IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 41: Marrying off the Kidults at the Speed of Light

Coconut Flan

11 minutes ago, Meggo said:

Who is in the purple dress on the end? That's not a great cut of dress... 

Jenny. It’s hard to recognize her because she’s actually smiling. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

It looks a lot like a Mennonite dress I've seen people around here wear. 

Also - I'm roasting in a tshirt and shorts - can't imagine adding leggings to that layer too - ugh.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Meggo said:

Also - I'm roasting in a tshirt and shorts - can't imagine adding leggings to that layer too - ugh.

Exactly!  Sweet Rufus, that dress covers the knees already--why another layer?--and why does it need to be below her knees as well? If she's just worried about flashing her panties on a theme park ride, just put some little boycut shorts on underneath instead of long leggings.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Exactly!  Sweet Rufus, that dress covers the knees already--why another layer?--and why does it need to be below her knees as well? If she's just worried about flashing her panties on a theme park ride, just put some little boycut shorts on underneath instead of long leggings.

It’s because they will be riding fast rides that might blow up their skirt. And that’s why everyone wears shorts to SDC. 

• Upvote 6

I know this is a wild idea but... why not just wear bike short / Bermuda short length... shorts?  Oh. That’s right.  It would be immodest, whereas your skirt blowing up and showing off your bike shorts it #jesusapproved

• Upvote 9

19 hours ago, patsymae said:

My mind is still trying to wrap around the fact that Tyler was removed from his home because his mother had addiction problems and sent into this clusterfuck of sadistic perverts and their enablers.

How do we know why Tyler's mother lost custody? I don't think that information was ever made public. 

Between living with his mother and living with the Duggars, he lived with his grandmother (Michelle's sister). Then his grandma had a stroke and he moved in with the Duggars. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Meggo said:

Who is in the purple dress on the end? That's not a great cut of dress... 

just when I think Duggar girl fashion can’t get any worse, they make a liar out of me. These poor girls look awful and why can’t they have Keds instead of those fugly shoes?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I just wish they would let the teen girls dress more like their peers. Teens wear comfy clothing to amusement parks. Jean shorts, t-shirts, and some tennis shoes. 

• Upvote 4

Holy crow! Hannie looks so much like Jessa in that picture and Jenny has gone from looking like a little kid to looking like an adult woman. Poor kid! In that toxic purity cult, I think it would be easier to continue to look prepubescent for a long time. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

My prediction is on Jeremy leaving Jinger.  I think he'll ultimately get bored and I don't think he's super-steeped in any religion other than the House of Jeremy.

This is pure speculation based on nothing, but Jeremy gives me creepy controlling vibes. Like, he won’t leave Jinger because he can get away with anything he likes and she will stay and serve him. She’ll dance around on eggshells doing everything possible to please him and it will never be enough, but he won’t leave because he likes the power, and she wouldn’t dare leave or imagine she deserves better. He just gives me that shuddery feeling of “Mr Charming in public, Mr Nightmare behind closed doors”. Based on nothing at all. He might be the kindest gentlest person ever for all I know.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 8

That’s Jenny. The dress looks very hot and doesn’t suit her. Neither does life as a Duggar though. ?

Edited by fundiewatch
Everyone knows it’s Jenny. I didn’t know there was another page of replies…
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 6/27/2021 at 5:43 PM, patsymae said:

So will the next scandal be something on an ID network show where the preacher/preacher's wife/choir director/good Christian lady committed murder because divorce would make them a pariah? There seem to be a lot of those (yes, I'm a crap TV junkie)

That already happened: 

A few years ago, Investigative Discovery aired “Led Into Temptation", the story of the murder of Christa Baker Alexander. Although I’m older than Christa and Couty so I never met them, we have acquaintances in common. Christa’s murder-- or more correctly the fact that Couty was the murderer—was one of many events that poked holes in the bubble I had been living in all my life. You raised your children “right”; as the child, you did “right”. Things like this weren’t supposed to happen to us. Things like this just would never have the opportunity to happen. Except. . . here was proof that they could.

I think that part of Couty wanted to do "right"-- which is why he courted and married Christa-- but another part of him just couldn't take the pressure and escaped into his job. That side eventually won and he snapped under the pressure of trying to live a double life. Those who knew Couty will tell you that they never saw this side of him. Everyone believed his original story at first because nothing else seemed to fit with what they knew of Couty. Some think that Christa was gathering clothes to leave him (maybe she had proof of the affair?). This would expose his cover. If his family found out about his double life, his relationship with them would be forever altered. I don't think it was that he thought that murder was the lesser of two evils—divorce vs. murder. I don't think he was that rational. I think he just wanted to stop his life from forever changing-- and then the gun went off. I feel for both the Bakers and Alexanders who did lose three members of their families that day—Christa, the baby, and the Couty that had been lost somewhere along the way.

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On 6/28/2021 at 11:25 AM, PurpleCats said:

I know this is a wild idea but... why not just wear bike short / Bermuda short length... shorts?  Oh. That’s right.  It would be immodest, whereas your skirt blowing up and showing off your bike shorts it #jesusapproved

I wore a dress to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago because I knew I'd be hot.  I wore flesh-colored bike shorts underneath.  I didn't realize how many rides would blow my skirt up!  I will wear dark bike shorts next time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

I wore a dress to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago because I knew I'd be hot.  I wore flesh-colored bike shorts underneath.  I didn't realize how many rides would blow my skirt up!  I will wear dark bike shorts next time.

I need bike pants under my dress to stop Chub rub!  Lol 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I need bike pants under my dress to stop Chub rub!  Lol 

I thought everybody wore booty shorts under dresses when doing anything active.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

One word.  Skorts.  They come in many different lengths and styles.  No need for leggings or shorts underneath.

Edited by RosyDaisy
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 2

"Like, he won’t leave Jinger because he can get away with anything he likes and she will stay and serve him."

Not at all comparing the men in any other way, but this reminds me of Bob Dylan saying he married Sara because "she'll be there when I want her to be there, and she'll do it when I want to do it."

Plus Jinger came with enough D-level star power to get him out of Laredo and into LA, and provide a forum, however feeble, to spew his great intellectual thoughts.
 I still think Jeremy envisioned himself as the next, but hipper, Joel Olsteen (in terms of popularity, reach, etc.). Kids in some elite Christian Academy, multiple media outlets, Kirk Cameron producing and starring in From Pro Athlete to Groundbreaking Theologian: The Vuolo Story.

While the others might have a harder time right now, given the lack of education, skills, common sense, etc., at least the married boys have more modest expectations and in-laws who aren't Duggars. While Jinjer really has nothing going on, since there isn't any there there. They may come out of this worse off than any of the others.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

8 hours ago, patsymae said:

Plus Jinger came with enough D-level star power to get him out of Laredo and into LA, and provide a forum, however feeble, to spew his great intellectual thoughts.
 I still think Jeremy envisioned himself as the next, but hipper, Joel Olsteen (in terms of popularity, reach, etc.). Kids in some elite Christian Academy, multiple media outlets, Kirk Cameron producing and starring in From Pro Athlete to Groundbreaking Theologian: The Vuolo Story.

While the others might have a harder time right now, given the lack of education, skills, common sense, etc., at least the married boys have more modest expectations and in-laws who aren't Duggars. While Jinjer really has nothing going on, since there isn't any there there. They may come out of this worse off than any of the others.

Jeremy will end up out-JimBobbing Jim Bob. I think that has been his goal since he met Ben. From the day of Josh's arrest I bet Jeremy has been thinking... scheming... and maybe even consulting with PR folks or his sermon school mentors on the best ways to parlay his close relationship (close as in brother-in-law, not close as in best buds) to Josh into a money grab. Jeremy will always be on the lookout for his next money grab.

• Upvote 10

On 6/28/2021 at 6:52 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carver Bowers went to SDC with the Duggar teens. It looks like they just stuck poor Jordyn in there between Christian and Hannie as some sort of modesty blocker. Can’t let two similar aged teens stand too close! 

1D1EFF00-64E9-49C4-8323-8192331EC1E4.jpeg

Everything else aside, I’m glad the younger kids are getting out and having some fun in the midst of what has to be an incredibly stressful time at home. 

* eta - I know they didn’t always have all the younger ones together- but I hope McKenzie, if they are still at the compound - is still generally included in outings with her best friend cousin Jordyn. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 8

My guess is Josiah and Lauren will divorce. They don't seem well suited, and my sense is that Josiah has a fair amount of stuff from his childhood to work through - more so than many of the other Duggar kids - which he'll either need space to do, or it will come out in unpleasant ways (if he doesn't work through it) and damage their relationship. 

Also I totally agree with @Smee's assessment of Jeremy's character. Maybe it's because I have been in a relationship with a man who was like that (charming in public, awful in private), but he really pings my radar. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

33 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Also I totally agree with @Smee's assessment of Jeremy's character. Maybe it's because I have been in a relationship with a man who was like that (charming in public, awful in private), but he really pings my radar. 

I have always side-eyed Jeremy for the same reasons.   Had an ex bf who seemed such a sweet guy in public but in private, it was an entirely different story.   He never raised a hand to me, but I had no idea that a person could be so emotionally and mentally abusive.

I know that I could be completely wrong and I hope I am.    But I have always gotten a vibe from him that he's one person in public and quite another in private.   And he chose someone who he can completely control / steamroll.  

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, bal maiden said:

My guess is Josiah and Lauren will divorce. They don't seem well suited, and my sense is that Josiah has a fair amount of stuff from his childhood to work through - more so than many of the other Duggar kids - which he'll either need space to do, or it will come out in unpleasant ways (if he doesn't work through it) and damage their relationship. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Josiah and Lauren divorce, either. They just seem such an ill-suited couple, and I get the impression there was a certain amount of parental arrangement in the match. Furthermore, neither of them seemed mature enough to be married at the time.  I’d love to be proved wrong. However, given the number of kids and the fact they’re supposed to marry without either life experience or getting to know the prospective mate on a deep level, some of these marriages are bound to fail. 

Another one who agrees with this reading of Jeremy. He reminds me of several men I dated back in the 80s. They all had a misogynistic view of the world which assumed that in the relationship, their needs and desires would take precedence over the woman’s. They also refused to be available for the woman’s emotional needs. I’m sure some of the, grew out of that attitude, but I don’t see Jeremy doing so. 

• Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 1

On 6/28/2021 at 1:54 PM, HereticHick said:

But that way the rest of the heathens wouldn't know they're extra speshul and modestest!!!! ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

On 6/28/2021 at 12:49 PM, Meggo said:

Right? And it looks ridiculous. If you need pants for what you’re doing, maybe just wear pants. Ugh. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Discipleship Summit for Single Young Fundies
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic