IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

2 minutes ago, Dbm said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

I thought all will dress differently.

carlin's dress was not as bad to me 

Hide contents

513296407_Screenshot2021-10-23at11_01_17pm.thumb.png.8db323e0af35932e4ed60541f0c8530d.png

I actually love Carlin's dress. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Bwahahahaha!! Thank you Nathan and Esther, I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time. I think their only theme was OTT.

But to say something nice, I think Nathan’s suit and Esther’s dress were on par in formality so at least they matched in that regard. Plus Nathan’s pants appear to be around the correct length.

I don't usually have nice things to say about Nathan so this is hard...he looks better for his wedding than that suit he wore for the proposal. Those were some unflattering pics. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

more pics

from the wedding 

Spoiler

1603209196_Screenshot2021-10-23at11_20_21pm.thumb.png.8274f71b7179734eca92e3cbc3a2a0d9.png

wait is that trace in the back? who's that beside him?

Spoiler

1462577529_Screenshot2021-10-23at11_20_00pm.thumb.png.084a97cbc8424d927dd6dc2ee1ff38b3.png

Edited by Dbm
  • Thank You 5

The execution of all of the different elements are a bit weird and mismatched. 

And a horse drawn carriage? You are not the Queen. You are marrying Nathan Bates.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 7

Oh wait, there's buttons all the way to the neck on the back? We know how much Nathan hates up-dos, but what is going on with the back of this dress? 

Screenshot_20211023_212530.thumb.jpg.2c132c0f99333f3674a8dbc8ede3522a.jpg

I don't hate her dress. The shiny fabric is ugly and the skirt with the top looks mismatched - I agree with both pp who said it was probably meant to have a belt and Esther was living her Disney princess dreams. It does fit her very nicely and they both look happy. 

For those of with Instagram, I highly encourage you to go watch Carlin's story of them singing to each other during their first dance. 

Also what is this pose for the bridesmaids? Butt-bouquets are not drawing attention to their countenance. 

Screenshot_20211023_213130.thumb.jpg.e2af33548ad91e906b9c6729800017e2.jpg

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
moar wedding
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fish_ca said:

First of all he will sing his vows 😁 then it will be available on spotify. 

I've just found his webpage where he sells  t-shirts. I wasn't ready for it. But on the other hand it is so obvious  he is milking his popularity😆

IMG_20211023_204730.jpg

That belt buckle, ladies.

• Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Dbm said:

more pics

Reveal hidden contents

1603209196_Screenshot2021-10-23at11_20_21pm.thumb.png.8274f71b7179734eca92e3cbc3a2a0d9.png

Reveal hidden contents

1462577529_Screenshot2021-10-23at11_20_00pm.thumb.png.084a97cbc8424d927dd6dc2ee1ff38b3.png

What the other person said before about not posting pics without context means you are supposed to provide information about the photos. We don’t just post photos just for the sake of posting them. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, G33kywife said:

What the other person said before about not posting pics without context means you are supposed to provide information about the photos. We don’t just post photos just for the sake of posting them. 

i though i just need to write something 

I edited my post 🙃

Edited by Dbm

3 hours ago, Dbm said:

another pic, from the article i believe 

she looks better here

Hide contents

1097512682_Screenshot2021-10-23at8_13_26pm.thumb.png.74958c61bea5a119e811ce5eb39c897e.png

This dude just cannot smile for the camera. Very Chandler Bingish problems. He looks possessed when he tries. It's horrifying. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

This dude just cannot smile for the camera. Very Chandler Bingish problems. He looks possessed when he tries. It's horrifying. 

This is one of his better photo's though

He not rich, he's not attractive even for rugged country looking why is she with him??

I feel like they should have a more grander last name than Bates with this over the top  wedding

Edited by raayx01

9 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

This is one of his better photo's though

He not rich, he's not attractive even for rugged country looking why is she with him??

I feel like they should have a more grander last name than Bates with this over the top  wedding

I hope he treat her well at least, i feel bad for fundie girls marriage is their whole life, what if you ended up with an awful man? ugh since divorce is not an option i hope things work well for her.  

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Dbm said:

I hope he treat her well at least, i feel bad for fundie girls marriage is their whole life, what if you ended up with an awful man? ugh since divorce is not an option i hope things work well for her.  

You mean like Josh Duggar?

• Upvote 10

tiffany is waiting to become the future MRS BATES 💍 , when do you think lawson will ask the question ?

Spoiler

1366236625_Screenshot2021-10-24at12_35_40am.thumb.png.719d8fa3e946fd11634bc9000a3b696f.png

Spoiler

1675059310_Screenshot2021-10-24at12_35_28am.thumb.png.1daa6369d5d014df90961a4fa9985d52.png

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

You mean like Josh Duggar?

I feel bad for the kids, Anna's brother tried to help her but she refused. I worry a lot about the children.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Dbm said:

tiffany is waiting to become the future MRS BATES 💍 , when do you think lawson will ask the question ?

Hide contents

Hide contents

Maybe soon? They are on the plane going to undisclosed location.

• Upvote 4

image.thumb.png.3da1d6355889d80d430388227aafe461.png

Nathan wrapping himself around the tree from the tik tok video.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 38
  • Love 1

I thought Nathan's wedding suit was certainly better than what he was wearing when he proposed. 

Full disclosure here: Honestly, I thought he looked better in the wet T-shirt pic that Kelly posted years ago. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

The execution of all of the different elements are a bit weird and mismatched. 

And a horse drawn carriage? You are not the Queen. You are marrying Nathan Bates.

I’m wondering if she has taken on a very royal behavior and that’s part of why her sister didn’t go. It would rub me the wrong way if my sister acted like she was marrying Prince William when she was really just marrying one of the worst Bates Boys. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

I can't for the life of me get what she sees in him. Maybe she thinks the tv show makes him... cool? famous? rich? He has always come off so condescending and holier than thou. Good luck with all that, Esther. I hope your day as a princess made you happy and he's all you ever dreamed of...  😐 And I agree about Kelly, she looked very nice. She looks a bit like Amy Grant to me when she is all decked out. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

Dear Lord, that tiara looks like something out of the Walmart Duchess of Cambridge line.  I'm not in love with her dress, but I don't hate it, either. It fits, which alone is a major point in her favor. However, that tiara screams fake princess. 

Nathan is wearing cowboy boots. Because he sees himself as a good ol' country boy. I agree that this is a lot better than the proposal suit.  I ran across those pictures the other day, and that suit called attention to his butt in a most unflattering way. 

I like Carlin's dress better in full length. At least it's appropriate for the occasion, unlike Tori's outfit, which looks like she threw on a cardigan to run down to the store (well, other than the shoes, which are just hideous).  I'll give her a pass because of the three small children. Josie's dress looks like she made it herself but didn't know how to work with satin, causing the seams to pucker.  

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

I think I'm getting a 90s (?) vibe from this wedding for a few reasons- the "champagne" color reminds me of the peachy colors that were in for weddings at the time. And satin bridesmaids dresses (and Esther's dress) also have kind of a 90s feel. Same with the color palette for what I've seen of her flowers- not as pastel as the 90s were but muted. I'm very surprised she didn't go for any lace on her dress as that's very popular right now and would have gone better with the rustic venue. Whoever compared the bottom of her dress to Kendra's was spot on, can't say I love it (or the tiara). I actually like the tie/bowtie color though.

Also, Nathan just has such a smug face in general. But I'm sure Esther views him as a great catch for reasons I will luckily never understand. He at least probably has some financial stability and a supportive family.

Skydiving into the ceremony is SO EXTRA omg. I'm surprised the venue allowed that considering Nathan almost took out a tree with his parachute?? Also, props to whoever found Esther's brother's TikTok with the video because LOL. Love that Esther's siblings leaked some photos/videos yesterday.

I also totally thought the stuff with her sister Leah was going to be completely unfounded rumors so I cannot wait to see what kind of tea she has to spill! Like damn girl, calling out that you aren't going to your sister's wedding without saying why....this is the kind of in-law drama we've been waiting for with the Bates I think.

ETA: 90s fashions are back in general, so I'm super curious if these trends will continue with weddings. Also the lace parasols are weird lol

Edited by TheGleeTeam
added thought
  • Upvote 13

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Dear Lord, that tiara looks like something out of the Walmart Duchess of Cambridge line.  I'm not in love with her dress, but I don't hate it, either. It fits, which alone is a major point in her favor. However, that tiara screams fake princess. 

Nathan is wearing cowboy boots. Because he sees himself as a good ol' country boy. I agree that this is a lot better than the proposal suit.  I ran across those pictures the other day, and that suit called attention to his butt in a most unflattering way. 

I like Carlin's dress better in full length. At least it's appropriate for the occasion, unlike Tori's outfit, which looks like she threw on a cardigan to run down to the store (well, other than the shoes, which are just hideous).  I'll give her a pass because of the three small children. Josie's dress looks like she made it herself but didn't know how to work with satin, causing the seams to pucker.  

Carlin does look nice and is dressed appropriately for a wedding. Tori looks like she’s going to a random Sunday service. Josie, IDK, for a person who seems to have a bit of fashion sense, that entire outfit was a fail.  It was ill fitting and plain unflattering, and the shoes were nothing short of hideous, plus paired with that dress, just awful.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 15

Holy monstrosity! The dress, the bridesmaid dresses, the sky diving, Josie's outfit. All nope nope nope for me  😉 Saving graces: omg food!!! and Carlin's outfit, fantastic and very flattering! 

Obviously only my opinion - we're on a snark site after all, and because Nathan. If they're happy with it good for them! :) 

• Upvote 5

Well, it's the ''everyone gives their 2 cents on the dress'' moment. I'll join in. 😆

I guess I'm the odd one out, but I find her dress nice enough. Don't know if I'd wear the exact same one myself, but there are some elements I like. The tiered tulle skirt for example, I find pretty. I agree with others that the top doesn't match the bottom though. I don't mind the long sleeves but it would go together better if it was less satin-y.

The V-neck is also not ugly either, but I would personnally add a lovely necklace instead of putting all my jewelry budget on this huge crown. Without a necklace, it looks like something is missing. As for the tiara, yeah, something smaller would look less off. Looks too.... cartoonish (if that makes sense).

As for the whole thing, this is definitely the most extra wedding we got from a Bates so far. Crown, horse-drawn carriage, skydiving to the ceremony. This is intense. I does feel a bit ''nouveau riche'' to me.

Edited by Vivi_music
Mispelling
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic