IGNORED

Joy & Austin 32: Living the Fundie Dream with Rifles, RVs & Babies

Grace
47 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

I cannot relate to that at all. At 8 months everyone is finally getting some sleep, baby is starting to interact and show some personality. My baby is 11 months old and the idea of going back to the start is something I would have to psych myself up for.

When it's the last baby I totally get it. But not if you know you're going to have a zillion more

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
Satan'sFortress

And also, someone else in that family will be constantly providing a fresh new baby. So, then you can hold them and hug them and hand them back!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
GuineaPigCourtship

I got misty when I had to pack away the first size of baby clothes, but young babies are SO understandably needy that I look forward to her growing and learning. They bigger she gets, the more I can do with her.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2
NotQuiteMotY
On 4/5/2021 at 10:10 PM, baldricks_turnip said:

I cannot relate to that at all. At 8 months everyone is finally getting some sleep, baby is starting to interact and show some personality. My baby is 11 months old and the idea of going back to the start is something I would have to psych myself up for.

I can, actually. Younger is supposed to be the last but I've been wanting another since he was six months or so. I suspect part of it is that he's, well, supposed be the last, so it's harder to hit the milestones knowing I'll never see them again, but there's also that I had an easier time with him than his brother. I can see if Joy's more relaxed and healing over Annabell to want to enjoy it again already.

• Upvote 4
Expectopatronus
On 4/5/2021 at 2:46 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Joy has a new post about how she's sad that Evelyn is growing so fast and getting old. Baby was born in August. 

I understand that. I have a hard time with each size outgrown and every month or milestone is both a source of joy and grief. At 16 months, I love that she can toddle but I miss the tiny 5 lbs 7 ounce mite. It’s hard knowing that she’s growing up and will never be a newborn again. Now, if only she would sleep in her crib again (she started crib refusing in November). 

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 8
AprilQuilt
5 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I understand that. I have a hard time with each size outgrown and every month or milestone is both a source of joy and grief. At 16 months, I love that she can toddle but I miss the tiny 5 lbs 7 ounce mite. It’s hard knowing that she’s growing up and will never be a newborn again. Now, if only she would sleep in her crib again (she started crib refusing in November). 

Mine did this. We ended up getting a floor bed and have never looked back. Well, I say that - we had to change the door handle so she couldn't go roaming the house but she got used to it very quickly and now goes to bed happily, whereas trying to put her in a cot was awful every. single. night. If she's upset in the night there's room for one of us to go in and lie next to her rather than bring her into our bed. At first she just slept on the sheet in her sleeping bag, as she had in the cot - now she's 2 she has her own pillow and bedding. It's very cute. And no kamikaze missions over the edge of the cot.

Just make sure there's no way she can get stuck between the bed and the wall - either have space on either side of the bed or if that's not possible, invest in bed rails.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Seemed like half of my friends (including me) got a puppy when our youngest kid was around 5...  we wanted something small and cute and snuggly without the work of raising another human child.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Seemed like half of my friends (including me) got a puppy when our youngest kid was around 5...  we wanted something small and cute and snuggly without the work of raising another human child.  

I know of several families who did the same thing. Probably for the same reason. 

• Upvote 2

My third child is about to be one and that's my favorite baby age. They're not totally helpless (she can move around and entertain herself but not big enough to be into much, and they just hug, kiss, and giggle and don't talk back or yell things like "WHERE'S MY FOOD??" at you like my four year old did to me this morning, lol. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
GuineaPigCourtship

I'm living for the age where I can talk into my daughter's foot like it's a phone and she'll find it as hilarious as I do. So far it's not 3 months.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 4