IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 41: Marrying off the Kidults at the Speed of Light

Coconut Flan

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I figured I should just start a new thread for this fundie singles camp at Fort Rock. The Instagram is posting a lot of pictures. It’s for singles age 15-25 but I spotted Jenny Duggar and Faith Seewald and they are younger than 15. The Duggars, Wissmanns, Forsyths, Seewalds, Haights and more are there. Here is the Instagram Enjoy!

https://www.instagram.com/discipleshipsummit/

They are both older than 15. Not by much. 85E33F28-D81C-48BA-975D-A5BB0C737568.thumb.png.4b8ce028d74716f22fd8baf2fc5e501f.pngF2475C16-22B6-46CF-BC3E-FC4FD72AC1DD.thumb.jpeg.f3b61c6a66243f1ce5aecdfddf34a4cc.jpeg

• Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Isn't 16 basically "young adult" in the Harry Potter books? Like the age you can learn to apparate and make some of your own life decisions?

no, thats 17 :D

I may not know a lot about lesser known fundies, but my HP-knowledge is extensive :)

Well, I bet it is a superspreader, only we will never know, cause they would not admit to that.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Why are they inviting 15-year-olds to an event for "singles"? Oh that poor old maid, still unmarried at 16...

• Upvote 9

50 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

They are both older than 15. Not by much. 85E33F28-D81C-48BA-975D-A5BB0C737568.thumb.png.4b8ce028d74716f22fd8baf2fc5e501f.pngF2475C16-22B6-46CF-BC3E-FC4FD72AC1DD.thumb.jpeg.f3b61c6a66243f1ce5aecdfddf34a4cc.jpeg

No I said Jenny, not Johannah. Jenny isn’t 15 yet. I believe Faith isn’t yet 15 either. They are allowed to attend if an older sibling goes with them.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

They did a "registration refund" giveaway, presumably meaning that person attends for free, and the winner was "Lily S." There could be more than one Lily S. in the right age group (it was just a graphic with the name, no photo), but Dwain and Lana are also shown speaking, so my money is on Lily Swanson. It could be completely legit, but as someone who works in events, I would never have someone so closely entwined with my organization be eligible to win a prize like that. I kind of gives the appearance of being rigged if the daughter of featured speakers, who happens to be related by marriage to the owners of the camp, wins the giveaway. 

I saw Lily Swanson in one of the pics so she’s there. 

• Upvote 3

Jenny is there?! She’s 13! There’s not a chance in heck I would allow a 13 to attend an event with 25 year olds. The conversations etc are all way beyond what she needs to be a part of at this point. And, when I was 25 I would not have wanted to spend a week with a kid fresh out of grade 8. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Jenny is there?! She’s 13! There’s not a chance in heck I would allow a 13 to attend an event with 25 year olds. The conversations etc are all way beyond what she needs to be a part of at this point. And, when I was 25 I would not have wanted to spend a week with a kid fresh out of grade 8. 

There was a picture of her in a small group with Faith Seewald. I hope she mostly stuck with her small group of younger campers. That would be the appropriate choice but fundies aren’t always appropriate. 

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Discipleship Summit for Single Young Fundies

About the camp:

At the Discipleship Summit, young people will be encouraged to make Christ the first priority in their hearts and make wise decisions throughout their lives.

The sessions and activities of the Discipleship Summit are planned with these goals in mind: to motivate single young people to choose to seek God first, to discover His desire and design for their lives, and to love Him with all their hearts! And we have a ton of fun along the way!

Guys and girls are divided into separate teams and friendly competition between the teams is held throughout camp.

We’d love to see you there! Join us July 21–24! Camp begins at 5pm on Wednesday, and ends Saturday at 2pm.

Speakers:

SPEAKERS INCLUDE: Dr. Jim Schettler  Pastor Noel Cwenar  Dwain Swanson

The point is to have young people make Christ their first priority. These kids are probably of the same fundie flavor of Christianity. They don't get to choose anything, their parents have already chosen their path and just labeled it that all the kids wanted the same exact thing and, no surprise, it is the Forsyth camp. So this is a fundie sanctioned find your Mrs/Mr camp. The thing I find gross, is the age goes up to age 25. A 25 yo could be looking at a minor (as young as 14) for a future spouse. ?

I am surprised that Jill & David Rod haven't tried to send their older teens to this camp to get the right kind of spouse. The cost is the same as one month of stimulus and A list fundies attend! ?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am surprised that Jill & David Rod haven't tried to send their older teens to this camp to get the right kind of spouse.

I suspect they either haven't heard about it, didn't have the deposits due to their feast/famine lifestyle, or didn't want to lose their childcare and cleaning options. Pity, it would be good for Tim, Kaylee, Renee, Samuel, Phillip and any of the eligible others I've forgotten to get away for a bit.

• Upvote 17

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I suspect they either haven't heard about it, didn't have the deposits due to their feast/famine lifestyle, or didn't want to lose their childcare and cleaning options. Pity, it would be good for Tim, Kaylee, Renee, Samuel, Phillip and any of the eligible others I've forgotten to get away for a bit.

I’m betting they can’t afford it normally. Maybe this year they could thanks to the stimulus money. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Jill thought a lot of them at the summit were way too worldly for her kids. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I am surprised that Jill & David Rod haven't tried to send their older teens to this camp to get the right kind of spouse. The cost is the same as one month of stimulus and A list fundies attend! ?

What? Wasting that precious money that can be used for Jill's coffees, dinners and figurines? Losing the cleaners and nannies? But more important than that: Jill would be angry and jealous thinking about her daughters having fun, with the fundie royalty, while she stays at home. No way.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

I have a hard time believing that Jill would allow her minions to go to any event in which Jill cannot somehow convince herself that she is one of the star attractions. I also don't feel she will allow them to do anything where they might escape her and DBD's supervision in even the most minor ways. I am still surprised that she allowed three of the older ones to go to that wedding without her. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

1 minute ago, FiveAcres said:

I have a hard time believing that Jill would allow her minions to go to any event in which Jill cannot somehow convince herself that she is one of the star attractions. I also don't feel she will allow them to do anything where they might escape her and DBD's supervision in even the most minor ways. I am still surprised that she allowed three of the older ones to go to that wedding without her. 

I bet they had to immediately text back anytime she texted them. We know they have phones and she probably uses them as leashes for when they are away. 

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 8

7 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I mean in sibling groups with large age ranges, I am not sure it's unusual. My husband is the youngest by many years and often went on camping trips or ball games with his older siblings and his friends when he was 13 and they were early 20s and I often did things with a cousin 6 years older than me and her friends, including being the only underage bridesmaid at her wedding. And camps always have large age ranges, don't they? When I went to camp, campers were 6-14. The 6 year olds weren't hanging out with the 14 year olds, but they were at the same place, so if it is like that and the younger teens are hanging out together, I guess I don't see the big deal. Except it is totally a super spreader, so that is bad. 

• Upvote 6

There was recently a Bible camp in Kansas that got 150 people sick with COVID so this could definitely be a super spreader event.  #covidforjesus 

• Upvote 20

On 7/22/2021 at 7:00 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s single fundies camp time! Poor Johanna. This is held at Fort Rock each year and it’s for singles 15-25. 

844005D9-FC80-4B15-93F3-D431F314F394.jpeg

I don't know if it's just me, or my poor tired brain, but when I glanced at the name of the summit, I saw dipshit.  I mean, the letters are all there and in the right order, and somehow my eyes just filtered out what was between them and presto!  Dipshit.  Oh, I have had a week, lol!  I apologize if I offended anyone, but I thought it was funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 26
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Y'all remind me, is this the discipleship summit that Jed! founded? There's pics on the program's instagram page ft Katey, who I'd presume is in some sort of administrative role in light of *marriage*

• Upvote 7

I’m not seeing any Bates boys at the summit. I’m wondering if the Bates are trying to distance themselves publicly from the Duggars since Josh’s arrest. They still have a tv show. They have a dress shop. They have a lot of followers on social media. I’m guessing they don’t want to ruin that by being pictured on social media with the Duggars. 

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean in sibling groups with large age ranges, I am not sure it's unusual. My husband is the youngest by many years and often went on camping trips or ball games with his older siblings and his friends when he was 13 and they were early 20s and I often did things with a cousin 6 years older than me and her friends, including being the only underage bridesmaid at her wedding. And camps always have large age ranges, don't they? When I went to camp, campers were 6-14. The 6 year olds weren't hanging out with the 14 year olds, but they were at the same place, so if it is like that and the younger teens are hanging out together, I guess I don't see the big deal. Except it is totally a super spreader, so that is bad. 

I don’t think the issue is necessarily the age difference. If it was a regular camp, or like you mentioned a group of kids hanging out. But this is branded as a singles event, presumably to meet ones future spouse. That is what makes the age gap gross. 15 year olds and 25 year olds do not belong in the same dating pool.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13

1 hour ago, Mimosa said:

I don’t think the issue is necessarily the age difference. If it was a regular camp, or like you mentioned a group of kids hanging out. But this is branded as a singles event, presumably to meet ones future spouse. That is what makes the age gap gross. 15 year olds and 25 year olds do not belong in the same dating pool.

It doesn't say singles event anywhere on the website that I could find. I mean it obviously is meant as matchmaking and for people to meet their future spouses but I think for me it depends how they structure the activities and groups if it is a big deal. 

I mean there are lots and lots of things wrong with the summit, but I am not sure the age grouping is one. 

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1

22 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

And, when I was 25 I would not have wanted to spend a week with a kid fresh out of grade 8. 

Oh definitely by the time I was 25, I didn't want to hang around kids just out of high school much less 8th grade.   So many changes go on in those years even if later in life the differences from the space of years grows smaller.   I was good friends with someone 17 years older than I.   But we met when I was in my mid-30s. and she was just over 50.   We didn't even think about the fact that she was nearly out of high school when I was born.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

It doesn't say singles event anywhere on the website that I could find. I mean it obviously is meant as matchmaking and for people to meet their future spouses but I think for me it depends how they structure the activities and groups if it is a big deal. 

I mean there are lots and lots of things wrong with the summit, but I am not sure the age grouping is one. 

This is what it says on the Instagram so it’s meant for single adults, yet they let 13-17 year olds. 

413698D8-A9C0-4BC9-98EF-1BA3B86B2AAD.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

On 7/23/2021 at 1:50 PM, Expectopatronus said:

When I first taught at Christian school I was 23 and single.  everyone there tried to get me to go to a “youth group” at a particular church in the city. I was confused by that, being a 23 year old college grade. Youth group in any church I’d ever been to was for grades 9-12. Turned out this youth group was for everyone from seventh grade to  singles up to age 30.  And everything was mixed groups. As a result I had high school students who attended that church who were “friends” with people older than me -as in socializing with them regularly. And there were some bizarre dating relationships as well (22 year old woman and a 15 year old tenth grader for example). 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 4
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 14

• Coconut Flan locked this topic