IGNORED

Highway of Horror: People Magazine Investigates

PennySycamore

I picked up a copy of People yesterday when I was at Target, mostly because of the Meghan and Harry article, but found this article about the kidnap and murder of Tammy Zywicki in 1992 of more interest.  I saw the article and knew that name.  You see, Tammy was local.  She grew up in Greenville, graduated from Eastside High where she started the Girls' Soccer Team, and had been a member of the St Giles Soccer Club before the family moved to New Jersey.  She was a rising senior at Grenell College in Iowa and she and her brother were driving back to school.  Tammy dropped her brother off at Northwestern and continued driving west.  She had car trouble around La Salle, Illinois when she was abducted.  Her body was found not  far off the interstate in Missouri.  They may have discovered Tammy's body but they've not caught her killer.  Now after 30 years, there is hope that they might finally solve the case.  Highway to Horror had already aired on ID Discovery, but you can catch it On Demand or on Discovery+  On Demand Is how I watched it, but there should be repeats as well.

There is some thought she may have been abducted by a long haul trucker since her car was found beside I-80 and her body off another interstate

Edited by PennySycamore
because, damnit, I can add.
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thank You 2

This is going to re air Saturday morning at 9 central per my YouTube tv app.  

• Thank You 1

This is something I’d be interested in watching but I don’t think it will air here. I’ll search for it online - thanks for the recommendation.