IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

30 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

How old is Bradley? How is he a 3rd grader? He looks like my son who is going into 1st grade. Crazy! 

Bradley will turn eight in October. In my school district, he would be in second grade (September 1 cut off). Kaci turned six in June, so first grade is typical for her.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

How old is Bradley? How is he a 3rd grader? He looks like my son who is going into 1st grade. Crazy! 

Bradley is almost 8. He would be in 3rd grade here in Ontario. The Bates are a short family with tiny kids.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

It makes sense that fundies start homeschooling early. They have low academic standards, the kids are basically learning at their own pace and maturity/socialization isn’t an issue. Learning isn’t valued. School is just a box that has to be checked.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

It makes sense that fundies start homeschooling early. They have low academic standards, the kids are basically learning at their own pace and maturity/socialization isn’t an issue. Learning isn’t valued. School is just a box that has to be checked.

Plus they like to brag about graduating their kids early. Zoo and Braggie both do. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Plus they like to brag about graduating their kids early. Zoo and Braggie both do. 

This always strikes me as so odd in homeschooling circles, but it's all over the place. First, you self-proclaimed opted out of the "grade" system of standardized education. So there is no graduating "early" - it's just completing your education. It's all arbitrary once you opt out. 

Also, there's no reward for it. Like, what's the point? I mean, for most of them it means they raced through their curricula. 

• Upvote 8

On 8/5/2022 at 7:30 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Whitney and Zach need to put those kids in school. Even a Christian school is better than a crappy fundie homeschool. 

Why? They use the same curriculum but get individualized attention.

• Bless Your Heart 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Why? They use the same curriculum but get individualized attention.

We don’t know they use the same curriculum. And Whitney has zero teaching experience and has no college experience in teaching. Even Christian schools hire teachers with a bachelors typically in teaching (but not always). Not to mention the exposure to new people outside the Bates bubble. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We don’t know they use the same curriculum. And Whitney has zero teaching experience and has no college experience in teaching. Even Christian schools hire teachers with a bachelors typically in teaching (but not always). Not to mention the exposure to new people outside the Bates bubble. 

You might be putting a little to much faith in an IFB Christian school. In my experience IFB Christian schools used ACE or ABeka-- maybe Bob Jones or Rod & Staff--all of which are also used by homeschoolers. The teachers may have bachelors degrees but they are more likely than not to be degrees from unaccredited IFB colleges. The students are the exact same kids that they go to Sunday School, church services, youth group, soul winning and bus ministry with so they are already exposed to them. 

Just my opinion of course.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

You might be putting a little to much faith in an IFB Christian school. In my experience IFB Christian schools used ACE or ABeka-- maybe Bob Jones or Rod & Staff--all of which are also used by homeschoolers. The teachers may have bachelors degrees but they are more likely than not to be degrees from unaccredited IFB colleges. The students are the exact same kids that they go to Sunday School, church services, youth group, soul winning and bus ministry with so they are already exposed to them. 

Just my opinion of course.

I said Christian school. Not ifb christian school. 

• Upvote 1

They use Abeka. It was in the comments of that back to school post. They also said why they get new backpacks—for traveling.  

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

They use Abeka. It was in the comments of that back to school post. They also said why they get new backpacks—for traveling.  

Well, if they use them for traveling they shouldn't be advertising them in a "back to school" advertising post... Still deceptive imo.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Well, if they use them for traveling they shouldn't be advertising them in a "back to school" advertising post... Still deceptive imo.

There was a little more that I didn’t remember:

AA3C78B9-8743-4C0D-9F8F-1B9D3D7369EA.jpeg

• Upvote 2

They don't need a better academic educaction (irony). Bradley will work cutting trees. After daddy quitting his police job and mommy quitting her realtor job, I'm sure the kids will be brainwashed to just work for and with the family. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

On 8/7/2022 at 7:59 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think a lot of fundies start their kids early. At least the oldest kids seem to start early. Alyssa started Allie early too. They all do such a bare bones job of homeschooling that they can start early and graduate early. I think that’s why there are so many 16 and 17 year old fundies who graduate. 

This makes sense!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

They don't need a better academic educaction (irony). Bradley will work cutting trees. After daddy quitting his police job and mommy quitting her realtor job, I'm sure the kids will be brainwashed to just work for and with the family. 

Bradley might do a million different things besides cutting trees. The tree business may not even exist in ten years. The male Bates don't seem particularly interested in it.

Zach's getting a bit old to climb trees, Gil is way too old, and the teen boys seem to spend their time with Chad. 

• Move Along 1

Kelton has a company right? Maybe Bradley could apprentice there and work, of course if the company is still up and running years from now. 

Best thing for a fundie guy to do is work in the trades. Good money and benefits. One of my guy friends (who isn't fundie) studied for a few years, hated it and then got into welding and is now happy. My ex boyfriend wished he got into a trade rather than study at uni. 

• Upvote 4

On 8/9/2022 at 2:04 AM, Tdoc72 said:

There was a little more that I didn’t remember:

AA3C78B9-8743-4C0D-9F8F-1B9D3D7369EA.jpeg

Every year???? I hope she doesn’t really mean that. How wasteful! What does she do with the perfectly good “old” backpacks that haven’t even spent a year being thrown on lunchroom floors and stuffed into public classroom cubbies?

My kids get a new school bag either when the old one is too worn out or their previous one is too small for new needs (like moving from preschool to elementary school), and then that bag gets passed down to the next sibling!

Not sure why I have any expectation of fundies caring about wastefulness or the environment. Especially the ones who run a cheap fast fashion disposable clothing business…

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

44 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Every year???? I hope she doesn’t really mean that. How wasteful! What does she do with the perfectly good “old” backpacks that haven’t even spent a year being thrown on lunchroom floors and stuffed into public classroom cubbies?

My kids get a new school bag either when the old one is too worn out or their previous one is too small for new needs (like moving from preschool to elementary school), and then that bag gets passed down to the next sibling!

Not sure why I have any expectation of fundies caring about wastefulness or the environment. Especially the ones who run a cheap fast fashion disposable clothing business…

Same. My kids are still using the backpacks I bought a couple years ago. And I’m betting they will last this school year too. They are still in good shape. They use them every single school day. So it’s not like they aren’t being used. I imagine a homeschooled kid has a backpack in even better condition. Since he’s not dragging it to and from school everyday. I just don’t get this. I hope she donates the old backpacks so someone else can get some use out of it. My kids are even starting the school year with the shoes they’ve worn all summer. And I’m not actually buying new school clothes until September because they will start school when it’s still hot in august. 

• Upvote 8

When my kids hit middle school, I'd get them an LL Bean backpack, the bigger one. They are 21-28 now and I still see them using those. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

I had a backpack that, as I recall, lasted me all four years of high school. My aunt got me a nice backpack, JanSport I think, with a leather bottom that lasted all four years of college. Unfortunately just after I graduated my brother had broken another backpack and my mom suggested that he get my nice one from college. I'm not sure that it made it through the rest of the school year. He used to be really hard on backpacks.

• Sad 1

I just got a new backpack last Christmas to replace the one I got when I started college in 2005. And pre-COVID I travelled a LOT for work so that thing got a pretty good workout for a lot of years. 

• Love 1

I got an my 3 and LL Bean backpack when my middle started K. (Did the little need it at 2.5? No. But she really wanted to go to school. The backpack helped her sadness.) Six years later those backpacks are still used. 

• Upvote 2

Oh wow. The backback I use right now for small hikings and vacations and flights, is at least 17 years old. It had a perfect combination of small and large compartments. It was my backpack for school,  it was from ALDI and it somehow lasted forever. I say lasted because the day before our vacation in July this year the shoulder straps started to rip. I desperately sewed them together because there was no time, no other backback, and no nerves left. Now I want to buy a backback of good quality which I can use for the next 17 years. I don't think that an ALDI backback nowadays would last that long. 

• Upvote 2

I get that it seems wasteful, but how is Whitney supposed to do her social media influencing if she doesn’t show the new products she has? I have to assume she’s either not paying for those products or will make it up in income from people using her discount codes. I think a lot of people with money buy their kids new backpacks every year and donate or repurpose the old ones.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic