IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

You can always tell by their nails if they knew the proposal was coming. She knew. She has a little heart only on the ring finger.

E71295A2-B0CB-473A-BABB-A55F2D2A5F20.jpeg

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, Markie said:

What do Nathan and Esther both do for a living? Did Esther go to college? I’m surprised. I assumed they had been engaged for quite awhile. 

Nathan is a flying instructor. Esther has worked as a waitress before. I think she had posted that she was going to work in a restaurant in PA this summer. I wonder if she’ll quit to plan the wedding like her new SIL Alyssa and Abbie Duggar

edit: per a post on this thread on May 10th, she did get a job this summer at a café 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

3 days? How are they going to top that for a wedding? And why aren’t they saving that money for said wedding or - here’s a novel concept - the home and life they expect to have together? Why so over the top? It’s like their equivalent of a promposal. 

As with all these young couples. I wish them well. However, I can’t imagine marrying Nathan. He seems so unattractive, both inside and out. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

Carlin just posted insta story videos about setting up the proposal. For all that Esther credits Nathan with putting so much work into it it sounds like his sisters were the ones who did that. Typical fundie though, assigning a man credit for the work his female relatives do. 

• Upvote 36
  • I Agree 4

Eh. Speaking as someone whose engagement was a little lackluster (I was sick, it was our anniversary, spouse asked me after he put a heating pad on my afflicted area) and whose wedding was massively downscaled (mother was going through chemo at the time, so we had a family only courthouse wedding), I wish my milestones had a little more dazzle to them. I'm not mad at it. You only get married for the first time once. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 13

These big proposals always freak me out because I’m such a private person. I would have died of embarrassment if a photographer was at my proposal. It was just me and husband to be. That’s it. Not a single witness. Thank goodness.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 5

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

These big proposals always freak me out because I’m such a private person. I would have died of embarrassment if a photographer was at my proposal. It was just me and husband to be. That’s it. Not a single witness. Thank goodness.

Mr. No proposed to me in the car, while parked at a spot overlooking Lake Michigan, after visiting the local zoo.  Then we went out to dinner.

The idea of a proposal being a big event, complete with family, decorations and a photographer, just no.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Proposal decorations? Really? 

Oh that’s definitely a thing now with the Bates proposals. It’s so over the top to me. But the Bates family is over the top. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

2. In the spirit of his comments about his sisters' hair and potential wedding dresses, I am going to go all Nathan and said..."that suit is not your best look, nor is getting down on one knee."

I will also go all Nathan and agree, that suit is not his best look.   

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12

At first I was actually surprised that Nathan would have gone through that much effort to propose, but now seeing that Carlin was the one to set everything up, I'm no longer surprised.  I hope Nathan appreciated the effort she went through to do this, but I'm guessing that's a no.  Run, Esther!

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Do you guys think they'll get married before or after Katie and Travis?

I think before. Nathan said he planned to get engaged in the spring and get married in the fall from what I remember reading, and we know that Katie and Travis’ wedding is in December. My bet for Nathan’s wedding is September. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Do you guys think they'll get married before or after Katie and Travis?

Before.  I'm betting that they have the typical 3 month long engagement, especially since Nate said that he wants to get married in the Fall.  I'm betting an early September/late August wedding. 

• Upvote 7

My engagement was a little dazzly, but not because of a photographer or decorations. Mr. Parlor proposed at the Biltmore mansion overlooking the lawn, and it happened to be snowing while he proposed so it felt kinda magical despite the millions of layers I was bundled up in. Our wedding was a little lackluster compared to our vision for it due to budget and Covid, but I’ll never forget the proposal. I wouldn’t’ve liked a big fanfare like Esther got but as long as she’s happy with it, I guess that’s what matters. 

I'm also guessing that they’ll get married before Katie since Nathan is older and is going to want to get married ASAP. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
More thoughts
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I'm also guessing that they’ll get married before Katie since Nathan is older and is going to want to get married ASAP. 

Definitely.  Considering how little they make room for Jesus I'm betting he's counting the days.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 5

Well I hate to be wrong. With all the PDA I figured they had to already be engaged. Wow, those courtship rules sure have changed! Oh wait, of course, Nathan can do what he wants because Man.

And now dancing:

"After Esther said "yes," the duo enjoyed a steak dinner, watched the sunset over the lake and concluded the evening with a special dance and a fireworks display."

Never, ever would have figured Nathan would be the one to apparently pay no attention to all the stupid godly rules.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

44 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

At first I was actually surprised that Nathan would have gone through that much effort to propose, but now seeing that Carlin was the one to set everything up, I'm no longer surprised.  I hope Nathan appreciated the effort she went through to do this, but I'm guessing that's a no.  Run, Esther!

To the bolded, it just occurred to me that since Carlin set everything up, maybe it was her idea behind the not so flattering suit.    You know, just to get back for his earlier comments regarding his sisters' potentional hair and wedding styles.   

Yeah, I'm evil. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

According to the Bates family insta Carlin and Alyssa stayed up till 6am decorating. Alyssa is really messed up if she thinks this is worth being up in the middle of the night for but feeding her baby isn’t. 

• Upvote 25
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think most of those IG proposals are not a surprise. The couple had already agreed to marry and then they set the "oh surprise" party.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh that’s definitely a thing now with the Bates proposals. It’s so over the top to me. But the Bates family is over the top. 

Must be exhausting that every single scenario and event must be perfectly instagrammable. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 14

12 minutes ago, Mom to Nell said:

Nathan can do what he wants because Man

Zach couldn't kiss. Yes, Nathan has freedom because he is a man, but also because Bates have been forced (by their kids? By the show?) to relax their rules.

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, Mom to Nell said:

"After Esther said "yes," the duo enjoyed a steak dinner, watched the sunset over the lake and concluded the evening with a special dance and a fireworks display."

So I'm the only childish one who chuckled at this? Excuse my dirty mind, I'm off to the prayer closet!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 21

51 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I will also go all Nathan and agree, that suit is not his best look.   

You are all too nice. The suit is actually pretty fashion forward and would have looked really dapper IF he had the physique for it and the right style (especially shoes). If he is so desperate to stay in his cowboy persona why not go all the way? And I will say it - he has put on quite some weight since I last saw him. Like +25kg in what feels like two months or so. He really looks like a young, chubby Gil.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 10

As much as I loathe Nathan I actually think he looks nice in the suit. It's the most formal thing I've ever seen him wear. I don't think it matters that he's not thin--nothing wrong with people showing off their chunkier figures in the clothes they like. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic