IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 41: Marrying off the Kidults at the Speed of Light

Coconut Flan

I zoomed in and they are definitely braces. She has had more crooked teeth than some of the other Duggars so I wouldn’t be surprised if she got them earlier than some of her siblings. 

• Upvote 5

Braces?

Guess I was a little late.

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Wiss rhymes with piss could totally be a thread title if and when a wiss rhymes with piss courtship with either left over twin is anounced lol. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

16 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Wasn't there some stalking of the group sessions at Jesus camp? Someone was able to join in on line and see Josh. I can't stand Josh, but he and the other people deserved some privacy, and not become snark objects. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. Old age catches up.

You are not remembering wrong, I was relatively new here and very creeped out by that.  

TLDR Josh's Jesus Camp had online services with had real time chat and people from FJ were logging in and disrupting the chat while simultaneously posting here for head pats.  

Full disclosure, I am respectful of people's religious beliefs as long as those beliefs don't hurt others, but I had no moral objections to people shitting on their services.   Because these people do set out to actively harm and oppress others, but when people troll them it makes them take their shitty beliefs private and then the public will never know what dangerous stuff is being touted in their echo chambers.  So while I'll never consider people who actively try to convince a mother to stay with her child-molesting husband worthy of respect, I think seeing what they're doing is better than whatever enjoyment trolls get out of poking the bears.

My apologies to bears for comparing them to these hateful people.  :face_bear:

15 hours ago, artdecades said:

Sorry to change the subject but WTF is going on with Josie’s teeth here. They look black. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPzBVDMhwjY/?utm_medium=copy_link

The world is upside down when Michelle Duggar is one of the best dressed people at an event.  

Why do these people always look like such a hodgepodge when they attend formal events?  Do they not understand the concept of dressing for an occasion?  You'll see some people dressed appropriately and others who look like they could be coming off a shift at work.  Ngl for all my hate for the control JB and M exert over their kids from blanket training to adulthood in this area I'd be the more controlling mom.

My kids are young adults and if either of my boys tried to attend a wedding with me that underdressed I would be sending them back to get into at least a shirt and tie.  I know it's BEC but their wildly mismatched informality is one of my pet peeves.  

• Upvote 20

My dad had to wear a tie to work for like 2 decades straight. It made him hate ties more than anything. You won’t see him in a tie at a wedding nowadays. I got him to wear a tie at my wedding but that’s it. He wears a collared shirt and slacks but no tie. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The world is upside down when Michelle Duggar is one of the best dressed people at an event.  

Why do these people always look like such a hodgepodge when they attend formal events?  Do they not understand the concept of dressing for an occasion?  You'll see some people dressed appropriately and others who look like they could be coming off a shift at work.  Ngl for all my hate for the control JB and M exert over their kids from blanket training to adulthood in this area I'd be the more controlling mom.

My kids are young adults and if either of my boys tried to attend a wedding with me that underdressed I would be sending them back to get into at least a shirt and tie.  I know it's BEC but their wildly mismatched informality is one of my pet peeves.  

At the very least, they quit wearing cheap flip flops everywhere like they did when the show was at the height of its popularity.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Peaches1981 said:

What does it mean? ?‍♀️

If it's upside down like that isn't it that dumb "you looked so I get to punch you game"?

• Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, Grace said:
35 minutes ago, Peaches1981 said:

What does it mean? ?‍♀️

If it's upside down like that isn't it that dumb "you looked so I get to punch you game"?

I'm guessing probably "the circle game", but it's gotten so messed up in the last few years.

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/okay-hand-gesture

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Speaking of that Hartono wedding, did anyone else notice the OK hand symbol on the back of the getaway car? See the video on Jenni Hartono's Insta:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CPuQ36BsmZS/

Isn’t that also the sign kids make (game) and if you get caught looking at it they get to hit you. At least it is a game in Australia? I know that it has racist roots in the states.

if I say that sticker here I would just assume it was referring to the game 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Isn’t that also the sign kids make (game) and if you get caught looking at it they get to hit you. At least it is a game in Australia? I know that it has racist roots in the states.

if I say that sticker here I would just assume it was referring to the game 

It's been a long time since I've been to a wedding so I'm pretty out of touch. But what the heck are they throwing at the bride and groom? I know we've been through rice, confetti, bird seed, and bubbles, but I dont know what this is.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm guessing probably "the circle game", but it's gotten so messed up in the last few years.

https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/okay-hand-gesture

Since the sign was upside down it is definitely the circle game.

This way it also does not spell WP, which is the racist link.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

It's been a long time since I've been to a wedding so I'm pretty out of touch. But what the heck are they throwing at the bride and groom? I know we've been through rice, confetti, bird seed, and bubbles, but I dont know what this is.

Is it those little metallic confetti discs? Non-biodegradable, I assume. Asshats.  I live next to a rather picturesque park often used for photo shoots, and people are always leaving that confetti all over the paths.

• Upvote 6

I hate confetti. I’m such a kill joy. I also hate glitter. They are both so hard to clean up. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 20

I had no idea the circle game was a real game! I thought it was made up for an episode of Malcolm in the Middle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate confetti. I’m such a kill joy. I also hate glitter. They are both so hard to clean up. 

My awesome brother in law hates glitter so much my sister has to open birthday cards on the porch because one time one of her nieces sent her a card with glitter on it.  (Not my kid, I knew better!)  

One Christmas I had the kids make ornaments using glitter and I swear I was cleaning that in random places until we moved.  I love shiny but that stuff gets everywhere.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

On 6/8/2021 at 11:20 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My daughter got married two years ago. It was an outdoor wedding and reception, but people still dressed nicely. My sister in law, who loathes dressing up, showed up wearing jean shorts and a tee shirt. Her boys, who were maybe 11 and 9 at the time wore pull-on athletic shorts and tanks. It was kinda crazy. It made the big-family picture look so weird. I probably sound snobbish saying it, but I was embarrassed they were from our side of the family. I hate dressing up too, but could pull off a nice pair of capris and pretty blouse or loose-flowy tank/sweater combo, and the boys could've worn khaki shorts and button down shirts. 

• Upvote 24

4 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

My daughter got married two years ago. It was an outdoor wedding and reception, but people still dressed nicely. My sister in law, who loathes dressing up, showed up wearing jean shorts and a tee shirt. Her boys, who were maybe 11 and 9 at the time wore pull-on athletic shorts and tanks. It was kinda crazy. It made the big-family picture look so weird. I probably sound snobbish saying it, but I was embarrassed they were from our side of the family. I hate dressing up too, but could pull off a nice pair of capris and pretty blouse or loose-flowy tank/sweater combo, and the boys could've worn khaki shorts and button down shirts. 

I don't think it's snobbish, I would have felt the same way.  And she's not doing her kids any favors when it comes to teaching them the social norm of dressing for the occasion.  When it comes to weddings people have to realize that matching the level of formality of the other guests means they won't be the one ruining the pictures.  The same would apply to showing up to an informal wedding in an evening gown when everyone else was in shorts and t-shirts.

Besides, you'll never know the joy of changing into comfy clothes if you wear them for everything.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

I had no idea the circle game was a real game! I thought it was made up for an episode of Malcolm in the Middle. 

totally real! We played it at high school for ages ( in Germany in the early 2000s)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

On 6/8/2021 at 11:20 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You are not remembering wrong, I was relatively new here and very creeped out by that.  

TLDR Josh's Jesus Camp had online services with had real time chat and people from FJ were logging in and disrupting the chat while simultaneously posting here for head pats.  

Full disclosure, I am respectful of people's religious beliefs as long as those beliefs don't hurt others, but I had no moral objections to people shitting on their services.   Because these people do set out to actively harm and oppress others, but when people troll them it makes them take their shitty beliefs private and then the public will never know what dangerous stuff is being touted in their echo chambers.  So while I'll never consider people who actively try to convince a mother to stay with her child-molesting husband worthy of respect, I think seeing what they're doing is better than whatever enjoyment trolls get out of poking the bears.

My apologies to bears for comparing them to these hateful people.  :face_bear:

I don't know, around here jeans and a gold shirt or collared shirt is pretty standard wedding attire. Women wear dresses but men definitely get away with jeans and a nice shirt. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I don't know, around here jeans and a gold shirt or collared shirt is pretty standard wedding attire. Women wear dresses but men definitely get away with jeans and a nice shirt. 

Your name is reminding me of something I once heard. I heard that a Canadian tuxedo is jeans, a denim shirt, and a denim jacket. Therefore those men might actually be wearing tuxedos to your weddings ;)

• Haha 7

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Your name is reminding me of something I once heard. I heard that a Canadian tuxedo is jeans, a denim shirt, and a denim jacket. Therefore those men might actually be wearing tuxedos to your weddings ;)

Yep, that is the joke. I mean, luckily I don’t know anyone who actually does dress like that but as I said, jeans and a button up shirt is a standard look for men. But it also depends, weddings where I grew up were more casual than the Eastern European weddings my husband grew up attending where suits are the norm. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Discipleship Summit for Single Young Fundies
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic