IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

Of course I see dancing at the wedding. The Bateses have given up on almost all of the stuff Bill Gothard preached against. Yet they are still part of IBLP/ATI. Next they will be drinking wine and acting like it’s NBD. Well, the males. I’m sure the Bates daughters would be shamed for drinking wine. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Just saw on Ashley Salyer’s IG stories that she was at the wedding. There’s a picture of her and Nathan and Esther. She’s hugging her pregnant belly very weirdly. Even if I were on good friendly terms with an ex, I’d feel really weird going to their wedding… idk. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, G33kywife said:

Just saw on Ashley Salyer’s IG stories that she was at the wedding. There’s a picture of her and Nathan and Esther. She’s hugging her pregnant belly very weirdly. Even if I were on good friendly terms with an ex, I’d feel really weird going to their wedding… idk. 

Ashley is the WORST. Look at her holding her belly. My eyes rolled out of my head. 

700D29FF-0670-4F96-8E94-FB5BE84E0F4A.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, G33kywife said:

I was going to post this. Whatever is going on with Leah, there is less drama with Nate and his confirmed ex. 

As for the attending the wedding... All of my exes were at the wedding. One was in the wedding. Small town, small friend group. We got over it and moved on.

• Upvote 15

I feel like Ashley is just gloating that she got married and knocked up first. Yet she attended the wedding without her precious husband. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

Ashley looks very odd in the photo. I think it's the angle she is holding her head and her smile doesn't look genuine.

This wedding is so extra I kind of love it. It's where snarking dreams are born. May they have a lifetime of happiness and few children.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

I dont like Ashley but i actually think she showed maturity attending the wedding. It shows she is over it and happy in her marriage. 

• I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, llucie said:

I dont like Ashley but i actually think she showed maturity attending the wedding. It shows she is over it and happy in her marriage. 

I have to disagree. The last thing I would call Ashley is mature. I think she went because her friends would be there. And she got to show off her big pregnant belly in a group of people who worship pregnancy. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have to disagree. The last thing I would call Ashley is mature. I think she went because her friends would be there. And she got to show off her big pregnant belly in a group of people who worship pregnancy. 

For her to be there she had to be invited so Nathan also had to think it was apropiate to invite her. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, llucie said:

For her to be there she had to be invited so Nathan also had to think it was apropiate to invite her. 

They always put on this show that they could still be friends. That way they don’t show that they actually lost lots of heart pieces along the way. I think it’s funny her husband didn’t go. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the jealous type. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I found it strange that so many Bates were posting bride pictures of Esther before she posted them. Esther posted the Fox News article first, I believe. But then Carlin and others atarted posting multiple pics of her. Maybe Esther didn't care, but it bugged me. 

Edited by SeasonofLife
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SeasonofLife said:

I found it strange that so many Bates were posting bride pictures of Esther before she posted them. She posted the Fox News article. But then Carlin and others atarted posting myltiple pics of her. Maybe Esther didn't care, but it bugged me. 

None of the sisters posted until the Fox News article posted. Plus having other people post and tag you is common. Generally the bride and groom don'5 have a camera on them. 

Such an awkward photo with Ashley. Almost like she's gate crashing a couples photo. Nathan leaning away from her and Esther leaning into him. And then Ashley just there looking into the camera holding her belly so prominently.

Edited by FrumperedCat
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

What was Tiffany a bridesmaid? Are she and Esther really that close? She and Lawson only started dating toward the end of last year. Seems strange to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ashley is the WORST. Look at her holding her belly. My eyes rolled out of my head. 

Awkward as fuck man!!!! Ashley just looks like a try hard. Esther is like slap a bitch, she ain’t pregnant in her head. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, BennettLeland said:

What was Tiffany a bridesmaid? Are she and Esther really that close? She and Lawson only started dating toward the end of last year. Seems strange to me. 

Seemed to be a last minute decision. Esther's sister pulled out, I believe, so she replaced her with Tiffany. I guess it's finding someone in the right size dress too and who's willing to take it on. Probably easier with having no children.

• Thank You 2

8 hours ago, llucie said:

Good thing she didnt wear a necklace, Hosanna Plath had the same exact tiara at her wedding and also a necklace and it looked a lot worse.

I had to look that up. I meant like....a normal nice necklace. Not a damn four-tiered bulkly Victorian-esque necklace! 😂

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Can anyone explain what that message means? May the lord keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore??

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, postscript said:

Nathan is wearing cowboy boots. Because he sees himself as a good ol' country boy. I agree that this is a lot better than the proposal suit.  I ran across those pictures the other day, and that suit called attention to his butt in a most unflattering way. 

I like Carlin's dress better in full length. At least it's appropriate for the occasion, unlike Tori's outfit, which looks like she threw on a cardigan to run down to the store (well, other than the shoes, which are just hideous).  I'll give her a pass because of the three small children. Josie's dress looks like she made it herself but didn't know how to work with satin, causing the seams to pucker.  

I liked the proposal suit but not on Nathan. He is not a suit kind of guy.

And what about Michaela? In that dress she can go and pick up some eggs from a farmers market and not attend her brother's wedding. 

It's not the first time she looks too casual. Same story on Brent's wedding. White t-shirt and jersey dress over it. Seriously?

IMG_20211024_083500.jpg

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Oh wait, there's buttons all the way to the neck on the back? We know how much Nathan hates up-dos, but what is going on with the back of this dress? 

Screenshot_20211023_212530.thumb.jpg.2c132c0f99333f3674a8dbc8ede3522a.jpg

I don't hate her dress. The shiny fabric is ugly and the skirt with the top looks mismatched - I agree with both pp who said it was probably meant to have a belt and Esther was living her Disney princess dreams. It does fit her very nicely and they both look happy. 

For those of with Instagram, I highly encourage you to go watch Carlin's story of them singing to each other during their first dance. 

Also what is this pose for the bridesmaids? Butt-bouquets are not drawing attention to their countenance. 

Screenshot_20211023_213130.thumb.jpg.e2af33548ad91e906b9c6729800017e2.jpg

I am not sure it’s buttons. At least not all the way. Because there would have to be sheer fabric at the back for them to be somewhere and to end somewhere. and it certainly didn’t look like there was sheer fabric in the front. So where would the back end? You don’t see any end seam at her shoulder line or neck. I think it might be either only the ribbon that holds the tiara or the ribbon and buttons at the satin fabric. 
The silhouette of the dress is nice and I think it’s cool that she chose a neckline that’s completely fine, even modest, in the heathen world but slightly risky in their cult. We also haven’t seen this type of bodice a lot before, so it makes for a nice change. The idea of the dress and the look is actually really lovely, just the execution shows that they cannot afford high end. Which is fine, but plain satin/ shiny fabrics don’t forgive if you cannot afford exquisite tailoring. Lace or embellished dresses can distract from it, especially if you don’t see it up close.
The 90s having a massive fashion comeback (only by people that weren’t actually teenagers in them -I don’t wonder why for a second). I mean, I am all for going without a theme just doing whatever you like (really hardcore themed weddings look pretty ott and slightly ridiculous to me as well). And it’s nice to see something different than a Pinterest look alike. So, it’s kind refreshing. I just think the couple doesn’t fit into wedding. I feel, Esther would have probably chosen a different venue and style for the wedding if they could have afforded l it/if there wasn’t some pressure to cater to tons of guests that additionally won’t or can’t dress up to the occasion. I can the see the rural crowd the raise some eyebrows/gossip if she would have gone fully for a Phantom of the Opera/aristocratic vibe (which is kind of what I think when I look at Esther and Nathan).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Other people at the wedding- we saw Lauren Duggar at a table at the rehearsal do in one of Carlin's stories on Instagram.Josiah was in the background of another photo. I didn't screenshot it at the time and now it's gone unfortunately.Bella was twirling around in one of the videos with Layla

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

just realised that nathan and esther have really similar facial expression. i don't know how to explain it 😅 both have that " sleepy look "

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Of course I see dancing at the wedding. The Bateses have given up on almost all of the stuff Bill Gothard preached against. Yet they are still part of IBLP/ATI. Next they will be drinking wine and acting like it’s NBD. Well, the males. I’m sure the Bates daughters would be shamed for drinking wine. 

I am wondering if Carlin and Evan will put Layla in dance, like his little nieces are in. Carlin danced at her wedding so seems open to it, and in one of Carlin's Youtube videos, the family watched Evan's nieces recital video, and Layla tried to do the dances. It was cute.

Esther is really pretty, and in a world where she could have had her pick of men, I wonder why she chose Nathan?

Edited by SeasonofLife
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic