IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 8: #ad, #sponsored & Whit Finds the Time!

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I agree! These girls care about how the clothes look on them. If the Bates dresses don't look good, all the branding in the world won't make a difference! Great point.

Yes! And I don’t think Carlin really cares about quality either - she’s posted before about ordering from places like Shein, for example. 

I’ve only started prioritizing quality myself in the last few years (I’m 27). I loveeee shopping at second hand stores now… you can find so many hidden gems there in great condition. I’ve purchased shirts and dresses that retail for $400 for less than $20. :) granted, I mostly wear scrubs for work, so I really don’t go through clothing that frequently and usually have most pieces for several years. I’ve stopped shopping at places like Old Navy and many of the mall stores because I find those pieces wear with just a few washes (and also those brands often use sweat shops etc). 

Edited by Keys
  • Upvote 7

I do rather want one of those "Make heaven crowded" t-shirts. Just so I can add in sharpie: "It'll leave more space in hell for ME!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18
  • Love 3

In this age of social media, especially for younger peeps, they don't really care about the quality of a clothing because they want something new new new new for their social media feed. As long as they think it'll fit their aesthetics, they won't mind if it'll unravel by the second wash because they have no plan to wear it forever. Even if they have the cash to buy quality luxury items, they still have zero desire to make it as "an investment piece" that'll last them a lifetime. This is why websites like Shein and Fashion Nova are popular, as long as the price and style are right, they'll keep buying.

Personally I try to buy clothing from local designers more as they have better quality. But sometimes pieces from fast fashion brands can be too darn cute to pass up (still try to limit them to 3 purchases/year but alas)

• Upvote 5

@arareyeah you are right. I've never bought in shein (I don't like to buy clothes online) but I've wayched Shein hauls in Youtube and the clothes look very low quality. But it's a shame that medium-prized or even upper-medium brands are so low quality nowadays. They used to be far better.

Due to natural fibers becoming more expensive because drought and the increasing prize of gas and oil, I wonder how long cheap fashion will last.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 4/15/2022 at 12:29 PM, CanadianMamam said:

When I was younger ng I don't think I ever considered quality, my mother did but I didn't.

And it's mostly mothers who are buying (or not buying) these clothes.

12 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

And it's mostly mothers who are buying (or not buying) these clothes.

By high school? Not really. In the early 20s? Nope. 

As I posted up thread, my parents would buy whatever I needed in September, any other clothes I wanted I had to buy myself. 

And if you are saying their customer base are mothers, then my guess is they are likely younger mothers like the Bates girls. 

It's the same philosophy as Shein hauls, it is the look of the clothes that matters, not the quality and I am sure there are people who look at the pretty Bates girls and will buy tier clothes to hopefully look like them.

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1

• 2 months later...

Khloe broke her arm. I didn’t watch it with sound but Lordy, she took it like a trooper. No tears at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 1

On 7/8/2022 at 5:19 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Khloe broke her arm. I didn’t watch it with sound but Lordy, she took it like a trooper. No tears at all. 

They posted a video of her breaking her arm??!?!? Or maybe you meant of the medical aftermath, but either way, WTF?

I know that these people don’t give their kids privacy, but holy hell. She’s what? 2.5 right? Poor baby, for all the crappiness that comes with breaking a limb, for it happening when she’s so young, and for her parents not respecting her (and not just in this situation). 😞

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

She showed her while they were waiting for it to be cast, she was drawing and then as the cast was being finished.  She didn't show when it happened nor immediate aftermath, but, probably wasn't filming then, otherwise she may have.

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JustEnough said:

I know that these people don’t give their kids privacy, but holy hell. She’s what? 2.5 right? Poor baby, for all the crappiness that comes with breaking a limb, for it happening when she’s so young, and for her parents not respecting her (and not just in this situation). 😞

I wonder if Whitney would want to be filmed if she broke her own arm.

On 4/16/2022 at 11:54 AM, arareyeah said:

In this age of social media, especially for younger peeps, they don't really care about the quality of a clothing because they want something new new new new for their social media feed. As long as they think it'll fit their aesthetics, they won't mind if it'll unravel by the second wash because they have no plan to wear it forever.

Are young, hip, social media influencers really buying from the Bates Family Boutique?

• Move Along 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 4:38 PM, Jackie3 said:

I wonder if Whitney would want to be filmed if she broke her own arm.

Everyone’s different of course, but when I broke my foot/ankle it was super traumatic for me and had my spouse shared any part of it on social media I’d have been so angry and hurt. When my spouse broke his arm I shared pictures of the X-ray on my Facebook (with only family and friends, it’s not totally public), but it was with his consent (and I had him read the wording before posting). And absolutely nothing from the night of, or of his actual arm or person at the hospital. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

They bought a huge love sac sectional that had to cost thousands. There’s a very similar one on the lovsac site that’s over $10,000.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

7 hours ago, Guanabana said:

How long before the kids get their grubby, little, dirty hands all over the fabric?

It’s got slip covers that are washable. But still. Being white could be challenging. I can imagine a lot of washing. 

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s got slip covers that are washable. But still. Being white could be challenging. I can imagine a lot of washing. 

I can imagine a lot of yelling.

"No, wash your hands first!" "Are your hands clean?" "Take off your shoes before getting on the . . ." "Use your markers on the. . . "

Edited by Jackie3
  • Eyeroll 1

I'm pretty lucky and have a good salary that allows me a nice place to live, nice furniture, yearly vacations, new cars every few years, all within reason, but, damn, someone tell me how influencers make so much $$ when she doesn't even post daily. A new house being completely renovated, addition, their stove was around $5-6K from memory, now a $10K couch and all at their age with 4 kids, crazy!

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

I'm pretty lucky and have a good salary that allows me a nice place to live, nice furniture, yearly vacations, new cars every few years, all within reason, but, damn, someone tell me how influencers make so much $$ when she doesn't even post daily. A new house being completely renovated, addition, their stove was around $5-6K from memory, now a $10K couch and all at their age with 4 kids, crazy!

I know right, he quit his cop job and I doubt working for his dad's tree company makes him a lot. Plus there boutique might be successful, but they co own it so half the profits. I honestly think a lot of the kids are irresponsible with money. It might seem like their living the high life now but they probably have little to 0 savings and it will bite them in the ass one day spending all this money. I think Josie and Kelton are the only ones financially responsible, for the most part they seem to live within their means considering they probably bring in the most money out of all the couples. And there's nothing wrong with renting, but Chad and Erin are still renting and there with over 30 and been married for a decade. I know there moving but they didn't say if they were buying or not. 5 kids and a single income will do that to you so no wonder there starting to post more on YouTube. But that just goes to this whole families financial irresponsibility. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, raayx01 said:

I know right, he quit his cop job and I doubt working for his dad's tree company makes him a lot. Plus there boutique might be successful, but they co own it so half the profits. I honestly think a lot of the kids are irresponsible with money. It might seem like their living the high life now but they probably have little to 0 savings and it will bite them in the ass one day spending all this money. I think Josie and Kelton are the only ones financially responsible, for the most part they seem to live within their means considering they probably bring in the most money out of all the couples. And there's nothing wrong with renting, but Chad and Erin are still renting and there with over 30 and been married for a decade. I know there moving but they didn't say if they were buying or not. 5 kids and a single income will do that to you so no wonder there starting to post more on YouTube. But that just goes to this whole families financial irresponsibility. 

I think Carlin & Evan probably have a fairly healthy income some based on the boutique (they also have employees & spend for photography, so probably not an extreme amount rolling in), her influencing, plus Evan also being in a profession that pays pretty well.

While they spend money, just purchased a new home, updated the kitchen, flooring and are furnishing it, I don't see the same level of $$$ that Whitney & Zack are spending. Not sure how Carlin's medical bills will now affect them and I doubt neither are debt free, but, it is a little baffling the level of dollars Z&W are spending.

I am clearly in the wrong profession!

• Upvote 5

Well, I'm interested to see how things will be 10 or 20 years from now for them and others who make a career out of being an influencer. What happens as they age?  Will they still have the same amount of followers wanting to buy what they're shilling? I assume those who now but are fans around their age, but as the fans age as well, will there purchasing habits change accordingly?  I hope all of them are at least saving for the future, but as others sat, probably not.  I'm also very interested to know how the homeschooling will be progressing as their kids get older. Carlin and Josie's kids are still younger, but we never see Whitney posting much about her actually homeschooling other than the curriculum she's using. I assume she probably does what Alyssa does (make her kids watch a computer screen all day) but doesn't post as it may adversely affect her shilling potential.  It makes me sad to think about the education the Bateses grandkids are getting considering they're being "tought" by those who were tought by Kelly.  

• Upvote 4

I wonder if Whitney's mother is helping. My mother came into a large sum last year and she was pretty generous with us, taking us on vacation and helping fund a new car. So I wonder if Whitney's mom got life insurance and offered a similar gift? 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I wonder if Whitney's mother is helping. My mother came into a large sum last year and she was pretty generous with us, taking us on vacation and helping fund a new car. So I wonder if Whitney's mom got life insurance and offered a similar gift? 

There is a benefit to being an only child. You don’t have to split it 19 ways.

• Upvote 13

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There is a benefit to being an only child. You don’t have to split it 19 ways.

Exactly. I am an only child too, which is my mom can make those offers and gifts (although my MIL gave us our house down payment and she had four children, but enough money from selling her house to give each child a generous gift). Parental help in small families is very different than families with 10+ kids. 

• Rufus Bless 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whit now says they are exchanging the white covers for a darker color because she was washing the white covers all the time. This is such a young person type of move. Someone older who has lived awhile would never have bought the white covers with four little kids in the home. She bought it based on looks, not practicality and regretted it. Maybe she learned her lesson. I buy so much stuff based on how easily it will stain. That’s why I have ugly brown couch covers. 

• Upvote 7

This all reminds me of our first house many years ago. We had to replace carpet in the family room. I said mix mud with red kool-aid  and that's the color I want!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic