IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

18 minutes ago, FundMe said:

This all reminds me of our first house many years ago. We had to replace carpet in the family room. I said mix mud with red kool-aid  and that's the color I want!

Growing up, the color of carpet in the tv room was a rust color. It hid a ton of stains. Including kool-aid. So good choice!

• Thank You 1

Whitney also reiterated that she had no affiliation with Love Sac. She was just waxing rhapsodic because she loved the couch so much. 

Definitely fishing for a discount. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/22/2022 at 4:18 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s got slip covers that are washable. But still. Being white could be challenging. I can imagine a lot of washing. 

"Challenging"? Lol. Four little kids and a white sofa. She'll be washing those slipcovers every day It's a stupid color choice.

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Growing up, the color of carpet in the tv room was a rust color. It hid a ton of stains. Including kool-aid. So good choice!

My parents had that color in the hallway and all the bedrooms for years!

• Upvote 2

This is why I have a leather couch and laminate flooring. It was already very convenient with my own clumsiness and now that I have a puking baby it is even better. I can imagine I will thank the decision a thousand times more when he grows up.

• Upvote 10

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

Whitney also reiterated that she had no affiliation with Love Sac. She was just waxing rhapsodic because she loved the couch so much. 

Definitely fishing for a discount. 

She may not have an affiliation but no way she didnt get a disscount or the couch for free the way she goes on an on about the couch on her stories. She is doing a full infomercial, nobody loves a couch so much!

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, llucie said:

She may not have an affiliation but no way she didnt get a disscount or the couch for free the way she goes on an on about the couch on her stories. She is doing a full infomercial, nobody loves a couch so much!

She needs to disclose that.

• I Agree 1

On 8/1/2022 at 4:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Whit now says they are exchanging the white covers for a darker color because she was washing the white covers all the time. This is such a young person type of move. Someone older who has lived awhile would never have bought the white covers with four little kids in the home. She bought it based on looks, not practicality and regretted it. Maybe she learned her lesson. I buy so much stuff based on how easily it will stain. That’s why I have ugly brown couch covers. 

I had white covers when my oldest were little, because ikea sold white slipcovers for like 1/4 of the price of all the other colors. They must have figured out that NO ONE shopping ikea wants white furniture - haha! But I would have never selected it for stylistic reasons. It wasn't as horrible in the end as I had anticipated - because the slipcovers were washable I washed/bleached them pretty regularly. But when it was time to replace them I could afford to upgrade.

However, this was also when we lived in a rental with carpeting in the dining room (the BANE of a family with very young children!) So cleaning slipcovers was way easier than trying to keep that carpet somewhat decent. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, neuroticcat said:

I had white covers when my oldest were little, because ikea sold white slipcovers for like 1/4 of the price of all the other colors. They must have figured out that NO ONE shopping ikea wants white furniture - haha! But I would have never selected it for stylistic reasons. It wasn't as horrible in the end as I had anticipated - because the slipcovers were washable I washed/bleached them pretty regularly. But when it was time to replace them I could afford to upgrade.

However, this was also when we lived in a rental with carpeting in the dining room (the BANE of a family with very young children!) So cleaning slipcovers was way easier than trying to keep that carpet somewhat decent. 

There was carpeting in every room of my dad’s house when I was growing up. The bathrooms, laundry room, kitchen, basement, everything. It was so bad. There were so many stains on the kitchen carpet. Even though it was a dark color. 

• WTF 2

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There was carpeting in every room of my dad’s house when I was growing up. The bathrooms, laundry room, kitchen, basement, everything. It was so bad. There were so many stains on the kitchen carpet. Even though it was a dark color. 

I just do not understand carpeting in the bathroom. It seems the definition of gross. Plus, if there is a leak or the toilet overflows. . . ugh. Carpeting in the dining room is also a nightmare especially when small children are involved.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Whitney just posted a back to school photo of her first and third grader. Are they going to public school? 

Out of all the Bates and Duggar kids, which ones are choosing not to homeschool their own kids?

• Upvote 1

nope they're still homeschooled! not sure if they do a group homeschool with other kids but they are defintely homeschooled!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, candygirl200413 said:

nope they're still homeschooled! not sure if they do a group homeschool with other kids but they are defintely homeschooled!

Is anyone besides Jill sending their kids to public school?

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Wasn't Tori teaching them all at one time? I don't recall Whitney ever posting about "teaching" them herself.  So sad how, at this point in time, not a one of them is interesting in giving their blessings a proper education.  No surprise, just sad how they don't value learning and education, unless it benefits them directly, and even then, they will give all the credit to Jesus. *^ck these people.

• Upvote 10

Whitney and Zach need to put those kids in school. Even a Christian school is better than a crappy fundie homeschool. 

• Upvote 6

I was going to come over here and birch about the irony of Whitneys obviously targeted add post for some kind of kick back. She very carefully worded her post. They are celebrating the new school year and can’t wait to get back into the school vibes. . No mention of going back to a bricks and mortar school. 
The shoe mall people obvs went on how many followers she has not her actual life because they wanted parents who need back to school shoes not mummas who just shop for everyday regular shoes. 
I find her post (as often) misleading and disgenuiine and a money grab. Back packs slung over a kids shoulder like they are headed out for school? Nope we all know you home school and have no day to day use for those backpacks you got for free.. 

BA81E4FF-77FC-4DD9-AF5C-6DBAE42F442B.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Add pic
  • Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Right? Why do they need new shoes if they aren’t even leaving the house for school? They will probably just do their school work at the kitchen table barefoot. And when will they use their backpacks? They probably have their own cubby for all their school supplies somewhere in the house. It would have been even funnier if they added lunch boxes to the ad. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

She very carefully worded her post.

Very carefully. Note that the curriculum is on its way...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Wasn't Tori teaching them all at one time? I don't recall Whitney ever posting about "teaching" them herself.  So sad how, at this point in time, not a one of them is interesting in giving their blessings a proper education.  No surprise, just sad how they don't value learning and education, unless it benefits them directly, and even then, they will give all the credit to Jesus. *^ck these people.

I think it's like a mixture of that and also using books to teach them because I remember seeing a few from her stories way back when!

• Upvote 3

How is Tori supposed to be the Bates family teacher when she is pregnant every year? That might have been ok in the past but I doubt Tori will be teaching a bunch of kids this year. I could see Whit hiring tutors like Kelly. If fundies get enough money, their homeschooling always ends up with hired help. Because no mom can teach 10 kids and 10 different grade levels and do a decent job. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Do you guys want me to start a pinned thread so we can keep up with the companies sponsoring these horrible racist fools so we can boycott? I know when the Bates got FabFitFun boxes, I sent a lot of messages since I have been a member for years and years.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

14 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Do you guys want me to start a pinned thread so we can keep up with the companies sponsoring these horrible racist fools so we can boycott? I know when the Bates got FabFitFun boxes, I sent a lot of messages since I have been a member for years and years.

Judging by how active the one over in the Duggar forum is, probably not worth the effort…? 

Never mind, I just noticed I muted that thread when it had been inactive for over a year. For all I know it’s the busiest Duggar thread! 😂

Edited by Mrs Ms
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

How old is Bradley? How is he a 3rd grader? He looks like my son who is going into 1st grade. Crazy! 

I think a lot of fundies start their kids early. At least the oldest kids seem to start early. Alyssa started Allie early too. They all do such a bare bones job of homeschooling that they can start early and graduate early. I think that’s why there are so many 16 and 17 year old fundies who graduate. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic