IGNORED

Jen Psaki: Daily Briefings Are Back

fraurosena

I love Jen:

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

Doocy just can't seem to get it through his thick skull that he's not going to win:

• Upvote 11

Doocy being Doocy:

image.png.58f59a0fff055d52670cc0b55669909f.png

• Upvote 9

I wonder when Doocy is going to get tired of being smacked down.

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Doocy needs a supersized vat of aloe for the burns Psaki gives him:

• Upvote 10

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Howl said:

I always just think of him as Peter Douchey, son of Steve Douchey.  Occasionally, I omit the "y" and add a "bag".

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going with an episode of "The Twilight Zone":

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

I love the slam on Cruz:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Swoon!  That, ladies and gentlemen, is how to do the job of presidential press secretary.  Dang, I can only hope to be half as cool, calm, intelligent, respectful yet pointed as Jen Psaki.  She is such a bad-ass.  

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Becky said:

I can only hope to be half as cool, calm, intelligent, respectful yet pointed as Jen Psaki. 

I would settle for 1/100th of the cool, calm, and pointed aspects of her personality.

If I do say so myself, I'm fairly intelligent, although about different subjects than the amazing Ms. Psaki, and usually respectful when not on FJ mocking Gary and JillRod.

But I'm a non-confrontational wimp, easily hurt, and need time to formulate answers.

I'd probably have a heart attack and die within the first 2 minutes of attempting that job. :fainting:

• Upvote 13

39 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

But I'm a non-confrontational wimp, easily hurt, and need time to formulate answers.

Although not easily hurt, I too am non-confrontational and also need time to formulate my answers. However, I'm not in awe of Psaki because of her quick comebacks. You forget that she has ample time to prepare. She and her team are no idiots, they know what type of questions will be asked from the right. So although I absolutely admire her unfazed demeanor and on point snarkasms, I don't believe she comes up with those answers on the spot.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

And I would think of the perfect comeback line no sooner than two hours after it was over.:evil-laugh:

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

On 10/15/2021 at 8:28 AM, Cartmann99 said:

Count me as another one who couldn't do this job - not least because the frustration of a billion attempts at "gotcha" moments would drive me nuts. I don't watch the press conferences here now because I'm ready to slap certain reporters.

On 10/16/2021 at 6:55 AM, fraurosena said:

Although not easily hurt, I too am non-confrontational and also need time to formulate my answers. However, I'm not in awe of Psaki because of her quick comebacks. You forget that she has ample time to prepare. She and her team are no idiots, they know what type of questions will be asked from the right. So although I absolutely admire her unfazed demeanor and on point snarkasms, I don't believe she comes up with those answers on the spot.

Maybe not, but that she manages not to roll her eyes at the questions while they are being asked is still a feat worthy of praise.

• Upvote 12

On 10/16/2021 at 5:09 PM, Ozlsn said:

Count me as another one who couldn't do this job - not least because the frustration of a billion attempts at "gotcha" moments would drive me nuts. I don't watch the press conferences here now because I'm ready to slap certain reporters.

Maybe not, but that she manages not to roll her eyes at the questions while they are being asked is still a feat worthy of praise.

It really is. 

• I Agree 3

You would think Doocy would get tired of having his ass handed to him...

• Upvote 5

His questions seem to be perfect set ups for her quips. I wonder if these two have a secret pact together of some sort... :think:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1