IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

Babysitting my GD and I just hand washed both she and my daughter’s backpacks (GD’s backpack as glitter embedded)in advance of school starting next week. New backpacks every year? They must be getting them comp’d.

It's been decades since I've used a backpack 🎒, in high school I had the same backpack all four years. 

• Upvote 2

I used to get a new backpack every year in elementary school, but money was tight and I got whatever Walmart had marked down during back to school. I eventually got a jansport that’s still serviceable 15 years later but as a kid it didn’t matter how much better something else would’ve been, it just wasn’t feasible. 

• Upvote 4

When I started high school it was when a big push for school safety was happening so our bookbags had to be mesh or clear. My parents bought me and my brother the mesh Jansport and it lasted us all though high school and for me into college. I hope they are passing the bags along or donating them . Is it illegal to sell “gifted” items or PR?

Kids in Australia wear school uniforms, and it’s very common for primary schools  (Kindy to year 6) to have a backpack with the school emblem on it as part of the uniform. I bought my kids one each when they started school and seven years later a new one for high school. They were good quality and lasted the distance.

• Upvote 5

Kids in Germany wear these big good quality backpacks that last them for all 4 years of primary school (Grades 1-4). I think one of the most popular brands is called "Ergobag". Not sure if these bags are used for high school there (which is around grades 5-13) but I can imagine some of the younger grades use them. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Kids in Germany wear these big good quality backpacks that last them for all 4 years of primary school (Grades 1-4). I think one of the most popular brands is called "Ergobag". Not sure if these bags are used for high school there (which is around grades 5-13) but I can imagine some of the younger grades use them. 

Depends on the kid and on how cutesy the design is, in my experience.
My older daughter traded her kitten backpack for a cooler model after grade three (we re-sold it, so no problem), while kiddo number two happily stuck with her bright red  Ergo until year six. From year nine or so, backpacks are usually replaced by stylish shoulder bags, but they usually have lockers by then, so less stuff to carry.

• Upvote 2

I don't see a problem in buying a new school  backpack every year. Many moms have a new purse or several new purses every year, so why not the kids? I know we should buy good quality items that last for years, but...

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I don't see a problem in buying a new school  backpack every year. Many moms have a new purse or several new purses every year, so why not the kids? I know we should buy good quality items that last for years, but...

The problem is the unsustainability of it. For anyone who buys anthing new and 'throws away' something functional. The culture and systems in place that say this is fine is the main problem. It's basically unsustainable fast fashion. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

On 8/11/2022 at 11:59 PM, Heidijoey said:

When I started high school it was when a big push for school safety was happening so our bookbags had to be mesh or clear. My parents bought me and my brother the mesh Jansport and it lasted us all though high school and for me into college. I hope they are passing the bags along or donating them . Is it illegal to sell “gifted” items or PR?

I am similar in age to the Columbine shooters so I started out high school with a big nice back pack but then wasn’t allowed to use it during school hours after Columbine happened. I preferred to carry all my books in a backpack all day because they never gave us enough time in between classes to get to our lockers. But nope. Thanks to school shootings, that wasn’t allowed. 

• Upvote 4

When I was in school, I was jealous of kids in old books who had bookbags, which I assumed were always plaid, with two big buckles. I remember sort of looking for one sometimes, thinking I'd carry it even though it wasn't the usual thing to do, but I never found one. And backpacks were just for hiking. 

I still like bookbags better than backpacks, but also I think, sadly, that neither kind being see-through would stop these school shooters. It just punishes the innocent some more. 

Perhaps, though, Whitney's kids could play "going on an adventure" with their backpacks, if they know what adventures are. It might work better than tying a handkerchief to a long stick and pretending to be a "hobo," which we sometimes did when heading down to the creek to play under the railroad bridge. 

• Upvote 3

In primary school we all had book bags like this: https://www.boekentassenenzo.be/boekentassen/cameleon/boekentas-vintage-north-41-cm-3-vakken-blue-dGXj3e updated satchels with backpack straps rather than over the shoulder strap (Kipling being the brand of choice, but too expensive for us) and for secondary school an eastpak backpack was the thing.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

That looks awesome and I’d love one now!

Thinking about it they were pretty good. Lots of sections in them, usually front pockets, buckles on the front, a handle on the top as well as backpack straps. There are tons on that website (that I came across on google, looking for an image), but the supermarkets carry them at back to school time as well. I love these dinosaur ones

image.thumb.png.fdde8b0df4aea2aff0d1a62285339300.png

image.png.9f966df60e8ea634a603dc048a8dd035.png

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, medimus said:

Thinking about it they were pretty good. Lots of sections in them, usually front pockets, buckles on the front, a handle on the top as well as backpack straps. There are tons on that website (that I came across on google, looking for an image), but the supermarkets carry them at back to school time as well. I love these dinosaur ones

image.thumb.png.fdde8b0df4aea2aff0d1a62285339300.png

image.png.9f966df60e8ea634a603dc048a8dd035.png

They seem more sensible to me for school than a backpack unless you needed to carry a lot of clothes in them. Anyway, I still love things like this, and if I was not chained to my retail job, I would buy one and make use of it. 

• Upvote 1

According to Whitney's current insta story, Bradley "gives an amazing presentation on dinosaurs". I wonder whether that includes the dazzling truth that they lived only 6000 years ago - because surely that's what they taught him to believe?

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

According to Whitney's current insta story, Bradley "gives an amazing presentation on dinosaurs". I wonder whether that includes the dazzling truth that they lived only 6000 years ago - because surely that's what they taught him to believe?

It would kill me if Whitney actually believed that considering she wasn’t born into a fundie family and went to public school. 

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It would kill me if Whitney actually believed that considering she wasn’t born into a fundie family and went to public school. 

Honestly, it kills me that ANYONE believes that…

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

Jadon looks so much like Layla and Zade in this pic

I think that's Zade? I believe it was captioned as "playing with the cousins" or some such.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

That is Zade. 

ba ha ha ha well that explains it then ahhhh now I see the tag at the bottom 

a big der to me 

I just assumed it was jadon you know what that they say when you assume it makes an ass out of u and me.... lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/13/2022 at 3:35 PM, Melissa1977 said:

I got my grandson's for $3 at the local thrift plus school supplies, pencils (the nice, pre-sharpened ones), highlighters, grading pens, crayons, notebook, folders, erasers, scissors and gluesticks and spent $2.50. I took $20 of supplies back to Walmart.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

Watching these old Bringing Up Bate$ episodes, I'm left wondering -- is Zach really as much better than the other older boys as he seems? Grotesque beliefs aside (I need a macro for that), he seems so kind, patient, and caring compared to the rest of them.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic