models for them all the time. She has access to nicer outfits and she she still chooses what anyone can where any other day of the week. It boggles my mind more than the other under dressed guests because it feels like such an active choice at this point and not due to lack of resources and exposure.

I think Tori was underdressed too except for her shoes 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic