IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 41: Marrying off the Kidults at the Speed of Light

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Update on that Reddit post, the user has posted a convoy with her cousin and she (the cousin) is 90% sure that the girl was Hannah and they seem to be unchaperoned. So when should we wait for an announcement? Around the start of the process of the one who has to not be nominated? Or after the wedding? Will they announce first or will we have a Jana announcement first? 

Unchaperoned? Jed and Katey would have never

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

There is also a person in reddit claiming to work at the airport where the Wissmans have their plane, and has said to have seen Jana flying in 2 times in the past 12 weeks.

I remember there used to be a thread about Duggar aviation and that flight paths were public information. I have no idea how to look for that, but i just thought if this was true then someone should be able to check if it is true that the wissmans plane has been travelling back and forth to Arkansas.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Ok can we clear something up for me please is it pronounced wiss man rhymes with piss (that’s how I say it in my head when I skim over the name) or is it wise man? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, llucie said:

There is also a person in reddit claiming to work at the airport where the Wissmans have their plane, and has said to have seen Jana flying in 2 times in the past 12 weeks.

I remember there used to be a thread about Duggar aviation and that flight paths were public information. I have no idea how to look for that, but i just thought if this was true then someone should be able to check if it is true that the wissmans plane has been travelling back and forth to Arkansas.

The Duggars made their two main planes private. They haven't been trackable for a few years now. Their lesser planes are trackable, but they mostly seem to use those for lessons and an occasional flight to OK (Abbie's family, presumably).

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, ToriAmos said:

I would think Wissman with a short vowel sound (rhymes with piss), given the spelling.

That’s what I was thinking or maybe it’s German sounding rhyming with vice that’s more what I meant when I wrote wise actually should have written wice lol 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

That’s what I was thinking or maybe it’s German sounding rhyming with vice that’s more what I meant when I wrote wise actually should have written wice lol 

it's probably Wiss - Man, but Wiseman sounds better, so I just call them wiseman

52 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

The way it is spelled any German I know would pronounce it to rhyme with piss. To get it rhyming with vice, the beginning would have to be spelled either Weis-, Weiss- or Weiß- but never Wiss-. Both pronunciations would be accepted as „German sounding“ by Germans as long as they go with the spelling according to pronunciation rules. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 8

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

The Duggars made their two main planes private. They haven't been trackable for a few years now. Their lesser planes are trackable, but they mostly seem to use those for lessons and an occasional flight to OK (Abbie's family, presumably).

This person i think was saying they are using the Wissmans plane,  but i have no idea if that one is private too.

Edit: anyway the OP dissapeared after that one post, so it was likely a fake.

Edited by llucie
to add

6 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

The way it is spelled any German I know would pronounce it to rhyme with piss. To get it rhyming with vice, the beginning would have to be spelled either Weis-, Weiss- or Weiß- but never Wiss-. Both pronunciations would be accepted as „German sounding“ by Germans as long as they go with the spelling according to pronunciation rules. 

Yeah I was thinking of Rachel Weis At the time :) 

• Upvote 2

On 6/6/2021 at 5:52 PM, llucie said:

Mod boxed in error and can't remove it....so I'll use it to apologize.  Publicly available info is allowed, I was wrong, and I promise to be more careful with the shouty red mod box going forward.

Just a reminder that is no longer allowed on FJ.  Any posts tracking their flights or discussing that here will redacted and posters warned.  <---- that was incorrect.

My personal opinion is that the old threads on that are an embarrassment to FJ and never should have happened.  Edited to say I may be wrong on this and if so I'll confirm.   Not removing the mod box since it's been quoted, but it turns out the public info is fine, but the poop touching that happened last time was what made me and the baby Rufus cry.  :) 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
clarification
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

48 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Just a reminder that is no longer allowed on FJ.  Any posts tracking their flights or discussing that here will redacted and posters warned.

My personal opinion is that the old threads on that are an embarrassment to FJ and never should have happened.  

Obviously if it is private information then nobody should be looking at it. I just though it was public record like when people look at their property records to see what houses they own and companys. Although knowing where they live is pretty invasive of privacy too if you think about it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

23 hours ago, llucie said:

Obviously if it is private information then nobody should be looking at it. I just though it was public record like when people look at their property records to see what houses they own and companys. Although knowing where they live is pretty invasive of privacy too if you think about it.

I agree and as I may have been was wrong on this I'm going to kill the mod-box and wait for verification.  

Completely agree on the home listings personally, but as you say public info isn't against the rules.  IMO the businesses are fair game - if people who have hateful beliefs and publicly advocate for same run a business then the public should be able to discuss that.  Like Hobby Lobby, but on a smaller scale.

The reason I mod-boxed is when the publicly available info was discussed the last time it lead to actual onsite discussion of showing up at the airport, contacting each other with burner phones, and frankly it was creepy and more than a little stalkerish.  There were people tracking their flights like it was their job....but taking it to the real world was the ultimate poop touching, imo.

If I was wrong on the rule I am sorry, and no one here did anything that even made me raise an eyebrow.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 2

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree and as I may have been wrong on this I'm going to kill the mod-box and wait for verification.  

Completely agree on the home listings personally, but as you say public info isn't against the rules.  IMO the businesses are fair game - if people who have hateful beliefs and publicly advocate for same run a business then the public should be able to discuss that.  Like Hobby Lobby, but on a smaller scale.

The reason I mod-boxed is when the publicly available info was discussed the last time it lead to actual onsite discussion of showing up at the airport, contacting each other with burner phones, and frankly it was creepy and more than a little stalkerish.  There were people tracking their flights like it was their job....but taking it to the real world was the ultimate poop touching, imo.

If I was wrong on the rule I am sorry, and no one here did anything that even made me raise an eyebrow.  

I didnt follow the threads closely so had no idea what had happened and why they were closed, the fact people though about actually going to stalk them in person is beyond creepy. Some people take following fundies a little too far. To be honest i am surprised no fundie had yet had a problem with a stalker, specially the ones that share everything on social media.

• Upvote 6

I admit that I liked the Duggar Aviation thread, mainly because cos I like stuff about planes and live tracking info. It started to get off track (for me) when a reporter from the town Josh was in for Jesus Camp got involved. Then it was more stalkerish. Before that there was no talk of real life interactions etc. 

But then I'm an ocean away so seeing a random small aircraft fly between NWA and Big Sandy is just an interesting dot on a map.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

35 minutes ago, EmainMacha said:

I admit that I liked the Duggar Aviation thread, mainly because cos I like stuff about planes and live tracking info. It started to get off track (for me) when a reporter from the town Josh was in for Jesus Camp got involved. Then it was more stalkerish. Before that there was no talk of real life interactions etc. 

But then I'm an ocean away so seeing a random small aircraft fly between NWA and Big Sandy is just an interesting dot on a map.

Yeah there were a lot of good people who enjoyed those threads, it's too bad that a handful of people used them to try to creep on people irl.  I was glad the poop touching part was against the rules as that would have been enough to make me nope out of here entirely had that been allowed.  For me it went way beyond eye rolling and into holy shit what am I reading?! territory.  Hence my inappropriate knee jerk reaction above.

I don't remember the stuff about the reporter, but if I go down that rabbit hole now I'll never find my way out.  Was the reporter involved in the burner phone debacle or was it a separate thing?  (just mild curiosity in case you remember, don't waste time searching if you don't.)

Oh and I just misread your post count title as "Neutering your brother's manhood" and I thought too bad it's not a Duggar teaching.  It would have solved a lot of problems with their eldest brother if it had been.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok can we clear something up for me please is it pronounced wiss man rhymes with piss (that’s how I say it in my head when I skim over the name) or is it wise man? 

This video introduces them as wiss (rhymes with piss): 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

@HerNameIsBuffy- I think the majority of the creepier stuff happened in and around the Josh at Jesus Camp thing. There was a user called Rockfordscanner ( don't want to @ them) who was staking out the airport based on the info from the flight tracking. I think they were a reporter. Some members were engaging in discussion with him but I don't remember the extent of other people's involvement.

My current post title kind of makes me feel a bit nauseous. I love my brothers but ??

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

10 minutes ago, EmainMacha said:

@HerNameIsBuffy- I think the majority of the creepier stuff happened in and around the Josh at Jesus Camp thing. There was a user called Rockfordscanner ( don't want to @ them) who was staking out the airport based on the info from the flight tracking. I think they were a reporter. Some members were engaging in discussion with him but I don't remember the extent of other people's involvement.

My current post title kind of makes me feel a bit nauseous. I love my brothers but ??

Not sure if you were kidding, but if it bothers you I'm happy to change it to whatever you want.  Those are automatic by post count, but we can over ride that either temporarily or permanently.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Wasn't there some stalking of the group sessions at Jesus camp? Someone was able to join in on line and see Josh. I can't stand Josh, but he and the other people deserved some privacy, and not become snark objects. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. Old age catches up.

• I Agree 5

On 5/20/2021 at 3:05 PM, fundiewatch said:

@HerNameIsBuffy the “troubled teen” industry is horrific. Have you read Help At Any Cost by Maia Szalavitz? It’s the best I’ve read on the subject. I’m a social worker now, but prior to grad school I worked for just a few months at a place that felt approaching to this sort of place. I remember thinking my god these kids are being robbed of their childhoods, and they largely have family issues and are smoking too much pot. I’d had an eating disorder growing up and my family didn’t know to get help, but I saw girls in there who were just struggling, trauma histories, and our approach is to take away all trappings of a home life? Gah. Sending support to you. 

My parents wanted to send me to a "brat camp."

I was 15, my parents pulled me out of my private christian school (so I was ripped away from everything and everyone I knew), and my 10-year old cousin had just died a really painful death. I was doing fine academically in my new public school but my behavior - according to my parents - kept getting "worse." They thought I was on drugs (I wasn't). I literally was just in deep grief and wanted to be alone but I guess that wasn't appropriate. We only had 1 computer in our home and one day I found an email exchange between my mom discussing with some random man to send me somewhere. I looked it up and it was one of those "wilderness thereaputic programs."

My parents were going to pay money to have adult men pretend to kidnap me in our home in the middle of the night, take me to a hotel to explain that my parents were the ones who wanted me sent away, and then I'd be put out in the middle of a forest with "counselors" and a group with other "troubled" teens to straighten us out and we would stay out there "as long as necessary." I still can't give over to this day that my parents - who were not by any means rich, not even lower middle class - would pay to have me completely traumatized like that. If they had actually gone through with it, I don't think I would have ever forgiven them. I don't think we'd have any relationship now. That was such a big betrayal that I still think about to this day. I feel like my parents didn't know how to be parents (like many fundie and fundie-adjacent families), their first instinct was to throw me to the wolves. 

But....they didn't send me. Because I made a deal. I got on my hands and knees crying, begging to be homeschooled. I told my parents the public school was a bad influence (I knew that was what they wanted to hear) and our problems would be solved if I was out of public school. I knew we couldn't afford private school anymore. And my older sister had been homeschooled before and I was homeschooled for Kindergarten. I knew they'd be open to the idea and I felt like that was my only option of being safe. So that was the deal. My mom got a "godly woman", who was also a former teacher, to be my private tutor and to also teach me "how to be a real woman." 

So that's my homeschooling & brat camp story. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 14
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 35

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Discipleship Summit for Single Young Fundies
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic